[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is atheist a bad word nowadays? I see people tack on the

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: atheism[1].png (78KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
atheism[1].png
78KB, 2000x2000px
Why is atheist a bad word nowadays? I see people tack on the descriptor to insults and use the word as a derogatory now more than I have in any other point this decade.

Isn't it a contentless word? Why is a personality being tacked onto it?
>>
>>38833206
Because people are generally tired of atheists shitting up every thread and comment section with their preaching about how getting rid religion will solve every single problem.

Heck, many atheists have grown up in the past 15 years, and dont give a shit about atheist activism anymore.

Additionally, the atheist movement turned on each other since elevatorgate and hitchens' death, so no one takes them seriously anymore.

TLDR: atheists are annoying faggots and people are beginning to realize this
>>
>>38833295
As far as I've gone with not believing is just that, I never believed. Why should this fact say more about me than that?

When you say atheist aren't you just saying anyone who hasn't become a believer of at least one type of religion? Are even a majority of them fedora tippers, activists, annoying faggots or those involved in the movement? If so why do they have to be?
>>
Kerbumping because I think it's a pretty common occurrence.
>>
>>38833206
typical reactionary response to anything on the Internet
>>
>>38833206
Because 90% of atheists are edgy teenagers and will convert to theism when they become adults
>>
>>38833206
because atheism has turned into a cult of spergout fedoras without concern of other people's beliefs, even more, they dedicate themselves to undermine christendom but they don't EVER dare to criticise islam and judaism!
>>
>>38833858
>but they don't EVER dare to criticise islam and judaism!
Sam Harris does it all the time and he gets called a racist by A-list celebrities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vln9D81eO60
>>
>>38833206
Because a majority of them are literal spergs. Like communists and evangelicals, though at least the latter group try to be successful. Some of them at least.
>>
>>38833383
The majority of vocal atheists on the internet are fedora tippers and annoying faggots.

They are like that because atheism is an easy way to signal one's own intelligence.

>>38833847
This. Or they become apathetic agnostics once they realize that religion can't be blamed for 99% of the problems they are going to face as adults.

>>38833858
>they don't EVER dare to criticise islam
False. Dawkins and Harris bash Islam all the time.

Ironically, its one of the reasons why atheism has become passe. Since they shat on Muslims so much, Liberals, their only real allies, started to disown them
>>
>>38833975
>The majority of vocal atheists on the internet are
Most vocal people on the internet are annoying faggots of some variety, to be fair. Thinking on it, this is a weird discussion, by being an atheist I'm not part of a group at all.
>>
It's pure contrainism, it used to be cool to rebel against the evangelicals so Athiesm was popular. Now the tables have turned and the cool kids have swapped seats.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.