[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ask a perfectly German speaking dude anything

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 10

File: 1500726890701.jpg (185KB, 800x850px) Image search: [Google]
1500726890701.jpg
185KB, 800x850px
Want to know something about german or their culture? Just ask ITT
(English or german accpeted)
>>
How would you rate Thomas Mann?
>>
How do you expect the German economy to develop in the near future?
>>
>>38782919
On a similar note, how do you expect the german culture to change in the coming times?
>>
>>38782858
Which Thomas Mann especially?
>>38782919
Well... Their economy isnt in danger actually... At least in the near future... We'll have to wait how Europe changes as a whole.
>>38782964
Their culture? It will be a mix of todays leftis ideology and muslim influences. I guess it will be like swiss or belgium with their different cultures at first until the lefties will see how their muslim counterpart flourishes.
>>
>>38782808
Komst du aus Deutschland oder hast du nur die sprache gelernt?
>>
>>38783338
Bin naehe Dortmund geboren und aufgewachsen.
>>
>>38783377
Kek. Gruesse aus der Innenstadt.
>>
>>38783377
Wo lebst du jetzt? Magst du dein Land?
>>
>>38783439
Gruesse zurueck!
>>38783449
Lebe jetzt wieder in Deutschland.
Vorher Jahre in Amerika, auch wenn mein Englisch immer noch nicht perfekt ist.
Finde es in Deutschland immer noch besser, auch wenn mich die heutige Politik doch oefter aggressiv macht.
>>
File: umarucrying.gif (2MB, 498x296px) Image search: [Google]
umarucrying.gif
2MB, 498x296px
how bullied am i going to be in germany for having a retarded accent?

hilfe. warum seid ihr alle so gemein?
>>
Comment on the migrant situation in Germany, please.
>>
>>38783657
it's non-existent

a lot of muslims are waking up to the jihadi problem and isolate their extremist brethern
>>
What's your favourite kebab
>>
>>38783683
Ah, that must be why there's a terror attack in Germany every week.
>>
>>38782808
Is Germany really a muslim infested shithole, or is everything just blown completely out of proportion by /pol
>>
>>38783723
point acknowledged but it doesn't take much people to do a terror attack.

See Elliot Rodger.

Literally 0.01% of the German population can sustain terror.
>>
>>38782808
what is normal food? wursts and pretzels and beer and spaetzel?
>>
>>38783651
There will be chuckles when you have a group of friends.. but thats normal.. If they are true friends youll hear words like "asshole" or "son of a bitch" regularly.. IF they are real friends.. If they are strangers: Stick to ebglish mist of the time and use german words inbetween like "Wo" and names of streets or buildings... germans mostly will speak english eith foreigners.. If you are in college there at least TRY to speak german with class mates.. Germans epreciate that :)
>>38783723
Well.. Germs didbt have a terrorist attackin months as far as i know... But still: The world isnt black or white, am i right?
>>
>>38783836
Mostly potatoes and schnitzel, fries and bratwurst with currysauce, beer is acceptable if you dont overdo it, and other fastfood stuff like pizza and stuff...
>>
>>38783836
Oh, spaghetti and such too... Just imagine every "worlds famous dish" of other EU countries and you have "standard dishes" in germany... Germany stole many dishes of other countries nearby actually... In some parts in Germany you will have many dishes with tatoes tho
>>
>>38784007
does anyone actually eat sauerkraut then? very common in this part of America
>>
>>38782858
I've been reading some Thomas Mann and it's honestly very stuck up aristocratic writing, but I dig some of the more depressing themes. Also the book I have is super old and bound very well.
>>
Ich lebe in Bielefeld fur zwei Monaten, was denkst du uber Bielefeld?

Ich weiss die Idee das Bielefeld ist nicht eine Warh Stadt.

Es tut mir leid, meine Deutsch ist sehr schlect
>>
>>38782808
This thread would do much better on /pol/.
>>
>>38784201
if you want a cringing amount of truly shit posts and dated memes, then yes it would do much better
>>
>>38784101
Depents actually... many dudes and dudettes in their early yrs are more of the "fastfood yey" guys... i found it especially in the west or north to be the case... east and south are more of the traditional fraction imo
>>
how do you feel about Kaliningrad
>>
Sry; yall have to wait for so long... am online with my phone and have to stray to find some open hotspots here...
>>
File: download (3).jpg (363KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
363KB, 900x600px
do you have the reuben or is this entirely American?
>>
>>38783540
>mein Englisch immer noch nicht perfekt ist.
Niemand ist perfekt, mein Deutsch ist sheisse
>>
>>38782808
Google tells me Germany's age of consent is 14. How are relationships between a 14 year old and a mid 20s guy going to be viewed?
>>
>>38784192
War noch nie in Bielefeld ausser am Bahnhof.
Insgesamt, wie ich es gehoert habe, scheint Bielefeld ganz OK zu sein. (in German to challenge your German :P)
>>38784256
Make Kaliningrad Koenigsberg again!
>>38784323
Never saw something like this in Germany(at least in the parts where I lived) actually.
>>38784389
Scheisse*
Only that was "shit" :P
>>
File: thomas-mann-9397555-1-402.jpg (209KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
thomas-mann-9397555-1-402.jpg
209KB, 1200x1200px
>>38783117
Not him, but the only Thomas Mann that matters.
>>
>>38784507
That's quite a difficult answer.
Yes, the age of consent is 14...
The law says that you can date a 17 yr old - no one would bat an eye.
You are 14 and are dating an 18yr-old+ its illegal by law.
Are you under 14 (for example 10) and are dating another 10yr old? By law its still acceptable - if both are the same age.

Back to the under18 and over18 couple:
By law; it IS illegal, yeh. The reality is: If your parents or the parents of the other party dont interfere in your relationship - its all good.
But culturally youre frowned upon in most cases. The plus-side is: Almost noone would go to court because of that(if its a healthy relationship)
>>
>>38784695
Did you date one? Did anyone you know date a 14yo old?
>>
>>38784158
Forgot about you; sorry.
Never read something from him actually.
Nor is it lecture you would have in german school.
>>
>>38784731
If you want to read some of his short stories, I would suggest
>The Fight Between Jappe and Do Escobar
>The Wardrobe
>Little Lizzy
>>
File: 1501225525601.jpg (100KB, 620x1019px) Image search: [Google]
1501225525601.jpg
100KB, 620x1019px
Do you guys still regard Goethe as the literary GOAT? Do you read any of his stuff as part of your schooling? What about Kant?
>>
>>38784723
Well, i had a friend who was 17 by the time (female) who had a bf who was almost 29(and her first bf).
Everyone said it was awkward and almost everyone said it wasnt natural...
But still: Noone would go to court because of that. You know why? Because it was still somewhat healthy; yeh, he brought her to some lightweight drugs but the relationship itself was and is still how you would depict it as a normal person)
>>
>>38784823
Thank you. I'll look into it when i have time :)
>>38784853
Goethe or Kant are more likely to be read in University actually.
I never went to uni myself.
Went to my apprenticeship after "normal school" (Realschule) immediatly and worked as an Electrician for years.
>>
>>38784695
I'm just going by what Google said, and it said AoC was 14. The 17 deal is the same in america, I was just wondering if I could rob the cradle in Germany or not. Does it vary from province to province in regards to the laws?
>>
>>38784920
Dont actually know if the law differenciates between the provinces but how i described it its culturally the same.
>>
>>38782808
How taboo is nazism? Did you joke about it with school mates?

I know there are more laws against it and you can even get arrested. But is there an opinion (mostly unspoken) about it?

In italy for example we talk shit of immigrants when in close circle but it's taboo in public situations.
>>
File: 1469502162084.gif (427KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1469502162084.gif
427KB, 400x400px
>>38784913
What's the thing you're most proud about your country or culture?
>inb4 meme answer like "holocaust"
Can you tell me a little about the different regions of Germany? Like, do people from Bavaria hate people from Hamburg? What do you think about them?
>>
>>38782808

Ok i know this is hard to believe, but just put a little faith in this post.

I am a black liberal Muslim living in the U.S. I just finished college and currently working earning a little under 100k.

How likely can i get a German wifu if i learn German and stay in Germany for a bit?

This is a real post, not a troll one.
>>
>>38785007
Openly its frowned upon.
Secretly with friends or family members its another story.
"Why were there 11 holes in the showerheads in Auschwitz? Because those filthy jews only had 10 fingers." :)
>>
>>38785004
Well that's a shame. Guess I'd be better off trying my luck in Finland or Sweden in that case. Thanks for the answeres my neger.
>>
>>38784913
You've never read Goethe in school? We read most of the romantics in school
t. Austrian
>>
>>38785019
Well... I'm mostly proud about the neutrality. I know. Todays generation and political elites only care about leftie visions... The "political middle" germans (like i call them) are really neutral about almost everything. The sad thing is, the left part is getting extremer day by day, where even the middle is getting pushed in the "Your grandfather gassed 6gorillion juice and if you question it you are the same" side.

TL:DR: Im proud of the neutrality of our culture.
---
Yeah, there are differences betweend the west and the east especially... which still comes from the Berlin Wall in the past.
There are other sides like "Bavaria isnt part of Germany" but these are just jokes in the german population :)
>>38785047
Well... Its hard to say... i dont have much info about you.
If you atleast want to integrate in german society, want to learn atleast the basics of german and respect other ppl(jokes here and there about racist views or jokes about your own kind are welcome especially) noone would bat an eye.
Im serious.
Most ppl would look at you strange in some parts especially little villages but if they know you and youre a good guy, its all good.
>>
>>38785250

I cant believe this is nor original/
>>
Another question about old shit, What are your opinions about the destruction of the Tannenberg Memorial
>>
File: n5.png (224KB, 604x471px) Image search: [Google]
n5.png
224KB, 604x471px
>>38785250
Thanks for the answer m8. Very interesting to read about.
>>
>>38785101
Nicht wirklich.
Was wir dafuer lesen mussten(zumindest in meiner Schule und in der Schule von Freunden), waren Buecher ueber den Holocaust, den zweiten Weltkrieg, die Zeit bevor Hitler an die Macht kam und in der 5. Klasse Deutsch das Buch "Als Hitler das Rosa Kaninchen stahl" lesen muessen(kein Scherz)
Ich habe von der 5. Klasse an in Religion, Ethik, Politik und Geschichte diese Jahre ununterbrochen beigebracht bekommen. Erst nach der Schulzeit hab ich erstmal gemerkt wie an meiner Schule diese Propaganda funktionierte.
Wenigstens haette ich in Geschichte mal etwas ueber die Germanischen Voelker gelesen, wie sie sich zusammen schlossen um Deutschland zusammen zu gruenden oder dergleichen.
Habe ich mir erst nach meiner 10. Klasse angelesen.
>>
>>38785412
Wie irre. Das mit der ewigen Erbschuld ist zum Glueck eher was fuer euch Deutsche, ja.
>>
Where is the line between being having German characteristics and mannerisms, and aspergurs?

In the sense that things should be done in a certain way etc.
>>
>>38785469
Natuerlich habe ich auch durch das Internet andere Deutsche kennengelernt, die das zumindest zum Teil widerlegen konnten. Die haben zwar auch mehrfach darueber lesen muessen, haben aber auch vorallem in Geschichte wirklich auch mehr als den Holocaust durchgenommen.
Also zum Teil stimmt die "ewige Erbschuld" schon. Man erinnere sich an den "Gysi" der deutschen "Linke"-Partei, der darauf pochte, dass wir die Fluechtlinge allein schon wegen unserer Vergangenheit aufnehmen muesse.
>>
>>38785568
Solche Menschen gibt's bei uns leider auch. Fluechtlinge sind ja meinetwegen nochmal ein anderes Thema, kann man diskutieren, aber "Opa war in der SS darum muessen wir ne Million Afghanen aufnehmen" finde ich etwas bescheuert.
>>
Was denkt ihr uber Polen?
>>
>>38785389
Seriously?
I heard of that for the first time actually.
Thank you for giving me more historic insights about my own freaking country.

Like i said here: >>38785412
In my part of Germany where i grew up i only learned about the the Holocaust, the WW2 itself and the time how Hitler came to power...
>>
>>38784323
>reuben
What the fuck is that?
>>
>>38785509
Dont talk to everyone on the street; dont nod or grin to everyone on the street; you can do smalltalk with cashiers or something like that; dont insult anyone for doing something wrong for the first time...
If you are following these little steps then everything is fine... If you want to learn some german in germany and dont know how to get to somewhere: Just ask in english... BUT you can get +-points if you try to speak german... No one would be mad to talk with you in english, but it shows somewhat respect to the german ppl when you ATLEAST TRY to speak german (doesnt matter if its only a few german words like "Wo"(where) or "Blahblah-street"
>>38785636
There are sayings about polish like your ppl stealing our cars or robbing our homes etc... But actually its more of a joke nowadays... Just counter it with german prejudices... most ppl will laugh about themself too)
>>
>>38785777
Nothing to do with the war I'm guessing. Or refugees
>>
>>38782808
French anon here. Thinking of going to Germany for a medium-end job, I hear they hire a lot. 1) How much German would I need to live in a big city? 2) What kind of jobs are available? Incase you're wondering where I got the idea, it's our media. There's nearly 1 report per week saying how some french dude found a job in Germany
>>
>>38785833

I guess you are >>38785509 ?

No. It's just German culture.
I think you'd be uncomfortable the first time also.
Germans walking through the streets by themselves but still looking strangers straight in the eyes. What i learned in my few years in 'murica was that i mustnt do that. Was hard to change actually. First day back in Germany was some kind of relief. :D
---
>>38785836
Yep. There quite a few medium-end jobs in Germany. But you know what? They dont hire at least the minimum. Companies want ppl to applicate for that and that job for that and that minmum... But srsly? Their own minimum is too low, even when they state said minimum... Thats why there are so many unemployed germans. (Statistics say germany hadnt had so few unemployed ppl in yrs; HartzIV and 1euro-jobs dont go in said statistics sadly...)

---

Am gettin more and more drunk...
Sorry for my awful grammar now
>>
>>38786259
I was meaning in terms of throwing counter-banter. No war or rapefugee material, right? I'm not sure what there is to say about Germans other than those, sausages and efficiency.
>>
>>38786259
Do you know the author Herman Hesse?
How do you pronounce the title of one of his famous books, Demian? Is it the same in German as in English?
>>
>>38786259
>They dont hire at least the minimum
What do you mean the mini? Minimum wage or qualifications?
>>
>>38786290
Well, its actually okay for most of the germans to hear about "BRATWURST", "Ihr habt den Krieg verloren" or by cashiers "Wow, you germans really are time efficient". Around 98% would laugh about these prejudice-jokes. Only watch what theyre wearing(dont say "Ihr habt den Krieg verloren haha" to some skinhead with Lonsdale-clothes and such.

Like i said: Most just laugh about that. Just dont "Sieg Heil" strangers. Youre getting to jail in no time - or atleast youre getting punched by stupid Antifa.
--
In english its "Deymian".. In german its "Dehmian".. Like in "Deus Ex"; In english its still "Deh-us Ehx"
---
>>38786351
Qualification i mean.
You could strengthen you chances by learning german to the basics atleast.
You can talk english quite good? Thats a huge plus also.
And your mother tongue... So you are speaking 3 languages to atleast the basics.
Thats more than fine!
>>
>>38786322
In english its "Deymian".. In german its "Dehmian".. Like in "Deus Ex"; In english its still "Deh-us Ehx"
>>
>>38786523
I can speak French, English, and I guess I'll learn basic German too. How is rent?
>>
>>38786582
Rents are quite high in most places actually.
Especially in big cities like Koeln, Berlin, Hamburg, Muenchen etc.
In small cities you can get apartments for about 400euros "warm"(inclusive heating)...
Renting is a bitch in the last yrs here in germany actually...
>>
File: Tannenberg Memorial.jpg (295KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Tannenberg Memorial.jpg
295KB, 1024x1024px
>>38785638
Don't worry about it there is only small ruins of the memorial, it shame tho, great ww1 legacy
>>
>>38786892
Still sad to learn about things of your own history from foreigners...
Germanys anit-national-propaganda in full effect...
>>
>>38785047
Eww breed with your own sandnigger
>>
OP here...
Too drunk.. gotta go sleep
>>
File: 1497045666899.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1497045666899.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
>>38782808
Lebe seit 14 Jahren als Polacke hier. Ich habe Deutsch gelernt, studiere in zwei Monaten Mathe, lernte sogar Erika und das Panzerlied auswendig und habe mich quasi bestens assimiliert.

Warum habt ihr Fotzen euch von eurer Mutti und Multikulti-Soros nur so wegficken lassen? Ich hab keinen Bock drauf meine verlernte Muttersprache erneut lernen zu muessen wenn es hart auf hart kommt.
>>
>>38787007
Yeah it's sucks, it's sad when your own country doesn't bother to teach its own history properly, the same happend here
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.