[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you remember/look back on the early 2000s now?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: casualty of society.jpg (21KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
casualty of society.jpg
21KB, 500x334px
How do you remember/look back on the early 2000s now?
>>
I try not to think about what I experienced in those times.
>>
File: 4349349.jpg (8KB, 194x259px) Image search: [Google]
4349349.jpg
8KB, 194x259px
tamagotchis, tekken, ren and stimpy. Good times
>>
that was my childhood so I miss it and wish I could go back to being a little kid burning just nostalgic I guess
>>
Homestarrunner, invader Zim, GBA, GameCube, ps2, adult swim
>>
*I'm just nostalgic
>>
I miss when everything on the radio was good. I miss the internet not feeling as crowded as it does today and the feeling of experiencing something unique and personal when going on it. I miss when most games were actually enthralling and exciting to me and could actually hold my attention. I miss when most movies seemed really good.
>>
>>38723430
There was still a fuck ton of terrible music on the radio.
The internet was better. The chan was definitely better. I remember raiding webcams with many other tards trying to make the whores cry.

Games back then did far less hand-holding. There are still some quality games coming out but they are few and far in between.
>>
for me its when rock music died and before i got onto the internet.
>>
>>38722515

Spending night/day playing pool with my Belgium nigga, gamegore.

Soulseek
Liquid generation
Enjoying life.
>>
>>38723287
what's the point of being so wealthy when you're so sick it's obvious, and one sip of alcohol will kill you, he ruined his life
>>
>>38723527
>There was still a fuck ton of terrible music on the radio.
Yeah, that's true. But around 2007 everything I liked seemed to disappear from the radio. I've seen this discussed on 4chan before and younger people seem to think the radio was shit up until that point. But all the rock seemed to be replaced with electronic pop music which just sounded like shit to me. The usual garbage hip hop, rap and R&B remained.

>Games back then did far less hand-holding.
Games seemed to get much easier once people realised there was money in them. /v/ going on about casualisation endlessly after the wii, 360 and ps3 were released.
>>
>>38722515
it hurts
sum 41 back then was so fucking god
childhood defining for me
they suck now
>>
File: fp-1366916170.jpg (50KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
fp-1366916170.jpg
50KB, 600x400px
>>38722515
I keep seeing pictures of deryck whibley/sum 41 being posted in accompaniment with nostalgia threads. Have he and his band become the ultimate robot symbol for the more carefree days of our childhood?
>>
>>38723673

It's kinda funny that you bring up 2007 since I think /v/ has a timeline that shows that 2007 was the year that geek culture became cool which caused a lot of women to get into these geeky things. Not sure about music though
>>
>>38724021
>tfw still waiting for this world to stop hating
>tfw can't find a good reason
>tfw cant find hope to believe in
>>
>>38723673
As someone who's obsessed with music, it does seem that the mid-00s was the last time that "rock" (eg post punk revival like Bloc Party, Franz Ferdinand, Interpol etc) was as/or more popular than "beats" (eg hip hop like Jay Z, Dr Dre, 50 Cent etc)

It's strange to think that Nirvana and Smashing Pumpkins in the 90s and Motley Crue and Guns n Roses in the 80s etc were Top 10 bands.

Beginning in the late 00s you had stuff like Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga, Kanye West, Katy Perry, Beyonce etc take over, as well as hip hop as a mainstream interest.

Really good rock bands still exist, like Last Dinosaurs, Now Now, Salvia Palth, etc but they're much more obscure and they're lucky if they have a 2 or 3 million YouTube views, as opposed to the hundreds of millions of views that Sia or Kendrick Lamar or The Chainsmokers get.
>>
>>38724071
It's pretty sad what did happen to him though. I'm glad the dude is still alive.
>>
>>38724103
Indie really started to get popular too. It'd be nice to have more energy in pop music again
>>
File: Rivers_Cuomo_7.jpg (29KB, 470x554px) Image search: [Google]
Rivers_Cuomo_7.jpg
29KB, 470x554px
>>38724103
As much as I hate the "le born in wrong generation meme" I really wish I could have been alive to see the days when nirvana were reaching their zenith, when weezer first hit the scene. That kind of thing. I feel cheated desu, and I hate that I feel this way.
>>
>>38724138
>>38724158
I just wish more people loved the music I liked, it must've been super easy to meet people in 1994 who loved Nirvana or Bjork or Sonic Youth, but meeting someone who likes current indie bands seems impossible, if I notice a girl "likes" Salvia Palth on FakeBook I go into crush mode no matter what she looks like, I just want someone to listen to my vinyl copy with me in my room lel
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.