[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Writing Some Novels

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: wpoozEQ.jpg (290KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
wpoozEQ.jpg
290KB, 1680x1050px
Okay, so I plan to write a series of firm-hard science fiction novels. Each book will be 120-180k words each (Average of Harry Potter books length).

I have 3 choices for the general theme of the books.

My friends online and off cannot decide what I should write, or what would be most interesting to read. So I am letting you all do that for me.

The book will be based in the near future in the same since Star Trek is, with very very much world building.

Help me out, I will even give out updates, and copies of the book out for free in PDF form. Because I am all for open distribution.

---

>Aliens are frequent, but every time we find them they are dying or dead after being threatened by some kind of omnipresent outside force.

>Aliens are infrequent, any aliens we do find, or civilizations that did emerge have been long dead, and we don't know why.

>We cannot seem to find signs of alien life in the universe. The books would be about the psychology and philosophy about being alone in the universe.

>Also sci-fi wallpapers I guess.
>>
What even is /lit/?
>>
>>38783529
I thought /lit/ was for already published works.
>>
post your stories here, writerbot. /lit/ is for pretentious turbofaggots
>>
>>38783718
I also thought /lit/ was for pretentious turbofaggots.
>>
number one and number two are the good ones
>>
>>38783988
Is it only because there are aliens?

People like aliens.

Which would you prefer?
>>
>>38783592

No, lits for faggots with poor taste to harp on about why their poor taste is superior.

I'm also writing a novel OP, though I aim at 100k words, and it's going to be about the paranormal, secret societies, government cover ups and various artefacts.
>>
>>38783515
I'm just going to be honest with you, all of those ideas have been done before, and were probably done better than anything an amateur writer could do. You should write what you are passionate about though. Personally, after reading so much sci-fi, I really need a new and interesting idea to get me to read something
>>
>>38784001
number 3 isnt interesting because its a reality we face in real life and no one really gives a shit
it would be better if it were that there were aliens and they all just happened to disappear, but thats similar to number two
also, one and two have aliens so its better
>>
File: 1496764024008.png (183KB, 415x293px) Image search: [Google]
1496764024008.png
183KB, 415x293px
>>38784070
link me some books like these plux
>>
>>38784036
>I'm also writing a novel OP

Unrelated somewhat, but your post reminded me of it. Have you ever read Jennifer Government? (that one book plastered all over nationstates)

>>38784070
Yeah, I mean sure, maybe. Everything is just a rehash anyway. I am confident I can do it justice.

>>38784074
I thought the emptiness might be a good concept, but there are a lot of human only universes (Firefly, Riddick (kinda)).
>>
What about

>Aliens are frequent, but any aliens we do find are extremely simple lifeforms inhabiting a planet that clearly had some form of civilization in the distant past. No clues about whenether they left, destroyed themselves, or were destroyed by others.

>The books would be about the psychology and philosophy of what it means to be an intelligent lifeform in the universe.

>The most intelligent lifeforms were freed from the physical realm by "god" millions of years ago
>Humanity did not pass the requirements and is now "alone" in the universe with other less-intelligent beings

Ok that's my dumb suggestion.
>>
>>38784177
Dumb no, it is like, a combination of all three.

Interestingly enough nobody suggested it.

As for the spoiler, I wanted to retain as much diversity of religion in space as there is earth.

I am okay with writing about some being like that, but just the two suggestions before that were nice.
>>
Anyone want some cool tripcodes?
>>
>>38783515
None of this sounds interesting, especially paired with pseudoscientific wankery (hard science fiction)
A good piece of literature is based on two things, characters and prose. If you can't deliver in these departments you might as well not bother.
>>
>>38784642
lol
>characters and prose
but he hasnt told us about the characters or the story yet
>>
>>38783515
>Aliens are infrequent, any aliens we do find, or civilizations that did emerge have been long dead, and we don't know why.

This one is the best one, but it might seem like you're ripping off Prometheus.
>>
>>38784642
see
>>38784750

>>38784794
Long dead will not be 1000 years, it will be more like 10 million years, where only archaeological evidence exists.
>>
>>38784036
Looks like somebody got bullied on /lit/, lel
>>
>>38785115
Find my post on lit.

https://archived.moe/lit/
>>
The way you construct all good skiffy is premise->implications

A fire upon the deep is fucking gross as heck because it bases itself on such an insane premise but extrapolates outward in such specific avenues as allowed by the plot.

The whole culture series is based on a limited premise carried out to the limits of imagination.

So ask yourself some interesting What Ifs and pick one you like.

What if Tesla was right and the brain is just a receiver for a background intelligence field.
>>
>>38785225
This post was very hard to follow.
>>
File: 1466633795403.jpg (45KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
1466633795403.jpg
45KB, 540x960px
just for reference, are there any stories about homeless people who never leave the subways? i wanna write a book about THAT
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.