[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how did you guys get your first job and at what age

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

how did you guys get your first job and at what age
>>
Recommendation from a friend's mom when I was 18, worked as dishwasher at some Chinese restaurant. It was pretty awful.
>>
>>38807822
I was 13, I was a lookout for the local gangs in my city. All i did was hang out on rooftops and yell if cops or carabinieri were coming.

Thankfully i got educated and now work a legit job.
>>
My parents talked to one of the owners of one the restaurants they clean for. I got in as a dishwasher at 17.
>>
>>38807822
>19 years old
>got a text from my grampa
My first job is the easiest I'll ever get.
>>
>>38807822
Tiny maid is 2nd best waifu in black lagoon
>>
>>38807822
I think 16 or 17 it was mcdonalds
it was horrible and you have no fucking idea

>each location is competing in sales to make more money to afford better shit
>Store manager was a lady who was 64 working at mcdonalds since she was 16
>she was literally autism and insanity made into a physical form to torture
>entire place was full of the chads that hated me
>I was given the lowest job (maintaining cooked food is available and dishwashing) and I enjoyed it
>but you aren't technically allowed to stay at that position for more than 3 months because they want to keep cycling through new employees and I was supposed to be making a burger at that point
>the place was so fast that nobody would let me learn how or even try
>I got yelled at for making too much food and yelled at for making too little and nobody properly explained what was the right amount
>burned myself all the time
>I only worked 3 hours a fucking week so even if I learned something I would forget it by the time I went back
>got fired after 6 months

this continued onto an even shittier place that I only stayed for 2 weeks before quiting. I vowed never to work food again.
>>
I was 18. I got a job as an engineer by sending out my resume. My school does co-op, but we have to find whatever job on our own.
>>
first job was a grocer and i was 20 i think. i got promoted to meat dpt. like 2 months in, then i got demoted because i didn't know what i was doing, i guess?
i dunno, that was a weird situation. we only made 5$ an hour but they wanted me to do crazy ass work.
one day they told me to organize the freezer and i had no cold clothing, no gloves and boxes were just stacked 6-7 feet high, collapsing in on each other.
then one time i got in trouble because i rotated the fish on their side to create more room for more, but it turns out doing that made the condensation leak out or some shit?? i don't even know, but they weren't training me.
they would just go, "okay, you're doing this today, have fun"

those chains don't even exist anymore i don't think. Food 4 Less went completely under.
>>
I was 19, and it was at a nearby Walmart
Mainly got it because I passed off this internship thing I did the previous Fall semester as a job, and I lived up the street.
Working 8 hour shifts sucked, but the money was pretty good because I didn't have any expenses at the time.
It also made mediocre college student questioning his choice in major feel a lot better about my life choices though the counter-examples of my co-workers.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.