[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your thoughts on the hunchback of notre dame? Was it

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 10

File: IMG_1086.jpg (74KB, 313x445px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1086.jpg
74KB, 313x445px
What are your thoughts on the hunchback of notre dame? Was it escapism for ugly robots? Regardless, pic related sure does bring some extreme nostalgia...
>>
>>38701105
> Was it escapism for ugly robots?
No. if anything it showed that no matter how nice of a guy you are, girls would still choose an asshole chad over you.
>>
>>38701105
I didn't really like it. The art style felt all rigid and Europe-y.
>>
>>38701128
I thought hunchback got the girl in the movie?
>>
I actually loved it, it was my favorite disney movie
>>
It is one of the less popular works maybe that is why I missed it when I was little. I watched it a few years ago and while it is the usually quality Disney work it is very dark and lewd compared to that.

And yeah it is kinda confusing the actual "hero" didn't get the girl but I guess no little girl (the main target audience) would have believed an attractive hottie like Esmeralda would pick the gnome. With the beast it was kinda okay because he wasn't that bad looking and he turned to a handsome prince in the end.
>>
File: d-long-kiss-13.png (294KB, 920x495px)
d-long-kiss-13.png
294KB, 920x495px
>>38701170
Despite the Hunchback is the "hero" of the movie, he gets in the friendzone. There is a handsome blonde soldier who gets the puss.
>>
File: clopin.jpg (209KB, 1276x720px)
clopin.jpg
209KB, 1276x720px
What makes a monster and what makes a man?
>>
File: happyhunchback.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
happyhunchback.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>38701222
But in the end he gained something more important than some used up diseased gypsy pussy, the love of the people.
>>
File: 6yqyuwo8zxaz.jpg (53KB, 500x809px)
6yqyuwo8zxaz.jpg
53KB, 500x809px
>>38701150
You deserve a kys for this post
>>
>>38701296
... which after some time, would be forgotten, and he'd just be treated like a normal person.

So he went through all that trouble just to be treated like a person. Wew.
>>
>>38701222
Doesn't he get a gf in the sequel though? One who's actually white and not a subhuman gyp?
>>
>>38701170
He got the girl in the sequel, actually.

>>38701347
meh
>>
>>38701363
I think you may have missed the entire point sonny jim.

What the hell do you think he wanted?
>>
>>38701363
That's all he wanted, to be treated like a normal person and not a freak.
>>
>>38701296
I think it is more disturbing the movie treats him a potato who can do this and that but not love with a normal girl because it would be eeewww.
>>
>>38701378
I think he does, but the Disney direct to video sequels are terrible in general and not cannon anymore if I remember correctly.
>>
>>38701416
Elaborate please, didn't quite understand what you were saying through your typos
>>
File: d-frollo-intro-20.png (459KB, 813x602px)
d-frollo-intro-20.png
459KB, 813x602px
True robots support Claude Frollo and his quest to rid Paris of gypsy scum and get a gf. Quasimodo was just a beta orbiter. Frollo was a much more sympathetic character in the books and if you rewatch the movie he is the best character in the movie too.
>>
>>38701128
But there is always the Beauty and the Beast which shows you can be a literal monster and have a shit personality - and still get the girl as long as you are loaded and have a castle.
>>
>>38701391
I don't know but going through all that effort just to be treated the way you should have been treated to begin with minus the praise really blows. He had to actually prove that he wasn't a piece of shit just for being born the way he was. Back then it's touching but if it happened today it would be such a cuck reward lol.

You see all these deformed people on Undateables who probably do good shit which gets them praise from the people in their everyday lives, who also get treated like real people but they're not satisfied because they were never found worthy of landing a relationship with someone because of what's on the outside. Being treated like an actual person is peanuts if you're still a lonely virgin because of something you can't help. That's why the message actually blows, because instead of teaching young boys to do good things to good things because of the social rewards that they'll get from it, it's teaching them to buy into cuck mentality. They'll want to do good things just to be accepted by others, and because they think they're making a difference or whatever without actually gaining anything from it. Then when they grow up into a beta virgin they'll just be angry because they weren't more aggressive and aimed higher.
>>
>>38701347
>>38701384
Shite, wrong pic but it doesnt matter does it
>>
>>38701347
The "ONLY a Sith" makes the statement pretty much recursive.
>>
>>38701105
>>38701128
I liked the fact that it was realistic.

Stacies say it was sad that Quasimodo didn't hook up but tou know damn well that they would never have given him a chance.

>uh yeah, but we could totally be friends lol
>>
>>38701472
Sorry, english isn't my first language. What I wanted to say Quasimodo is supposed to be the hero of the movie but he is ugly so he doesn't allowed to have the girl. He can have goals, he can be nice, strong, likeable but love is forbidden for him because the girl is attractive. Just like when a girl tells a robot how good he is but not for her. When you are ugly you are a good friend but not good enough for anything beyond that.
>>
>>38701571
Only an autist autistics autism.
>>
>Adopt a fellow robot child
>teach him how to speak (use sign language in the book)
>teach him how to read
>give him clothing and food for decades
>get him a real job instead of life in a gypsy freak show circus
>rasie him as your own son
>teach him the harsh reality of life
>he is ugly and will never have a normal life
>also protect him from the harsh reality of life by giving him a comfy life in a tower
>he betrays you for a girl
>the girl isn't even his gf she is chads gf
>he threw away decades of friendship to help a roastie he isn't even fucking
>mfw
>>
>>38701609
An honest story is respectable.

I think in the original story Esmerelda was raped and everyone dies in a pit....leave it to the French kek

That would have been a hot animated rape scene though, seeing her get it forced up the shitter from a dirty old man.
>>
>>38701522
This isn't a beta weeb virgin from Ontario we're talking about here though, it's a hideously deformed man who ha liced his entire life a scary pariah in a cathedral belltower. The point of him being understood as any as other person is good enough, I think him getting cucked and moving on is an even better message, because that's definantly going to be the case for a lot of cases for someone like that. As a really ugly person myself I would much rather someone see past my looks and live me for me, than for soneone to be okay with fucking me.
>>
>>38701596
>>38701522

This desu.
Boys essentially grow up with the idea that being "liked" by people is enough, being a slave to the affection of those around them. But when puberty hits, they'll realize it's all bullshit, that they would have exchanged all the "love" of the world for the true love of a woman.
>>
>>38701609
Quasimodo was a hero and a good person. A robot is not. A robot is an angry entitled lazy jerk.
>>
File: stronger than a man.png (317KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
stronger than a man.png
317KB, 800x800px
>>38701488
I do understand his pain
>live in a gypsy ridden country
>they steal, rob and kill people left and right
>want to eradicate them
>one day meet the most beautiful 3D girl I ever saw
>she is smart, funny, beautiful
>she is a gypsy
>>
>>38701105
BACKHUMPER
>>
>>38701666
Speak english you fucking nigger
No gugle transletuu
>>
>>38701662
She doesn't owe him anything you sexist pig!

If he was truly a good person he'd enjoying helping otherd knowing that he gets nothing in return.
>>
>>38701571
>questioning Lucas
Get fucked.
>>
>>38703543
Questioning le jew*
>>
>>38701384

there's a squeal?
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.