[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me quit smoking

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

File: fh.gif (493KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
fh.gif
493KB, 500x375px
Help me quit smoking
>>
Like, just stop buying cigs and associating with cig smokers
>>
>>38764554
Help yourself you fucking tard. Make it past one month and you're free forever.
>>
mouth fedora and slowly decrease the nicotine amount. works better than gum, patch, inhaler thing.
>>
>>38764554
I quit cold turkey and I didn't have any cravings. I was smoking to pass the time, because I was bored all the time.
Fix your own shit, no one else is going to give a fuck about you
>>
>>38764583
>after one month
this would be so nice.. but sadly its not how it works (for everyone)
even after a year the urge to smoke can still be there.. it's a very slow process
>>
>>38764554
Do exercise. The thought of smoking will start seeming repulsive. I smoked weed and tobacco for many years, but after 1.5 year of not smoking, I no longer have any cravings at all.
>>
>>38765834
Yeah the urge is there but you won't get the shakes, you're no longer irritable, and you don't feel like gnawing your fingers off because of the lack of something to do.
If you can't quit cold turkey, you're either lazy or feeble-minded.
>>
>>38764554
At midnight, I'll be on day 7 of this quit. I dunno if this helps, but it's basically trying to save your life, so here's the shit I did:

>Joel Spitzer's quit smoking videos
>sleeping with hypnotic suggestion vids in the background
>tiny hit of weed (seriously, just one puff) every morning and every afternoon
>drinking a metric fuckton of Gatorade
>no caffeine or booze
>lots of gum and dumdum lollipops
>long walks daily to distract you and tire yourself out
>in bed early every day to avoid those long, lonely nights where smoking is all you do
>tally marks on back of hand
>beginning every day with the verbal affirmation, "I choose not to smoke today, no matter how strong the urge."
>throw away all cigs, rolling papers, tobacco, etc.
>don't bring your weed lighter with you on walks
>nuke all the Mamimi/smoking reaction images from your hard drive
>don't fixate on cigs
>just observe the cravings and let them pass
>spoil yourself, keep blood sugar high, hydrate

Not in the clear yet. Gonna take a t-break from pot, too, once I'm past the physical withdrawal symptoms, just to give my cilia a break.

You can do this. Took me a whole summer of quitting daily and then going back the next day to get here. Cigs aren't cool.
>>
File: nobue100000.jpg (90KB, 800x895px) Image search: [Google]
nobue100000.jpg
90KB, 800x895px
>>38764554
Pay for Nobue's cigarette addiction instead.
>>
>>38764554
start vaping duuuh
>>
>>38766430
But then I would get retarded cancer
>>38766231
I went for 3 months without a cig but fucked up a month ago
I'm going to try some of the stuff you said
>>
>>38766251
whoa no one brings up that show anymore
>>
>>38764554
Try XTC. It will make everything else seem boring, but due to the fact, that you need breaks inbetween, you'll moderate the consumption of that one, too. Once you got rid of all the bad habits, try shrooms and/or acid and experience ego-death. Should get you out of here, too.
>>
>>38766696
The first cig was your mistake.

No vaping. No chewing. No nicotine gum, no chaw, no dip, no ANYTHING, and definitely not one single puff on a cigarette or a cigar.

You are a drug addict, and you can't have just one. If one puff can hook an ex-smoker after years, it can hook you after 3 months. It's like a heroin addict who goes clean and then wants to get high "just once." That's not how it works.

And yeah, check out some of the shit i listed. It's worked for me so far.

Good luck to you. Your life is worthwhile and worth it.
>>
File: 5lbEVFM.jpg (233KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
5lbEVFM.jpg
233KB, 1200x1000px
You don't need help to quit smoking. Quitting is the easiest thing one can do. You quit every time you finish a cigarette.

The goal is not to start AGAIN. And even that is not that hard like some people want you to believe.

You should realize why you want to stop smoking if at all. Write those reasons down don't know just make sure that's what you really want and not something others expect of you. Next realize that you don't enjoy cigarettes. Maybe you liked the buzz in the beginning but that is now long gone. The only thing that forces you to smoke is not your free will but your addiction. It's like putting on uncomfortable shoes and taking them off every few hours for five minutes. It may feel "good" since it doesn't hurt but why would you put them on anyway?

And seriously just read a book about stopping. Those are not memes. People are just afraid of admitting their own mistakes and talk them down. They are afraid. Maybe you decide that the book didn't manage to convince you and that's alright. You've got literally nothing to loose but your addiction.

Good luck, anon.
Although you won't need it because quitting is awfully easy once you decide to.
>>
i smoke 2 cigs a day and chew sometimes

honestly ive been doing this for 5 years and dont feel addicted or unhealthy, its just a treat really
>>
Bupropion
Originalalal
>>
>>38764554
think of all the money you would save if you stopped
>>
>>38764554
>Help me quit smoking
No
>>
File: DavOJdH.jpg (140KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
DavOJdH.jpg
140KB, 1280x720px
>>38766834
Oh and by the way.
Don't listen to those guys who make you fear cigarettes. Even if you manage to stop smoking for a few weeks, months or years. Smoking one cigarette will NOT mutate you back into your old addicted self.

Hell, cigarettes are actually really hard to get addicted to because you have to actively try to regularly inhale some stinking, irritating smoke. You didn't get addicted on your first cigarette. I bet you didn't even like it.

I've quit a year ago and sometimes smoke tobacco when I'm at a friend to smoke weed and he doesn't have anything else to mix. It's not ideal but not once was I afraid to relapse because smoking in itself is such an absurd act.

So even if you somehow smoke a cigarette after you quit, don't panic. Although even that scenario is highly unrealistic because unless you delude yourself to think that you somehow "enjoy" inhaling ash there isn't a reason to smoke it in the first place.
>>
>>38764554
why would you quit? as long as you enjoy it, just keep on smoking. who cares? in the end we only have one life and we should do the things we love to do.
might getting lunge cancer? so what, we all wanna be dead anyway, dont we?
>>
>>38764554
Get addicted to something else, I smoked for 5 years and the next day when I had quit I started drinking coffee and moved onto about 5 cups a day. Been smoke free for 2.5 years so worked for me.
>>
File: 6546746.jpg (83KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
6546746.jpg
83KB, 640x480px
>>38764583
>tfw i quit for 3 months in 2015 then went back at it again
smoking 20-25cigs a day now
>>
File: 041.png (524KB, 481x705px) Image search: [Google]
041.png
524KB, 481x705px
>>38766834
>>38767009
Love you too anon
Gonna post in a couple of months the results of my lung cancer
jk
>>
File: 1446704137728.gif (987KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1446704137728.gif
987KB, 500x281px
Limit yourself to buying the most disgusting tasting ciggs in your opinion.
It's honestly why I've never developed the habit besides the occasional cig I bum off someone after a stressful day.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.