[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

help me program

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: SLSWZcO.jpg (46KB, 649x718px) Image search: [Google]
SLSWZcO.jpg
46KB, 649x718px
how2into programming as an unskilled NEET? pls respond
>>
>>38714346
first, you have to tell us what programming language you are trying to learn
>>
>>38714361
the easiest one to make some bux, i just don't want to live like this anymore
>>
Brokebot here
need to find a language to choose before i try to attain money like OP

>>38714346
>>
>>38714386
depends on where you live. Some places are shitholes for javascript jobs, while others pay 10x the amount.

Some places, python/ruby doesn't exist while others it's booming.
>>
> Move to Russia
> Try and get as high up the chain of command as you can
> Have a positive opinion of Trump
>BOOM instant Programming genius capable of hacking the American election
>>
>>38714413
ok the top 2 in demand near me are python and java, so can i just meme my way into a job with enough work ethic?
>>
>>38714413
>>38714346
Why not start him off with C#? It's generally everywhere, powerful, community strong and is useful to know before learning other languages like java.
>>
>>38714527
You actually have to know what you're doing, though. You'll also need bare minimum social skills and most likely reasonable transportation.
>>
>tfw most programming jobs in my area not only require a BA degree in Computer Science (or equivalent), but also 5 YEARS of experience too.
I've seen some entry level software engineer jobs that only require 2 years of experience, but still. How the fuck does someone gain the experience in the first place if every workplace requires you to have experience.
>>
>>38714542
isn't that a non beginner friendly language?
>>
>>38714632
You're thinking of C++. C# is fine to start with. You could even try out HTML + CSS and do web development from home.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (75KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
75KB, 1920x1080px
>>38714346
Anon I've spent a long time intellectually contemplating this question, and the answer won't make you happy. Programming is an art form, one of the purest most beautiful art forms that exists in the world today on par with mathematics and physics. It is like poetry with executable meaning. The output of the art of programming is not a noun, it is a verb - an action - an exertion of will upon the universe itself

Through your poetry you can manipulate energy and matter to do your will - it becomes an extension of your consciousness, a manifestation of the self which comes in the form of a set of CPU instructions.

As such it needs to be taken seriously. This is a serious art for serious people. You need to learn the philosophy behind it. The math behind it. The history behind it. The linguistics behind it.

Here is your path anon
>Learn to program in a shitty language
>Forget everything you know and learn how to program in another language
>Learn C
>Learn assembly and its machine code encodings
>Write an assembler in assembly
>Write an assembler in C
>Write a toy programming language interpreter in C
>Write a toy programming language compiler in C using multiple different calling types
>You are now qualified to call yourself a C programmer
>Learn C++
>Learn C++ Template Metaprogramming
>Write a C compiler in C++
>Write a C++ compiler in C++
>Write a Java Virtual Machine (JVM) in C++
>Write a virtual machine host in C and assembly
>Write a distributed filesystem in C
>Write a distributed computational cluster framework in C++
>Write a distributed caching compilation cluster in C++

You are now a babby programmer
>>
File: 56a.jpg (36KB, 557x519px) Image search: [Google]
56a.jpg
36KB, 557x519px
>>38714905
thanks brobot i will follow these instructions to the t
>>
>>38714346
watch tutorials on youtube working on minor projects until you become better
t. offir.harrosh
>>
>>38714542
>>38714632
>>38714740

c# is my fucking waifu
if i didn't shit out so many lazy scripts that are easier to set up with python i'd probably spend my days ejaculating into visual studio
>>
>>38714905
What horrible advice. Do not follow this, he's just trying to jerk you around
>>
>>38714905
That was beautiful man, like poetry
>>
File: chad.png (62KB, 251x302px) Image search: [Google]
chad.png
62KB, 251x302px
don't fall for the programming meme

theres nothing to program but websites but thats not even real programming

you can't just program software and sell it either , you gotta market that shit. Everythnig is free and SaaS now, meaning you gotta work at a company in a team to ever be able to compete. Thats right you gotta reintegrate into society, do interviews and socialize, might as well get a job at the grocery or some other robot job.

I guess you can try to make an indie game, but on top of knowing how to code effeciently theres an insane amount other stuff to do to actually create a working gmae.

contrary to what most people think programming isn't for introverts, it used to be but ever since nerds setup the infrastructure to code in the 90's chad and staceys can easily get into it. We all know Chad spends more time socializing and getting laid with Stacey than programming but he still gets the paycheck cause he makes everybody happy without knowing how to code, its no wonder why software is shit nowadays.
>>
>>38716338
Please OP just pretend this post doesn't even exist, it's retarded

You can work remotely for companies. Programming IS for introverts, you go off into your office and program for 8 hours a day communicating for design decisions only

Websites are hard to program if they're sufficiently complicated. Front-end is all the morons like this guy sees, but for any large website there is a massive amount of data processing and serving going on which requires complexity, as well as complex AI to make decisions and target ads etc.
>>
>>38716338
my computer science class is full of spergs. all the smart attractive people go for engineering.

all this might be different in the actual workspace.
>>
>>38716338
studying CS in uni's and I 100% agree
normalfags get all the intern spots and get great positions while robots are fucked because of their low social skills so they're stuck in some pajeet tier position, coding 12 hours a day in javascript or php
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.