[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I cultivate the "strong and silent" type persona?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 11

File: sam-shepard[1].jpg (332KB, 670x377px) Image search: [Google]
sam-shepard[1].jpg
332KB, 670x377px
How do I cultivate the "strong and silent" type persona?

So far I know I need to stop awkwardly smiling when interacting with people
>>
>>38763262
Only talk when it's necessary, and don't be a faggot
>>
I tried doing that but I ended up giving off "creepy quiet guy" vibes instead
>>
>>38763262
Step 1: be Chad.
Step 2: just, like, shut the fuck up.
>>
>>38763262
Try yourself in a bit stoicism. Try to keep down your visible reaction to things.

That dosn`t mean you should be that little faggot pretending to be disinterested all the time
>>
Bruh that's a meme. That type never existed and if it did they were selective mutes/aspies.
>t.Selective mute
>>
Its a type. you either are it or not. you dont get to choose these things.
>>
>>38764403
>That dosn`t mean you should be that little faggot pretending to be disinterested all the time
Uhhhh I kind of already do this but it's only because human interaction is terrifying and confusing and I try dissuade it before it happens. I am not well liked.
>>
>>38763262
You don't, this only works in movies.
>>
File: Colonel Olds.jpg (1MB, 3506x3600px) Image search: [Google]
Colonel Olds.jpg
1MB, 3506x3600px
>>38763262

>Display good body language (no virgin walk, look people in the eyes etc.
> Show that even though your're silent, you're paying attention.
>Waste no word: When you open your trap, say something meaningful.
>When in conversation, pick up on small details that no one else notices and elaborate.

Disclaimer: This shit only works well if you are smart and well worded. If not, you're just a quiet idiot.
>>
Get your whole family killed and be raped several times. It will take away that crappy smile you exhibit
>>
File: IMG_6354.jpg (95KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6354.jpg
95KB, 1280x720px
Have a crazy experience happen that you constantly are haunted by this creating a feeling within yourself that words and most people are dumb and most don't understand the vast scope of the word

Or

Fake till you make it
>>
>>38763262
Stop trying to be something you're not and it'll happen.
>>
>>38764504
Its better to be the quiet shy type that sticks along tbqh.
If you have any friends at all around which you feel comfortable just stick along them when they do something and take your time to open up to new people.
If you feel that they are judging you, you are (in most cases) mistaken, since its not worth the effort to judge someone you just met and won`t see again.
Also, bantz is very important in social settings, especially with men. However, what applies on the tubes also applies here: If you are new to a group, lurk moar until you get a feeling for what is acceptable. Don`t feel bad about picking on whoever is the (after you) lowest ranking member in the Group, its the things we dislike that connect us, not the ones we like.
If someone makes a friendly joke about you, laugh about it and if you can think about it make a good comeback.
>>
File: IMG_1058.jpg (112KB, 900x1185px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1058.jpg
112KB, 900x1185px
>>38763262
You can score if you're the quiet type of autistic and not the spazzy extroverted kind. I was a nice faggot in high school who believed all the bullshit about being "nice" to girls, which predictably got me nowhere.

Make sure to brood more than normal, make sarcastic remarks when you do have to speak, and lower your pitch when talking to girls. Don't be afraid to mock them, they eat that shit up like candy. Just treat them like bratty little sisters and you're an aloof older brother. Quiet guys can't get the same variety of girls as Chad, but you still get an alright selection.

>Hyperactive silly girls who wanna "crack your exterior"
>Quiet dreamy girls who think you're probably a vampire
>Pretentious girls who think they're "so different" and finally found a guy who "gets them"

All in all just don't give off the "needy pussy who's scared of upsetting people" quiet vibe.
>>
File: IMG_1310.jpg (988KB, 2880x2259px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1310.jpg
988KB, 2880x2259px
>>38764732
Fuck outta here with that SHIIIIT. Women constantly pretend to be what they're not to increase their odds of finding a suitable mate.
>>
>>38765130
This

Become a master of the snarky one-liner
>>
>>38765233
make up is different from personality
>>
>>38765130
>All in all just don't give off the "needy pussy who's scared of upsetting people" quiet vibe.
That's what I've been doing and it's not been good. What can I even say to a female co-worker that I've seen around for YEARS in the same grocery store and never even spoken to? There's just mutual silence but I assume it's because I'm always quiet and frowning.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlR2RjKtMCk

Just don't overdo it
>>
>>38765405
Stop focusing on one chick, there 3.5 billion other holes. If she hasn't displayed interest yet don't bother (and believe me, girls will make it clear when you're interested). I'm diagnosed autistic so I legitimately didn't know the signs, which is why I did research on mating display among human females. If you don't catch her just looking at you, playing with her hair, trying to talk to you, touching you, and using other body language it's safe to just move on. All women are empty shells so don't fuss over a girl not being interested.
>>
>>38763262
The first step would be to not ask strangers on the internet how to appear strong and silent
>>
File: dondrapernotomorrow.jpg (116KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
dondrapernotomorrow.jpg
116KB, 600x480px
watch all of Mad Men and read the books Don Draper reads in the show. become one with the void
>>
>>38764270
>>38764340
These are both right. If you're not already tall, dark and handsome then there's no reason to attempt this, unless you're trying to get on an FBI list of potential mass shooters.
>>
File: DriverWannabe.jpg (121KB, 852x582px) Image search: [Google]
DriverWannabe.jpg
121KB, 852x582px
Be like Driver. Become that character.
>>
>>38763262
Go back to 1940 at least.

This persona no longer exist in the United States anymore than sanurai are still a part of contemporary Japanese culture.

You'll just be seen as a weirdo and subject yourself to misunderstanding and ridicule.

Don't get mad at me, I'm just the messenger, you have BuzzFeed and Plebbit to blame for this mostly.
>>
File: IMG_1199.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
IMG_1199.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>38765397
How?

>Woman uses makeup to appear like prime genetic material and increase her odds of mating with a man who otherwise wouldn't

Vs

>Man emulates behavior of men who have more sex to increase his odds of breeding with quality females who otherwise wouldn't fuck him
>>
How much should you actually smile?
>>
>>38764601

Based Olds
>>
>>38766379
That's actually wrong.

Women have long been confirmed to prefer dominant brooding looking men even when physical attractiveness was accounted for. You're either particularly ugly or an insecure whiner scared of women. They don't have the same brains as us.
>>
>>38766490
If you need to think about your facial expressions you're beyond help. Sorry.
>>
>>38766454
Get the fuck out, nobody is saying put on a fedora and act like John Wayne. Women have always loved laconic men.
>>
>>38766490
Rarely if ever. If something genuinely makes you laugh, go ahead. But try to stick with smug half smiles. Women don't like guys who look too happy. And try not to leer. Overt sexual interest implies a lack of finesse. A big stupid grin when she's talking you implies she's higher status and you're just thirsty for the chance to mate with her, like she's your only option.
>>
>>38766464

The only similarity between them is they increase your chances of getting laid.
>>
File: IMG_1289.jpg (92KB, 587x394px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1289.jpg
92KB, 587x394px
>>38766576
That is the biggest pile of horseshit I've ever heard and you know it. People can't read minds, and they will continue to see you as their first impression. Get the fuck out. Everyone masks their true selves.
>>38766613
And? That's the point, to get laid.
>>
>>38766662
Cosmetics are a much more certain thing.
Trying to be someone you're not is extremely obvious. You're trying to rewrite your entire behavior, responses, ethics, and morals based on a personality that is not natural to you, that's developed over 20 or 30 years. It's like the kid who acts tough and you feint a punch and he flinches and curls up like the coward he truly is, or the kid who gets smacked up and impotently yammer about how he's gonna come back to fuck up Chad and Chad walks towards him and he scurries off like a cur. Your actual best shot is to be genuine, nice, and funny, and if you're none of these things, you better be rich.
>>
>>38766769
Faking personality is easy as fuck. Everyone does it everyday, though most aren't aware of it
>>
I already do it I think, I get "cool, calm and collected or stoic" a lot.

I mostly just talk when I actually have something to say. And no this doesn't mean be completely silent.
>>
File: Bruh.jpg (50KB, 463x543px) Image search: [Google]
Bruh.jpg
50KB, 463x543px
>>38763262
If you're ugly you'll just be seen as autistic and creepy if you try this persona on for size.

Actually pursue self-improvement by getting /fit/, this autistic shit you're trying to pull off here is just a cringe fest my man.
>>
>>38765130
>Make sure to brood more than normal, make sarcastic remarks when you do have to speak, and lower your pitch when talking to girls. Don't be afraid to mock them, they eat that shit up like candy. Just treat them like bratty little sisters and you're an aloof older brother
That is literally me, no joke. It's really hard for me to actually meet girls, because I obviously don't go talk to them (and I'm not really interested) and they probably think I'm just autistic, but the ones that do get to know me seem to like the persona....as a friend. They mention that they like how I react to things and how unique the way I act is (like, "lol anon is always in such a bad mood!",that kinda shit), but I've never actually got a girl attracted to me. I think you actually gotta look good to pull that off, or you just seem autistic. I also think my voice is always pitched too high when I talk, maybe I should constantly put on a Clint Eastwood impersonation or something.
>>
File: driving the autism up.jpg (59KB, 502x417px) Image search: [Google]
driving the autism up.jpg
59KB, 502x417px
By being handsome and having friends

Don't bother OP I tried going as the strong silent type and ended up looking like an autistic instead
>>
>>38763262
Tried and i got AIDS

10/10 would recommend
>>
>>38765130
>Hyperactive silly girls who wanna "crack your exterior"
>Quiet dreamy girls who think you're probably a vampire
>Pretentious girls who think they're "so different" and finally found a guy who "gets them"

Anime is not real life anon.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.