[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>starting job as teacher in a month Help.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4

File: 1465465459325.jpg (173KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1465465459325.jpg
173KB, 1280x720px
>starting job as teacher in a month
Help.
>>
>>38738938
If it's not at a majority white school you're going to be in for a tough time.
>>
>>38738938
Teaching what? How have you prepared yourself?
>>
>>38739026
It is a mostly white school.

>>38739062
Physics, I have done the bare minimum. I looked around the school for awhile, I talked to the other teachers, they were pretty nice, I've been making my lesson plans and trying to think of ways to make physics not seem boring to kids.
>>
>>38739463
What's the age range, dropout rate, and country?
>>
Don't have sex with your students.
>>
>>38739679
without telling us.

Sorry, accidentally posted mid typing
>>
>>38739463
I'm glad you're considerate enough to try not not make it seem boring, but teaching is basically rock bottom in any field

How did you end up like this?
>>
>>38738938
Teaching is literally the easiest job in the world. Stop being weak and enjoy the free money. These faggot parents don't care if their kids are being properly educated.
>>
>>38739491
US, it's grades 9-12 but I'm only teaching 11 and 12. The graduation rate is 90%.

>>38739760
It's a pathetic tale. My parents forced me to go to college or they would kick me out and I didn't want to major in a non-STEM major so I chose physics because I really like physics. I realized like, late in my junior year that oh, my job prospects kind of suck but I've already invested 3 years into this. I talked to my advisor and they said I can either go for my masters to open up more doors for myself or I could try and become a high school teacher or try my luck with research jobs but those are extremely competitive and masters degrees are the norm. I never considered becoming a teacher before and it didn't seem so bad and here we are now. I'm shitting bricks.
>>
>>38740182
You should get your masters anon, teaching sucks.
>>
Post Loli pics
>>
File: 1445130493024.jpg (53KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
1445130493024.jpg
53KB, 848x480px
>>38740310
I will go back in a few years probably but I need money right now because my parents hate me.
>>
>>38740391
Shit so you basically did a relapse and ended up right back where most peoples life mistakes began.
>like escaping the 6th layer of hell just to end up back at the 7th layer
>>
>>38740475
It depends how I feel about teaching honestly, if I'm happy with it then fuck that I'm never going back. If I want to upgrade to a higher paying job it's pretty much a no choice kind of thing.
>>
Why do people on r9k become teachers? If I was a parent, I wouldn't want anyone from this site teaching my kids.
>>
>>38740547
Personally I wouldn't mind teaching but just thinking about my highschool physics class, I'd pass.
I would much prefer to have a teaching job at a technical college than a highschool.
>>
>>38740182
shit man i'm in a similar boat
i might end up in this path too, already did an internship at an elementary school
best of luck anon, good to hear there's more of us out there
>>
teaching is like prison you have to assert dominance
my favorite teacher growing up used to throw shit around and shout at kids and as such had a fearsome reputation.
but this was really just an act and he was actually a mellow guy when you earnt his respect.
>>
>>38740182
You're right fucked. You've probably got some shit state assigned rubric, a subpar textbook, and a practical annual budget of $145 for supplies.

Find out if your evaluations ate going to be performance based ASAP, because if they are, you need to have your students stand for lecture, or half of them are going to fall asleep. If they aren't, put together a comfy powerpoint, and let those fuckers snooze their way into summer school.

Rely on youtube videos as much as possible. It's a format most kids are familiar with. Be sure to watch the video at least twice while putting together your lesson plan. Once you check for relevancy, and the second time to gather time indexes where you can integrate course material, or ask comprehension or critical thinking questions.

Most of all, make sure you're working on speaking loudly and clearly now. Most rookie teachers get their voice BTFO by the second week. Focus on facing the class to speak to them until your voice gains some more durability. Talking into a whiteboard takes a lot more effort than you'd think to carry your voice to the back of the room.

If you're given regular lab access, burn shit whenever possible.
>>
>>38740580
it's the power thing mostly, neets need to feel in power
>>
Have sex with your favorite student.
>>
>>38740580
>>38740878
What compelled you to completely ignore the OP's posts you fucking autists?
>>
>>38741013
hello op

origami
>>
File: why.png (19KB, 214x210px) Image search: [Google]
why.png
19KB, 214x210px
>>38738938
>browses /r9k/
>teaches the youth
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
this is what is wrong with the world
>>
>>38740878
if you aren't naturally an alpha teaching is the worst job; kids will walk all over you. i tried subbing for a little while and just getting the kids to shut the fuck up was tough sometimes. i would just end up quietly seething while i write down the names of the disruptive kids for the teacher half the time. maybe it's different when you're their regular teacher and have time to get to know them and earn their respect. doesn't help that the school district here thought it was a good idea to give all the kids ipads which they just play shitty games on instead of doing anything productive with them. those little fuckers
>>
>>38740878
NEET here, I do desire some semblance of control over my life, but I would in fact prefer not to have any power over other people. I don't want to be responsible for anything, and this includes other people.

As for OP, I just have one thing to say. PLEASE, for the love of god, don't force your students to do group work. Or if you do, at least choose the groups yourself rather than letting the students form them.
>>
>>38741157
>don't force your students to do group work. Or if you do, at least choose the groups yourself rather than letting the students form them.
very much this, i hated having to do groups because im an autist and hated it even more when we had to pick group ourselves, because i would be the only person left with no group...
>>
>>38741013
I hope you won't call your students autists too you autistic fuck. Don't poison the minds of our youth.
>>
>>38741157
>don't force your students to do group work
PLEASE IM A FUCKING WANKER AND I CANT WORK IN GROUPS
ERIRIRIRI
I ALWAYS FEEL BAD FOR THE PEOPLE I GET PAIRED WITH DONT FUIFDIFIKKFUCKING DO IT
>>
>>38740705
Not sure if I want to be that guy but not sure if I can afford to not be that guy.

>>38740711
Thanks for the tips.

>>38741089
Not me.

>>38741157
Oh I know, I'm not going to be one of those teachers.
>>
>>38738938
Hey look, a fellow teacherbot.

t. foreign language teacher
>>
>>38740182
man I just barely got out of 12th grade

intergenerational 4chan
>>
>>38741408
My grandfather was a music teacher. One major piece of advice fron his teaching is to always have a witness when being around students. He had 2 of his teaching aids get locked up due to claims of abuse. So whenever he gave punishment, he made sure there was another teacher around just in case. This was years back even before we had scandals about this in NZ, but it never hurts to be safe annon. Females get off free, males not so much.
>>
OP, are you still a virgin?
>>
>>38738938
Come on Ebin, let's go back to our containment thread
>>
File: 1496162395656.gif (313KB, 540x561px) Image search: [Google]
1496162395656.gif
313KB, 540x561px
>>38741477
What language/grade do you teach?

>>38741641
I'll keep it in mind.

>>38741796
Nah man, us physics majors got laid all the time.

Yes, I'm still a virgin.
>>
>>38741886
If you're going to date a student, wait until she graduates.
>>
OP how hard is getting a degree in physics?
>>
>>38742130
It's pretty hard, not only because of the subject matter but because a bachelor's in physics just isn't good outside of a couple of jobs and even then teaching is the only career option where it's easy to get a job with just a bachelor's. I didn't find it that hard though but I actually like physics because I'm autistic. If you don't want to be a teacher then it's get a masters/PhD or get the fuck out pretty much, you have to REALLY like physics.
>>
>>38740391
Good taste in anime girls my nigga.
>>
>>38742475
>teaching is the only career option where it's easy to get a job with just a bachelor's
Why is that, are there not many physics teachers?
>>
>>38742687
Money vs. the effort I guess. All teachers are paid the same regardless of subject in most areas of the US. So an English teacher or a PE teacher gets paid the same as a Math or a Physics teacher. You can already see why this is a problem. Obviously, some degrees are harder than others and Physics is too much work for the reward of getting paid the same as an English major. If you want to be specifically a teacher, then that's a pretty big demotivater to want to be a STEM related teacher.

As a result, people either don't major in Physics or they put in the extra effort and get a better higher paying job so there just isn't very many Physics teachers. There is a ridiculous amount of job openings in my area for them, it's pretty crazy.
>>
>>38741886
keep posting those anime girls pls
>>
>>38742894
>All teachers are paid the same regardless of subject in most areas of the US. So an English teacher or a PE teacher gets paid the same as a Math or a Physics teacher.
What the fuck is this communist shit? Why is this allowed?
>>
>>38738938
you do fine
t.language teacher that taught jap/thai kids
>>
>>38743016
Teaches unions are a bitch.
>>
>>38740580
Because they want to fuck the shit out of cute 14 year olds.
>>
>>38741886
I'm actually an adjunct at a community college in the city I live in and I teach first-year Spanish courses. You'd be surprised how adults struggle with simple grammatical mistakes in not only Spanish, but their (presumed) native language, English.
>>
do teachers have cliques? are there "loser" teacher groups and former "chad/stacy teacher" groups?
>>
>>38741886
Will you find it weird that the majority of your students all ready had sex and you're a virgin?
>>
i'm thinking of majoring in history so I can become a teacher
how fucked am I?
also if I get my teacher's certificate, can I for example move to Japan and study English there?
>>
>>38744263
You just need a degree to teach in japan
>>
>>38744071
Anywhere where there is a large enough "social system" this always happens. Maybe not as extreme as in high school, but it does happen.
>>
How do I have sex with high school girls without becoming a teacher?
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.