[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If these don't apply to you, you're on the wrong board

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: 1434022542153.jpg (146KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
1434022542153.jpg
146KB, 1080x720px
>Self-imposed social isolation
>Hypersensitivity to rejection/criticism
>Extreme shyness or anxiety in social situations, though the person feels a strong desire for close relationships
>Avoids physical contact because it has been associated with an unpleasant or painful stimulus
>Feelings of inadequacy
>Severe low self-esteem
>Self-loathing
>Mistrust of others
>Emotional distancing related to intimacy
>Highly self-conscious
>Self-critical about their problems relating to others
>Problems in occupational functioning
>Lonely self-perception, although others may find the relationship with them meaningful
>Feeling inferior to others
>In some extreme cases, agoraphobia
>Uses fantasy as a form of escapism to interrupt painful thoughts
>>
I'm glad we got that cleared up OP. I expect to see a dramatic increase in post quality starting soon
>>
All of those apply to me except I'm not sure why I avoid physical contact, it's not because I was beat, more that I'm just extremely unused to it.
>>
>>38697551
Doesn't all of that apply to just about anybody who is a person and alive?
>>
Any other avoidants with a fetish for MMF threesomes? I think I developed it as a way to allow myself to (imagine) having sex with someone with complete emotional distance. I just want to fuck some whore with some other dude and treat her like nothing but an object for our amusement.
>>
>>38697551
>>Lonely self-perception, although others may find the relationship with them meaningful
Everything except this one. What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>38697551
Most apply to me but some like avoiding physical contact and mistrust of others somewhat diminished or went away as I got older. My parents rarely hugged me when I was young and the only physical contact I had was from getting beat up. For the past 2 years though my dad has insisted that we hug right before we part ways and I've grown to be okay with it but hugging others makes me uncomfortable still.

Do papa hugs make me no longer a robot?
>>
>>38697551
Nice word for word paste from the Avoidant Personality Disorder wiki page. I actually have avpd and have read that page a bunch of times. I wouldnt be surprised if a lot of fellow robots have the disorder as well.
>>
>>38697709
This is the same with me, however my brother did hit me quite often. In high school I was forced to overcome it though when the group of people i stood near would touch me because it obviously made me very uncomfortable

>>38697744
Sure in small amounts. But feeling most of these strongly is a sign something is wrong.

>>38697775
personally: In freshman year of highschool I was always hanging out with one person. I hadn't thought much of it, or thought that we were close friends. One day he admitted he thought we were best friends. I was taken completely by suprise
>>
>>38697797

This is pretty similar to me. Parents literally never touched me, or expressed love. One day my mom told me she "wants to be the kind of family that says 'I love you'". Not that she loved me, she just wanted to be a family that said it. Pretty indicative of my families relationship, we never talked to each other, just took a family photo to prove to extended family that we were normal. Also to answer your question, no IMO.

>>38697810
Thanks anon, it used to be posted quite often but this board has changed so much. I don't even know where to go to talk to people in a similar situation anymore.

>>38697774
Not particularly, but your reasoning is pretty convincing, I just don't think I could be naked or intimate around someone. I came close to sealing the deal in high school but being close to someone physically, and emotionally made me leave and ignore them. I would never have even tried if they hadn't been obviously coming on to me
>>
>>38697810
I have social anxiety + avoidant personality disorder. I used to never understand why other robots tried to make friends.
>>
>>38697551
You literally ripped that of from AvPD's list of symptoms
>>
>>38697967
I guess it depends how you define robot, r9k is just /b/-lite these days
>>
>>38697551
>caring about isolation
>Sensitive to criticism,caring about what others think
>Self-hatred
>Highly self-conscious,again caring about what others think
>Have relationships,you are just fucking them up while others "care" for you
Sounds more like a failed normie.So what are doing here?Aside from posting threads on what the rules of your secret club should be?(yet again trying to establish social normes,just your own).Are you perhaps fishing for people like you,even though you supposedly self hate yourself?
>>
>>38698294
>Are you perhaps fishing for people like you,even though you supposedly self hate yourself?
That's the human condition, you'd need some serious mental conditions to not want to find people similar to you. To the point that you wouldn't be posting on social boards like 4chan

If the ideas you quoted are that of a failed normie, what makes someone a robot? I'd be interested in hearing your opinion
>>
>>38697551
These don't apply to me:
>Avoids physical contact because it has been associated with an unpleasant or painful stimulus
>Self-loathing
>Feeling inferior to others

But I've been in love with the same girl for five years and the self-imposed isolation is killing me, I'm always fantasizing about her too. I don't have a FB because I have no friends so I never see or talk to her.

Hope is suffering, I just wish I could forget.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnLap49gSgw
>>
>>38698508
I should have clarified "most of these" in the OP. They didn't all apply to me, but as time had gone on they have. I wish I could go outside and feel comfortable, I still drive around sometimes but if there is traffic (small town) I can't. It really sucks because I find driving to be fun, but being stopped in traffic next to another car gives me a panic attack
>>
>>38698408
>A true robot
Well for starters they would not even care about a arbitrary term,made up some people can gain even more social status in their little secret play club,only to feel at least a little better about themselves,simply because he would not care about social status in first place,and thefore getting his """""true""""" title would not mean anything to him.
But alas,since they are supposed to be incapable of social contact(for real actually,not because they are losers who coined a term to scapegoat their failures on,as the reason),i would guess a """""true robot"""""" would note even post on a FORUM.
>That's the human condition
I have not noticed.
>You'd need some serious mental conditions
Oh and you type this at is is uncommon here.I have observed numerous threads where you literally compete who is more defective,both mentally and psychically,simply because more defective traits mean a bigger scapegoat for the failures,making them a "Truer robot".Ah yes,they feel good because if you have a bigger scapegoat it technically means you have failed less(although you are still a failure) and thus a "truer robot".

But you are probably right.A true robot probably does nonexistent,and if he did he would not feel unhappy.

Oh and this is just written on the spot.I do not think what a "true robot" is,simply because i do not care about other people who post here,nor feel a need to create a identity which puts me on a pedestal to them,and i truly do not care what kind of people post here,because circle jerks are so boring.it;s the reason half of this board is bait.
>>
>>38697551
All of these apply to me except agoraphobia

...so what is it? Social phobia?
>>
>>38698734
>they would not even care about a arbitrary term
the term robot was never brought up in this thread until you mentioned normies, so it seems you might be someone who cares about it.
>since they are supposed to be incapable of social contact
that's the purpose behind an anonymous image board. I don't have to constantly create new accounts
>Oh and you type this at is is uncommon here
It definitely is, the people who post about "who is more defective" are just attention seeking. This isn't meant to be attention seeking but to seek people in a familiar situation to one's self.

I guess we disagree on what a robot defines, you seem to believe its someone who desires no interactions at all such as severe autism or shizoid disorder. Personally I think it would be more related to avpd and similar disorders
>>
>>38698932
Avoidant personality disorder, related/co-morbid with anxious and fearful disorders
>>
>>38698951
But it was you who brought up a "true robot",not me.I well aware that on this board everybody thinks they are not normal,and calls normal people "normies".Yet they seek exactly the same as these normies and wish to have the things they have.Well that makes them quite normal,just incapable.
Anonymous or not social contact is still social contact,it's just that if you are anonymous,your mistakes are not remembered,inviting even the biggest cowards to post.After all they have lose.Nothing to gain either,but momentary pleasure.
>Just attention seeking
If you have not noticed that is most of this board.
I have also noticed you "just" trying to find other people like yourself(wow how not normal and anti-normie) which is why your thread is called "Any other Anon here with the following applying to you"
Forgive me OP,about 20 minutes ago my monitor must have been buggy,it clearly showed text implying that only a specific group of people with the the traits you described belong on this board(Which you just happen to be a part of). Totally not attention seeking.
Same as the very motion of seeking people who write to you and about you.totally not seeking attention to your traits.

I guess what you are trying to say that robots are still normies.Very well OP,i have only typed that to kill some time.
>>
Positive everything, with the following corrections:
eh, not really
>Severe low self-esteem
not that severe, but checked
>Self-loathing
at times
>In some extreme cases, agoraphobia
no

Am i an official robot?
>>
>>38697551
describes me to a tee. :)
>>
>>38699782
no, you're a faggot redditor.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.