[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lacan conceives the difference between the two deaths as the

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

Lacan conceives the difference between the two deaths as the difference being real (biological) death and its symbolization, the settling of accounts the accomplishment of symbolic destiny (deathbed confession in Catholicism, for example). This gap can be filled in various ways; it can contain either sublime beauty or fearsome monsters: in Antigone's case, her symbolic death, her exclusion from the symbolic community of the city, precedes her actual death and imbues her character with sublime beauty, whereas the ghost of Hamlet's father represents the opposite case, - actual death unaccompanied by symbolic death, without a settling of accounts - which is why he returns as a frightful apparition until his debt has been repaid. This place between the two deaths, a place of sublime beauty as well as terrifying monsters, is the site of das Ding, of the real-traumatic Kernel in the midst of symbolic order.
>>
My graduate advisor looked a lot like zizek and I sat through an uncomfortably high number of meetings where he was sloppily eating gyros.
>>
>>38783624
Why would someone sloppily eating a gyro make you uncomfortable? Sounds like you have the problem unless he was tonguing it or something.
>>
>>38783624
(((University))) (((professor))) sloppily eating (((Gyros)))
>>
>>38784213
I agree with other anon, watching someone eating can be kind of gross unless you're eating yourself. Also, lipsmacking, loud slurpers, and open mouth chewers are disgusting no matter wha
>>
>>38783505
So I guess what your trying to say OP is that many of us here are somewhere in between symbolic death and real death?
>>
>>38784213
It seemed like all his meals were gyro-themed. Remember that Hardee's/Carl's Jr gyro burger? He ate those too. Also it's just kind of gross when you're a slovenly looking dude with tzatziki sauce globules floating in your nebulous beard.
>>
>>38784253
>Also, lipsmacking, loud slurpers, and open mouth chewers are disgusting no matter wha

This is literally any Asian restaurant where actual Asians eat.
>>
>>38784316
>Remember that Hardee's/Carl's Jr gyro burger?

No. I dont frequent that chain.

What did you study in grad school? What are you doing now?

Freaking everyone has a master's these days, but I went to shitty school for undergrad, and had no motivation to continue my studies despite graduating with honors. I also felt I should have some meaningful real world work experience before continuing with my education, but I haven't been able to find anything other than menial work since graduating.
>>
>>38784402
I didn't either, but I knew of it through his meals. My masters was in political science, undergrad was journalism. I work in public relations.
>>
>>38783505
This is actually an insightful account of how death is used in literature, cool.
>>
File: KKPMAps.png (406KB, 914x898px) Image search: [Google]
KKPMAps.png
406KB, 914x898px
>tfw zizek will never come to 4chan
>>
>>38784572
I majored in political science too.

How did you get the PR job? Does it pay well?

Where did you go to school for undergrad?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.