[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain to me how to get a job?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1497924870863.jpg (55KB, 355x353px) Image search: [Google]
1497924870863.jpg
55KB, 355x353px
Can someone explain to me how to get a job?
>>
>>38764162
go in and give firm handshake etc.
>>
>>38764180
I unironically tried this, not the manager but the guy on the till, and he said to go online but I'd probably not get the job because I look and act weird.
>>
Apply online
Wait for a call
Show up
Play along with the interview games
Show up to work on Monday

That was the process for all 3 of my shitty service industry jobs anyway, career stuff is different
>>
I have applied to a few places, but I'm not sure how to find many
I feel like most people are applying for several positions a day, whereas I am only able to think of an idea a few times a week.
Only ever had one interview as well

I don't know how to find places
>>
>>38764162
I have never had a job but through my careful formulated research I believe that the only way is to spam, cover letters and shit are just a bunch of bullshit the only way is to apply to like a thousand jobs and hope one of the 10 interviews you get work out.
>>
>>38764162
know someone with influence who can get you hired.
thats how it really works now. firm handshake is bullshit. the people who hire and people who work are entirely different people. applications are only looked at if nobody has a son, nephew, cousin or a close friend with a son or nephew who needs a job. and then they look at the applications with 10 years of experience and college degrees first.
not trying to drag anyone down, thats how people get jobs these days and your dad doesn't know because he can get a job by walking in, firm handshake because of his long resume.
what happens when there are more workers than jobs.
>>
search "hiring agency near me"
go to closest one or apply online
probably have to take a drug test and/or get interviewed so they know youre not a homonidcidal killer
Then they find you a job at a factory usually.
>>
drop your resume from a plane

it'll certainly make you stand out from the crowd
>>
>>38765670
This
Nepotism is the only way to go these days
If you don't know anyone don't even try
If you really want a job try to find ways to know people who can get you one
>>
>>38764162
if you don't have family or friends willing to give you a job,

l i e
i
e
>>
>>38764273
>I unironically tried this, not the manager but the guy on the till, and he said to go online but I'd probably not get the job because I look and act weird.

kek seriously?
>>
File: download.jpg (4KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4KB, 275x183px
>>38764162
You're going to go into the first business you see, you're going to march in there, and you're going to look the manager in the eye, give him a firm handshake, and demand that he give you a job. I know you can do it champ.
>>
>>38764162
Fluff up your resume a bit
Do you have any work or post high school education?
>>
>>38766319
the least OP needs is a police record
>>
>have interview 3 weeks ago
>2 weeks ago get offer
>will start on the 14th
>get called today, monday, at 3:30 PM
>"hey uh can you start today?"
>job is in another city
>movers don't come until sunday
Thanks, dick. If I didn't already have an apartment lease I would've told them to fuck off
>>
>>38766353

Yeah, if you have a police record you'll pretty much NEVER get hired by any decent place.

Also, MOST places will do an initial drug test on you. If you're looking for a job, don't do drugs
>>
how do i find a good career path that doesnt require degree? there's just so much shit out there that i don't really know where to begin. I'd be up for considering anything, really.
t. neet who has no idea what to do in life.
>>
>>38766463
>good career path
>no degree
Not possible. Unless you want to work at a minwage shit job you need at least some form of higher education, whether it be 4/2 year degree or a trade school.
>>
>>38766508
this is a lie, don't listen
apprentiships are a good start, but yeah, even then i agree that it's hard2 filter thry them all
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.