[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who else fell for the stem meme

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: phd.jpg (35KB, 800x340px) Image search: [Google]
phd.jpg
35KB, 800x340px
>fell for the STEM meme
>realize in my senior year the important things to study are philosophy and literature
>too late to switch majors
>will never be erudite
>>
>>38720644
at least you can still read them whenever you want.
>>
I thought those busts were chicken tenders
>>
>>38720644

So you basically want to spend your entire life in leisure, studying philosophy and literature?

It seems like an activity you could do perfectly well while on vacation, or in your other free time.
>>
>>38720682
he'll never truly understand them
>>
>>38720682
yeah you can also learn STEM at the library for $2 a month.
>>
>>38720698
>you don't understand something unless you take a college course on it
And here I thought expecting a job was the height of falling for the college meme.
>>
>>38720757
autodidacts rarely come to truly understand a subject, they fall victim to either an excessively small frame of focus or common misconceptions

check out /lit/ if you don't believe me
>>
>>38720757
bullshit argument.
Tell someone you learnt STEM at the local library, they laugh in your face, on 4chan and elsewhere.

But on the contrary, STEM cultureless idiots like to believe that they can grasp philosophy as well as a college graduate just by going to the library.

Fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>38720644
>tfw virtual reality is really cool
>tfw without stem scientists it wouldn't be possible

Thank you!

In math ! might be factorial...
>>
>>38720821
>autodidacts rarely come to truly understand a subject, they fall victim to either an excessively small frame of focus or common misconceptions

>"Actually reading a book doesn't make you understand it, because the words on the page aren't important! What's important is what I say about the words on the page, even though I didn't write it and don't know the guy who did."

t. academic parasite
>>
>>38720917
thats a STEM mindset

there is much more to understanding and appreciating literature than repeating what you read verbatim
>>
>>38720949
STEM dummies think /lit/ students get degrees just for reading novels.
>>
>>38720851
Well, local libraries won't have the equipment of a lab. Not sure what a philosophy course offers that a library and Internet access doesn't have.
>>
>>38720996
- sure you can reduce STEM to the elite of the lab researchers who do actual research. In most cases they just learn to sole ready-made problems, never questioning anything they're taught.
- consider that every STEM discovery is actually published in books or journals. The only thing missing is the lively process of discovery. Well, same for philosophy. Every discovery can be found in a book. But you won't meet the right people, won't read the right books, won't participate in actual research on the most heated debates of the day.
>>
drop the math, it's not part of science technology and engineering
>>
>>38720864
! is indeed the factorial function. If you're typing in spanish and you use an upside down !, then what you have is the subfactorial, which represents the number of derangements of a set.
>>
>>38720973
/lit/ students get degrees for writing papers about novels that their professors will never read.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.