[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Therapy

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0511.png (2MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0511.png
2MB, 750x1334px
Have any robots tried therapy?

I have been considering going to therapy to get to the root of my autism, anybody know what it's like?

Does it help?
>>
>>38766768
I've been to 4 appointments, it's got me at least talking to someone about my problems and just having to actually explain my emotions to someone helps a lot, saying things out loud makes them more real, seeing how he reacts help a little bit
If you go and don't hide anything from him, try and do what he wants, it could help
>>
Yes, it's how I found out I was depressed.
>>
>>38766768
I tried self-help therapy tapes for social anxiety and it really helped me with my anxiety. Didn't completely cure it but gave me a lot of tools to control it

I used the Dr Richards social anxiety CBT tapes. Torrented them, didn't buy them, they were like 400$ if I remember correctly. I think he has some new tapes out but I haven't heard them
>>
I did some physio therapy before, but that was for my shoulder, it helped a lot
>>
>>38766857
Yeah I tried talking to my one close friend and it actually really helped. I poured everything out to him, I feel a therapist could tell me the root of my problems
>>
>>38766931
What do the tapes consist of? What techinques have you learned? I have crippling anxiety, I mostly just smoke cigs and it helps ground me a little
>>
>>38767069
I'd give it a shot, nothing to lose if you have the money lying around
It's definitely helped me sort out my thoughts and try and understand what is going on in my head, why I feel the way I feel sometimes and try and be more aware of feelings in general
>>38766884
Its how I found out I might be autistic
>>
>>38767214
Did you find out anything about yourself that you didn't really know before? Did you find out what made you the way you are?

I think the reason why I have anxiety deression and low self esteem was from being bullied as a child and not nurtured very well by parents.
>>
>>38767332
Like I said, potentially autism, some of it to do with parenting according to him
>>
>>38767099
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, it's the most common and effective treatment for anxiety related disorders. (to put it simply) The Cognitive part involves changing the way you think and how you talk to yourself, the behavioral part involves incrementally exposing yourself to things that cause anxiety and desensitizing yourself to them.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.