[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>you now vs you 5 years ago

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 15

File: Wojak takeing a moment.jpg (991KB, 3456x2304px) Image search: [Google]
Wojak takeing a moment.jpg
991KB, 3456x2304px
>you now vs you 5 years ago
>>
>you now
everything is shit
>you 5 years ago
everything was shit
>>
In a fight? I'd mop the floor with him the fat cunt.

In terms of happiness and money, he has name beat though. He even had a gf and got laid regularly. Fucking cunt, she was perfect. Poor guy won't see the hurt coming though.
>>
>>38779214
Miserable then, miserable now. Made tons of improvements; education, fitness you name it. At the core of my being I'm still just a miserable fuck though.
>>
I have improved actually. Lost all overweight, trained up and at least I try leaving the cave at times now.
Results however are another matter
>>
>tfw time perception as a NEET

5 years ago feels like less than 1 year ago to me so I'm exactly the same.
>>
>>38779214
Now
>/fit/
>Balding badly
>Have a decent job
>Have a car
>Live in dad's basement
>Constantly stressed.

Five years ago.
>skeleton mode
>NEET
>Balding
>No car
>Live in dad's basement
>Depressed with no stress

My life has gotten considerable worse ever since I started working.
>>
Five years ago
>retarded fag

Now
>retarded fag but I know it
>>
>>38779214
>Was about to finish junior high
>was bullied through school but high school would be great
>average looks
>master at speaking english
>trip lined up for America
>then spend my summer alone at home
>I love it because I know high school will be great

I must admit I had a great time. But eventually I failed in my quest to become a normie.
>>
File: RHCP2002PR250711-1.jpg (89KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
RHCP2002PR250711-1.jpg
89KB, 900x600px
>>38779214
>me now
Have steady 40 hr job, and moving up career-wise. More mentally strong and independent. Less human connection, but that's becoming less important. Also got /fit/, which has been hugely important
>me 5 years ago
Playing in a band, couple shows a month. Lots of friends and fun times. Had GFs (yes I'm basically an autistic normie), heart break, a oneitits that started to sicken me
I'm more of a wagecuck now than I was 5 years ago, but I'm stronger now physically and mentally. And moving towards a rewarding career
>>
>>38779375
>high school would be great
>high school will be great

Now i realize i was just another weirdo with no friends or gf back then, but i thought i was a big deal because i could speak english
>>
>>38779214
Now:
>/r9k/
>NEET
>no friends
>no gf
>no car
>out of shape
>struggling with pill/alcohol addiction

Five years ago:
>/b/
>Just graduated high school
>if I'm not with qt thicc gf, I'm with the boys smoking weed
>only play video games or watch TV in the morning when no one's up from last night yet
>excited about going to university and I'll the opportunities I'll have when I graduate

just give up.
>>
>>38779455
What happened in the interim? Bad decisions? What happened in uni?
>>
File: 1501448046575.png (1MB, 1200x1261px) Image search: [Google]
1501448046575.png
1MB, 1200x1261px
>>38779455
i love seeing normies crash land into robot life. just that they are failed normies. Fallen normies.
>>
>>38779214

I was 19 back then.

I really can't think of many ways in which I've changed. I look almost exactly the same (a little more bald on top, maybe). I'm a bit angrier than before, and I have fewer friends. Otherwise everything's the same: still in uni, no job etc etc
>>
>>38779470
I guess you could say that. It was one of those "slowly at first, then all at once" declines. I had been making bad decisions for years before they caught up with me.

A lot of really fun stuff happened at college but I guess I never really grew out of it. Once school ended, I just moved back in with mom and hoped a job would fall into my lap like it did with my older sister

it hasn't yet
>>
>>38779214
>you now
Astrology has shown me the way
>you 5 years go
fucking normies
>>
>>38779475
I will be the first to admit that I am a failed normie, but I come here because the other boards are complete cancer now. I like the picture btw

remember when we used to make all the "cancer that's killing 4chan" jokes? that was about five years ago too. Now, we see the results of the cancer's inevitable spread
>>
>>38779214
>engaged and miserable
>single and miserable
>>
>>38779489
You've been in university for 5 years? Undergrad or grad now?
>>
>>38779755
>I thought this when reading that post as well

it's okay though. took me nearly 5 years to finish my undergrad, and I still know people from freshman year who are working on theirs. keep at it, lad.
>>
>five years ago
redeemable
sad boy
>now
irredeemable human garbage
happy boy
>>
>>38779214
>you now
Depressed as fuck, filled with regret.

>you 5 years ago
So much hope for the future. Certain I would accomplish great things.
>>
>>38779214
> Beginning of 8th grade ,2012
> full of ambition
> wanted to get good grades, and did
> made some friends even though I just came out of homeschooling in 7th grade, spent my days practically as a neet in training fapping to sit on herpy.net every day back then
> get bullied but having since friends relieves that
> play video games when I get home every day with friends
> basically a worry free life
Fast forward
> no ambition
> socially awkward around anyone my age
> lost my friends simply by drifting
> don't want to get a job but have to
> don't want to go to college but feel that I have to
> just want to win the lottery and be a neet forever
>>
>>38779214
I guess I was happier then, but that was when I had ambition and wasn't a NEET. Been one for about 4 years now. I was excited to leave school and experience the world....hahaha, how quickly that ship sank.
>>
>now
shut-in tranny who's never gonna make it; still retarded but aware of it
>5 years ago
oblivious, ambitious autist who's content with life
>>
>>38779214
>me now

Depressed and hopeless

>5 years ago

Hopeless and depressed
>>
>me then
Beta orbiter bitch, wasting money on some girl who never cared about me.
>me now
Happy, lots of money, own a house, nice car, awesome gaming pc with duel 4 k screen. Life's way better
>>
Now:
>NEET
>Graduated from college with a useless communications degree
>Have Crohn's Disease
>Skeleton
>Had to quit last job I had due to illness and my employer not letting me see doctors
>Been unemployed for 6 months, virtually unemployable now, even though I have a fuckload of skills from my previous jobs

Then:
>19 years old
>Sophomore in college with a great GPA
>Perfectly healthy
>Played volleyball for my university
>Extremely healthy
>No gf

desu I'll be surprised if I make to 26.
>>
>10 years ago

Just got out of college, making 6 figures passively from my Internet business. I go to live alone in Tokyo, Japan so I can fuck my college Japanese gf whenever I like. I go out at night, eat the best food, go to clubs, have good times.

>5 years ago

Lost all income due to spiraling down into mental illness called schizophrenia. Lost girlfriend and many friends who didn't understand me or what was going on. Forced to move back to the States to my Mom's house in the suburbs. Terrible health. Paranoid.

>Now

Regained health, have a girlfriend for the last 2 years who lives with me now. I make a little money online but I'm working hard to regain my passive income and feel confident the money will come back if I keep going. I own 4 houses and collect rent on them all. Life is not bad.
>>
>5 years ago
relatively normal

>now
completely autistic retard
>>
about the same but I didn't have a criminal history and jail time to serve
>>
>>38779864
>> socially awkward around anyone my age

I always thought I was the only one. Back when I was in school I knew how ti talk to epople and make them laugh. Now I'm a pathetic beta, can't eve,n look my family in the eye
>>
>>38779951
Nice LARP uruf
>>
5 years ago:
>in uni
>no point to life
>hate every second of every day

Now:
>Making money
>Progressing in career
>Can chill and do whatever I want without any hassle

Feels good man.

Also album of the decade came out in 2013 and runner up album of the decade came out in 2014, and a lot more manga that I like is being scanlated recently, which are all good things that weren't around 5 years ago.

2012 was probably the joint shittiest year of all time with 2007.
>>
>>38779951
How were you making so much money?
>>
>>38780066
That is my life boiled down to a few sentences.

Still working on getting back on my feet 100%.
>>
>>38780108
I wrote an ebook and marketed it on ebay (when this practice was still allowed).

I sent PDFs of the book for $14.99 and got 20+ customers a day.

So there were no costs and it was all profit.

When that got shut down, I moved on to affiliate marketing (which was booming back then) and made 6 figures doing that when the industry was still good.
>>
Basically the same. I got fat and lost the weight again in that time. Also have a shitty job i hate, but other than that, absolutely nothing has happened in my life
>>
File: IMG_1286.jpg (39KB, 500x478px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1286.jpg
39KB, 500x478px
>me 5 years ago
>crying like a bitch because a fat cunt dumped me for chad

>me now
>run 2 miles a day and gathering muscle, going into the army

>had one girl ask me out and maybe two eyeball me
>>
>>38780138

Anoooooon,

Would you email me and give me some tips on affiliate marketing? Also we could talk about combining our energies and intellect to make money somehow.

[email protected]
>>
File: Lilli Jynx Cat.png (9KB, 510x367px) Image search: [Google]
Lilli Jynx Cat.png
9KB, 510x367px
>>38779214

5 yrs ago
>final year of undergrad
>gf of 3 years just left me
>depressed everyday
>drinking 4-6 beers + gin + self harming like a 12 year old grill
>barely mustering energy for med school interviews I worked so hard to get
>really wanting new gf bc dunno how to be alone

now
>never got another grillfriend
>graduated med school and now an intern
>no time to drink
>no time to think about anything except the fuckton of work I have that day
>no depression bc constantly in panic/crisis mode over aforementioned work I have to do
>can barely relate to people anymore outside of the fairly strict confines of a patient-physician or co-worker relationship
>don't really have a desire for a gf

I can sort of understand that objectively my life is lacking some important, vital aspect of human existence, but I can't really feel like I miss it or even want it. I've really just grown more comfortable in my routine than I am in other relationships, and since I live across the country from family and friends, my routine has pretty much not involved casual interpersonal relationships for half a decade. I'm good at what I do. Everything else frightens me or seems irrelevant to my existence.
>>
File: 9212254.jpg (89KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
9212254.jpg
89KB, 1000x563px
>>38779214

Now
>Anti-social
>Weeaboo trash
>Bad grades
>Can't feel empathy (mental illness?)
>Depressed
>Suicidal
>Don'tTouchMe.rar
>Huge trust issues
>Lost all my friends
>Over 30 weird fetishes
>Don't care about my future anymore
>If my crush rejects me, i will most likely unironically kill myself

5 years ago
>Very social
>Ton of friends
>Good grades
>Brony (everyone knew it, and i WAS proud about being one ffs)
>Biggest autist imaginable
>Did basically everything my friends dared me to do -> Slapped teacher's ass during class type of shit
>Girls liked me for some fucking reason
>Didn't feel embarrassment at all
>Big goals for the future
>>
File: 1407533127926.jpg (88KB, 976x622px) Image search: [Google]
1407533127926.jpg
88KB, 976x622px
5 years ago
>just finishing 6th form
>looking forward to going to uni
>don't get my grades
>end up being NEET, losing all my friends who went to uni and never came back to this shithole of a town
>tell myself every year that i'm going to apply again just to get away
>never do and get comfortable being NEET for years
>my social skill go completely down the drain through the isolation of NEETdom

now
>shitty job in retail because i have no experience in anything and have been neet for like the past 5 years
>still no social life
>completely lost any kind of social skills can barely hold a conversation
>still live in my shitty hometown
>no hope of escape
>>
5 years: I have I bright future
Now: I had a bright past
>>
>>38780233
I feel like I'm in-between the two stages, how the fuck can I stop becoming like you anon
>>
>>38780646
Force yourself to get a hobby that is somewhat social, and take atleast a week long vacation off the internet (im not joking)
>>
File: 1775.jpg (46KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1775.jpg
46KB, 300x300px
>>38780821
>mfw
Well fuck it then. That's not coming anytime soon. I'm slowly becoming a robot. Just months ago I was still a cyborg and last year I was a semi-normie and the year before I was just a strange kid. I don't even have an ounce of energy to spend on what you just said. Isn't there an easier step?
>>
5 years ago
>had friends
>stable life
>"what's an anime?"
>good grades
>go outside

Now
>binge watch every anime that even slightly interests me
>only leave to buy groceries
>no friends cause I made myself a shut in
>dropped out
>worried daily my parents will stop sending support
>can't find a job
>>
>>38779214
I was excited to get into uni
What a dunb fool
I would tell him to change career while i still can and don't experiment with gay shit because i will regret it, also to get with that nice girl and don't leave her alone for years like i did
>>
File: 31311311.png (864KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
31311311.png
864KB, 1280x738px
>>38780909
Just accept your fate then.
>>
>>38781012
I wish I could go back in time now, you know

>>38780969
>I was excited to get into uni
Did it change you anon? I'm getting there in a few weeks
>>
File: 1500741776948.jpg (38KB, 361x354px) Image search: [Google]
1500741776948.jpg
38KB, 361x354px
5 years ago
>no job
>one friend
>barely ever left the house unless it was necessary
>read manga and watched anime a lot
>played vidya constantly
>listened to music a lot
>went on 4chan every day

Now
>have a job
>one friend
>leave the house to go to work or to get food
>don't read as much manga or watch as much anime
>still play vidya constantly
>still listen to music a lot
>still come here at least once a day

Ask me what I'll be doing in five years and I guarantee it'll be the same.
>>
File: image.jpg (55KB, 1024x769px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 1024x769px
>>38781081
It was because i got into a career just for the sake of getting into a career since there are no animation or drawing schools in my town, i regret it, i should have applied for graphic design or something, but i went for communication, i'm behind on my studies so i have a few years left here, my friends are graduating and i'm close to being completely lonely without knowing anybody and i fear not being able to make new friends during the years i have left, this has left me depressed, but i hope it can get better for me, basically if you get into something you really enjoy there's nothing to be worried about, i wish you the best in your uni incursion anon, don't let my unfortunate case scare you, just be strong, and follow the advice of your peers regarding teachers and classes and such, they can save your ass
>>
>>38779214
Same NEET autist loser, less ambition. Getting a college degree couldn't change my ways, everything is virtually the same. An increase in my weed smoking habit, that's about the only change.
>>
5 years ago:
>no friends
>NEET
>kissless virgin
>live with parents
>no gf
>depressed
Me now:
>no friends
>NEET
>virgin (that's progress)
>live with parents
>no gf
>depressed
>>
Now
>NEET on autism bux
>Spend all my bux on booze and video games
>tfw no bf
>Live in my mom's basement
>Want to die

5 years ago
>NEET with no bux
>Spend all my birthday bux on booze
>tfw no bf
>Live in my mom's house on the 2nd floor
>Want to die
>>
5 years ago
>complete hikki
>no desire for change as there's no point in going outside or being a slave etc
>content to just play vidya (alone or with online friends) and watch stuff for the rest of my life
>accepted the fact that I would be a kv forever

Now
>complete hikki
>no desire for change as there's no point in going outside or being a slave etc
>content to just play vidya (alone or with online friends) and watch stuff for the rest of my life
>refuse to accept the fact that I will be a kv forever and continue to fight to change it despite coming so close and failing a couple of times
>>
>>38781247
Sounds like you have an awesome friend tho, he's still by your side
>>
>>38781456
>he's still by your side
It's actually a girl.
>>
>>38781319
I feel the same - gonna go for law when I wish I had been in comms or politics. Thanks for the advice anyway. Never been good at making friends honestly, but at least I guess it's within my potential not to delay my years
>>
File: joey.png (475KB, 543x555px) Image search: [Google]
joey.png
475KB, 543x555px
>5 years ago
I still have a chance I can go to college, get training for a trade, or just start to talk to girls

>now
waking up to maggots on my bed as my only companion, at least they seem like the harmless kind

why do they have to go for the semen tissues on my bed? there's plenty of banana peels on the ground

if we're going to fix anything /r9k/ we should start with this room
>>
>>38779214
Same person just 5 years difference.
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 363x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 363x750px
>>38781577
I dunno where you live but here you still have a margin for changing your career during the first or so year, i think you still gotta do the entry test but i think It's worth a try, whatever you do i hope it goes swiftly to you, i wouldn't wish my situation on anybody, being stuck sucks, but It's partly my fault, i think that as long as you don't fail signatures or at least don't skip class you can make it out fine, and i hope you make friends, you seem like a cool dude
>>
In 3 years I will be about to turn 30. I'm gonna give this one last effort before I give up completely in society. At 30 I will NOT be living at home, with no gf (ever) and not making any money. I'm quitting weed and drinking, selling my xboxone, taking cold showers. I'm gonna live like a soldier. I will probably have to quit 4chan. Might as well give it one last try while I am in my 20's before I say fuck it right?
>>
>>38781666
picture of room
>>
>>38779214
I'd say it's an even match, funnily enough. Little me is in the prime of being a professional vandal but isn't anywhere near as physically impressive as I am now. However; little me also has a fucking warpick and varying other tools for bludgeoning others stashed in various places around the neighborhood. I could easily outrun him if we're going for any nearby weapons but he could just as easily fall back and grab another (he's a wily cunt). This doesn't even take into account he had two friends in their prime backing him up (midget for reconnaissance and some twiggy fuck with proper boxing lessons under his belt). What the little fucker DOESN'T have, however, is a car. He's apt at dodging vehicles, mind you (been hit three times on foot, made sure to put a stop to that). I could also cripple his group by bringing my Marine buddy into the fray, he'd make quick work of the friends.
>>
>>38781725
Thanks, anon. I hope your resolve your situation soon as well.
>>
File: file.png (42KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
42KB, 300x100px
>>38779214
>>you now (1 Aug 2017)
>NEET, been that way for several years
>live on my own but still spend a lot of time in parents' house
>bad car, a 1999 model; in principle better than my previous one but in a worse condition
>author of 4 scientific publications (one from this year)
>have a 3-year-old laptop (and the one from 5 years ago, but that's broken)
>spend little time on /r9k/ and dislike the board
>smartphone
>feel dumb
>wardrobe last updated in 2015 (with the exception of some socks and underwear)
>biggest hope: death by insomnia or stress
>biggest fear: having to work again
>depressed all the time, also constant suicidal thoughts
>future looks negative

>>you 5 years ago (1 Aug 2012)
>have a good job, graduated from university just a couple of months ago
>live with parents (but will move out in a couple of months)
>decent car, a 1991 model
>author of 1 scientific publication
>have a brand new laptop
>spend a lot of time on /r9k/ and like the board
>dumbphone
>feel smart
>wardrobe recently updated
>biggest hope: to leave a legacy
>biggest fear: death by insomnia or stress
>sometimes feel intense sadness with a desire to die for a short time, but don't really have depression
>future looks positive

I peaked in 2013-2014 and my life has been going downhill since early or mid-2015. Apart from a couple of investments in technology and having some more free time, I have changed for the worse.

Quite ironically, pic is what happened to be the banner.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.