[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Visual Novel + RPG recommendations

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: desktop.jpg (557KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
desktop.jpg
557KB, 1600x900px
I've taken the initiative to expand my interests from solely imageboards to include visual novels and story-driven rpgs. Could you please suggest some that you have personally played and enjoyed? Some gameplay elements would be fine too. So far I've tried VA-11 Hall-A and Katawa Shoujo, loved both. I'm considering LISA and Undertale at the moment. Thank you in advance for your recommendations.
>>
>>38792009
You should try Umineko. It's a long haul but I think it's definitely worth it
>>
File: Konachan.com - 185988 sample.jpg (462KB, 1500x938px) Image search: [Google]
Konachan.com - 185988 sample.jpg
462KB, 1500x938px
>>38792009
There's no better VN than Steins;Gate imo.

If you can power through a cliche-heavy first half. Muv Luv is also unbelievably good.
>>
@38792323
Thanks for reminding me why I avoid this shithole and its nu-users mindset.
>>
>>38792341
Did you say so because the anon believes the first half is cliche?
>>
>>38792323
That was supposed to be a comma. The cliche thing is about ML, not Steins;Gate.
>>
>>38792464
Don't worry about it, anon. You're not a nu-user, you're a nubian king and will be supplied with the purest of concubines.
>>
>>38792494
>OwO
Also try Ever17 if you like mysteries.
Don't look the game up too hard, you'll spoil the massive twist.
Same can be said about ML.
>>
There's crapawa shit joe and then there's the. Clannad vn. Go for that.
>>
>>38792009
Just go to vndb's top list and pick something that looks interesting to you. I'd personally recommend stuff by Liar-soft: Forest, Inganock, Sharnoth, Ghakthun, etc. It's all pretty nice and unique.
If you liked Valhalla and want something like that with more gameplay elements then you should check out Phoenix Wright series.
>>
>>38792675
OwO.. what's this? Date A Live? I've never heard of that anime. Is it nice?
>>
>>38792711
don't the phoenix wright games drastically vary in quality from title to title?
>>
I like the tales series. Tales of Xillia 2 is my favorite game even though many dislike it.
>>
Give me some readies to read
>>
Try the zero escape series 999 is a really solid game, the third game falls flat thou.
>>
>>38794050
I am still upset that Vesperia's PS3 release never saw the light of day in North America. The visuals make me cum. Are there any games with the same art-style? The only one I can think of is Ni No Kuni and I already played it to death
>>
File: front.jpg (50KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
front.jpg
50KB, 300x300px
Lunar 1 and 2 on psx (2 is my favourite game)
Tales of destiny
First Disgaea
Fallout 1 and 2
Might and magic 6,7,8 and maybe 9 if you like kusoge
Planescape torment
morrowind
First wildarms
seiken densetsu 3
chrono trigger
From novels
cross channel was nice
>>
>>38792009
source on the wallpaper anon?
>>
File: bhbj.jpg (316KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
bhbj.jpg
316KB, 1920x1200px
>>38796728
Here you go, friend. You should play her game so it feels comfier, only a few hour investment at most. va-11 hall-a on p1ratebay, the one that says v1.2.1.3-GOG
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.