[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

How bad is it to still be living with your parents once you're 20+
>>
>>38725710
I moved out when I was 23. That isn't late or early
>>
We talking about what society thinks or how we personally feel. I'm 26 and live with my parents.
>>
>>38725770
Personally will be nice. I'm pretty sure it's considered to be embarrassing in society.
>>
>>38725710

Living on your own is expensive. If you haven't gone to college or learned some valuable trade skill by the time you're 18 or 20 then you kind of have to live with your family unless you have friends that are willing to let you live with them despite you only having a minimum wage job.
>>
>>38725799
I live in Australia.
Unless I find other people to move in with or earn $60k a year or find a shack in the middle of no-where I'm not renting.
Don't even ask about buying, that's +$100k/y
>>
>>38725799
It's pretty ok I guess, but I suppose it varies from person to person. I have a great relationship with my parents so it's not like my dad shakes his head every time he looks at me or something. I'm tempted to just rent a room somewhere but at this point they are the only ones that push me to do better.
>>
File: 1498141790832s.jpg (2KB, 125x103px) Image search: [Google]
1498141790832s.jpg
2KB, 125x103px
If this were the 80s or something I would say quite bad actually.
But in today's market it's actually dumb to leave your pham at all costs, especially if you're forced to:

>co-rent with another 3-4 people
>waste most of your wage on rent, essentially working mostly for free
>>
>>38725710
Depends entirely on the country
in america they expect you to move out straight out of high school because college, but in australia it's much more mixed and while some do get an apartment or uni accomodation, people aren't ashamed to mention that they live with their parents because a lot still do. Some families make their kids pay rent for living at home once they start working because bills and shit
>>
>>38725799
Lots of people live with their parents for their college years so long as they attend an in-state college. Even in many other circumstances people can find themselves living with their parents into their early 20s, but capable people with stable income overwhelmingly seem to like their independence and move out by at least their mid 20s.
There are also a lot of ways that people can end up staying at their parents' place (in order to save money, if they dont feel pressured to leave, if they have good relations with their parents, etc), so I personally dont like to judge. If you are a cool dude and you are willing to explain your situation, I doubt people would be too harsh on you, anon.
>>
its fine. I'm 21 and am saving to move out in 7 (?) months. living at home makes it SO much easier to save for things. its a great safety net.
>>
>>38726055
It's that I am currently attending college, but the thought of having to live on my own is pretty frightening and I enjoy the comfort of being able to live with my parents. I just wanted to hear how other people feel.
>>
considering the state of the housing market (in the uk where i live) it's not uncommon for people to be even as old as 30 and still living with their parents. nothing wrong with it if you get along with them anyway, i'm 20 and live with my mum and siblings and i enjoy living with them we get along really well
>>
File: 1.jpg (51KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
51KB, 1024x576px
>>38725710
>turning girls
>>
>>38726247
It was a very fun show!
>>
>>38725710
Do you want to ruin yourself financially?
Do you prefer to have your own room or just your own home the same size as your room was?

If your answer to both was yes, you should feel bad, if not, you are doing the smart thing.
>>
>>38726783
>Do you prefer to have your own room or just your own home the same size as your room was?
this isn't a yes/no question
>>
>>38726389
thanks for showing me this anime OP I love it
>>
>>38727288
You're welcome! I'm glad you enjoyed this!
>>
I'm glad im Asian and nobody cares that Asian people stay home for as long as they want.
>>
>>38727318
That's not true, I'm asian but my family want me to get out of the house during my free time instead of staying indoors all the time.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.