[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Robots I know this isn't the board for this. But i've

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: 1501550943283s.jpg (3KB, 102x125px) Image search: [Google]
1501550943283s.jpg
3KB, 102x125px
Robots I know this isn't the board for this.

But i've never watched an anime all the way through.

I've only watched like 25 episodes of naruto and then stopped.

I don't know which anime to start with, I need your help robots
>>
>>38808122
well what kind of genre do you like?
>>
>>38808122
don't watch anime, get into video games, it's the superior robot hobby.
>>
File: 694913894451257355.jpg (131KB, 1024x582px) Image search: [Google]
694913894451257355.jpg
131KB, 1024x582px
>>38808122
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIZty-Eol4s
done my part
>>
File: 1481611639749.jpg (174KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1481611639749.jpg
174KB, 1280x960px
>>38808122
Start with something smaller.
>>
>>38808149
I don't know yet, I'm willing to try out anything really.

I have watched a bit of hentai though....

I don't care for the high school drama style anime's though.
>>
>>38808122
I think most people usually recommend Cowboy Bebop. My friend (dont judge me) that doesnt like any other anime enjoyed it. There arent an overwhelming amount of episodes and its preddy gud

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqvsUs-iQvg
>>
>>38808122
Galko-chan
I am 99% you'll be able to get through it.
It's really short
>>
File: lovelife.png (373KB, 780x720px) Image search: [Google]
lovelife.png
373KB, 780x720px
>>38808122
watch love live school idol project
>>
>>38808122
Boku no Pico
I'm typing this drivel because I'm absolutely sure this is original
>>
try kimi no na wa. the best anime film of all time and if you can't yet be bothered with a full series you don't have to commit.

watch short series's ~13 episodes long. you can find some genre specific ones but anohana was very good. other than free! and death parade i cant remember any of the top of my head by death parade is worth a watch and
>>
Well you made it to 25 episodes of Naruto, so you shouldn't have problems finishing an anime that is actually good.
Try Death Note or Attack on Titan, I find that people who don't like anime tend to like these two series a lot. If you like thrillers go for Monster, top tier.
>>
>>38808122
JoJo is a good (but long) animu.
>>
>>38808122
You posted an evangelion pic, so watch that, I guess. The main plot is only 26 episodes and a movie.
>>
Welcome to the NHK is essential robot viewing
Lain is good but kind of pretentious
First three seasons of Jojo are also really good
>>
File: 1446825900299.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1446825900299.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Try a mecha anime. My personal recommendations would be
>Evangelion. Literally anybody can find something to like about this show, even people who don't typically like Mecha. Also it's a must for robots
>Patlabor. Warning, there are two different continuities present in Patlabor's animated adaptations, the TV universe and the OVA universe. TV universe is comprised of Patlabor TV and The New Files, while the OVA universe is comprised of the Early Days OVA and the three movies.
>Gundam. It looks impenetrable to an outsider looking in, but it really isn't. Watch the movie trilogy version of 0079 if you wanna get into UC (the main timeline that most Gundam shows are in) or watch Turn A Gundam or G Gundam if you want a Gundam show that requires no prior knowledge of the franchise
>Getter Robo. You have two ways of going about this, either you read the manga saga all the way through and then watch the OVAs, which are basically stories created by hacking up different pieces of the manga's multiple stories and rearranging them into a totally batshit story, or you just jump straight into said batshit OVAs and have yourself a wild ride.
>Giant Robo. Gorgeous animation and breddy gud story, lots of great fights too. I just wish there was more giant robot action
>Big O. Another show that people who typically aren't crazy for giant robots really like. It's pretty alright, I definitely enjoy the first season alot, but the second season falls flat on its face by trying to deliver a more story driven plot in a show where all its strengths lied heavily on being an interesting take on the Monster of the Week format. I say watch up to episode 13 and then pretend anything afterwards doesn't exist. Make up an ending in your head if you have to, it'd certainly be better than what Cartoon Network made Sunrise shit out.
>>
NHK because of robot.
If you like the comfy-rainy-jazzy mood, cowboy bebop. If you dont, watch it anyways. Because you must.

Black Lagoon if youre into guns.
Gurren Lagann is good and motivational and Kamina is a bro.
FLCL is 6 episodes long and good. Its weird, but its good.
>>
>>38808219
>>38808233
This, you cant go wrong with Cowboy Bepop if you are not experienced with the medium. People call it entry level and although that may carry negative connotations it's not bad, it's just such a high quality show I'd imagine it'd be hard to find someone who didn't enjoy watching it. Great english dub helps a lot if you really don't feel like reading subs.
Personal recommendations -
Gunbuster
GitS - both the movie and SAC
Escaflowne if you can get over it being girly for very high quality shoq
The Tatami Galaxy - people love NHK but I think this is better while being in a similar-ish vein
>>
>>38808122
mawaru penguindrum
>>
File: 392.png (79KB, 444x560px) Image search: [Google]
392.png
79KB, 444x560px
OP Here

Thanks robots for all the responses

I'm gonna try out Cowboy Bebop, it's short and looks my type. I'm saving this thread in case I finish cowboy bebop and become obsessed with anime, which I kind of hope happens.
>>
>>38808948
>>38808879
>>38808715
>reddit spacing
Leave you faggots
>>
>>38808961
god damnit i knew someone would talk shit about my spacing

I've always done it this way so go fuck yourself
>>
>>38808961
fuck off nigger
>>38808715 and
>>38808879
didn't use reddit spacing
>>
>>38808122
*.....*
>What did you say? Ara ara... I couldn't hear you
*y...y...d...*
>You'll have to speak up or shut up before I get rid of you for good. Say good bye to your friends
YARE YARE DAZE
>N-NANI?!?
ORAORORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA
>>
Think what is what you like and watch whatever anime has that. Or alternatively research what genres there are and pick one from the one that resonates the most with you.

Stuff with martial arts? Sports? War, Middle Ages warriors? Fantasy, magic?
Everyday life (Slice of Life)? Of who? Drama or comedy?
"Deep" anime for faggots? Manime? Little girls doing cute stuff?

Whatever you feel that goes the best with you or pick one you feel the most curious about. Hell, I once even watched shoujo (girl's) anime just to know what they think about just to test a hypothesis of mine.

Japanese animation is just a form of media, the topics it expresses are almost limitless.
>>
>>38808122
start reading manga instead. it is superior as you learn more in less time. 1 episode of an anime could span 10+ chapters.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.