[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I find happiness after learning how shitty reality is?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: 1501343063670.png (812KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1501343063670.png
812KB, 1280x720px
>Women are selfish evil sociopaths
>virgins beyond age 16 are almost extinct
>even if I marry, it's virtually guaranteed to end in misery for me
>you CAN'T be anything you want
>social mobility is at its lowest in a century so it's almost guaranteed I won't be rich even if I invest or try to invent
>wages have stagnated so heavily that I won't be able to "buy" a home for another decade and probably won't pay it off before I die
>travel is ridiculously expensive so my dream of traveling the world will never happen until I'm so old that I can barely enjoy it
>can't have kids because it's almost guaranteed they'll be corrupted into shit stains by media and social media regardless of my efforts

Just seems like all the things I'd hoped for when I was younger were lies and illusions. Is there anything to look forward to that isn't impossible or doomed to bring me far more misery than it will ever bring?
>>
stop whining faggot you have been watching to much rick and morty.
>>
IMO just watch cute anime OP
>>
>>38780567
You can always pursue a hobby or art.
>>
>>38780850
Been doing it but it doesn't stop the sadness anymore.

>>38780878
I've been whittling and drawing. It's ok, but leaves a lot of time to think which is kind of counterproductive considering the circumstances. Any other hobby ideas I could try?
>>
>>38780567

Stop being negative. You can just meet hot 16 year old virgin Kazakhstani girls on VK if you like. There's a constant unending supply of non/pre-roastie females being generated by nature all the time and the internet allows increasingly easy access to meeting them.

Same thing with wealth. It's going to become possible to live in more and more remote places and still have acces to the internet, with things like Googles Balloon-based internet services.

Standard of living is actually increasing and so is affordability of various luxuries.
>>
>>38780952

I'm not OP. You know what bothers me? Death.
>>
>>38780986

Death is an illusion. There will be a resurrection of the dead.
>>
>>38781096

Doesn't cut it for me. I feel death on an instinctual level. I don't comprehend religion
>>
File: 1500511977205.jpg (476KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1500511977205.jpg
476KB, 1920x1080px
>>38780567

There are plenty of miserable people here who work either minimally or not at all. But most normies are also miserable. Even those with good jobs and families are still horribly stressed and anxious. All along you've been told about life(TM) like it was this wonderful thing you'd be inducted into. And now you're finding out that the reality is ironically rather sterile.

I think people are doing it wrong. You should strive, not for some kind of milestone of happiness, but for comfort. I think people want to be comfy, and they can't be comfy because there's this Sisyphean notion of working to live and living to work + maybe you create a couple of kids to do the same thing. You acquire all these responsibilities because they're allegedly worthwhile. but you end up getting pulled in all these different directions. And those in charge want you to strive because it's within their best interests. But it's all bullshit.

Today, I felt kind of lazy. It was raining outside. You know the kind of day. I got some fruit and yoghurt and went back to bed. I watched some LOTR while my dog dozed next to me. When the day brightened up, we went for a walk. I had some lunch. Then I did some reading and played some games with friends.

I can do all of this because I aimed for comfort. I set my sights low on not being beholden to anyone else and living within rather modest means. I don't want fancy cars or other bullshit. I just want the time and freedom to live comfortably. Sure, I can't sample the finest luxuries, and I loathe that travel is so expected like you said, but I am content. I am secure. I am comfortable.

This isn't even some Stoicism shit. I just know that it was never the 'work' of my job that bothered me, but all the other stresses and bullshit on top. I just made an effort to cut that out. I sacrificed riches to live modestly, but comfortably. And I feel great. From that comfort and security, my happiness has grown.
>>
>>38781160

It doesn't matter what you believe. At the moment a veil covers your face, but one day it'll be removed and you'll realise you spoke to someone very special - a servant of the living God, a servant who transcended the present age and saw through to the coming rest.
>>
File: alcohol.png (965KB, 973x730px) Image search: [Google]
alcohol.png
965KB, 973x730px
>>38780567
Alcohol will always be your friend anon.
>>
>>38780567
Just go full dark triad senpai
>>
This is the same dread I always have creeping at the back of my mind.. what's the point? I always end up thinking that.. but it's out of our control, so why worry about it? Just get by as comfortably as you can
>>
>>38781242
That's Epicureanism. It's fine, but I don't want comfort. I want to purge the vileness of this Earth with holy fire and rape virgin qt3.14s
>>
>>38781280
I already have a drinking problem though.

>>38781312
With what comfort? All I have left after the lies are peeled back is drugs and escapism.
>>
>>38781257

Man, you're literally speaking to an animal, an appointed druid of nature. I sexually fantasize about raping anything that moves and killing my competitors. I eat all, sleep in all, fell no shame or regret. My only fear is death. It does not matter what YOU believe; I am my own faith, and I exist.
>>
File: 1489385835951.jpg (37KB, 896x452px) Image search: [Google]
1489385835951.jpg
37KB, 896x452px
>>38781242
Was just passing by but what you said is exactly how I feel. I still live at home but I work a part time job that gets me enough money to help out my parents and to buy things I'd like to have. It's nothing fancy but I'm content with what I do and how I live. Nowadays it feels like slaving away at your job is just supposed to be taken as if it's a gift from God or something. People just waste so much of their life working that they never truly get to enjoy the little comforts that life can bring.
>>
>>38781355
There's all sorts of forms of happiness. Drugs and escapism offer little sustainable happiness and quickly fade. They most be accompanied with more rich joys. The joy of being sexually desired is chief among these.

Odds are you feel like shit because your life is shit. That will never change until you make it change.
>>
>>38780567
Become a white nationalist, OP. They're the ones trying to undo most of the things you posted. Better than doing nothing, at least.
>>
>>38781384
>le it's your fault meme

Someone didn't read the OP.
>>
>>38781396
I'm a quarter black though. Was raised by the white side as was my mom because the town wouldn't tolerate a black being involved, even with his offspring, but that fact temains.
>>
>>38780567
Relax, friend. Now that you realize this, you are free to engage in higher pursuits.
>>
>>38781449
That's tough, then. You really are in a bad spot.
>>
>>38781429
>literally 'reeeeeee not my fault I'm a loser' tier
People have risen to glory out of far worse times than these. In fact, the worse the times, the easier it is to ride to glory.

The old world is dying and the new world is struggling to come forth. Now is the time of monsters and heroes.
>>
>>38780947
>Any other hobby ideas I could try?

Reading and writing.
>>
>>38781481
>The old world is dying and the new world is struggling to come forth. Now is the time of monsters and heroes.

Found Nietzsche.
>>
>>38781481
You still didn't read the OP I see. That's ok, I know reading is hard for some people.
>>
>>38781498
I've been trying my hand at writing, I just get frustrated because it seems like all the ideas I come up with have been done before. That's actually why I tried other things. Maybe I can try something lame like poetry.
>>
>>38781583
Write for the joy of it. It's fun to see what comes out after a while.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.