[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LETS TALK ABOUT IT!!!

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

>"Luck is when preparation meets opportunity."

Do you believe in this sentiment? Do you agree/disagree? Why? Why not?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6Y-ahQFQDA

Here is a YouTube video to get your thought process going.
>>
>>38746598
Fuck off Tedx
>>
Didn't watch the video.
But Casey is ugly the fact that he successful could mean there some truth to it.
>>
>7.5million subscribers
>5 million views

2normie4me
>>
>>38746598
That's a very specific definition that doesn't encompass what luck means. For example I was lucky I didn't fail my college class even though I slept through the final because my professor was such a disorganized dumb fuck he assumed he lost my exam and just gave me an A
>>
>>38746598
No, luck is pure chance.

That definition of luck only exists to make a person feel that they earned what they gained through chance instead of acknowledging they had little to no part in gaining it.
>>
Lmao it should totally be opportunity = luck + preparation

stupid normalshits
>>
>>38746598
There was an article I read once that always stuck with me. They did an experiment where they asked a group of people if they considered themselves lucky. They then had all the people sit in a waiting room for a while waiting for the next part of the test.

In the waiting room was a small newspaper. In the newspaper was an advertisement that said "bring this up to the tester for $10".

Most of the people who described themselves as "lucky" noticed the ad, while most of the people who described themselves as "unlucky" did not notice it.

This lines up with what feel. Lucky people are those of us who keep our eyes open to the way the world is moving, and subconsciously put ourselves in the right position at the right time.
>>
>>38747046

I can get behind that, however anecdotal it may be.

I have a hunch that the majority of r9k isn't very opportunistic.

I heard a story similar to yours about a trumpet player who was a very very good trumpet player. He would practice at 6:00AM every morning. He auditioned for a very well paying gig that would have provided him work for the next ten years, traveling the world, and making millions. When the final round of auditions came around, he came in second.

What did he do the next day? He was up at 6:00AM practicing.
>>
>>38746799

Careful you don't cut yourself, bud. Those edges seem pretty sharp tonight ;^)
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.