[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>When people mourn for someone who committed suicide but all

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

>When people mourn for someone who committed suicide but all you can think of is that they are currently burning in Hell
>>
No one goes to hell until after the resurrection. Read your Bible nigga.
>>
>>38700996
No one goes to heaven either though right?
>>
>>38700996
Resurrection?
Also isn't suicide a sin?
>>
>>38700983
Lol you wish. I guess if it helps you sleep at night, just know the things you've done, god has seen that and you certainly won't be going to heaven.
>>
File: 1322282100992.jpg (33KB, 336x490px) Image search: [Google]
1322282100992.jpg
33KB, 336x490px
>hell
>real

And Santa's going to give my coal in my stocking, right?
>>
>>38701255
How would you know hell isn't real? Nobody knows what happens in the afterlife, so why is this a big deal to you?
>>
>>38701204
No one actually goes to the after life until Jesus comes back to claim them if I'm remembering correctly.
>>
File: IMG_4479.jpg (14KB, 243x207px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4479.jpg
14KB, 243x207px
>>38700996
>No one goes to hell until after the resurrection.
Uhh no you're judged immediately after you die you fucking heretic
After the Resurrection your soul is reunited with its body
>>
>>38701555
Burden of proof. What makes Hell more likely to be real than any of the other religious versions of the afterlife? It's far more realistic that your consciousness just stops existing when you die and that's it.
>>
>>38701600
>far more realistic
No it isn't. We have no idea what happens after you die. The "nothing happens" has the burden of proof like any religion
>>
>>38701580
Yeah, but I mean, you won't notice until you're conscious again.

>>38701600
Consciousness isn't realistic.
>>
>>38701621
>No it isn't.
Yes it is. Magic and religion have no basis in reality. Your consciousness is based in your brain, and when your brain dies and rots away, there's nothing left to give you consciousness anymore.
>>
>>38701673
I like how atheists always lump in magic with religion as if they have anything to do with each other.

>inb4 SKY WIZARD HURRR

How about actually read what you're arguing against so you can make valid points?
>>
>>38700983
Stop believing in this Islamic bullshit.
>>
File: 1499318488483.png (94KB, 300x396px) Image search: [Google]
1499318488483.png
94KB, 300x396px
>>38700983
>when people commit suicide but you're still alive
>>
>>38701656
hey christ chan i'm pretty sure i yelled at you a few times when i was an younger, edgier lad

anyway i was wondering if you had any advice for taking the leap of believing in something you can't prove
>>
>>38701707
You can't. Maybe you'll figure it out, maybe you won't. I have.

I can argue that there can be a God, I can use this same argument to prove that there has to be a God, but it's very long winded and I'm tired.

When you die, no matter what you believe, you know that an infinite amount of time passes. Due to the very nature of infinity, after an infinite amount of time, an infinite number of things can happen, such as an infinite being, which God is, popping into existence. Being infinite necessitates always having existed. Therefore, I believe that the concept of infinity is God. It's how science defines Him, at least.
>>
>>38701688
>an omniscient extraterrestrial being created the planet and everything on it in 7 days
>an omniscient extraterrestrial being gets sick of his creations and floods the entire planet, while a single man builds a giant boat and gets EVERY species of animal in the planet on it
>an omniscient extraterrestrial being got a human woman pregnant without having sex with her
>the son of an omniscient extraterrestrial being
conceived without sex can walk on water, turn water into wine, and feeds 5,000 people with a large meal
>the son of an omniscient extraterrestrial being
conceived without sex is also simultaneously his father(?)
WHAT MAGIC BRO WHAT DO YOU MEAN? GO TIP YOUR FEDORA YOU NECKBEARD XD
>>
>>38701673
>There's nothing left to give you consciousness
Again, a claim that requires proof, since no one has observed what happens to the consciousness after you die
>>
>>38701754
Yes, it's crazy that people from thousands of years ago told morals through stories and probably didn't understand how most of this shit worked wrote down what they could.

The story of Genesis, the first few chapters, is pretty accurate as to how this planet evolved. First there were sea creatures and plant life, then birds, then animals walking on the earth, then humans.

Yes, Jesus, being God, was born without sex.

Neckbeard.
>>
>>38701673
>says the anon who died and came back from the dead to tell the experience

Tell me, is it just pitch black, or do you actually see a light at the end of the tunnel, faggot?
>>
>When people mourn for someone who committed suicide but all you can think of is good on them
>>
>>38701764
consciousness is not something you can read or observe like an energy, it's a state of being that stops when you die or receive extreme brain trauma which is survivable because your heart/lungs are still functional
>>
>>38700983
>Not going into suicide help threads and encouraging them to do it in the rudest manner possible because you genuinely just hate suicidal people.

Anon you are not even on the first level of edge.
>>
>>38701785
So you admit that the bible is bullshit and is filled with things that are impossible (without magic,) yet you still want me to take anything you say seriously?

You're probably one of those """religious""" people who cherrypick things they agree while ignoring the majority of the text because it's morally incompatible with modern society.

I'll shove my fedora right up your ass if you don't go back to /pol/.
>>
>>38701555
Let me ask you a question. Did you suffer during the millions of years that you didn't exist yet?
You where nothing but a mass of unorganised atoms and you will become a mass of unorganised atoms again.

The state of death is identical to the state of non existance so it shouldn't be so bad. The universe will end wihtout you even noticing it.
>>
There is no biblical guarantee that just because a person killed herself, that she will automagically go to the christian hell. That's just a centuries old dogma. Who knows, if that person was a good christian and actually took part in his or her own faith, but just couldn't take this shitty life any further, God will spare some mercy on that soul.
>>
the edge in this fucking thread holy fuck
>>
>>38701961
This is not even my sharpest blade
>>
>>38701584
You're not judged until judgement day, you meme.
>>
>>38701673
>Magic and religion have no basis in reality
The conscience is fucking magic itself, there is no reason for humans to have one and there is no knowledge of how it works or why.
>>
>when people write normiebook statuses calling people that kill themselves cowards

An aunt of mine did this recently and I wanted to tel her to fuck off but didnt want her to know I'm suicidal so I didnt. Fuck her though anyone brave enough to actually pull the trigger (no pun intended) on such a final decision I respect. I have been contemplating an hero for years and I've never even attempted it I'm so indecisive
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.