[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/uni/ general

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 340
Thread images: 66

File: warped gym floor.jpg (66KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
warped gym floor.jpg
66KB, 1024x1024px
College is starting again in a few weeks.
Are you prepared?
What are your plans for the upcoming semester?
>>
how does a floor get that warped?
>>
>>38789828
Pipes burst and the wood soaked up the water.
>>
Graduated a year ago, pondering over doing a phd right now.
>>38789828
Apparently there's major pipe leaks under the floor
>>
>>38789753
>5 science lecturers and 5 labs
What am I in for
>>
>>38789753
Already dropped out. Living my life like I've got nothing to lose because it's true.
>>
>tfw going to an ultra-chad school that will amplify my loneliness and misery tenfold
>all I'll get for this suffering is a shit-tier degree from a shit-tier school
fuck me lads. I might just kill myself.
>>
>>38789753
>College is starting again in a few weeks.
>Are you prepared?
>What are your plans for the upcoming semester?

I'm currently signed up for 5 classes but am considering dropping one
>>
Starting a master's degree. I go to class twice a week.
>>
>>38790398
>Starting a master's degree. I go to class twice a week.
what degree is this
>>
>>38789753
that looks like it'd be fun to ride a bike or skateboard on
>>
>>38790444
This is a statistics degree. I build models and apply them in order to come to conclusions.
>>
>did sub-par last two years
>gotta crack down if I wanna graduate on time
>still looking for internships
I'm feeling the stress, boyo.
>>
File: 1444959735636.jpg (210KB, 1278x2170px) Image search: [Google]
1444959735636.jpg
210KB, 1278x2170px
Well, I completely wasted my first two years. Took classes I wasn't interested in at all, and stayed in my dorm room 24/7. I don't think this year has any reason to be any different.
>>
>>38789753
I'm going to finally ask out this girl I met last year
>>
I'm going to make an attempt to transition to normanhood. I've lost 20 lbs over the past three months, am excercising regularly and trying to eat actually healthy meals. I plan to try and put myself out there by going to a few social events and joining a rock climbing group (used to do it, liked it a lot). I'm also going to try actually care about my grades. Hopefully I'll transition successfully and maybe even get a qt gf. Best of luck to everyone with their upcoming semester.
>>
File: 1494558969773.png (35KB, 632x852px) Image search: [Google]
1494558969773.png
35KB, 632x852px
Starting college and am anxipus. The thought pf being bomboarded by fresh coalburning teens astonishes me.
>>
>>38791538

have you checked her social media to see if she's single? I got burned on this bc I didn't check
>>
>>38790135
thats way over 17 credits, going by US units at least. howd you manage that?
>>
Should be a comfy semester

Physics 2
Calculus 3
Analog Circuits
>>
Just found out that the government is paying for half of my MBA tuition. Feels pretty good. Also, being an IT student worker is the best job for a robot.
>>
This new coming year we will all pass and finally get good grades amirite my lads ?
>>
>>38789753
who here /summerclasses/? its so much better
>way less people
>campus is mostly empty so you can walk around peacefully not caring about your virgin walk
>library and other faculties always empty
>bathrooms always empty so can take a shit in peace
>parking every where
>less people per class
it sucks that financial aid doesnt cover it or i would take a whole term off for summer
>>
File: chester mcbadbat.jpg (25KB, 380x294px) Image search: [Google]
chester mcbadbat.jpg
25KB, 380x294px
>internship gives you credits
>need said credits to graduate this semester, otherwise i have to wait until next year and keep paying those jews for nothing
>crazy job hunt this past month
>two likely prospects said they'd contact me this week
>no calls
if i dont get a job by friday im done for
literally
>>
>>38790398
My Master's is also twice a week but it's on Friday and Saturday. Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday is my new weekend.
>>
>>38789753
>5 years in college
>still 2 years away from graduating
I mean some of it is my fault for taking time off and the other half due to life bullshit which caused me to take a semester off but I'm starting to feel like an old fuck surrounded by 18 year old kids even though I'm only 23. At least I sort of made a friend last year and have a class with him this semester so I won't feel too alone.
>>
Dude Fuck college u fucking desk jockey, Im still trying to pursue welding
>>
>>38791773
>Skoalomance666
>>
>>38791711
I've done a January term that was basically the same, but with even fewer people and snow. It was pretty great.
>>
File: tom cruise.jpg (44KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
tom cruise.jpg
44KB, 600x400px
>ultra normie fellow engineering major buddy will hook me up with coke, bitches, and answers on tests

fucking autists kys
>>
I'm stuck in community college hell for the next 2 years
I'm either going to go into psychology or business.
>>
File: 1497490579737.jpg (40KB, 467x433px) Image search: [Google]
1497490579737.jpg
40KB, 467x433px
Just got accepted for a student teaching internship.
>>
File: megumin.jpg (76KB, 576x524px) Image search: [Google]
megumin.jpg
76KB, 576x524px
So where are you guys going?

TCC here, anyone from FSU or FAMU?
>>
File: 1498012713450.png (155KB, 808x805px) Image search: [Google]
1498012713450.png
155KB, 808x805px
>>38791768

I'm 27 and know this feel all too well.

>tfw balding and thus 95% of college aged girls will have no interest in me

At least I only have a year left.
>>
I'm starting college after a few years of working.

A "full time" schedule is 2 classes a day, 4 days a week with 1 lab. Altogether it works out to 24 hours a week and that's with hours of free time to study and get lunch. I couldn't believe it, during registration I had to ask twice to make sure that they weren't giving me scheduling me for part time. 20 hours a week actually spent in-class is full time? Four to six hour days and a three day weekend every week? Plus breaks and holidays off?!

Since when was school this easy? How does anyone complain about college when it's like this? You get to sit down in class, and you can sleep at your desk or even straight up skip days if you want to. It's not like they can fire you.

Free tuition, and enough financial aid to move out and rent an apartment with plenty left over. I'm really looking forward to this. With so much free time I can even get a part time job and have tons of spending money. I can finally be one of those shitheads that brag about how they're working AND going to school as if that's some accomplishment.

It's all downhill from here lads the good times are coming.
>>
>>38791982
We'll see if you have the same tone when you do your upper division work
>>
>>38791975
north caroIina state university
>>
>>38791982
youre in for a wild ride nigga. Whats your major?if its not STEM just Gtfo
>>
File: 1401913441817.jpg (19KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
1401913441817.jpg
19KB, 500x334px
>>38791982
The idea is that you're supposed to spend at least as much time studying as you spend physically in class. So, for your example, you would spend 48 hours a week on school.

It sounds about right to me, because if you want to actually do really well, you have to actually study that hard.

Of course, you can fuck off and not study, but you're not really in school in that case, are you? Might as well not go to class either.

I did exactly the same. At first, I thought it was sort of funny because the classes were much easier than my job was. But they get harder and harder, and then you actually have to put effort in to pass.

cu
>>
>>38792052
Maybe if I was going to MIT or Cornell or somewhere like that, but courses at state schools don't worry me at all.

>>38792147
STEM yes. I'm looking forward to it, should be a fun time. Even if it's a little challenging I enjoy that kind of thing, and the classes are meant to be passed after all.

>>38792241
I don't mind a little studying since I'm actually familiar with hard work now, but all of my first semester classes for example I've literally already taken before in high school. I'm easily looking at 2 years of top marks with minimal or no studying. Just showing up to class and reviewing before the test.

I mean even if I'm studying 20 hours a week that's easy. Self-directed, sitting, indoors, breaks whenever I want, etc and it's still only 40 hours at the end of the week. Compared to 60 hour weeks of backbreaking manual labor it's child's play.
>>
>>38791658
Yeah I'm pretty sure she is. I'm friends with her, as she was my neighbor last year. My only problem is I'm not sure if she's also into girls
>>
>>38792076
>NC State
oh christ
are you a freshman? sophomore? junior? senior? what's your major?
>>
>>38792651

You should still keep tabs on her becuase you know girls aren't single for very long (are you a girl or a guy?). And if she's not into girls, then at least you tried
>>
>>38792371
My only advice is that you get out of it what you put in. Going to school without working hard at it is a waste of time. I look for the profs that are harder -- look for dumb reviews on rateyourprofessor that say "haha duuude these tests are soooo hard, i had to study for them just to pass." Also most schools have honors programs.

All that said, some classes are just easy. If you're not getting straight As, you know exactly whose fault that is.
>>
>>38792732
I will I've been watching and so far nothing. I'm a lesbian but my school is mostly made up of men so it's very hard to get a date
>>
It'll be a fun semester at nursing school. That's for sure. Psychiatric, pediatric, and OB rotation for the next 18 weeks
>>
File: 1367288816280.jpg (30KB, 398x345px) Image search: [Google]
1367288816280.jpg
30KB, 398x345px
>>38789753
>Be 23
>Entering senior year finally, sixth year total (co-oped, changed major)
>Almost all friends that started when I did are gone, some working and making real money, some even married
>Rejoining the marching band (huge southern football school)
>Need to keep GPA above 3.0
>Afraid of not being able to make a gf out of any qt band girls
>Feel too old for this shit
>>
how do you guys ward off that feeling that you're wasting the best years of your lives
>>
>>38791583
Good luck Anon.

oreg
>>
>>38791688
>electrical engineering
>comfy past your third semester
>>
>>38791975
Auburn
>>
>>38793042
lol who am i kidding lol im about to get my shit drilled in calc 3.
>>
>>38793111
I found it not hard despite not knowing what the fuck any of it actually meant

Math classes seem to be being able to do the homework, and there's the textbook examples/Chegg for that
>>
>>38793195
I've started reviewing chapter 12 and 13 using calculus 8th edition by stewart. It doesn't seem that bad..im not sure about anything beyond. Im still a brainlet still havin somehow passed calc 2
>>
>>38792725
Why does this college keep getting brought up? I'm scared. Is this a ruse?
>>
>>38793308
It's not as hard as calc 2 but it's all very theoretical. I solved the problems without knowing what any of it meant.
>>
>>38792725
I don't want to reveal anything about my life that could possibly be connected to me being on /r9k/. I am hiding from the world the fact that I come here because I am disgusted and ashamed of it and of myself

>>38793480
what do you mean?
>>
>>38789753
I'm going to try and get a job at the college and I will join as many clubs and things as I can manage so I get out of the house and make friends. There is a fencing club, this seems pretty cool since its like /elite/ sport, and an anthropology club. The pics online had a group photo with only girls, so mayby I will get a gf.
>>
>>38793480
No clue, I don't even go there, I just know people there. My only guess is that it's because NC State is the go-to school in NC, since UNC has gotten murderously liberal and has huge diversity quotas, Duke/Elon/Wake Forest/Davidson are still really hard to get into, and the other schools aren't worth the money.
>>
>tfw you're dropping out and won't be able to relate to these threads soon
>>
>>38791896
>cheat n do come all college
>become engineer
>don't know wtf to do
>?????
>>
I'll be going soon as a freshman. Any tips? I had no friends in hs.

I am going to a small school, around 1100 people.
>>
>>38791896
why the fuck would you cheat dumbass

kill yourself
>>
>>38793914
ehhhh the problem with ending up a loser like the people on here do is that it's the easiest thing to do without going out of your comfort zone. for example I am a friendless loser who spends all day online but it's also not that bad to me anymore.

The point is, if you want to improve yourself, leave your dorm room and talk to people and make friends, get out on the weekends, be sociable. My problem was that I'm just not sociable and if you're not, you will have to get used to being a friendless recluse yourself.
>>
File: 1500588430303.jpg (109KB, 938x821px) Image search: [Google]
1500588430303.jpg
109KB, 938x821px
>>38793914
Classes may be easy at first, but don't get used to slacking off. They get significantly harder very quickly, and it's important to form good study habits. Join a club early, preferably one related to your major. Leave your comfort zone socially. Try to make friends, but don't worry about making a ton of them if you only want a few close friends. Buy textbooks used or just use an older edition, unless there's an online access code that comes with it. Sometimes, you may not even really need your textbook for early classes at all.
>>
File: depressioncore movies.jpg (847KB, 1386x1800px) Image search: [Google]
depressioncore movies.jpg
847KB, 1386x1800px
>>38794071
>>38793914
By "very quickly", I mean in later semesters, not necessarily during the classes themselves.
>>
File: time_pepe.jpg (6KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
time_pepe.jpg
6KB, 275x183px
I haven't accomplished anything this summer... I had to have surgery on an infection that almost went septic (which can kill you), so I guess I'm lucky to be alive. On the other hand, all of my friends at my top tier school are doing internships and building schools in third world countries. I wish that I could be doing something meaningful, you know?

I know that my number one priority should be getting better, and my friends, family, and doctor all tell me that repeatedly. I just hate the feeling of watching time pass me by. I've had to take a lot of Percocet because of the pain from the incision and the stitches where they lanced the site of the infection, and everything is a blur now.
>>
File: IMG_4494.jpg (48KB, 709x765px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4494.jpg
48KB, 709x765px
>>38789753
>Attend large, extremely well-known university in SoCal
>70% of the guys are Chads and 90% of the girls are roasties
>80% of all students and over 90% of profs are libcucks
I-I c-can't wait to go back g-guys
>>
File: 1500858606237.png (1MB, 943x943px) Image search: [Google]
1500858606237.png
1MB, 943x943px
>>38794418
>living in socal

you brought this on yourself
>>
Starting this year, I look like I'm in my mid 20s even though I'm only 19... Pretty confident about academics, but the idea of fitting in scares the hell out of me.
>>
>>38794441
I got a full ride to a lower-ranked uni in one of the most conservative states in the country
Did I fuck up
>>
>tfw living with 3 girls and a gay kid next year
What should I expect?
>>
>>38794469
a full ride is a good deal, especially if you dont even do anything with your degree like a robot.
other than that you'll just be spending time with retarded rednecks it sounds like. which isn't that much better than the usual PC shit.
>>
>>38794490
The 3 girls will have a competition to see which one of them you orbit first
The gay kid is in on it
>>
I got a girlfriend 3 days ago and haven't seen her since(we both work) and I'm already longing for her, when I go back to uni I'm going to be in hell. I really like this girl and it hurts to not see her
>>
>>38794527
I do not orbit. Actually I might because one of them is fat, a lot of gravity on her side.
>>
File: 1499589513245.png (762KB, 850x616px) Image search: [Google]
1499589513245.png
762KB, 850x616px
>>38794469
>living in one of the most expensive areas in the country
>living in one of the most liberal areas in the country
>paying to go to school in one of the most expensive and liberal areas in the country

i guess it depends on how much lower ranked the other school was
if it was the university of buttfuck, arkansas, it may have been a bad idea to go there, but if it was still a somewhat respectable institution, I think it would have been better to go there

>>38794527
rednecks > chads
they tend to mind their own business more, and they have simpler, more down-to-earth mentalities
also, being surrounded by them only makes it that much better when you actually find someone worth befriending
>>
>>38794523
>other than that you'll just be spending time with retarded rednecks
Fuck you cunt faced ACELA Jew, flyover isn't retarded rednecks, and even if it were they are better than you coastal cutns.
>>
>>38794593
it's true though, sorry anon, I'm not going to enable your flyover safespace here. I assume you are talking about somewhere like missouri or louisiana or some shithole. prove me wrong if I'm wrong, where are you from?
at least, here in dixie, it would be like that.
>>
>>38794642
>being a self hating flyover anon
Lol why are you a Jewslave
>>
>>38794469
If you got into the honors college, you'll be fine. I got a full ride to UGA, and their honors college dorm seemed super cozy and had a lot of very bright kids. One of my good friends from high school, who is mega smart (2300 SAT), is really enjoying the honors college there. I chose somewhere else because the median starting salaries at the school I chose were 20,000 higher, but if I was at UGA, I would be happy.

It is all about the people that you choose to surround yourself with, desu
>>
>>38794686
spare me the antisemitism goy, answer the query or I'll have you castrated when you get put in my fema camp
>>
>>38794713
Illiniois, close to Missouri, but no cigar
>>
>>38789753
Last semester means last chance I'll ever have for any meaningful human interaction. I'll fuck it up guaranteed thanks to laziness, anxieties, and introversion.
>>
>>38790350
Doesn't matter what school it is, all that really matters is what you do while you're there.
>>
>>38791731
Give them a call back anon, that helped me get my internship!
>>
>>38791975
georgia state universiry
>>
>>38789753
Prepared to a point.
Heading into either nursing or nautical science. Either way I reckon il be pretty lonely.
>>
>school is 60% female
>didn't speak to a single girl outside a class once

LOL
>>
>>38794536
What's it like to long for someone? I really can't reciprocate the feeling and it makes me feel like a huge asshole
>>
>>38794933
Not him but it's a distraction, a bummer, no good feelings come from it.
>>
>>38794933
last night I spent hours thinking about them instead of sleeping, just going over memories. today I stopped myself from texting sappy shit a dozen times, I just get an urge to say something overly nice because i want to feel loved by them
idk it's just constant worry and anxiety and some real happiness at brief moments where you communicate
>>
>>38794955
>no good feelings come from longing for your girlfriend
you're ignoring the part where you have a loving girlfriend dumbass
granted some people here, myself included, have never known that but whatever
>>
>>38790135
Depends. If they're all 100 level stuff you might pull through with lots of tears and sweat
If you're taking 25+ units of 500+ level courses though you'll get fucked
>>
>>38794992
>idk it's just constant worry and anxiety
this is not what it's supposed to be, anon
>>
>Recently graduated but took summer classes to bopst gpa I actually lowered it
Have no clue what to do but grades are too low to get into grad school.
Should I just get another degree? I do best in a school setting.
>>
Starting my first year of uni soon. I'm not extremely worried about the coursework, though I know it will still be much harder than high school.

My main goal is to join a few organizations and make a couple friends at least. I hope everyone does well this year! :-)
>>
>>38794071
>join a club early
what kind of club?
the only ones i saw were a math club, a furry club, some talent clubs, a video game club, and a shit ton of "diverse" clubs.
>>
>>38791249
You can do it bro-bot
Your time is now, you gotta believe it first, but indeed it is. No time to feel sorry for yourself
>>
>>38795074
you wouldn't post this if you were being serious right?
>>
>>38795099
forgot that this website is normie central
7 proxies
>>
>>38795135
so you really would commit suicide in a pact then?
I have a hard time believing that, even from the state of mind I knew when I was suicidal, that I would ever post so nonchalantly about forming a pact in a /uni/ on /r9k/
>>
File: 1498867397941.png (165KB, 646x520px) Image search: [Google]
1498867397941.png
165KB, 646x520px
>>38795036
preferably something related to your major, though it could just be something related to a hobby of yours for the sole purpose of having people to do stuff with and maybe making a friend or two
try looking around some more, they might have some you didn't see
>>
>>38795155
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

desu
>>
>>38794418
My guess is ucsb?
>>
>grades from last semester didnt update during entire summer
>find out during class regisration that I got a D in my philosophy class which i spent a lot of time studying for
>calculated my gpa and its now a fucking 3.33 (sophmore now)
>having doubts on my major and whether or not i can make it in the real world

fugg guys how do people college
>>
>>38795576
Google informs me that a 3.33 gpa is equivalent to 88% or a B+ average, which actually seems pretty good. 9/10 is pretty much the closest you can get to a perfect 10 without nailing straight As. One low grade is no big deal desu.

Damn you're a whiny baby.
>>
File: 1493693757058.jpg (46KB, 340x565px) Image search: [Google]
1493693757058.jpg
46KB, 340x565px
>be me in calc 2
>retaking it since about 80% of the class failed the first time around
>go into new semester with a positive attitude because I got a good professor
>explains basic concepts well, but gives piss easy examples
>midterm round 1 comes
>D- average for the class
>midterm round 2 comes
>D- average again
>put in time to work problems and understand them
>finals week and everyone in the recitation is disgruntled
>"dude there's no way the prof will let these grades fly, these midterms HAD to have been written by a different professor"
>average grade on the final was an F-
>mfw the professor makes no adjustments or addressing of the abysmally low averages throughout the term
I don't even know why I wrote that out, I had to get it off my chest.
>>
File: 1495581070923.jpg (770KB, 1920x1306px) Image search: [Google]
1495581070923.jpg
770KB, 1920x1306px
>>38795838
>teaches the basic application of concepts in class
>homework and quiz problems are simple and easy
>feel confident when the big test days roll around
>concepts are all taken to difficult logical extremes
>most complex application of concepts from class
>professor did absolutely nothing to prepare you
>>
>>38789753
Education is for normalfags, get the fuck off the board you larping cucks
>>
>>38795906
It sounds like I'm just bitching about a class where the grade is completely resultant from my own errors, but surely the fact that no one got an A on the final means something right?
>>
Starting my first year soon... I'm an incredibly anti social (and somewhat fugly) cunt but I'll just be my self right? hahahahaha hahaha hah ha
>>
File: IMG_9196.jpg (190KB, 640x1052px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9196.jpg
190KB, 640x1052px
What am I in for brobots?
>>
File: 1501455399574.jpg (482KB, 1500x884px) Image search: [Google]
1501455399574.jpg
482KB, 1500x884px
>>38789753
>fail to get a summer internship
>promise myself I'll study during summer to make up for the shit year before
>here I am a month and a bit till uni not having done shit
>>
Currently I'm transferring to a somewhat moderate sized satellite campus.

My plans are to focus on my grades and find an internship asap. I might join the Engineering Club because it's really hard making acquaintences in my experience since everyone is already pretty solidified in their existing social groups. With some luck maybe I can form a new one with people in a similar position?

>>38793195
>Math classes seem to be being able to do the homework, and there's the textbook examples/Chegg for that
Varies strongly with class. My Linear Algebra & Diff Eq classes were almost entirely test based. Not to mention the Linear Algebra guy had a hard on for True/False conceptual questions.
>>
>>38795838
Did you actually do all of the assigned practice problems? The piss easy examples are generally to help you break into the content, then you do the harder examples at home. I observed similar issues in Thermo big time.
>>
File: SOE.jpg (106KB, 577x230px) Image search: [Google]
SOE.jpg
106KB, 577x230px
>>38791975
I ended up picking the most normie school possible. Summer classes are pretty comfy right now at least.
>>
>>38791705
Yes Anon Tis finally the year we make em proud
>>
>>38791975
Moscow State University
>>
>>38791975
Hopkins senpai
>>
>>38797043
My dad went there back in Soviet times!
>>
>>38797133
>>38797043
Assuming that's not in iowa or some shit
>>
I'm 5'6'' and attending uni as a freshman, do I have any chance at hooking up with girls?
>>
File: peep.jpg (5KB, 200x192px) Image search: [Google]
peep.jpg
5KB, 200x192px
>all of these normie brainchads ITT taking REAL mathematics classes
>>
>>38797155
5'10'' is the cutoff between having the slightest chance and just like kill yourself my man
>>
>turning 27 in September
>just got my acceptance notification for local college
I'm already regretting this, because their code of conduct expressly forbids alcohol on campus or in your system, so I'm going to have to quit day drinking.
>>
File: 1426999077500.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1426999077500.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
I am in my 2nd semester. Doing really well with studies. Getting some minor attention from females. Making good friends.

All of a sudden, I am experiencing panic attacks in class. I have experienced this years ago, but never anything like it for the last 2-3 years.

I can't go to professionals as last time I did I wasted 1000s of dollars and got hooked on all sorts of meds.

I worked really hard to get to this stage and turn my life around. I am really scared.

What do?
>>
>>38789859
My sports goggles!
>>
>>38797990
Bullshit. I'm about a 6.5/10, barely 5'8 and when I was in uni as a total sperg with women I kissed and could've fucked about 10.
>>
>>38789859
That loooks like fun
>>
File: 1484333091932.png (358KB, 552x543px) Image search: [Google]
1484333091932.png
358KB, 552x543px
>resit tomorrow to determine whether I get to stay on the course
>I'm here shitposting instead of studying
>>
>>38798044
>their code of conduct expressly forbids alcohol on campus or in your system
Is that saudi arabia?
>>
>>38792076
Oh shit nibba are you green cape man??
>>
>failed 3/4 of my exams in the second semester
>tfw already uni became hard enough to require more than 2h of studying before the exams

Ive never studied for more than 5h total for a course, how can i remember the information over the course of multiple days before the exams?
>>
>>38796346
>Japanese film and culture
>Psychology of mental health
I highly doubt you're gonna end up with much from these meme courses
>>
>>38789753

>low income
>mother got married
>theyre both retired
>since shes married i only get 3900 bongs which will barely cover accommodation

looks like im not going to uni
>>
>>38799092
GO HARD OR GO HOME NIGGA

That's the only way studying can be done.
>>
>>38799131
>mum and dad are separated
>living with dad who earns good money
>mum has helped with buying household items
>still get 6900 bongs
>>
How do I meet introverts at a residential college?
>>
>>38789753
Honestly I can't wait for it to start, being a total neet over summer is only fun for the first half. Now I'm just so mind numbingly bored I can't wait to go back to uni
>>
>>38798076
You made good friends and get noticed by females?

given that the only information you've given is "panic attacks" theres not a whole lot of advice to give here
>>
>>38790350
Thats way better than the reddit-tier school i go to. It's perhaps the most depressing place I've ever been.
>>
File: 1501282766136.png (316KB, 262x422px) Image search: [Google]
1501282766136.png
316KB, 262x422px
>fuck up last 2 years from being depressed and not knowing which major I'd like to do
>finally settled and switched last year
>need to raise the fuck out of my gpa or else I won't be able to start my major classes
>take a summer course the last few months to repeat a class
>got a 100 from exam grades and adding in extra credit
>still only have one friend
>people I try to talk to that attend my uni usually commute instead of dorm and end up not talking to me anymore after two months or less
>came to the conclusion that I don't want to feel like I'm missing out on making friends this semester so I've officially given up on improving my social life
>also came to the conclusion that I need to spend twice as much time studying for classes this time anyway so I probably wouldn't have time to try and meet new people
Moral of the story is don't go to college, it fucking sucks.
>>
>In engineering
>the few girls in my classes are either taken, ugly as fuck or roastie scum
>wish I could meet more females
>friend offers to hook me up
>sperg out and nothing happens

who needs girls anyway r-right?
>>
>>38799289
this tbqh
I'd rather go to a normie school and be the weirdo rather than be surrounded by beta weaboo virgins who can't string two words together and have no realistic dreams and ambitions
>>
>>38799188

is that just the maintenance loan?
>>
>>38799322
this
most people dont realise that hanging out with a mirror image of your fat boring self is no fun until they meet such a person
>>
>>38790350

They may teach you to be chad
>>
>>38799363
Yeah

origngignglal
>>
File: 324.jpg (11KB, 250x240px) Image search: [Google]
324.jpg
11KB, 250x240px
>>38789753
>had to choose between machine learning, graphics, big data, JEE or some business shit
>had to pick 3 courses

IM GOING TO DIE
>>
>>38799441
What's JEE?
Also stay away from anything that mentions "big data", it's a meme for retarded MBA chads
>>
>>38790135
>5 labs
...why?
>>
>>38791731
My program would give you s uni job if you suckedcsnd could not find one. To many people couldn't get internship.
>>
Not even half way through summer vacation.
Life feels good rn.
>>
Make sure the degree you chose will lead to a career, lads. I spent 2 years in community college studying a meme degree, got to degree level and realised there was no job market.

I dropped out, shut in for two years and am now half way towards a real degree. Downsides are I'm fat, bald and old, upside is I'm far more driven than these kids.
>>
>>38799578
Same here. Finished exams at the start of June, starting uni again at the start of October.
>>
>>38799610
Oxbridge, senpai?
>>
>>38799627
Nope, Warwick here
>>
>>38799663
Ah. One of my choices initially, before I discovered they only offer my course for graduates.
>How does one fill the 4 month void?
>>
>>38799585
What degree did you originally choose and what degree are you going for now?
>>
>>38799687
>study
>lift
>work
>>
>>38799322
Yeah. It really drains the life out of you. I couldn't bring myself to get out of bed for nearly three semesters. Really fucked up my education. It doesnt help that this place is located in a shithole too.
>>
>>38799687
Medicine? That's the only grad exclusive course I can think of at Warwick.
>>
>>38797148
No, it's the one in Russia
>>
>>38799746
Yeh

>>38799738
I already lift and I'm remodelling the garden, plus I ain't got a shitting clue as to what I'd study. Only advice I ever got from friends and family was "go out and meet people"...
>>
File: 1492906074237.jpg (531KB, 2924x2872px) Image search: [Google]
1492906074237.jpg
531KB, 2924x2872px
>>38799878
Go to the /sci/ sticky for books
pic not related
>>
Transfering into a political science major. Gonna have that plus working part time plus a club plus an internship plus possibliy model un. I honestly don't know if I'll be able to handle it all. Fortunately it costs me very little.
>>
>>38799984
What career are you looking into with PoliSci? Law?
>>
>>38791583
Hope it works out man :)
>>
>>38799730
Graphic design and media

Social work
>>
>>38793706
Learning on the job is way easier because you can just look up or get taught what you need to know and not waste your time on things that don't apply to you. It's generally agreed that at least 75% of what you learn in engineering school won't apply to your job.
>>
>>38794418
USC?
>>
>>38800007
I don't know honestly. I kinda just want to find something in the public sector either at the state or federal or even city level. Maybe I'll be in charge of giving out neetbux.
>>
>>38796851
I mean the test is little more than homework problems, maybe with some different values
>>
>tfw at school with >30% greek participation

fuck me
>>
File: vlcsnap-error578.png (856KB, 1280x692px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-error578.png
856KB, 1280x692px
53 days to go
very very original if I say so myself
>>
>>38790135
>that class scheduling ability
Probably need to change up your classes a bit while you still have time unless you want to have a miserable semester. Did an advisor put that schedule together for you? If so he/she should be fired.
>>
>>38789753
>Are you prepared?
no
>What are your plans for the upcoming semester?
commit suicide to spare my family the shame of failing and wasting their money
(well actually to spare myself of having to live with that shame, im not considerate)

im thinking of buying a gun, but am too autistic and asocial to know how (this is eu)
>>
>>38789753
Biology I
Biology lab
Organic Chemistry I
Organic lab
Elementary statistics
American Literature
Sociology

Total of 17 credits. I'm a bit worried about taking two labs, and biology and organic are going to be heavy hitters, but the rest should be fairly ez. Opinions on this schedule?
>>
I honestly don't know what I'm doing with my life after college, and it makes me kinda just want to die.
>>
File: 1418676910431.png (14KB, 530x444px) Image search: [Google]
1418676910431.png
14KB, 530x444px
I wish I could afford going back to college.
I'm stuck with the wagecuck life for the rest of my days.
>>
>>38799289
>reddit-tier school
what did he mean by this
>>
>>38802387
id like it to be special tho
ill get a gun,
wait for a beautiful springtime evening, get some good expensive, strong red wine, ill buy especially

only thing is that i cant decide over a song to suicide with between these 2, tell me what do you think:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84I_laolbHA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VBdu1n8Y7k
>>
>>38795000
At a lot of schools the 100 level classes are tougher because they have to weed out the mouthbreathers who think they want to do "premed" but don't have the chops
>>
>>38793111
calc 3 is kinda comfy

it's mostly just calc 1, but in 3d. partial differentiation and integrating to find the volume of 3d shapes
>>
File: fit wojak3.jpg (619KB, 1959x1469px) Image search: [Google]
fit wojak3.jpg
619KB, 1959x1469px
>>38789753
Since last year I've improved myself a ton and I've started to get /fit/, so I'm actually looking forward to it. If I'm feeling extra Chad, I might even go shirtless with the rest of my section during band camp.

My new roommate sent me an email the other day, he's a stereotypical Chad but I dealt with living with a stereotypical Tyrone last semester so I don't think this will be much more difficult. Overall I'm almost worried with how prepared I feel for everything--I've gone my whole life up until now with no confidence, so having any is a strange experience.
>>
Neet here planning on going to college, W-what should I major in that will guarantee a job ? I'm also bit of a brainlet when it comes to math
>>
always took the bus to campus, but i'll be taking the driving test at 22 today. how hard is it and will anyone make fun of me?
>>
>>38802730
Nobody will make fun of you, I got my license almost as late. Just go over any notes/booklets your state puts out for driving school so you know what specifically they're looking for when you turn/park/whatever, and you should be fine.
>>
>University just opened a new building they've been building since my Freshman year
>all the classes inside are already full
Oh well
>>
File: 1500227246069.jpg (177KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1500227246069.jpg
177KB, 1280x720px
I dropped out last semester after my dad passed away and going back in a month

I have barely left my house the last few months and am anxious about getting back into school

What to do senpai?
>>
File: 1501232764121.jpg (36KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1501232764121.jpg
36KB, 1024x576px
>>38802701
if you just want a guaranteed job, it would probably be better to go into a trade. You won't put yourself in debt going to trade school, and trade skills are in demand everywhere. You can make better money than you may think doing things like welding and plumbing.
>>
File: lyceum.jpg (177KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
lyceum.jpg
177KB, 900x600px
>>38791975
hotty toddy
>>
File: UD wojak.png (580KB, 800x850px) Image search: [Google]
UD wojak.png
580KB, 800x850px
>>38791975
FUCKING Delaware, nobody else is in fucking Delaware and the one anon I met who was has probably dropped out or transferred by now
>>
>>38791982
If you're studying engineering or a hard science then you'll come to realize that you need all of that free time to study, at least if you want to get top marks. If you're a liberal arts or business (not accounting) student though then yea, you basically have a four year vacation ahead of you.
>>
>>38802919
Join Student Radio
>>
>>38802919
Well, if you have life goals that require you to go to school then go to school. People seem like they're just going through the motions of life with college sometimes though and like they don't actually have any plan or reason to go to college. You only go to college if you want to get a degree in order to get some job because working that job is the life you want to live. If you know what you want to do then you know what you need to do. If not then why the fuck would you ever waste money on a degree?
>>
I've got one class hopefully.. I might have to add another on but it would be nice to just get away with taking one
>>
File: 1497280731576.jpg (53KB, 604x574px) Image search: [Google]
1497280731576.jpg
53KB, 604x574px
>>38789753
>tfw need $400 for my books next semester
>$200 short
What do lads? I'm considering dropping out at this point
>>
Gonna study chemical engineering. Pretty nervous desu
>>
Go to private university
Couldn't finish in time because I screwed up somewhere in my 4 years
About to finish in the winter session
Got plenty of experience from engineering projects but gpa is way down in the gutter
Getting depressed looking for a entry level job because of minimum gpa requirement
Should I just kill myself?
>>
File: BED.jpg (30KB, 500x557px) Image search: [Google]
BED.jpg
30KB, 500x557px
>tfw I'm finally going to fucking graduate at 27
I can't wait! The faster school starts the better, I've just been watching anime/reading manga over the summer.
I got to move the fuck out of my parents house, & get a real job
>>
>>38803584
>tfw not going to graduate until 28
>32 if i do post grad
>>
>>38803430
Try to find some pdfs of your textbooks online unless it's required that you have textbooks. I don't think they will check every student if they have textbooks.
>>
>>38803629
Yeah, I'm actually thinking about getting a Library science degree once I graduate so I'll be 29.
I probably wont though, I'm so tired of school, I just want to finally work, make money, and live my life. I've literally wasted my prime young years
>>
>>38803430
torrent them and print off if you want

otherwise your school should have plenty of libraries where you can borrow the needed books on reserve for when you need to read them/do the homework
>>
File: 6f5.jpg (23KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
6f5.jpg
23KB, 600x600px
>>38803694
>I just want to finally work, make money, and live my life. I've literally wasted my prime young years
I know the feeling senpai
>>
>>38803584
>>38803629
>entering college at 26 years old
>will be at least 30 by the time i'm done
>into my 30s if i go for a master's

DUSTY OLD BONES
FULL OF GREEN DUST
>>
File: 1497899867835.jpg (301KB, 650x780px) Image search: [Google]
1497899867835.jpg
301KB, 650x780px
>>38803430

>buy textbooks used online or off of people who have already taken the course
>donate plasma four times, assuming you're a reasonably sized male or fat girl, to earn $200
>find PDFs of your textbooks online
>check the library for copies of the books

if all of that fails, just don't buy the ones that aren't absolutely vital to your success in the class

dineicne
>>
>>38803686
I searched and could not find any pdfs and the books are a requirement
>>38803702
How do I torrent them?
>>
>>38803755
Here in the US they don't pay for bodily fluids because it would absolutely turn into something horrific and inhumane. Like, 'ritualistic bleeding of the poor in exchange for weekly grocery money' kind of insanity.
>>
File: 1462325505880.png (357KB, 540x780px) Image search: [Google]
1462325505880.png
357KB, 540x780px
>>38789753
>implying I know what to go to college for
>implying I still retain that much knowledge from high school after 5 years of being out
>implying I didn't already drop out of a community college that I was getting a free ride to because I'm a retard
>implying I live in an area where college will make any difference to my employability unless I work in the medical field
>>
>>38803805
What is the name off the book?
>>
>>38803829
It's the general chemistry standalone book.
>>
>>38803876
This is the cover
>>
>>38803889
http://library.aceondo.net/ebooks/Chemistry/General_Chemistry_9th-Ebbing.Gammon.pdf

Its 9th edition but it should be fine
>>
>>38803951
Thanks man i'll try to use that
>>
>>38803989
No worries
Good luck with chemistry, it is fun
>>
>get paired with QT in chem lab
>she senses my awkwardness
>talks to me like im a 4 year old with down syndrome
I was told it would get easier in uni
>>
>>38803278
MY NIGGA IM IN DELAWARE!!!!
Currently at Del tech doing Computer engineering. Will be at UD next fall.
>>
>>38804108
cunt punt that insensitive bitch and tell her you wish she died in primary school
>>
Who /Purdue/ here?
>>
>>38804108
>talks to me like im a 4 year old
I fucking hate that shit, make you feel so emasculated. I'd rather a bitchy stacy than that.
>>
File: WOWjak.jpg (44KB, 569x506px) Image search: [Google]
WOWjak.jpg
44KB, 569x506px
>>38789753
>tfw signed up for advanced math, chemistry and biology
>tfw good at science but barely passed math
>tfw zero studying habits
i'll just wing it.
>>
>>38804635
>signed up for advanced math
>barely passed math
Nigga you gunna fail
>>
>>38804656
b-but if i study hard maybe i won't...
i didn't have a hard time grasping the concepts i just never did any work
>le smart but lazy
>>
>>38804635
none of those classes are wingable
>>
>>38804692
>i didn't have a hard time grasping the concepts i just never did any work
Nigga you gunna fail
>>
File: 1501558930410.jpg (72KB, 640x631px) Image search: [Google]
1501558930410.jpg
72KB, 640x631px
>tfw failing community college PreCal

Being a brainlet sucks. I guess it's time to pick a trade
>>
>>38803383
That's good insight

I'm leaning toward going back into either an accounting degree or environmental studies

I think I could find something worth doing with either of those fields of study
>>
>>38789753
Hoping that I won't have to do to many oral presentations, I hate that shit
>>
>>38804244
Best of luck to you, when you get here mention it in the uni thread! I probably won't meet up with you or anything but once you're here long enough we'll have some great things to gripe about together
>>
>>38793195
Shouldn't you actually pay for chegg?
>>
>>38803989
>>38803951
Be careful, the wrong edition is fine as far as general content (you learn the same material), but the homework problems are always switched up in the back. So if your class requires the 10th edition and you have the 9th and the professor asks you to do problems 1-10, they're going to be different. If you don't know what torrenting is, you're probably better off avoiding it because you can get your internet cut off by doing it on campus and/or get a virus on your computer.
>>
Going to live on campus in 3 weeks. What should I do for the 3 days I get there before classes start up? Do I just walk around my dorm for any open doors and just walk in and talk with people in their rooms to get to know them and potentially make friends or should I be doing something else with that extra time
>>
>>38804824
take a placement test and skip that shit or use ratemyproffessor
>>
graduated and back to neetdom
>>
File: the-periodic-table-wallpaper.png (579KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
the-periodic-table-wallpaper.png
579KB, 1920x1080px
>>38805675
figure out how to get to your classes from your dorm
it'll save you a lot of wandering around and potential tardiness when classes do start
>>
>>38790398
good luck anon hopefully i'll be in your shoes one day
>>
>>38803430
gen.lib.rus.ec will more than likely have what you need
if you want physical or can't find it there, there is abebooks - got a brand new thermo book I couldn't find on libgen at 1/4th the price(because it was printed for sale in India)
>>
>>38803430
also if it's a non-meme uni, it would have all the textbooks you need
mine had multiple rows of common textbooks and most of them didn't have a time limit, so you could hold onto them for the entire semester or year(well, if you're a cunt that is)
>>
>>38790350
Just give the chads a chance anon, they can be pretty fucking nice
>>
File: 32194819347812931.jpg (21KB, 326x326px) Image search: [Google]
32194819347812931.jpg
21KB, 326x326px
>>38804108
I guess that sounds better than being a foreigner and having people talk to you like you're retarded
>>
>>38804692
math is about working out shit yourself
you only think you """"understand"""" the concepts until you actually try shit out and realize you're lying to yourself
>>
two semesters left to graduate.
Engineering Econ & Management
Power System Operation and control
Computer Networking
Wireless Data Communication

should be an easy semester
>>
Ive been to that school, its middle school at Parkside, Jackson MI,
>>
>tfw too poor for college but too wealthy for federal aid

Should I kill myself? I'm already 26.
>>
File: 1493146297583.jpg (95KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1493146297583.jpg
95KB, 600x800px
I'm starting my junior year. Is it too late to make a friend? I have none
>>
>>38798496
by doing nothing you become nothing
>>
>>38808031
Even if you're a 30+ graduate, if you eventually get some money it's being than being poor
>>
File: hmm wojak.jpg (11KB, 236x253px) Image search: [Google]
hmm wojak.jpg
11KB, 236x253px
>inb4 I start drinking in the back of the lecture hall halfway through spring semester again
I'm a better man, new year new me, things won't get to that point again I promise...
>>
Any UCF anons? I've been here for a year now and I don't have a single friend.
help
>>
File: IMG_2323.jpg (126KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2323.jpg
126KB, 640x480px
>>38791975
Normie central
Send help please
>>
>dropped uni because no friend and boredom leading to depression
>have to give it a go again or I'm gonna get kick out
>will probably still be friendless and all
>gonna kill myself in march if I'm still depressed because fuck it I'm tired of being unhappy
>>
>>38789753
Once I review for Ochem, I'll be prepared.

I'm going to be taking genetics, Ochem, and microbiology. I'll also be working on the side during the weekends. I'm hoping that I can get into a professor's lab.

>>38790135
Several mental breakdowns. You'll be lucky if you pass them all. I did three science lectures and three labs this past semester and it was doable, but a lot of hard work. I might have been able to take on an extra class, but I feel my grades would have suffered.
>>
>>38808503
university is literally normie central dude
>>
>>38803811
yeah, they do. in amerika, you can sell plasma for $$$.
>>
>>38808473
i'm going to ucf in the spring. what are you majoring in?
>>
>>38805675
Take some time to explore the campus and figure out where your classes are.

And do socialize. It will make the year much more fun for you.
>>
>24
>bald
>starting uni in the fall as a sophomore

Kill me
>>
>>38810269
>me
ok bump
>>
>>38810269
no prob just wear a wig
>>
I plan on jerking off in every single bathroom at uni. If i manage to get into someone else's room at dorm imma cum in their bed too. Or in their shoes.
I want the newspapers to talk about the mysterious unsolicited sperm donator.
>>
File: 1501463627611.png (164KB, 404x344px) Image search: [Google]
1501463627611.png
164KB, 404x344px
>>38810269
wear a hat
if you're balding, just shave your head, it almost always looks better
>>
>>38811550

>wig

Disgusting. Best thing you can do is act confident. Women can sense a lack of confidence.
>>
File: 1483832203273.gif (958KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1483832203273.gif
958KB, 400x225px
>>38789753
Going to college as a Freshman in two weeks. Any advice from fellow robots?

Anything I should do to prepare?
>>
>>38789753
40-80 hours a week here, depends on how busy things are. I'm very close to becoming a physician but it's somewhat abusive to force us to work so much.
>>
File: 1487993412740.jpg (94KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1487993412740.jpg
94KB, 633x758px
>>38812322
Don't get your hopes up. College isn't an easy fix for robots and most of the time it makes it worse. Don't fall for the normie meme. You probably won't fit in, go to class anyways and study, don't get lazy or else it's hard to get out of that cycle and you will be wasting money and time.
>>
>>38812487
>Don't get your hopes up. College isn't an easy fix for robots and most of the time it makes it worse. Don't fall for the normie meme. You probably won't fit in, go to class anyways and study, don't get lazy or else it's hard to get out of that cycle and you will be wasting money and time.
bump
>>
File: flat,1000x1000,075,f.u4.jpg (100KB, 1000x746px) Image search: [Google]
flat,1000x1000,075,f.u4.jpg
100KB, 1000x746px
>just need to write 300 words in the next 30ish hours
>literally only need a D- on the final paper to get an A in the class
>teacher gives easy completion credit
>afterwards I can drink and smoke nonstop until the next semester starts
>STILL have anxiety panic attacks and struggle with obsessive perfectionism

MAKE IT STOP
>>
>>38812487
>went to college thinking I'd make friends
>tried with floor mates
>ended up with zero friends
such is life
>>
>>38813877
>back at home for summer vacation with a good GPA in CS at hard STEM school, trying to spend free time making projects for resume
>mom still yells at me because i dont go outside and have no social life

scolding me isnt going to magically make me attain friends mom
>>
>>38812487
this

once you get in the lazy cycle, it will fuck up your year.
>>
File: 1425891787096.jpg (624KB, 1210x1194px) Image search: [Google]
1425891787096.jpg
624KB, 1210x1194px
>>38814099
>>38812487

thising this comment
do not let yourself start to slack off
>>
>>38793914
It's a chance to reinvent yourself. Fake normiehood (yes it will be very uncomfortable at first but if you fail this crucial part, you're literally doomed for a shitty life and no job prospects).

Next, get to know your classmates and visit professors during their office hours, even if you don't need clarification on lecture topics. Make something up. Ask them what they think about /trending topic in the course they teach/.

Join groups that interest you, ask to volunteer in your STEM professors's lab, study with classmates if they have study groups.

Try to find a job that's relevant to your career. Even if it's part time during shitty hours. If your autistic and can't work and study at the same time, make sure you always have summer internships. Experience in your field is very very important if you want to get a job out of school. Don't fall for the "I took a STEM major, I'll have jobs waiting for me", this is the furthest thing from the truth.

Networking is 100000000% the most important thing for you to do while in school. I know a lot of people who only came to class then went home to study. Sure they got good grades, but it means nothing when they get their degree and have no job experience or a network. DONT TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY FOR GRANTED! You'll never ever in your life be surrounded by so many people with same interests (career wise) as you. Make connections.
>>
>>38794418
>Justifying your loser tendencies by calling your peers leftists, the people you hate the most
Sour grapes
>>
I am lost. I am majoring in the STEM meme, but might do a social science minor just for fun. Which should I pick?
>economics, which I don't think I really like, but I already took an econ course (easier to meet requirements) and it might actually be useful to learn some things
>political science, which I enjoy, but it would be completely useless and probably end up being fuck Trump and fuck white people the class
>history
Please respond. Even if I don't actually minor, I need to pick a category to meet my graduation requirements.
>>
>>38809960
Computer science
Ofhbrjdj
>>
Reminder that if you're in debt, you're an idiot. Working on my Master's in a few weeks and still have $0 in debt.
>>
>>38815451
Good for you. I'm also $0 in debt and will graduate with a BS this month. Feels great not being cucked into debt slavery.
>>
>>38814690
I agree with all this but I think a robot seeing all this advice might find it a bit daunting and do none of it. For the first year of college I think a freshman should try to focus on doing just one or two things really well. For me, I just focused on my grades and little else, and everything just kind of fell into place after that. Well, I also joined a fraternity which helped, but I didn't join any other clubs or do research or anything like that. I think it's a good idea to have small but achievable goals than to try to go 0 to 100. You'll also thank yourself for getting into good study habits your freshman year, because those habits will follow you throughout college.
>>
>>38815451
>>38815559
How? Having trouble starting
>>
>>38815015
I'm a history major. Have no clue what I'm going to do with my life when I graduate and I've certainly fucked myself there, but classes are fun, so if that counts for anything, I would recommend it
>>
>>38815015
>Economics

Minor in math, it's the master discipline for the master race.
>>
>>38815753
Community College and then transfer to an affordable state university.
>>
File: 1501097258000.jpg (1MB, 1280x1650px) Image search: [Google]
1501097258000.jpg
1MB, 1280x1650px
>>38789753

Registration's in two weeks and I still don't know how I'm gonna pay for uni fucking kill me
>>
>>38789859
It looks more like water under lino flooring, which would be more fun
>>
This time, I'm gonna join that anime club. Drinking tea and cringing at the weeaboos is still better than being alone.
>>
>>38817617
>This time, I'm gonna join that anime club. Drinking tea and cringing at the weeaboos is still better than being alone.
I've saved this thread three times and I will do it again
>>
>>38817617
How can you befriend those you look down upon?
>>
>>38817617
i wish there was an anime club at my college.

i wish there was any clubs at my college.

i fucking hate where i live
>>
>>38817329
Fuck uni. Get an apprenticeship. Learn a trade. Make more than wagecucks and have zero debt.
>>
>>38791249
>Electric piano
You'll probably survive anon
>>
>>38795032
Why didn't you just drop out of the classes? You already wasted money by taking classes post-graduation, it wouldn't have hurt to just drop out and keep your GPA as high as it was.
>>
>>38806864
>I knew a chad once
>typical son of a farmer, super tall guy
>nicest guy I've known
>has a ton of normie friends and super popular with the girls
>but still tries to make friends with the "weird lonely kid" from the latin class
>starts making friends with me too
>convinces me to start lifting weights with him at the gym
>actually praises me for doing a good job
>get fit
>invites me to parties and such
>girls start to notice me
>get a kiss from a girl at graduation party
>life is good now
>school ends
>university begins
>haven't seen chadbro ever since

pretty boring story I know, but I wish all chads were like him
>>
>>38789753
I graduated high school last summer, with stellar grades, and had gotten accepted to the best engineering uni in the neighboring EU country. Dropped out after barely a month because I couldn't bear to imagine my oneitis alone with all the niggers and arabs who were doing nothing with their lives. Worked a bit at a computer store back home,and drank and partied a lot with my old friends, trying as desperately as I could to spend time with my crush all while making it seem like I had plenty of cool stuff keeping me busy and just happened to want to see her every once in a while (in reality, she was all I could think about, but 1-year-ago-me felt like I shouldn't "creep her out"). After a while (~february), she kept pretending she didn't know, but her friends told me that she actually made fun of me when I wasn't there and slept with multiple Chads at once. That drove me into depression, drinking, and posting here, a time during which my parents forced me to apply to that same school again, even though I had pretty much accepted I was a failure by then. Against all odds, the school told me I was (re)admitted a month ago. I feel like I have a second chance now, although according to people who go to that college, the campus is in the middle of nowhere, and only the rich Car-owning finance-majoring Chads have access to girls and parties. I hadn't taken this into account the first time, because I couldn't imagine myself wanting to touch or even talk to any other girl than my HS crush. Seems like my obsession for her will still keep fucking me over after all.

(also, can't drop out this time, because parents
won't let me come live with them, and going to other unis is out of the question, because they only start re-accepting in spring, and no non-meme school would let two years of being a neet slide).
>>
>>38789753
Dropped out of computer science a year ago because I did not enjoy it at all, I am going to study physics now, Wish me luck
>>
File: wojak sip.gif (9KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
wojak sip.gif
9KB, 645x773px
Are any of you in your uni's marching band? I feel like I'm the only one here who bears the feels related to it.
>>
>tfw half way through third year and don't have any friends yet
it'll get better right?
>>
>>38800625
what is that screencap from?

originerinolino
>>
Can't fucking wait.
>At school for accounting
>Live off campus about an hour away so comfy drive in through back roads with my coffee and podcast
>Classes are fairly simple, just basic arithmetic, a lot of homework though
>Comfy nights in library where only me aND a few friends are the last ones there (classes are fairly late sometimes)
>The feeling of walking out of the college at night in winter is my favorite thing.
I love every moment, even if I'm not a Chad. I have my little group from accounting and a comfy college. Life is good.
>>
File: 9lnp.jpg (206KB, 652x960px) Image search: [Google]
9lnp.jpg
206KB, 652x960px
>>38798496
>>38808109
I passed! incase anyone cares

looks like I'm stuck in this hellhole for at least another year
>>
bump number 4
>>
Would anyone mind having a chaturbate camboy as a housemate?

I don't make a lot of noise, so you'd probably never know I do it. But if you found out would it bother you knowing you're living with a pseudo-stripper ? I make pretty good money from it.
>>
>>38823155
>Would anyone mind having a chaturbate camboy as a housemate?
>I don't make a lot of noise, so you'd probably never know I do it. But if you found out would it bother you knowing you're living with a pseudo-stripper ? I make pretty good money from it.
anon you almost definitely posted this in the wrong thread

that being said pls be my housemate
>>
>>38823188
I meant to post it here, I'm living with friends in a house next year at uni and was wondering if people would be uncomfortable living with a boy that does naughty things on cam for money.

If you wanted to watch my shows you could, even if we lived together, I'm pretty comfortable with it
>>
>>38823252
I don't see why they would care as long as your door is shut and you're not making a ton of noise at 3am. When you're house sharing the bedroom is your fortress of solitude, you don't ask anyone what goes on in their bedroom and you don't tell anyone what goes on in yours.
>>
>>38823383
Yeah that's what I think too, thanks anon
>>
Based brainlet sociology major here. No matter that I started to be resistant to math or science assignments and homework early in school. I would complain with the classic argument that "I will not use this in my life", which is really true now that I go to college. I began to interest myself in studies such as anthropology and sociology in secondary school as a way to study human behavior rather than as a scientific study of, for example, biological anthropology. I liked math briefly in high school for the first year before entering into music and philosophy. I had an algebra teacher who made it very logical, using more problem solving than memorizing. Once I became interested in non-stem issues my effort to excel in stem classes deteriorated. I did not like that there always had to be a "right" answer. I wanted to discuss and ask myself questions, and discover new ideas on my own without reading them in a book.
>>
>>38823252
>If you wanted to watch my shows you could, even if we lived together, I'm pretty comfortable with it
post yes
>>
>>38823458
I've never understood why people use "I'll never use this" as an excuse for not liking maths or science.

I've never used knowledge of literature, history, geography, French, music, art, drama or any other subjects I had to take when I was younger.

Subjects aren't meant to teach you everyday knowledge, they provide a basis for you if you choose to take them further in life. Maths and science were useful for me, but not for a friend that did theatre studies. Drama was useless for me but not for him.
>>
>>38823458
>I did not like that there always had to be a "right" answer
That sounds like a fancy way of saying "I'm stupid and can't solve problems"
>>
>>38789753
I wanna get laid and take a modern algebra class
>>
how do you robots deal with interviews?

i had a coding interview and i think i would have preferred physical torture. my brain went blank and i could barely think or talk, let alone answer the technical questions they were asking. this went on for a good 30 minutes, and i have no doubt im the most embarrassing candidate theyve ever interviewed.

now i feel like i have ptsd whenever i try to apply for jobs, knowing that ill have to go through that process again and again until i manage to not fuck up
>>
>>38823458

The humanities tend to attract inherently worthless people because the subjects are much easier and more open to interpretation, whereas in science the rigor and hard work cannot be escaped. I remember back in high school that the best science students were also the best at humanities, thus rendering those who specialized exclusively in humanities as worthless. They had the most vocabulary and the most extensive cultural knowledge, the best analytical skills and the best taste. There are way too many mediocre students in the humanities who end up never creating anything of value. That's why humanities in college and those who study them are a joke, and thats just overlooking the cancerous cultural Marxism they are responsible for.
>>
>>38823745
>the best science students were also the best at humanities
I remember this too, nice observation
>>
>>38821614
>friends

go fuck yourself normalfag
>>
File: 1485313555021.png (1MB, 1600x1435px) Image search: [Google]
1485313555021.png
1MB, 1600x1435px
I'm going to take winter-spring classes at a community college so I can transfer later.
For now I'm a failed normie working at a makeup store, pretending to be happy to talk to the wealthy Stacey hordes that come prancing in.
>>
>>38823847
fuck off roastie
jump off a bridge
>>
>>38823458
Some subjects such as sociology are intellectually worthless and/or bullshit factories. Basically, nothing of cultural or practical value is produced. Sadly, sociology, philosophy and the like often fall victim to sterile debates of this sort (are humans animals? What is art?) and become politicized to further an agenda. The intellectual purity of mathematics and physics cannot be surpassed.
>>
>starting senior year of college in less than three weeks
>still a kissless virgin
>haven't made a single friend in the three years I've been here
t-this is my year, right guys?
>>
>>38823867
Not quite sure how that was original.
>>
>starting my Junior year at Uni
>remember that it'll be the Fall Semester so I have to look forward to the bitter cold and shorter days because I'm a commuter
>>
File: yuria_by_hello_hochee-d85z7ls.png (402KB, 850x814px) Image search: [Google]
yuria_by_hello_hochee-d85z7ls.png
402KB, 850x814px
>>38823807
>>friends
That struck too close to home didn't it?
Sorry snowflake.
>>
>>38823745
Yeah, no doubt. I know my role, hence I am the based brainlet.
>>
>>38823922
same as you but entering junior year. i'll be living with my parents and commuting to school this year since my college doesnt allow juniors to stay in the dorms. they have apartments but you need a group of people and I know nobody. oh well
>>
>Are you prepared?

6 months of being forced to be surrounded by normies smarter than me? Hell no.

>tfw i'm starting this monday

It's my tradition to coming to /r9k/ every time i'm about to be face to face with normies of my age. It reminds me that i'm not alone, and that there are people who suffers more than me.
>>
Freshman year of college, never even slept over at someone's house
>>
How much would a math major fuck up my life?
>>
>>38823252
For christsakes, please don't do shows while he's home or at the very least make up some excuse for why you're in your room so long and lock the door. Don't make too much noise, cover all your bases so you don't put that guy through shit as he realizes his roommate is a gay camwhore.
>>
>>38826932
>while he's home
Do you have a specific person in mind or something?
>why you're in your room so long
Working, eating, internet, games, why would I need an excuse? Also I don't cam for hours on end. My shows last 2 hours at most.
>lock the door
Duh
>Don't make too much noise
DUH
>gay
Bi, plenty of women watch me too

Also I'm living with girls next year plus one gay guy.
>>
File: 1501722139573.jpg (229KB, 627x720px) Image search: [Google]
1501722139573.jpg
229KB, 627x720px
Anyone know of any sites where one can find textbook PDFs?
>>
I'll be teaching a class this coming semester.

I'm slightly worried that I'm just going to spaghetti all over the place during the first couple of lectures.
>>
>>38827036
How much are you making anon?
Post the link
>>
>>38825838

I lived it, aaaaand had a few regrets after graduating. But I'm working in data analysis making 80k a year at 24, so life could be worse
>>
>>38828232
If I'm camming regularly I make 20 pounds per hour on average. Sometimes I make nothing, sometimes a big fan tips me 100 pounds in the space of an hour.
>>
>>38789753
how many mathfags on r9k?
>>
>>38828287
>If I'm camming regularly I make 20 pounds per hour on average. Sometimes I make nothing, sometimes a big fan tips me 100 pounds in the space of an hour.
POST LINK
>>
>>38828313
No, I'm not here to promote myself
>>
>>38828347
there are literally no downsides to letting us see you camwhore

at the very worst you nothing happens
at the best you get more business

you aren't promoting yourself, I am asking you to do it
Thread posts: 340
Thread images: 66

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.