[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When and why did women start to infiltrate nerd/gamer culture

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

File: 1501382364503.png (85KB, 245x234px) Image search: [Google]
1501382364503.png
85KB, 245x234px
When and why did women start to infiltrate nerd/gamer culture
>>
When the Internet became Mainstream and twitch whores appeared
>>
>>38782473
Around 2011 I think.
>>
>>38782473
To get access to competitive fags who have a source of tournament income and no female to blow it all
>>
I'm not a woman, but I play one on the internet.
My guess would be probably when Chads started entering the MLG circuit. Women go wherever Chad goes, even to the gates of hell.
>>
>>38782473
Because men started staying home and playing video games. How are women supposed to find men when they are all playing video games? Also. Im sure alot of modern day girls grew up playig video games and its just a hobby that stuck wtih them. Is that so hard to understand?
>>
>>38782473
About the middle of the sixth console generation.
>>
File: 1494090602799.png (190KB, 878x1546px) Image search: [Google]
1494090602799.png
190KB, 878x1546px
nerds raised by single mothers lets girls into their hobbies from brainwashing
>>
>>38782953
This

Gamer girls all conveniently have rather successful boyfriends
>>
> be given money and showered with gifts for existing

When easy to do streaming happened. Seeing a girl live on cam upped the stakes enough for men to part with their bucks much more willingly.
>>
>>38783020
Or just had male relatives who got them into gaming. Speaking from experience
>>
2007, it was the year when Big Bang Theory started airing and when Portal was released.
>>
File: 1500832296893.png (465KB, 683x984px)
1500832296893.png
465KB, 683x984px
>>38782473
Some would say around the time Big Bang Theory aired.
>>
so they could acquire thirsty orbiters while fucking Chads ofc.
>>
>>38782473
it was part of their never-ending quest to be "not like other girls"

come to think of it, this goes for normies in general
>>
>>38784360
that's a nearly accurate description of me.
>>
>>38782473
Women dislike letting men have anything that women can't control and use to gain more attention. The entire reason for prohibition is because bars were a male space and women hated that. After prohibition, women were let in bars so they magically no longer had any issue with it. It's the same reason why they want in frats, want in boy scouts, wanted in the military, etc. It's literally all about gaining attention and trying to control men by ensuring we have no place to talk about man stuff and complain about women. They and their white knights have even taken over /r9k/, one of the last few man only places on the internet.
>>
>>38782473
The real question is why women were never really into nerd/gamer culture in the first place.
The answer is likely that most of them just suck at video games.
>>
>>38782473
Free unharvested attention.
It's cool though chad/dork culture has inverted and now Chad makes electronic music in his room and plays videogames while nogf dorks do personal fitness training.
Women are forever garbage at fitness so it's a much more robust safe haven desu.
>>
Op have you ever considered the reason you hate women is that you might be gay?
>>
Hey buddy have you considered that the reason you hate making reasonable statements is because you're a retard
>>
>>38784937
The weight room is one of the last bastions of manhood in the west. Sure, the occasional roastie will do squats with the bar or stretch in hopes of getting attention, but for the most part they're terrified of hard work so they avoid it like the plague. It's wonderful.
>>
2007 is the general agreed year, around when Portal came out

Gaming was full of lonely young men with money to spare, it's an easy avenue for a woman to get into for money/attention. If you notice it's mostly mediocre chicks into it, not the top ones, it's because they can't compete with the Stacys in other markets so come to gaming which is so male dominated, it has no competition.

Sex is all economics and women subconsciously understand that
>>
Right alongside the Big Bang Theory.

Really makes u thonk.
>>
>>38783092
is there a 2017 version yet since its all ready 2/3 of the way over
>>
>>38784937
Women love the gym anon being fit is in and they're all trying to be Instagram models and get noticed.
>>
>>38784937
>>38785006
this is actually hilarious now I think about, I see guys who were really popular with women becoming couch potatos and getting in vidya and Game of Thrones, then on the other side I see the most autistic guys I've ever known get into weight lifting, dudes I could never imagine in a gym a few years ago
>>
I kinda like girls being in the nerd/gamer culture.
>>
>>38783092
Who ever made this can't get away with this. This person has to pay, we must get to the bottom of this image, who made it, is it irony or post irony? What did he mean by this etc etc

You get your ass whooped saying something like that.
>>
>>38785084
I've always liked lifting, not having roasties around is just an added bonus. It's the only time aside from being home alone and hiking that you don't have some vapid cunt trying to get everyone to pay attention to her.
>>
>>38785046
That's such a sad fact though, it makes you realize how un-magical and shallow the world really is, compared to how you saw the world as a kid.

Give us one good reason why we all shouldn't be on a constant iv drip with all kinds of drugs combos. When will they legalize ketamine drips for depression brahs? Will legalized ketamine and sex bots save us from this horror experience that's called life.
>>
>>38785083
How many ig sloots can run a 5k desu
>>
>>38785272
All I can say is don't make the mistakes your parents did if you ever have children

Don't fill their heads with Disney movies and unrealistic childish fantasies, gotta teach them about reality from a young age and it will be less of a shock for them when they grow up, I think my children will be more mature and better adjusted than I was
>>
>>38785416
Having children is incredibly selfish. You're bringing them into a world of misery and disappointment just so you can feel accomplished and have something to cuddle.
>>
>>38785477
yeah humans are selfish, if we weren't we have gone extinct
>>
>>38785477
Nice nihilist meme
>>
>>38785477
Gotta think like a normie to feel like a normie(as in feeling happy). Normies are relentlessly selfish, predatory and they don't care how big of a scorched earth they leave as long as they got their way.
>>
>>38785541
It's not nihilistic. Learn what words mean before using them.

>>38785548
True. I guess >>38785512 is right in a way, normies don't give a shit beyond immediate desires
>>
>>38782473
There have always been girls interested in video games but most of them were just unattractive or weird. Nowadays the Staceys took advantage of this to make themselves look more attractive to neckbeards for patreon and twitch money.
>>
>>38785603
Lol it's literally the most pushed Jewish nihilism meme on this website.
Be depressed don't have kids life has no deeper meaning. Muh genetics.

Nice try fampai.
>>
File: 1501453455469.png (182KB, 425x575px)
1501453455469.png
182KB, 425x575px
>>38785654
Yfw that retarded comment
>>
>>38785603
if you want to achieve happiness you gotta be selfish m8

Not saying you should go out of your way to screw others over but always put your own wants and desires first, take care of yourself
>>
Well, in the 90's a lot more little girls started playing video games as they became more mainstream. As those girls grew up some of them stuck with the hobby.
>>
>>38785671
You have to yellowtext when you post a yfw you dumb shill
>>
>>38785713
>to be happy you need to condemn your offspring to suffering

Not shocked a /pol/tards would argue this, but I actually care about kids.
>>
>>38785814
where did I even say that kek
>>
File: 1501439740388.png (321KB, 550x776px) Image search: [Google]
1501439740388.png
321KB, 550x776px
>>38785741
Mfw you get mad over a typo
>>
>>38782473
They've always been around but it seems women started to fully "infiltrate" it with the increasing popularity of online multiplayer on consoles more or less. They practically don't exist in a number of games.
>>
Big bang theory - 2014 was when the shift happened.
They want attention.
>>
When it become pop culture (i mean it always has been, but when it became completely mainstream), that's the domain of women.
>>
It was around early 2011 when video games became more mainstream. The only reason women got into it was because of the money and attention. That's it. I can't take female gamers seriously. Women playing video games or getting involved in vidya makes me kek.
>>
>>38786871
it was 2006-2007, newfag
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.