[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cold sores

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: Cold-Sore-Triggers.jpg (17KB, 400x182px) Image search: [Google]
Cold-Sore-Triggers.jpg
17KB, 400x182px
Please tell me someone can relate
>be me
>ages 12-20
>every 6 months get massive coldsore on my face right on my lip
>Super irritating
>Super noticeable
>Super gross
>Every man, woman and child thinks I have herpes
>missed out on middleschool and highschool relationships
>Now college relationships because of it

Is there a cure lads? Anyway to end this shitty existence? Pic somewhat related
>>
just be confident, girls love guys that are confident
>>
>>38827650
Confidence is meme. People thinking I have aids/herpes isn't :(
>>
File: 1477505174841.jpg (37KB, 386x366px) Image search: [Google]
1477505174841.jpg
37KB, 386x366px
>>38827606
That's literally what it is though.
Either your parents slept around or you were retarded enough to drink after someone else.
>>
Anon, cold sores ARE herpes. It's nothing to be ashamed of. Over 90% of the population has oral herpes.
Vitamin C and echinacea can help with breakouts. Stay out of the sun, and don't kiss anybody or have oral sex while you're having a breakout.
>>
>>38827749
>mom was a stacy
>since she was mom wed share drinks
>it all makes sense now

Thanks mom...
>>
>>38827606

That's cause cold sores are HSV-1 and herpies are HSV-2
>>
>>38827766
Thank you for the help double dubs anon, however being ashamed isn't something I can help. The breakouts are neck worthy some times
>>
>>38827606
You have oral herpes, OP. Go to your doctor and request a topical acyclovir cream. If you put it on when you first start feeling a cold sore coming on, it will prevent it from forming.
>>
>>38827819
Most people get herpes from relatives kissing you when you were little. In one case recently it killed a 1 year old: http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/18/health/baby-dies-of-meningitis-from-herpes-virus/index.html

>>38827836
That's a misleading statement. HSV-1 and HSV-2 are both herpes, and can both cause oral or genital sores (although HSV-2 rarely infects people orally.)
The majority of newer cases of genital herpes are actually HSV-1, which is more commonly associated with oral infection.
>>
>>38827848
Herpes affects everyone differently. Most people who have herpes never have symptoms. The frightening part is you can still spread herpes even when you aren't having a breakout due to viral shedding.
If your breakouts are that bad, talk to a doctor. Also stay healthy, eat right exercise and all that because your immune system is what suppresses the herpes virus.
>>
>>38827606
but you DO have oral herpes...me too, though I only ever had one blister. sucks anon, do the meds help?
>>
File: 1501580087637.png (251KB, 500x733px) Image search: [Google]
1501580087637.png
251KB, 500x733px
As a fellow victim of cunt sores i can sympathise, i'll give you some pro-coping tips. You said every 6 months right? Well my boy, now every 6 months you've taken a tumble and got a nasty cut on your lip/nose that you've put a plaster on. Normies don't have long-term memory to deal with remembering you pulled that shit 6 months ago. If someone does make a joke about cold sores, do not drop spaghetti and deflect attention as best you can.

Furthermore, whenever you feel the tell-tale tingling before they break the surface, IMMEDIATELY apply the cold sore crea, once it's broken the surface you are fucked for the next several days. It is very possible to not have a bad outbreak for years on end if you just catch them early. Godspeed anon, normies don't know the struggle of having cold-sores. Best of luck to you.
>>
but anon cold sores are herpes
>>
>>38827749
about 80 to 90 percent of the world has it, who cares as long as its not genital herpes relax OP
>>
>>38827986
Using chap stick to prevent chapped lips seems to help some people all but eliminate outbreaks as well. Never have chapped lips myself, but worth remembering.
>>
>>38827766
>or have oral sex

lel do you think that will give them real herpes?
>>
>>38827986
a lot of normies do a lot of kissing , making out and the oral sex so yeah they probs do lol
>>
>>38828014
>>38828026
It's the same virus. The only difference is the site of infection.
see >>38827879
>>
>>38827766
>>38827873
>>38827879
>>38827918
>>38827986
>>38828014

Thank you so much fellow bots. Also thank you to anyone who I missed. I appriciate that no one called me retarted for not knowing I actually had herpes.
>>
File: 1470985034186.jpg (10KB, 255x200px) Image search: [Google]
1470985034186.jpg
10KB, 255x200px
>>38828038
I entirely disagree, because the difference is that they are normies. Chad getting infected is a push factor on top of many more pull factors, however OP here only gets another minus that makes him even less desirable, poor sod probably didn't even get it via kissing.
>>
>>38828047
>>38827879
The prevalence of HSV1 and 2 is 64-90% world wide. flareups only happen depending on the strength of the host's immune system. That's why most people only show signs when they're sick.
>>
>being unfortunate enough to have oral herpes

RIP in piece, OP.
>>
L-Lysine helps a lot. Get a bottle and keep it around and when you start to feel the tingle, start popping them like skittles. Also I suppose keeping your stress levels low in general also helps as they most commonly break out in times of stress.
>>
File: herpes.jpg (60KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
herpes.jpg
60KB, 640x960px
god dammit Carol
>>
>>38828150
If it helps, I also have an autoimmune disease so my immune system is hyper weak compared to all others
>>
File: 068.jpg (366KB, 1600x1053px) Image search: [Google]
068.jpg
366KB, 1600x1053px
>Anon, cold sores ARE herpes. It's nothing to be ashamed of.

lol being a KHV with an STD on your face is pretty bad my famalams

if it makes you feel better there are millions of niggers in Africa who are literally born with HIV from their moms and then die of AIDS

guaranteed to not make you feel better

the nazis had a plan to fix or deal with this, but this is the world you chose
>>
>>38828014
theres two strains of herpes. If you have one on the lip you cant get it on your genitals. of course people with herpes think its no big deal. They cant get the herpes they have Twice!
>>
Whenever I get herpes I take an alcohol-filled q-tip to them. I think it helps. All mine happen inside my lips tho so
>>
>>38827606

Here's what you do OP:

>feel initial tingling of the soon-to-be cold sore

>fill a ceramic mug with water

>microwave the mug for one minute

>hold the rim of the mug to the tingling spot, or as close to the hot portion of the mug as possible

>hold the mug to lip as long as you can without burning yourself, this kills the virus before it starts forming blisters

>repeat twice or three times after mug cools off

You can thank me later. Rinsing your mouth with baking soda in water every night helps to stop the virus from coming back too
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.