[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here recovered from severe depression? Or do you just

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: depression.jpg (13KB, 260x397px) Image search: [Google]
depression.jpg
13KB, 260x397px
Anyone here recovered from severe depression? Or do you just have to learn to live with it
>>
>>38730369
its a combination of both, my depression used to be really bad in college and worse when I went home for summers and holidays. What helped is time devotion to hobbies and improvements in living scenario and income.

Also a reminder that if you're depressed, a woman will not make you happy.
>>
>>38730369
The best you can do is keeping your mind preoccupied with things that you actually enjoy or at least give a shit about.

Or you can meet some new people and be yourself...lol jk
>>
File: 1500344112424.png (274KB, 763x773px) Image search: [Google]
1500344112424.png
274KB, 763x773px
>>38730369
not sure if i could call myself severely depressed in the past but whatever

it gets better sometimes but it never goes away completely

and it isn't exactly hard to fall back into the pit again
>>
>>38730399
Daily sex would make me really happy anon. Also what hobbies are you talking? I'm just going to the gym but that's not enough of my time.
>>
>>38730369
It never goes away but you can get really REALLY good at being ok 99% of the time.

Then something goes wrong and you're suddenly pulling suicide fantasies out of nowhere.

You really have to surround yourself with stability and take no risks.
>>
>>38730399
>Also a reminder that if you're depressed, a woman will not make you happy.

thats.... really something I needed to hear today. everything can get so skewed
>>
how do you know if you're depressed?

i think i just have an avoidant personality. to me, everything people say and do is stupid and makes me cringe unless it's something educational.

i look at my Youtube subs. it's all educational if not ASMR, every single thing.

i feel like i can't be entertained by other people. what is the point of other people? if you don't want to use anyone for help or entertainment, they have no purpose other than economy that I need because i'm forced into it.

if i had my own land, i could just have complete subsistence and wouldn't need to talk to another person ever again, only in trade and teaching.
>>
>>38730427
I don't even want to have sex at all let alone daily, feeling how I do almost every waking moment just makes me want to be alone.
>>
>>38730427
when my depression was at its worst I was getting laid daily

I'm getting laid now, just less often, maybe a couple times a month and (at risk of sounding like a sap) its been more meaningful

I follow e-sports, PC games and hardware, cook almost every night, read, and do projects around my house. Haven't exercised regularly since around November of last year outside of taking care of my yard, about an hour a week.
>>
It's like being an alcoholic.
Except instead of beer you must fear feels.
And good luck quitting that.
>>
>>38730369
Never being able to ditch this mental state is what terrifies me the most
>>
>>38730574
>censored part
>me not trying to reach thru my screen and choke you until my fingers break
WEW LAD.

And those aren't hobbies. Those are basic activities. I was hoping for something legit, anon, yet you proved a most basic of normies. Sad, many such cases.

>>38730562
No speak englando?
>>
>>38730399

Agree with this. I've come out of constant suicidal thoughts etc, but ultimately I think if you're prone to it (like I am) then it's always going to be there to some extent.
>>
>>38730399
Where to start if too depressed to seek employment, but need employment to seek treatment for depression?
>>
>>38730369
I feel as if my depression isn't so bad anymore, but I have never been able to get rid of the intense fatigue that comes with it. I'm always exhausted, regardless of what I do. I exercise, I'm exhausted. I sit at home all day, I'm exhausted. I sleep 2 hours, 8 hours, 14 hours, I'm exhausted.

I can usually force myself to do the things I need to do these days though.
>>
>>38731157
You don't. I've never really understood this meme, I don't see how being employed would help underlying problems, yes it could help keep your mind off things but for me personally...

Having to get out of bed every day and have my time predetermined by a work schedule, working a job I don't enjoy and getting paid a minuscule amount would just about be enough for me to blow my brains out.
>>
>>38730369
Sort of. But a full recovery is almost impossible. When I least expected I find myself playing with suicidal thoughts, and making suicide plans that I will never carry because I'm somewhat alright most of the time.

Depression never heals completely unless with was triggered by very specific circumstances. Antidepressants + therapy helps.
>>
>>38730369
I have accepted it and live with it. Giving up was the best thing I have done. It's relieving.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.