[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Accepting Loneliness

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: 1498929708218.jpg (23KB, 480x341px) Image search: [Google]
1498929708218.jpg
23KB, 480x341px
Failed normie here. Lost all my passion for things a while back and tried to transcend from cyborg into full normiedom. That was a bust, so...

How do you do it robots? How do you live with the loneliness?
>>
>>38714494
I never felt it. Back when I was in school I wanted women for sex, but when I found out you had to interact with them socially to get said sex I lost interest entirely.
>>
>>38714543
how the fuck did you think sex worked
>>
>>38714543
So what do you do with your time then? Oreganno
>>
>>38714576
I thought you could just ask them for it.
>>
>>38714580
I work on my hobbies. I used to program a lot, but now I make things out of wood and metal. I occasionally watch anime and play video games.
>>
File: sad.jpg (68KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
sad.jpg
68KB, 640x480px
Your hobbies/passions are what frees you from loneliness. Become the best you possibly can at them and take no break. Otherwise, you will become lonely once again.
>>
File: e45.png (262KB, 574x324px) Image search: [Google]
e45.png
262KB, 574x324px
>>38714494
By posting "tfw no gf" threads on chinese imageboards
>>
>>38714723
"Hobby" is such a boomer-tier gayword. Makes me think of model trains and stamp collecting. It's better to have an obsession than a hobby.
>>
>>38714621
>>38714723

I lost passion for my hobbies once I realized they were merely distractions for the loneliness I feel and that in many ways I was just channeling my social desires through them. Also this pic >>38714723 sounds miserable
>>
>>38714810
Loneliness is a distraction from your true purpose. Any animal can find a mate and reproduce; great men suppress this instinct to achieve their goals. See: Newton, Tesla, Hitler.
>>
>>38714867
Horseshit. by that logic achieving goals is a distraction from loneliness
>>
>>38715024
Are women that valuable to you? Why?
>>
Everything is a distraction from death. Seek gnosis.
>>
>>38715205
When did I specifically mention women?
>>
>>38714494
it's not so bad you get used to it
>>
File: chechecheche.png (136KB, 237x395px) Image search: [Google]
chechecheche.png
136KB, 237x395px
the only people that can withstand loneliness are either born with it or are molded since childhood from outside influences to deal with it.

I'll tell you now, you will go running back to the company of others just to be hurt again, and It ain't fun.
loneliness eats at your outlook and in worse conditions your mental health, and you will be scouring for quick fixes (drugs, alcohol, 24/7 entertainment) to distract you from the greater issue (lack of connections with others)
but to answer your question, How I do it is a combination of quick fixes and building a bizarre fantasy world where I draw clowns and think up of cool mime names and imagine how they interact in the world I created for them.
it's really autistic but a great distraction
>>
>>38716055
I think I have a similar coping mechanism (dreaming up fantasy worlds and crafting different narratives)
>>
File: 64y.jpg (94KB, 500x565px) Image search: [Google]
64y.jpg
94KB, 500x565px
>>38716176
yeah it's pretty common, though in my world I don't particularly exist.
I don't self insert myself as anyone either, if anything am a spectator that just watches, I feel as though this is me also distancing myself from people (even thought it's just a fantasy) because am deathly afraid of being hurt/rejected/shunned by others.
>>
File: sawyer-spence-1.jpg (185KB, 1135x845px) Image search: [Google]
sawyer-spence-1.jpg
185KB, 1135x845px
>>38714494
>tfw moved to a different state at age 6
>thought "eh its okay i didnt have that many friends anyway"
>get to know local community in new state, make friends, get into some fights but no big deal
>eventually 10 years pass and i'm in high school with friends ive known for years, a steady social circle, and this one girl ive always wanted to ask out who lives right by me
>move to a different state
>have to start all over
>its still high school so its not that difficult to make friends, but nothing that is as long lasting as my original high school
>graduate with a diploma and a somewhat tight knit group of friends ive known for 3 years
>move to a different state
>college, same thing except its much much harder to make friends because everyone is distant and already knows each other
>make absolutely no friends
>graduate
>move to yet another different state
>lost contact with everybody
>the thought of establishing friendships sickens me because i know i will never have a childhood friend to rely on or a high school sweetheart to talk to
>feel okay with loneliness because all it takes is a job offer for my dad and i have to push the reset button on my life again
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.