[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Someone please logically disprove the karma meme

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_2376.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2376.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Someone please logically disprove the karma meme
>>
>>38699691
It's unfalsifiable, unless you're willing to accept a countless amount of anecdotal evidence without dismissing it as anecdotal evidence.
It's a pointless and stupid concept, your pattern seeking brain is searching for justice in a unfair world. This mode of thinking will never benefit you, and you should drop non-critical thought behaviors.
>>
>something bad happens and you did nothing to deserve it
"Fuck, something bad happened"
>something bad happens and you believe you did something bad to deserve it
"Must be karma"
>>
It is human nature for people to treat others in kind. For example if someone is mean to you, you are more likely mean to them, and if someone is nice to you, you are more likely to be nice to them in return. People also tend to associate with people who are similar to themselves where if someone is mean to a nice person the nice person may not even be mean back but instead avoid the other person altogether.

So while all the nice people get treated nicely and all the mean people get treated meanly, religious leaders needed a way to explain it so they came up with the religious doctrine.

I just noticed you have meme after karma. So basically why do bad things happen to good people and why do good things happen to bad people?

That's a tough one. There's the idea that all anyone cares about is money so they'll screw eachother over in order to get more. Or, all anyone cares about is themselves so, again, they'll screw eachother over since in doing so they aren't screwing themselves. There's an idea I saw in the movie Hamlet (2000):

Our wills and fates do so contrary run
That our devices are overthrown
Our thoughts are ours
Their ends: none of our own

In that there's so many competing forces in life that even if everyone had the best intentions there would still be the people get screwed over due to all the inadvertent consequences.
>>
File: 1493230148994.jpg (196KB, 780x848px) Image search: [Google]
1493230148994.jpg
196KB, 780x848px
It's a baseless claim from literal pajeets&other subhuman, so I don't know why I or anyone else should disprove what is patently falsified by reality.

I find it ironic for rationalism to have killed western religions (that never professed something as dumb as karma) only to have peasants start to adopt all sorts of eastern superstitions and pagan/pseudopagan stuff in exchange, alongside atheistic teleological fallacies.
>>
File: IMG_5800.jpg (61KB, 500x381px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5800.jpg
61KB, 500x381px
>>38699691
What's wrong, OP, afraid you're going to live your next life as a rodent or maybe an insect?
>>
Karma implies that the roadkill dog and the paraplegic deserve their fate, and that chad thundercock deserves his.
>>
>>38701512
>IMGFLIP meme
FUCKING REDDITOR DETECTED PLEASE LEAVE NOW
>>
>>38699691
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias
tl;dr You only see what supports your beliefs, not all the evidence against them.
>>
Reincarnation is definitely real and most people are going to reincarnate into a member of a really fecund species of insect. That's going to be hilarious.
>>
If such a system exists as westerners interpret it then it can be cheated.
>>
>>38701905
how so? i don't believe in it but i do not think you can cheat it
>>
File: protofascist charlatans.jpg (67KB, 622x431px) Image search: [Google]
protofascist charlatans.jpg
67KB, 622x431px
>>38701237
>It's a baseless claim from literal pajeets&other subhuman
Funny how neo-nazis say that but then turn around and use and abuse concepts like "degeneracy" or "aryans" that come straight out of Hinduism
>>
>>38701920
It's more of an /x/ discussion but if reality is possibly a computer code as physicists now claim then it would not be too outlandish to imagine some form of proxy. In fact the tradition of the scapegoat points to the possibility
>>
>>38699691
What the fuck did Christopher Reeves' son do too deserve his parents dying?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.