[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did you became an introvert?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

File: C82p0oRXsAANU6X.jpg (41KB, 640x430px) Image search: [Google]
C82p0oRXsAANU6X.jpg
41KB, 640x430px
How did you became an introvert?
>>
Probably as an overeaction to negative reinforcement from peers and adults to just b-ing myself and that behavior just stuck with me.

I completely forgot about this until he told me, but I used to go on 2 hour long car trips daily with my dad as a little kid and I guess I used to talk his head off about video games and shit and one day he basically outright told me he didn't care about the stuff I was talking about and according to him from that point on I basically never tried to talk much with him again and he felt bad about it.
>>
File: maxresdefault (4).jpg (45KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (4).jpg
45KB, 1280x720px
>>38812731
Realized I like doing things by myself more than with others. I also partially blame POARN
>>
File: Moloch_the_god.gif (112KB, 319x561px) Image search: [Google]
Moloch_the_god.gif
112KB, 319x561px
Realized how Narccistic everyone around me really was, how they were only out to better their own lives and didn't really care what I/anybody else really said.

Stopped putting the effort in to even talk to people and here I am at 25 with no friends gf/bf.
>>
I've always been like this. Apparently I didn't learn to talk until quite late, and I pretty vividly remembering never speaking aloud in school until at least the 2nd grade
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-08-02-23h10m03s897.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-08-02-23h10m03s897.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>38812731
I don't think you know what an introvert is
>>
File: IMG_6633.jpg (153KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6633.jpg
153KB, 800x1200px
>>38812731
>loads of free time
>above average intelligence
>bullying to a degree
>believing that dressing like a subculture (emo) will get you friends like that
>other people having no manners and being rude/raised wrong
And now a dash of autism
>be like 10
>watching the pokemon movie
>"Mewtwo stays perfectly motionless to conserve its power/energy"
>something like that
>use that as an excuse to go into autistic shutdown while at school to protest myself
>don't talk at all
>people forget my name
>forget I'm even in the class
>even up until junior year
Senior year was the only year no one forgot about me. I'll chalk it up to me being late all the time and being "the sleepy kid". "Anon why are you so tired", "are you sick/ok?" Etc etc.
>>
>>38813310
I originally meant "to protect myself" from bullies mostly black ones DESU
>>
>>38812731
Played WoW too much and forgot how to interact with people.
>>
>>38813310
>believing that dressing like a subculture (emo) will get you friends like that
That actually does work, but you have to listen to the music too.
>>
>>38813357
Nigger I listened to metal and it was the good shit. Fucking faggots listening to pop punk and hardcore need to leave. At least, that's what they liked
>>
>>38813379
Well then you didn't do it right dummy.

>Dress up in Emo uniform
>don't listen to the music

That's like dressing up in NWA attire, going up to the black kids and being like "Salutations, fellow niggers! Have you bought the new Dragonforce album?"
>>
>>38813433
If they have bad music taste than I'm glad I didn't make friends with them in the end
>mfw no teen love
>tfw no qt3.14 fallout boy gf
>>
I lost all my friends that's how.
>>
>>38813466
Could have had it if you put up with the shitty music for a couple years.
>>
>become
I was born an introvert

Okay maybe not
But being bullied at school and becoming hyper sensitive about how i annoyed people around me.. so i just shut down. but even outside of school, i was always told by family to not be shy and to be more talkative etc. That was really odd to me though, but nevertheless i continued to think something was wrong with me. was until my 20s that i discovered well shit this is just how i am... Which of course made me a little resentful of my family, since it was the grownups telling me that

>scored INTP on two separate internet tests 10 years apart

Just in line with that, I kinda saw them all as not knowing a goddamn thing so i stopped putting much stock their musings abotu socializing
>>
>>38813498
> a couple of years
That would be a cringe nightmare. A waste of time since at the stage of growth I'd still be too beta since that's only 1 factor.
>>
File: 1497581396916.jpg (48KB, 789x702px) Image search: [Google]
1497581396916.jpg
48KB, 789x702px
being a late bloomer isolated me completely and it's stayed that way ever since
shit im 25 and people think im 16 so whats the point of going out anywhere
im just self conscious the entire time
>>
I'm an interesting case study. I feel like I was born an introvert, but I went through a period of being extremely obnoxious and outspoken. This was of course a facade. One classmate commented that I was "doing a character of myself". Very perceptive of him. Nothing pains me more than talking to people. From the eye contact to the jokes. I can be quite witty in that I sometimes have flashes of brilliance. Other times I'm the most boring person in the world. I believe that introversion is a result of a deficit in empathy. From a very young age I had little empathy. Think about it. If you had normal functioning empathy you would breeze through conversations and wouldn't be an introvert. All you introverts who blame other people are probably projecting your miserable perception of yourself onto normal human behaviour. And now we get to the bottom of the rabbit hole: self-loathing. And who is to blame? You tell me faggot.
>>
>>38813723
No your exactly like me, right down to the empathy problem.
>>
>>38813778
Do you also consider yourself a narcissist?
>>
I'm partially an introvert because my hobbies don't really require people. Actually, being around people is detrimental to my biggest hobby since I need to concentrate. There's also the matter of health. I'm not healthy enough to spend a lot of time out with people in a public setting once I spend my energy doing what I have to do. I also have trouble speaking, and it's much easier for me to type. I actually love people, but I just don't really hang out with anybody. I'd say the majority of friends I communicate to solely online. Most my friends have rarely ever been around me in person.
>>
>Told I was gifted in the 2nd grade.

That whole system is fucking bullshit how the fuck do you know how smart a kid is when he's 7 years old fuck you

>Isolated from the rest of the school into a mixed grade class
>bullied relentlessly
>oh boy off to the 7th grade can't wait to be a normie again
>small private junior high/high school
>30 kids in my entire class
>didn't talk to girls till senior year, still haven't been on a real date
>now at a small private university

I wanted to enlist in a last ditch effort to repari myself but that's not happening anymore thx to my mother fucking with my medical records to stop me. Ride's over boys, no hope left.
>>
I think it started when kids picked on me at second grade. I was very happy and full of joy but this was a new school I was moved to and I needed to defend myself from the first time from bullies. Then I was moved again to a better place and took me over a month to make the first social connections. I remained a quite person since. So in the end, it was probably school that fucks people up.
>>
>>38812731
rejection
most people i know approach me and i go along
>>
>>38813821
No, and I only score slightly above average on it. I hate narcissists so much personally.
>>
>>38812731
I don't know if I "became" an introvert, but I definitely became socially withdrawn. I think it happend in middle school.
>have a group of friends
>one day they stop being my friends because they want to be popular
>self-esteem plummets
>become even more shy and never talk to anyone
>never make any new friends
>never learned how to socialize with peers as I entered adulthood
I'm still socially retarded, can hardly look at people and completely withdraw into myself in social situations. It's like I only really exist in my mind because I never act like myself with anybody but myself. Maybe that's how a lot of people feel, I dunno.
>>
>>38812731
I'm not an introvert, I crave social interaction. I just hate myself and I'm not able to tell anyone, so I come here where nobody knows it's me. That way I can say what's on my mind without my friends going all "wow anon, why so edgy?"
>>
>>38814156
I know it's you, Jimmy.
>>
File: 1472939846310.png (521KB, 981x730px) Image search: [Google]
1472939846310.png
521KB, 981x730px
>>38812731
it was in high school.
in tenth grade, i had about 3 friends. we were all separated from each other. we all went to different classes.
i never realized how much i relied on them for confidence and pushed myself too hard in my new class.
i slowly ended up fearing my classmates, especially the girls, and after a while, i began to fear everyone in general.
i still talk to those 3 friends, but i havent been able to meet any new ones since then.
>>
>>38813899
gifted is a measure of potential not guaranteed success you angsty faggot

how old are you anyway?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.