[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

One hundred and sixty hours. One hundred and sixty hours. One

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: download (2).jpg (8KB, 213x150px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
8KB, 213x150px
One hundred and sixty hours.
One hundred and sixty hours.
One hundred and sixty.
This is a number that will forever be rooted in the canals of my brain like some kind of cancerous tumor. It has only been my first month working and in that month I wasted one hundred and sixty hours of my life sitting behind a desk mindlessly typing bullshit that is of little signifcance to anything or anyone in this world. Sure, I get a meager paycheck that allows me to go and get needlessly inebriated with friends on the weekend in a cabin attempt to forget the hellacious week that proceeded it, but is it really worth it? Is buying some shiny new gadget really worth one hundred and sixty hours a month of wasting my life? Can you imagine the things I could do in this time instead? I could master a foreign language, develop an artistic talent or dedicate myself to studying but instead I must slave behind a computer screen, meticulously counting down the seconds until I can return home. My work is of little importance, it pays relatively well but it's all a facade. I act as a middleman pushing bullshit to other bullshitters whom are all equally insignificant in life. I will never make a mark on this world. I will never create something that another person enjoys. I will never emotionally impact anyone with my shitty job.

I can no longer stand being a wagecuck. This is enivtably going to end in my suicide or absolute total self destruction as I become an alcoholic and addicted to prostitutes. The hollow feeling that wagecucking for one hundred and sixty hours a month can not be remedied with simple anecdotes like "work sucks!" and "thank God it's Friday'" Humans were not meant to squander their lives like this. There has to be something more to life.
>>
>>38819006
This is why I've sworn to never work at a desk, I've done it for 4 years now and I'm fucking done with it.
>>
whats your job anon? and are you sure this misery is specific to this job in general or just this specific one/place? I recently quit a job for one that pays less and is 3 times as far but I am far more fulfilled and happy with my new one.
>>
>>38819114
OP is an unemployed 19 year old NEET LARPing as a wagecuck
>>
>>38819022
But what else can be done? The majority of jobs that pay even remotely decent are desk jobs. I would hazard to say 80%-90% of decent to well paying jobs can be categorized to some extent as a "desk job" Sure you can work elsewhere but in all likelihood you'll be getting poverty wages or absolutely no benefit so you're fucked when you throw your back out after moving bricks for 20 years.

My dream is to own my own brewery or Nihonshu distillery (I live in Japan so rice liquor would be more feasible than beer.) I would love to be able to create something with my hands that people enjoy. Seeing regulars come in to partake in something that I created Would be amazing. It would be even better if it was in a slightly rural area where I don't have to deal with shitty city life.
I know deep down that i will never achieve this dream though so it only makes reality even more crushing. I will never own a brewery, distillery or even a bar or restaraunt. The money required to start these operations is far beyond my reach and every day I spend wagecucking is another day I am losing out on valuable experience in the distillery field that could be used to achieve my dream. Even if I could some how manage to procure the funding required for such operations statistics show that I would in all likelihood fail. What is the point of living when I can be nothing other than a scummy consumerist rat whom contributes absolutely nothing to society? The fact that I had to go to college and get a degree to get this terrible job is even more insulting in a sense. Requiring a degree for the majority of these jobs reeks of nepotism because I've found out that literally nothing I studied at university will be applied in my professional career.
>>
>>38819114
I work in procurement.
>>38819160
I wish this were true
>>
>>38819006
live a crazy life outside of work anon. create something of a double life
>>
Real adult feels ITT
>>
>>38819376
Isn't this what fight club was about? And wasn't the point of that movie that doing that is bad or something?
>>
>>38819163
What is something related that you enjoy, can make money off of and relatively cheap to start up?
>>
>>38819006
>I can master a foreign language, develop an artistic talent
You won't do any of these things. This is the adult world. For thousands of years your ancestors labored to survive. Be thankful you can sit in a padded chair rather then break your back in a field. Your parents worked to raise you as well. You're weak, lazy and pathetic. If you want to have any form of success in life; assets, women, whatever - then you need a job. Most people don't like working but if you lack the discipline to stick with it then you don't deserve any of life's pleasures. The hard truth is, fun isn't free.
>>
>>38819439
I am not sure to be entirely honest.
Perhaps some kind of sleazy pub? Who knows
>>38819499
I have already become fluent in one foreign language so I know I have the perservearance to learn another. At this point I would almost prefer some kind of construction job but the fact is it pays too little/has no benefits. Life's pleasures are arguably worth working mundane meaningless jobs but how can you justify it when the majority of your free time goes to said shitty job?
>>
File: comfyplanet.png (2MB, 1454x1083px) Image search: [Google]
comfyplanet.png
2MB, 1454x1083px
>>38819006
WAGEKEKS BTFO ON SUICIDE WATCH PAHAHHAHHAHA
>>
If you had 160 free hours you would just browse 4chan and masturbate and you know it. I can't stand this "I could be doing x important thing" because 99% of the time is not true

Just go find a career where your work actually matters. If you can't find any well lad u r fuckd
>>
The only way out of slave waging is to invest in assets. Then you quit your job once you have enough to live off.
>>
>>38819006
I know that wagecuck feel, bro. If you don't work you'll have limitless downtime that you'll spend starving and suffering. If you work you'll have nice things and a nice home and be able to afford nice hobbies but you will NEVER get to spend time enjoying it.

Yin and Yang. The undefeatable system of the universe. All existence is a cruel joke. You will never have your cake and eat it too.
>>
>>38819611
>If you had 160 free hours you would just browse 4chan and masturbate
I'm not OP but there is literally nothing wrong with that, it is still infinitely better than being at work.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (8KB, 288x175px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
8KB, 288x175px
>>38819006
STOP WORKING
Good for you anon, its a shame it took you that long to reject the materialism pill and realise that the idea of chasing money is a waste of time and there are far more valuble things in life than putting 100% effort in to earn money.
>Health and well being
>self sufficency
>raising a family
> living a simplier life.

By all means dont cold turkey still work so you have an income but slowly over time cut off your wants until you simply have the basic needs you will feel freedom and relief in your life as you will now be self sufficent and never have to have worry about much ever again.

Ive slowly started doing it day by cutting out stuff like expensive clothes, vidya and even planted some tomato seeds in my greenhouse to harvest them instead of buying them.
>>
>>38819733
Yeah but don't try to pretend that you would read philosophy, learn a new language, go hiking, etc because no one that has all day free does that
>>
>>38819823
This, yesterday I realised I hadnt even masturbated in a week, I can feel my mind approaching Nirvhana
>>
Why do people encourage neetdom. Don't needs need wagies to ensalve into the system so they can continue to partake in the social welfare, that is part of that system?
>>
>>38819826
Naw I sure as shit wouldn't. I'd let my mind rot.

>>38819823
I'm the least materialistic person I've ever met. All I need is a decent internet connection, decent PC, and comfy bed. That's it.
Cheapest rent in my town is 900$ a month - thats what I pay. I jew'd my ISP into giving me a retarded gud deal on my internet which is superb. $130/mo (inb4 thats outrageous - not in rural fuckin alberta it's not), I never turn my fuckin heat on even in the dead of winter, and my water is included in the rent. $110 for power every month, 25$ for my phone, 9$ for netflix and my monthly expenses without feeding myself are $1174. I work 32 hours a week for a paycheck every two weeks in the neighborhood of 600$ after taxes. That would leave me with $26 left over every month if I lived alone but thank fuck I split rent bills and food with 2 other people.

You think if you live cheap you can live off of part time at mcdonalds comfortably instead of wage cucking your whole week away? Well I've got news for you sonny jim, that don't make you enough for a doss, and I oughta know cause thats my fuckin life.

If you don't wagecuck all week like a dog for fancy things you're wagecucking all week to not be homeless.
>>
Now you see what neets mean by putting our time towards things that matter. I'm sure flipping burgers is a great boon to society, but I want more from life than that.
>>
>>38820097
Mcdonald's might not work but part time is common in nursing. $40-60k is not uncommon working just two days a week. It's the main reason I chose it. I want to get a head start on retirement and then drop to part time to pay bills while my investments will hopefully have grown enough to have me retired bp the time I'm in my 40s. Worst case scenario I keep working full time, which is 3 days week.
>>
>>38820163
You know that nurses get run like dogs for years right? Like pulling double shifts and being on-call on their "days off"? You get to choose how little you work more as you gain seniority and you are going to be waiting an awful long time to have seniority...
>>
>>38819163
I'm in the trades and it's great. I can actually study or code after work without mental burn out. It's like going to gym and getting paid
>>
>>38819006
No one owes you a living, it's not about the stupid shit you do with your extra money, working is how you keep yourself alive in this society. Get used to it pussy
>>
>>38820235
Not in the US. It's illegal to work us over 16 hours in one day in my state. You can choose to take on additional days or not, and get paid overtime if you do. The hospital I work at doesn't have nurses on call. We are always short staffed so staff ratios are dangerous most days, but it's safer than relying on 24 hr shifts and people on call. They do require one year experience before hiring what they call a 'weekender', but that's not seniority. They don't care what hospital you got experience from so long as it's the same specialty. Mine is critical care so no worries there. Nursing already has a shortage, but ICU is especially in need. It might be as you say in your country but once again, burgers do it better.
>>
>>38819394
>And wasn't the point of that movie that doing that is bad or something?
Not at all. Are you a girl?
You should read the book, changed my life. Also read his book choke if you need man advice
>>
File: smugwojak4v2.png (32KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
smugwojak4v2.png
32KB, 640x400px
>>38819006
This is why NEET LIFE is the best.
>>
>>38819006
>I could master a foreign language, develop an artistic talent or dedicate myself to studying
Or you could have done that when you were younger and these things would have been easier, put that on a college application, gotten into a better school, gotten better grades, and gotten a better job. How does it feel to know that this is all your fault?
>>
The worst job you can have is a salaried position where you have a list of things to get done instead of an hourly schedule. I constantly have to push myself like it's fucking football training bc if I don't the day just gets longer and longer. I fucking hate it all.
>>
>>38820694
This is the sad truth.
I spent my adolescence playing video games, acquiring no useful skills. Now I wagecuck for a living, but I've been trying to teach myself some new skills that I've always wanted to learn on the side.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.