[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do people actually enjoy the taste of beer or is it just a meme?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: 100_3422.jpg (270KB, 1144x1600px) Image search: [Google]
100_3422.jpg
270KB, 1144x1600px
Do people actually enjoy the taste of beer or is it just a meme?
>>
Some taste good. Most beers do not. Everyone wants to get drunk though.
>>
>>38713092
Some beer is okay, but most are shit.
All craft beer is garbage.
>>
File: photo-705982.jpg (108KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
photo-705982.jpg
108KB, 720x960px
>>38713092
I do.

A nice Rickards Red and some hot buffalo wings are a delight together.
>>
There are inoffensive beers, but none of them are actually good. People condition themselves into liking it. Those who claim to love it from the first taste are liars who let social norms control their brain

Just keep drinking and you'll like it eventually
>>
As someone who's been drinking it for years, this was my progression over time.

>wtf is this shit, it's the taste equivalent of a virgin's conversation skills
>i hate this, but it makes me drunk
>I don't like this, but it makes me drunk
>this isn't so bad
>hey, citrus ales taste pretty good. The dark ones are nutty and cofee like
>this tastes like liquid bread, not bad actually

It's an acquired taste.
>>
Tried some in college. Basically held the glass for while took a few sips. Could not do it.
>>
>>38713165
>All craft beer is garbage.
I hate you for this. But this is your opinion and i respect that
>>
>>38713092
Sometimes beer tastes really good but mostly no. Kinda like sometimes my mouth starts watering thinking about the taste of vodka and then it tastes good for a while.
>>
>>38713264
Prove me wrong.
I think a few craft breweries maybe have one beer of their vast catalogs worth mentioning but out of the tens of thousands of different beers out there, most are truely garbage.
>>
File: IMG_5805.jpg (141KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5805.jpg
141KB, 960x960px
Real men drink women's drinks. Beta fuckbois who're insecure drink shitty tasting drinks.
>>
>>38713165
>>All craft beer is garbage.

That's a shitty opinion, not because it's wrong (it is), but because it shows how much you're missing out.
>>
Also, mixed drinks are much more tolerable. I can tolerate all the alcohol I can drink as long as I mix it with dr. pepper
>>
>>38713296
Honestly this. Only faggots get insecure drinking those.
>>
dark beer is really comfy desu
the regular or light stuff tastes like garbage but it's bearable if you're not drinking it alone
>>
>>38713290
how the fuck am i gonna prove you wrong? am i supposed to tell you i drank a craft beer recently and liked it?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>38713296
>tastes like pedialyte mixed with cough syrup
>massive headache afterwards

No thanks
>>
>>38713308
https://www.beeradvocate.com/community/members/justlikemydad.981535/

I'm always sinking money into trying these things and they never get good. Even the highest rated ones are trash.

At least Whiskey tasting is diverse. All craft beer is the same.
>>
>>38713092
I like darker beers and I liked them since the first time I drank them. Pale ales taste like shit to me no matter how much I try them.
>>
>>38713329
you stupid? faggots tend to drink those more often than beer
>>
>>38713386
Maybe you just don't like beer in general? Although you do seem to favor stouts.
>>
>>38713092
It's an acquired taste, much like smoking. You get used to it after a while and then start to have preferences about which beers you drink.
>>
>>38713386
sounds like you dont like beer
>>
>>38713555
I need more porters in my life, if the stout has a coffee taste to it i like it, too much chocolate and it's gross, since I hate chocolate.
>>
>>38713140
This

Alcohol is alcohol. Some people can't really handle drinking liquor straight, and some just like the taste of beer.
>>
>>38713092
Beer tastes pretty good when you've grown out of non-alchoholic sweet drinks
>>
I wish there were more craft beers that weren't just DUDE HOPS LOL
>>
>>38713593
Depends, I really like English/Scotch ales
IPA's are just the Gin of beers, overly hopped and gross.
>>
>>38713296
I can't handle too much sweet shit or I get a mad stomach ache. Ends up ruining the night because I have to drink so much fucking water to get rid of the aching.
>>
https://www.livescience.com/47970-alcohol-taste-perception-genetics.html

Some people have a genetic predisposition to strongly dislike the taste of alcoholic beverages. Others are more inclined to like it.
>>
>>38713617
>I wish there were more craft beers that weren't just DUDE HOPS LOL

it's the beer version of open world/procedurally generated shit in video games.
>>
>>38713092
Honestly I love a nice pint of ale, it does taste genuinely nice.

I find cold lagers are usually not very nice, they have to be absolutely ice cold or you'll taste how bad they taste.
>>
>>38713092
some people do but a lot of people only drink it for the social aspect/to get drunk

>>38713296
This isnt even a woman's drink. Mixing candy with alcohol/cough syrup is a black people thing
>>
>>38713651
That reminds me of the people that can't handle cilantro because it tastes like soap.

I can't do straight liquor because I got alcohol poisoning when i was 18. Several years later, I still can't do it. I have tried a nice 12-year scotch and that was pretty great but you don't drink that stuff to get drunk.
>>
File: apple-juice-box-hi.png (43KB, 450x601px) Image search: [Google]
apple-juice-box-hi.png
43KB, 450x601px
>>38713092
I like ciders, its like big boy apple juice.
>>
>>38713719
>you dont drink that stuff to get drunk

that's where you're wrong, kiddo
>>
>>38713630
ipa's are cool sometimes.

porters n stouts are my shit tho
>>
>>38713783
Wellll, yeah, you're right.

I guess I meant to say that it isn't really a "party" drink, or you don't drink it to get plastered. Unless you're rich as fuck and can afford it.
>>
>>38713092
I genuinely like stouts, porters and english brown ales. I hate blond ales and IPAs, and lagars are inoffensive to me.

Those are the only beers I've tried. My normie acquaintances tell me that "my palate will develop" and one of them actually told me that "stouts are made for growing out of. they're very accessible." And of course, they're all hopheads and IPA fanatics.
>>
the bars around here aren't even fun to go to because everyone there just wants to talk about what you're drinking

i'm drinking to get drunk, you idiot, I don't give a fuck about overtones and mouthfeel
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.