[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you feel about this system in the USA?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

Does anybody here have a hard time participating in capitalism? It just all seems so fake. It feels like they took away my ability to be self sufficient. How does homelessness exist? We've survived off the earth for thousands of years and yet people starve and are forced to beg because they are not allowed to be self sufficient. I don't know how to do anything useful except work. I can't hunt, grow my own food, build shelter. I still feel like a kid. As all of these countries race to the bottom to slash wages and increase productivity there will be nothing left for the vast majority of people. This system of fake value cannot sustain itself. I don't think communism is the answer either. If everybody was self sufficient I feel the world would be a much better place. Why do I have to go do something I don't want to do all day to benefit someone else, only because I was born at the bottom? Why can't I hunt for my food, farm, and enjoy time with my family? There are things about capitalism that are cool, like computers, internet, but is it really worth it?

What are your thoughts on this?
>>
Capitalism is fucked and killing the planet, enriching a select few while the rest of us toil in a rigged system. If you don't think it's rigged, see how stock traders operate behind the scenes.

Unfortunately, there's no real alternatives at the moment. Communism is also fucked and failed every time it's been tried, fascism is terrible. Maybe some sort of cooperative anarchy/libertarian voluntary mutual aid utopia will appear in the future. I can only hope so.

Everything from shithead managers at my old retail job to Swiss bank accounts loaded with fraud earnings to children in India scraping the copper off our "recycled" electronics just makes a case that capitalism is a death machine. The output is immense unimaginable wealth for a hidden plutocracy, a moneyed braggart financial/political elite, a decent life for the middle-class hostages, and absolute misery for all the rest.

How the fuck can we have starvation and horrible parching thirst for billions of people yet use the resources that could pull those people from their hell on maintaining ten-thousand nuclear weapons?

Humanity has fucked priorities and we are way off plot s-o-s
>>
Hunter-gatherer and independent farms aren't possible anymore. Won't be possible until about 6 billion humans die. Until then, enjoy being a cog in the great machine.
>>
>>38817753
No system can be perfect until we are post-scarcity and thats not coming for hundreds of years if we're LUCKY.

The best we can hope for in our lifetime is seeing a universal income.

We have 2 potential futures due to automization and joblessness.

1. World as shitty as blade runner with 80% unemployment btfo even greece. Everyone survives like its africa even in the first world. No one does anything to fix it because money controls everything.
2. Basic income and we somehow make that work without becoming commies. Otherwise we become stinking commies and exist equally as shitty as option 1.

There's no third option here
>>
I mean the alternative ain't good
best case scenario is to tough it out and then tax the robotic rich. Honestly in the past this was not even a viable option.

But as the robots take the jobs and push more and more people into low wages or high wages. And factoring in global competition for high wages we will be in an unstable time for the first time in a long time.

The rich are smart though, they'll keep us consumers on a leash.. Just look at their investments in the social sciences, I think sociology is the big one.

But honestly we are doing decently well right now All things considered.
>>
It always seemed fucked to me that losing jobs due to automation is a bad thing. Less work needs to be done per person, and somehow this leads to people getting paid less and being able to buy less? I dunno, man.
>>
File: 1500002471632.png (41KB, 628x864px) Image search: [Google]
1500002471632.png
41KB, 628x864px
>>38817753
Capitalism is a system that inherently caters to the whims of the majority.

The majority is stupid, self-absorbed cancer so capitalism just turns the world into a shitty, broken prison without opportunity where anyone intelligent or decent is held hostage from birth til death by retards and criminals.
>>
>>38817962
Hiw does that not make any sense to you? If tomorrow 20% of jobs in America disappeared what do you think would happen? Driverless cars will put millions out of work.
>>
>>38817962
The overwhelming majority of things capitalists claim society needs are actually just things capitalism needs to continue to exist.
>>
>>38818041
What i really hate is the argument that people wouldn't do anything like make music or try to be the best at something. They claim due to capitalism individuals are motivated purely by money to acheive great things. Whereas I believe the money is just a byproduct of them striving to be the best. They are basically claiming before money nobody did anything just to be the best or good at something.
>>
>>38818005
I mean, yes, I understand why it happens, it just seems completely ridiculous and counter-intuitive. Something is wrong with a system that's worse for society when work is easier to do.

Not that I'm aware of a better system.
>>
>>38818100
Studies have already shown that when you literally just GIVE people money, they become dramatically more productive. As any sane person would expect.

Of course fucking slavers aren't going to try to convince people that slavery is bad.
>>
>>38818132
Lol who would have thought not working 12 hours a day would make you more productive.
>>
>>38818132
>works retail
>omg, 9 hour shift?! we should unionize
>dear internet, here's some highlights of today's slavery *pause to sip cafe mocha*

you raise some interesting rhetoric though
>>
>>38818275
>Blah blah drivel blah
>Checkmate atheists
This is why not only are humans NOT going to be "conquering the galaxy" in 20 years, you're going to be extinct in a few millennia. Such self-destructive know-nothing retards.
>>
>>38817753
Off topic but, do you mind if I save this Chad?
>>
>>38818302
>blllluuuurrrggg I'm roight you know we can't keep this up for ever check my economic theory achievements

hard to tell how you cannot secure gainful employment
>>
>>38818313
Why the fuck would i care man? Lol
>>
Capitalism is sped up social selection.

People incapable of outperforming others are ousted. Is it cruel? Yes. Is it wrong? No.

Nobody is guaranteed anything. Some people just can't do what others do. The amount of luck it takes to make a decent living is minimal. So work hard and reap the benefits.

If you are poor you need to make good grades and work. Nothing else to it. Rich people were only made rich by those that came before them. Yes they have it easier but that doesn't make you more prone to failure. You do that on your own.
>>
>>38818318
Not him, but I'm the op and I am employed making well above min wage and have tons if money saved and invested. In the end it's all literally worthless. The only things that really matter are time and experiences. Spending a life collecting worthless objects is some kind of mental illness. I have been slowly getting rid of everything I don't use or need. My goal is to be down to a backpack.
>>
File: 1501624173826.jpg (46KB, 780x455px)
1501624173826.jpg
46KB, 780x455px
>>38817868
>Fascism is terrible.
Found the good goy.
>>
>>38818362
>niggers
>being ousted
I have news for you....friend.
All of your taxpayer money is being wasted on both western nigs and african nigs, that is why we don't have free healthcare.
>>
>>38818394
I bet you wear a MAGA pin too loser
>>
>>38818393
it is not literally worthless, you are subjectively removing the value because of some sort of identity crisis.
When you are down to nothing, are you going to start eating your time or are you just going to learn agriculture on public lands through trial and error?
This is not a plan it is a desperate cry for meaning
>>
>>38818400
You think free healthcare is anything more than glorified welfare? lol. There is a reason Canadians come to the U.S for anything worse than a broken bone.
>>
>>38818362
This is true in some ways. However capitalism exploits third world countries for gain. Will the boy mining materials for smartphones in africa make it if he works hard? How do you deal with the fact companies are raping the planet and polluting everything from water to soil? You're riggt about natural selection these companies have become entities who grow stronger each passing year and literally own the system that is suppose to protect us. Most of them don't even pay taxes, but will happily pay a rep to pass a bill in their favor. Working hard has nothing to do with capitalism, people are working hard everyday for nothing.
>>
>>38818447
Nah we should just give those Doctors nigfeed funds and maybe they'll give us a discount.
>>
>>38818394
so far the thread has been genuine emotion, pls do not ruin it my falseflagging friend
>>
>>38818454
I wonder what that African child would be doing if he wasn't laboring for those companies
>>
>>38818446
You are subjectively giving value to something which has no value. A private company prints your value at will and can crash it anytime they want. An apple will always be an apple and will provide sustenance. Yes I have been pondering this more and more lately, and feel like I want to change. I know life is harsh and nature is brutal. I have two options I can drop off and refuse to participate, or I can go all in and play the game and try to change it and help others for the better. And yes the majority of my time would be spent hunting and growing food if I dropped off. Would have to learn slowly, but I'm sure somewhere in this world there are people who live a much more natural lifestyle. Possibly Alaska.
>>
>>38818515
Well seeing as how they're slaves they would probably be hunting and growing food and not working themselves to death?
>>
>>38818515
work harder on your post, what are you trying to imply
i honestly have no idea
>>
>>38818541
Try killing eachother and spreading disease.

Africans aren't just some opressed group. They're victims of their own nature.

If capitalism is so harmful to those people why do their governments' allow these companies to operate on their soil? If there was so much wrongdoing why don't we see more rebelling as we do in Venezuala?
>>
>>38818532
>get toothache
>die
>>
>>38818532
you don't understand what you are talking about. You said time and experience have value, but you can't trade time for anything, you cannot pay your dues to the government in experience. The value of money is agreed upon through consensus. The fact that you presently use it to live and have your entire life and your ancestors have back generations shows that yes, money has a real value. I don't know how you could have considered this for more than a moment and not realized your freshman first toke philosophy fails when evaluated against experience.
My point about agriculture is this: you don't know what the fuck you are doing, you will starve because you are inept. The division of labor is the foundation of society. If you think you will survive Alaskan winter because you have a lot of time and experience you will die a frozen hungry fool. This isn't to insult you, you are incapable of what you want to attempt to do. You will fail because you are not living in the actual world but some delusional escapist fantasy.
>>
>>38817868
>Capitalism is fucked and killing the planet, enriching a select few while the rest of us toil in a rigged system. If you don't think it's rigged, see how stock traders operate behind the scenes.

funny how communism only ever did exactly the same.
just a bit more extreme
>>
>>38818562
((South Africa))

((50+ homicides daily))

((Post-apartheid))
>>
File: 1501732617105.jpg (71KB, 750x490px)
1501732617105.jpg
71KB, 750x490px
>>38818427
>Trump
>Fascist
Kek no. He is a Jewish controlled CivNat.
Libertards are just edgy kids who are afraid of properly digesting the redpill and becoming fully race aware.
>>
>>38817753
that guy is so much bettter looking than that girl lol what the fuck she looks like a monkey.
>>
We live in a giant eugenics lab without any rational goals defining the outcome.
>>
>>38818610
I don't need to trade time for anything, except to hunt and grow food. Why do I have to pay the gov money just for existing? Did you agree upon the value of money? Tell that to an entire generation of men in greece who are left with nothing, no employment prospects, nothing. How can you even look into the current monetary system and not see what is happening? We have central banks with negative interest rates now. Greece is just a warning of what's to come, a race to the bottom. What makes you think I would just move to Alaska by myself on a whim without being prepared whatsoever? I'm in extremely good physical shape and know how to use a gun which is a good start. I'm really interested in bowhunting and possibly finding a small community like me who wants to live in nature. Either I will never want to leave or I will want to come home.
>>
>>38817868
>How the fuck can we have starvation and horrible parching thirst for billions of people yet use the resources that could pull those people from their hell on maintaining ten-thousand nuclear weapons?

Because if we spent our money on feeding people instead of nukes, somebody else would fucking nuke us.

"Humanity" as a cohesive group does not exist.
>>
>>38818776
is knowing how to use a gun a good start?
the west broke indians' self reliance by getting them hooked on firearms, you cannot make bullets and all of a sudden they were trapped in the fur trade economy.
You can live on state lands but you cannot poach animals, if you want to hunt you'll either pay them or you'll face incarceration. That is partially where the value of money comes from.
You will have to pay them to just exist, if you want to eat their meat.

Greece is not representative of economies at large, they are corrupt layabouts who have allowed their country to disintegrate. That we can expect economies to recess does not mean everything is going to turn into greece, compare your life to your great grandparents' things cannot improve indefinitely
>>
>>38817753

original oregano part IV
>>
>>38818891
>humanity as a cohesive group does not exist
Thank you. For fucks sake anyone who cannot see this is naive as fuck. We always have, and always will be at war over something. Even if you eradicated religion and everyone had a basic income and healthcare humans would find something to kill one another over.
>>
File: 1501724672125.jpg (50KB, 225x350px)
1501724672125.jpg
50KB, 225x350px
>>38817868
No type of system will work where there are humans in control of other humans. We need robots who are unbiased and see every human as one and the same to govern. Robots do not know greed so it would work perfectly. No mass genocides. NO exploiting
>>
I love capitalism. I really hate to admit the free market is a bit of a problem since I think people should be able to do what they want within reason with what they have, but it's kind of dumb to let people decide too much for themselves.

>>38820041
I was just thinking the other day about that. The robots initially are programmed by people. They're going to be programmed how to think toward a subject, it's still going to be very biased. A robot lacks compassion most humans have, a robot has no emotions or thoughts it'd just be some arbitrary formula people would attempt to manipulate. It has a list of stuff it goes down like NOR or NAND logic it'll just run a loop if this matches this then, if it doesn't then it just goes to or if it matches this next. No matter how sophisticated AI get's it's still just going to use a very dumb logic driven script like the rich people who wrecked the economy in the first place.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.