[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is atheism just a socially acceptable form of Satanism?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (52KB, 216x233px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 216x233px
Is atheism just a socially acceptable form of Satanism?
>>
File: gr8b8m8.png (80KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
gr8b8m8.png
80KB, 500x501px
No, why would you ask that? Dumb question.
>>
>>38756181
Seeing that most atheist are doing exactly the opposite of what satanism advocates, no.
>>
No, satanism is the autistic edgelord's version of atheism.
>>
Do you realize that most atheists are just people who were born into an irreligious society and were never indoctrinated into any faith in the first place? Most of Europe, and some Asian countries like China and Japan, just don't have religion in their lives. Atheism is the default state of human beings, it doesn't say anything whatsoever about a person other than "I wasn't born in a middle-eastern shithole or the US".
>>
>>38756181
Satanism is socially acceptable tho.
Hillary Clinton won the popular vote after all.
>>
>>38756307
>in b4 "atheism is just like any other religion, where do you get your morals REEEEEEEEE"
>>
>there are people who unironically decide to be religious just because they think atheists aren't cool
really causes one to ponder
>>
>>38756181
Normal nonreligious atheists no
God delusion atheists yes
>>
>>38756181

Satanism is socially acceptable
>>
>>38756181
I think this is a very ignorant question, but it's fine because this is what healthy discussions are for. Atheism is about not believing in the existence of a god or gods.

LaVeyan Satanism values the self as the only god worth worshiping. It is harshly anti-drug, values children as sacred, innocent, and worthy of protection from evil people. All of its sins are related to neglecting one's self, weakening one's self, destroying one's self. Atheism is a lot less defined than this.
>>
>>38756404
fucking contrarians, they have no regard for the truth
>>
File: 1498227412241.png (904KB, 1115x634px) Image search: [Google]
1498227412241.png
904KB, 1115x634px
>>38756307
>Atheism is the default state of human beings,
If that is true, why does science tells us the opposite and why is it ALL societies in history were deistic since the Paleolithic
>>
>>38756798
>ALL societies in history were deistic since the Paleolithic

Objectively wrong.
>>
File: 1492736441356.jpg (91KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
1492736441356.jpg
91KB, 720x576px
>>38756831
>Objectively wrong.
ok name some?
>>
>>38756379
>where do you get your morals
Modern day "morals" in the west are just a weird admixture of post-christianity and whatever TPTB wants the populace to believe is right.

When you are truly objective there is NO OBJECTIVE MORALITY.
>>
>>38756798
Literally memes (the actual definition), societies which were religious were selected. It can generaly be said that religion is beneficial to the survivorship of a group. It promotes greater cohesion and companionship within a community, and stops individuals from stepping out of line in a way which would be harmful.
Of course, if you had a society in which all of the members were intelligent enough to act in the best interests of the greater community without needing fairy stories to tell them how, there would be no need for it. There's a reason religious belief is inversely proportional to intelligence. But even today the average person is still too stupid to go through life without being under these delusions.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>38756904
I'm going to assume you meant 'have a deity', as deism is a completely specific thing. Let's see.

>several Hinduism variants
>Buddhism variants (ex: Theravada)
>Jainism
>(Albanian?) Ietsism
>Daoism
>Some Unitarian Universalism
>Some of Quakerism

Just off the top of my head; care for me to keep going?
>>
>>38756295
>No, satanism is the autistic edgelord's version of christianity.
Fixed.
>>
File: 1500806437677.jpg (36KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1500806437677.jpg
36KB, 400x400px
>>38756307
I was born in a religious society. Religion was taught in schools.
Started question the christian nonsense when i was 7 years old.
>Asian countries like China and Japan, just don't have religion in their lives.
Ever heard of Buddhism?
>>
>>38757085
right all these have supernatural/deistic elements.
Not at all atheistic

By this logic pantheism is atheism too
>>
>>38757193
All of those listed do not include a deity, and don't do that goalpost shifting bullshit of redefining anything "supernatural" as a deity. You're plainly wrong, and you're backpedaling. You won't learn anything this way.

Educate yourself.
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nontheistic_religion
>>
>>38757324
No I meant deistic as the opposite of atheistic, if you re-read the comment chain it's pretty evident as I was responding to:
>>38756307
>Atheism is the default state of human beings

Which is plainly false, as you oh so wise rationaliste prodigy couldn't even name the ONE proto-atheistic milieu in ancient times that everybody knows about, and instead had to strawman my argument to mean a literal physical deity.
>>
File: Pathetic.jpg (67KB, 500x666px) Image search: [Google]
Pathetic.jpg
67KB, 500x666px
>>38756181
Atheism - The belief that divine entities do not exist
Satanism - The belief that a specific divine entity exists and should be worshipped

Lazy low effort shitpost.
>>
>>38757560
>No I meant deistic as the opposite of atheistic

So you mean theistic. You want to read the link that you completely ignored?

Not only are you dead wrong on what 'deism' means, you also aren't even consistent on what 'theism' is either. Sad.
>>
File: C8M5v6BXsAAAa2y.jpg (37KB, 750x447px) Image search: [Google]
C8M5v6BXsAAAa2y.jpg
37KB, 750x447px
reminder this is your typical athiest
>>
>>38757654
Do people like you genuinely believe that's an argument?
>>
>>38757851
I believe in a specific set of ancient myths among thousands of ancient myths because some atheists are fedora-wearing neckbeards.
REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>38757654
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem
People who worship science like morons are not typical atheists.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.