[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else bored of literally all games? I swear games used

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 14

File: 1439413647230.jpg (152KB, 1280x1261px) Image search: [Google]
1439413647230.jpg
152KB, 1280x1261px
Anyone else bored of literally all games? I swear games used to be 10x better in 2006-2009, like WoW TBC and Wrath were best expansions ever, I couldn't play 'em enough, now that I'm a neet and I have literally all the time in the world, the games are shit and boring? Same with LoL, used to be good until season4 or season5, now it's horseshit.

Same with cs, 1.6 and source were great, csgo is fucking atrocious. The only reason I enjoy playing it is because I cheat in it.

Have all gaming companies seriously started catering to normies, making everything casual friendly so normie weekend gamers can enjoy the games?
>>
>>38709728
you grew up anon

games are for children
>>
>>38709751
Wrong. I feel like OP and just completed Might and Magic 7 recently and had a blast. Sadly, I'm running out of old games to play.
>>
Yeah they're all dull as hell. That said I'm really excited for battlefront 2, destiny 2 and star citizen.
>inb4 pleb taste
>>
>>38709751
nah fuck that, i'm still a manchild, the games have just turned to shit over the years, catering to their largest audience (casual players) makes the games shit for nolife retards like me
>>
>>38709728
try puzzle pirates, it was pretty big back in the 2000's and now they are trying to make a comeback.
https://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=206992
been at beta for about a month now soon going to be released on steam

player base is mostly 20-40 years old
>>
>>38709808
I only play Overwatch because everything else sucks ass
>>
>>38709751
if you put hours after hours into a game back in the day you were rewarded for it, now some casual nigger that logs in on weekends gets the same shit as you, it's just so unrewarding and boring. (talking about mmo's)

e.g world of warcraft, dogshit players get same gear (or even better with good rng, thx for titanforging blizzard) from m+, it's not rewarding at all to progress mythic anymore. you get a shit title that is relevant for maybe 1-2 months, and by next tier every retard has the same title as you. nothing is exclusive to the players that spend 10x more time playing the game. it's bullshit.
>>
I also stopped playing game, now I'm just stuck with osu.
rhythm games are cool
>>
>>38709862
>overmeme
kek. how do you still enjoy that?
>>
WoW has a lot of private servers, vanilla and TBC. You could try one of those?
>>
>>38709862
overwatch is filled with normies, 20% winrate mercys at diamond, idk the game isn't appealing to me unless i play with a full premade.
>>
>>38709728
>>Have all gaming companies seriously started catering to normies, making everything casual friendly so normie weekend gamers can enjoy the games?
ding ding ding

It's like movies. The big names have big overheads and produce lowest-common-denominator shit because they need huge volume to make back their enormous expenses. Anything with any requirement for significant time investment or niche interest is just plain nonviable, you need the absolute widest audience possible.

At the other end there's the "indie" (god how I hate that term) crowd. And a lot of them are really just playing the same game on a lower budget, make something simple that'll appeal to everyone, or do whatever's trendy. Why do you think there's so much of that pixelated aesthetic, and so many survival games? That's what's "in" so that's what they make, hoping that they'll be the one that hits it big.

Even the indie crowd ain't doing this for the fun of it anymore though. It's all a business, every last corner of it. Remember that spat when they tried to start charging for Skyrim mods? The mod-makers wanted it, because why give away something when you can sell it? Valve and Bethesda wanted it, because they'd each be getting a cut. Benefits everyone except the players, and really who gives a fuck about them, they're here to give us money.
>>
>>38709913
these private servers have no competition in terms of raid progression. the only reason i would play on these servers would be nostalgia, but in the long run it would be boring as well.
>>
>>38709728
>cs sourcre
>great
You almost had me there nigger, rest of your thread is valid but you are still a faggot OP
>>
>>38709910
i got 4 mates and I enjoy playing with my fag dudes
>>
>>38709966
yup, why bother wasting time and money improving WoW when hearthstone, a dogshit normiemagnet cardgame makes you more money with less effort and resources?

i wish i was a neet from 2004 to 2014. oh well.
>>
>>38709896
What's awful is that that's 100% by design. I remember a blue poster on the forums saying that Blizz explicitly didn't want to have people who spend more time theorycrafting to be better players than people who don't think about it beyond what they're shown in-game. (this was some time ago, back in WLK with regards to armor pen, I think)

Because the easier your game is the higher your sales and subscriber numbers. You have a financial incentive to make the game shittier, because the largest market segment is retards.
>>
>>38709862
That game literally died a month after it came out, now only total normalfaggots play it. It's like a shit version of TF2, and TF2 isn't even good.
>>
>>38709979
i played 1.6 competitively, never really source but in comparison css (before the 2010 update) was fucking million times better than csgo is in literally every aspect of the game. at the time i hated source, thought it was a normie casual version of cs, but if you ask me now, i would take css over csgo in a heartbeat.
>>
File: 1494652707931.jpg (65KB, 530x600px) Image search: [Google]
1494652707931.jpg
65KB, 530x600px
>>38709751
>multiplayer games like BW, Q3 to single players like CIV3, HOI3, CK2 EU4
>For children
>>
>>38710064
Civ 5 is not a game

Its life
>>
>>38709728
Are you doing something other than playing games? I can't play them all the time and stay invested, so I usually have to work to enjoy it.

Also yeah, CSGO is kinda shit. Way too slow.
>>
>>38710009
lmao yes, i remember when they removed snapshotting etc in wod, they said that they "dont want people that do research on 3rd party forums to have an advantage to those that only use the ingame tooltips" or some shit. fucking wank of a game. if some casual r/wow browsing nigger doesn't want to min/max his performance and class/spec, thats their fault and their fault alone.
>>
>>38710049
That's because cs go is that bad, cs source was equally bad and lowered the skill cap quite a bit also the fucking source engine was dogshit back then and it's still a pile of crap today.
>>
>>38710082
>Are you doing something other than playing games?

browsing 4chan, coding and logging on WoW a few times a week to raid, that's about it.
>>
File: 1495809257617-1-1.jpg (103KB, 500x383px) Image search: [Google]
1495809257617-1-1.jpg
103KB, 500x383px
I think it has something to do with overexposure, used to play 10-16h a day know back in 2008 but I can't play anything for longer than 2h now ,the past year I left all sorts of gaming for like 10 months coz of job and studies, I'm unemployed again and enjoyed playing games for 6-8h again, this sensation lasted 2 months though.

You should try different genres, I recently enjoyed playing Principle of Talos, SOMA and Nier:Automata.

Also stop playing games like LoL or CSGO, the competitive environment and the twitch pro wannabes overexposure gave everyone high standards or expectations, everyone expects everyone to be a hidden pro or match pro competitive skills, you get shit thrown at you when you try/learn something new.
>>
File: 1500989839600.jpg (167KB, 633x973px) Image search: [Google]
1500989839600.jpg
167KB, 633x973px
>>38709728

I am feeling that exact emotion rn, i got bored of legion and private server werent good anymore because richfags get anything they want, steam has been a cesspool for bad games and scummy players for as long as i can remember, it feels bad man
>>
>>38710126
>Also stop playing games like LoL or CSGO, the competitive environment and the twitch pro wannabes overexposure gave everyone high standards or expectations, everyone expects everyone to be a hidden pro or match pro competitive skills, you get shit thrown at you when you try/learn something new.

this is literally me though, every game i play i strive to be the best at it, and every game i've played seriously i've been in the top 1% (d3, WoW, cs, sc2, league of legends, overwatch)

if i see a dogshit player, i'm not gonna flame him but if he gets offended when i try to help them, or pulls the "just game bro xdd" card i sure as shit am going to flame them.
>>
>>38709728
Because now everyone care about graphics and visuals rather than storyline, plot, and gameplay mechanics. The evolution of vidya has not only stopped, but reversed into tard state. "Pretty colors hurr durr"
"I dont understand how this works/ i dont understand the story but it doesnt matter because i can now dab with my glowing clown at a lizard with two dicks hurr durr"
>>
>>38710527
People have been obsessing over graphics since the 80s, and nowadays graphics have gotten so good that there's nothing special about them anymore. And walking sims are popular now which are focused on nothing but story. And then you have various indie games that are popular for their gameplay but are lacking in graphics and possibly story too.
>>
>>38710622
The problem is that the story isn't even good in 99% of video games both mainstream and indie. So at the end of the day, what is the point in the graphics when your game isn't fun?
>>
File: ea.jpg (55KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
ea.jpg
55KB, 500x750px
>>38709782
>excited for EABF2
Does nobody remember their first attempt at raping Battlefront?
>>
>>38709728
>I swear games used to be 10x better in 2006-2009
You were younger and dumber, and therefore more easily entertained.
>>
>>38709728
I can't enjoy games. I have lost motivation to keep playing games. I have 0 hours in the last two weeks. You're probably depressed.
>>
>>38709728
I took a break from vidya for around 4 years to catch up on other hobbies like anime and books.
I really enjoy games now but idk if it's because I mostly play older games for the 5th-6th generation of consoles.
>>
>>38709751
nah, games nowadays are shit, unless you are talking about a certain turkish couple or those jews at paradox.
>>
>>38710040
B-but it has such ICONIC MOBA-style characters with LORE and PERSONALITY!!!
>>
There's plenty of good new games, I think it's just you OP.
Either you've burnt yourself out on vidya, or you just are unable to find the good ones. It's much more likely that it's the former though.
>>
File: ClffTI5VEAEyiqp.png (439KB, 1024x719px) Image search: [Google]
ClffTI5VEAEyiqp.png
439KB, 1024x719px
>Get a second hand PS3 to play the games you were hyped for as a teen
>Start 'er up
>That familiar feeling of being mildly entertained but knowing you won't bother playing the game again
I just killed the child within.
>>
>>38709728
if you got all the time in the world, games dont seem to be that fun anymore

sucks right?
>>
>>38709728
e m u l a t i o n
>>
>>38709728
play Chrono Trigger with an emulator
>>
>>38709728
>I enjoy playing it is because I cheat in it
>cheat

Neck yourself
>>
>>38711655
Godlike taste my fellow robot Chrono Trigger is the best JRPG by far, fuck lavos.
>>
Wow, playing inconsequential no risk games designed to be beaten by retards sitting on a couch for 4 hours straight becomes boring? Shit who would have thought.
>>
>>38711389
Never played it but I think they learned from their mistakes. The new one has incredible graphics and a really cool looking campaign. Watch some gameplay for it and you might change your mind.
>>
File: 1498509695781.jpg (23KB, 396x400px) Image search: [Google]
1498509695781.jpg
23KB, 396x400px
>tfw Sonic Mania in two weeks
>>
>>38711982
>EA
>learning from mistakes
If anyone should learn from their mistakes it's the customers.
>>
>>38709728
Go play some grindfest game to sink your time into.

Or learn Dwarf Fortress. The fun never ends in that game.
>>
File: m8vq4.jpg (119KB, 676x609px) Image search: [Google]
m8vq4.jpg
119KB, 676x609px
>>38712069
>Or learn Dwarf Fortress.
This is the correct answer.
>>
File: XoBL1RT.png (63KB, 850x320px) Image search: [Google]
XoBL1RT.png
63KB, 850x320px
>>38712108
I love that game. Shame about the eventual FPS death though. Multithreading when Toady?
>>
>>38712020
I basically never buy games full prices and usually just torrent whatever I can so this carries some weight. The game looks good. It looks sexy. The graphics in game are absolutely beautiful and the story looks like it had a lot of work and love put into it. I don't pre order and I never get special edition garbage but I think it'll be a lot of fun. Just watch some gameplay on youtube. I never planned on giving the game a chance until I saw how badass the gameplay looks. Also watch the story trailer. I think you'll change your tune.
>>
>>38709728
The aol neverwinter nights was better than wow (NOT TALKING ABOUT THE BIOWARE GAME).
Leisure Suit Larry 7 was the pincite of point and click adv games, I.e. The best games, with the longest journey being a close second.
Fps hit there peak with deus ex, everything else has been down hill.
>>
>>38709728
>tfw i've only played some supernintendo and nintendo 64 games because i'm poor
>>
File: Luigi.full.1424249.jpg (311KB, 800x730px) Image search: [Google]
Luigi.full.1424249.jpg
311KB, 800x730px
>>38709728
I honestly only enjoy Mario games, New Super Mario Bros., Smash bros, Mario&Luigi etc.

A non-mario game that is actually pretty good is Rocket League.
>>
>>38712482
You could get into moba crap.
>>
>>38712667
My internet is shit

oregano
>>
>>38712738
Play some singleplayer classics.
Half lifes, Portals, Borderlands,
>>
>>38712667
No. Even robots aren't autistic enough for that garbage.
>>
>>38712772
Thanks, anon. I think my computer can stand those
>>
File: 1491482478791.png (314KB, 711x664px) Image search: [Google]
1491482478791.png
314KB, 711x664px
>Everyone saying vidya is shit is either playing competitive fps, MOBA and MMOs

Really makes my QPUs align
>>
yes and im bored to death of anime and vns as well. going to take my dog for a walk then what sit in bed doing nothing for entire day probably. even my mum feels like this as well. society just sucks now. there is nothing unexplored anymore when you can just st watch someone do it on youtube

i think i need to get addicted to drugs because im so damn bored
>>
>>38709728
>Things were better back when I was a kid, it's just not the same anymore...

Every generation thinks this. Your brain changes when you become an adult and it's less stimulated by things like this.

Play the old games you used to be obsessed with. They aren't as fun either.
>>
Games being for children isn't a meme.

All games are fairly similar to another, when you've played one MMO, you've played them all. You realise you're jerking off not getting any better at the game but slowly losing your reflexes. Meanwhile your peers are doing harder things in the real world and getting more tangible and permanent benefits than your transistory status as somebody good at a video game.

Video games also have the benefit of costing little relative to the hours of entertainment they give. As an adult you don't lack money and have an excess of time, you lack time and have an excess of money.

Your brain becomes less ADD addled and you just become less drawn to how games are designed. If you want to keep playing games as an adult, maybe try tabletop gaming because while the people that play it are literally 100% losers you can at least build a real social life and have a connection to your community.

People do grow out of video games. It isn't a meme. People just can't really believe it until it happens to them.
>>
>>38709728
Play Heroes of the Storm, it's a breath of fresh air if you're super used to generic MOBAs
>>
800 games on steam, Xbone, wii u, ps4, ps3. Bored of games, can just about push myself to play 30 minuets of PUBG with friends or red orchestra 2 and thats' about it.

Nothing else in my life except work.
>>
>>38713779
>Meanwhile your peers are doing harder things in the real world and getting more tangible and permanent benefits than your transistory status as somebody good at a video game.
you're making the assumption that this shit is at bottom about social status. Who said it was?

>As an adult you don't lack money and have an excess of time, you lack time and have an excess of money.
maybe that's indicative of a problem with the way most adults choose to live their lives.
>>
File: IMG_2171.png (79KB, 272x367px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2171.png
79KB, 272x367px
>>38709728
>he cheats in csgo
You deserve your suffering
>>
>>38713779
Also when I Say "grow out of video games" I don't mean people won't say, if they're at a party, and somebody has something like mario kart setup, won't maybe play a few rounds with friends.

I mean they stop getting any pleasure from sitting alone in their room competing against people younger than them to be the champion of something especially meaningless.

Being good at a video game is easy. Being the BEST at a popular video game is insanely hard and ultimately unrewarding and you can't do it above a certain age.

Your brain changes and they're less entertaining. The magic just fades away. Adults still play games, but generally they're more social. Adulthood in a lot of ways IS a game, with a bigger playerbase and more difficulty, open-world, and ultimately is more rewarding and challenging than continuing to prove you can beat 16 year olds in first person shooters.

I remember this friend I saw who I went to school with, all of us starting to lose interest in games but still playing them socially at one point. He couldn't fucking cut it and dropped out. Then every time I saw him after that, he was showing me hearthstone or his league channel and talking about how he was going to be the next big streamer. It's really indescribable how pathetic it is to really see somebody who really failed at life chasing some bullshit adolescent dream.

When people become adults and still haven't found anything better to do with theirselves other than play video games alone in their room it's just so pathetic to see, you would do anything to not become that person. It's not that every adult I know that plays video games is a pathetic person. But if you hold the same interest in video games that teenagers do as an adult, you've probably failed at life.
>>
>>38709728
>source were great
Nope
retard
>>
>>38714025
This is possibly the gayest thing I've ever read on this site.
>>
>>38709770
Try soul reaver. Clunking controls but the gameplay is still good even after all those years.
>>
>>38709728

>cheating in a multiplayer game

I'm glad you don't enjoy those things any more. You deserve to suffer.
>>
File: 1488016781053.jpg (8KB, 251x243px) Image search: [Google]
1488016781053.jpg
8KB, 251x243px
>>38714025
>Adulthood is more rewarding and challenging than continuing to prove you can beat 16 year olds in first person shooters.
>Adulthood is rewarding
If adulthood was so rewarding, I would actually feel motivation to get better at it.
>>
>>38714025
>
I mean they stop getting any pleasure from sitting alone in their room competing against people younger than them to be the champion of something especially meaningless.

>Being good at a video game is easy. Being the BEST at a popular video game is insanely hard and ultimately unrewarding and you can't do it above a certain age.

this

i tried playing overwatch after being busy at full time work for a few months and it just lost it for me

Its not that I couldnt be good at it again, its more the fact that it would take about 5 or so days of mashing it out to get warmed up to it again and play to the best of my ability, but I dont have 5 days anymore after leaving the NEET life and once I got good at it again i'd have to quit after the weekend and go back to work, when I come back to it the next week I'll lose all the warmup I had.

Same thing happened with Dota for me. lost all my knowledge of the game after not opening it for months. I could git gud again but it would take weeks or months just to learn all the new updates, items and hero matchups that have been introduced since I left that by the time I learn it again I'll need to quit so I can focus on work.

and games are also just borning now since I got deeper into my nihilistic thoughts and outlook. I dont feel like I'm in the game anymore, the plot doesnt "matter" to me anymore. they just feel like a simulation on a flat plane of LCD.
>>
>>38714329
>I dont feel like I'm in the game anymore, the plot doesnt "matter" to me anymore. they just feel like a simulation on a flat plane of LCD.
That's not nihilism, it's just autism.
>>
File: 1.png (928KB, 723x1023px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
928KB, 723x1023px
>>38709728
I know what you mean anon. I suppose its inevitable with growing up that you lose interest in video-games, which is a shame really given that i was hoping to one day complete the Mother series and Yume Nikki though alas I can't bear to look at a game that isn't OJ (given that it requires minimal concentration). When you've got bigger priorities and responsibilities with age there's some never-ending feeling of guilt the minute you start to relax, its truly awful. What kills me is the fact that many of these current children and teenagers will grow up perceiving their video-games as masterpieces and despising newer material by the time they're in their late teens/ early twenties, nothing can be done.

Still, there's many video-games I want to complete though I no longer have the energy to touch them, feel horrible never going through with it though I'd feel bad otherwise. What's your backlog like? Got htoL#NIQ, Ikaruga, Sora, Shadow Complex etc. and I can only stand to touch Cloudbuilt for whatever reason. So what I thought I do is rack up over 1500 hours on Victoria II and now I've genuinely ran out of things to do on it, even modded it so to help me fantasize. Wish we had some sort of special chambers to play these games and let time freeze so we can do inane shit and not have to worry about it.
>>
>>38714025
>But if you hold the same interest in video games that teenagers do as an adult, you've probably failed at life.
This is /r9k/ that you're posting on, I don't think many here are in denial about that.
>>
>>38714388
How is that autism? I just dont feel any connection to games like I used to. It could be some sort of A.D.D but often i will play a game once, like play the intro and prologue then never play again. even If i like the game. I just forget about it once I've quit for the night.
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.