[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>27 >starting college next month Slightly terrified.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: 1442600304807.jpg (331KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1442600304807.jpg
331KB, 1920x1080px
>27
>starting college next month
Slightly terrified.
>>
>>38693070
What course? Oridgina
>>
File: nagasarete10 (28).jpg (34KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
nagasarete10 (28).jpg
34KB, 1024x576px
>>38693070
Good-luck anon, seeing as no-one else for whatever reason came to congratulate you on hopefully achieving something in your life. I'd imagine that it is probably quite a downer to enter such an institution at an age where the freshmen are almost 10 years younger though its better than putting it off for later. On the plus side the women will be looking for someone who passes as more "mature" and so you may fit the bill for some, though on my advice avoid anyone who studies an art degree, they will put off stable employment in favour of receiving some form of "smart-license" at the cost of YOUR bank account. There may be some exceptions though generally you do not want to involve yourself with those types, it is a financial liability. Same applies to any women who don't know what they want to do with their degrees, they can easily switch to a masters and drain you of your resources and time in a manner that will not pay off in the long term. There's quite a trend of women finding relationships to gain access to free transport and financial support that you must avoid at all costs, I've seen it occur far too often. Personally I don't care much for relationships though a lot of people on here seem to so do whatever you shall with it.
>>
>>38693318
going for electrical engineering

not op btw
>>
>white
>starting grad school in a month
>my program is like 95% foreign students, mostly indian
Well this just means I'll have to try to socialize outside of my program then.
>>
>>38693371
you dont like indians?
>>
>>38693318
I'm doing pre-dentistry so I'll probably major in Biology.

>>38693332
Thanks anon, I appreciate the advice.
>>
>>38693408
they tend to be very hostile to those from poor families & super judgemental about everything. very passive aggressive. comes from the caste thing.
>>
>>38693410
>dentist
Oddly robotesque job. Apparently a lot of dentists kill themselves.
>>
>see this thread
>remember I'm doing the same in a month
>instant anxiety

i want to die ;_;
>>
>>38693535
>Apparently a lot of dentists kill themselves.
kind of a misconception
yes their suicide rate is higher than average, but people with high paying jobs for whatever reason tend to kill themselves more than the average person, and dentist do make a lot of banks.
so its not so much dentist kill themselves more, its people with higher salaries tend to kill themselves more.
>>
>>38693408
they're sent over from their country with the intention of getting a good software engineering job in the U.S. so they can stay in the country. college is all just business to them. they usually go to grad school as a job requirement, not because they want to actually further their knowledge or explore academia. they tend to stick by their own people, so they're not great for socializing with if you're not indian
>>
File: 1339015092819.png (4KB, 250x242px) Image search: [Google]
1339015092819.png
4KB, 250x242px
>25
>just starting to go back to college to get my associate's before trying to transfer to a "real college" after dropping out
The realization of how behind I am in life terrifies me but I know I can't just give up. I know you can do it to anon, we can do it together. Every time I'm reminded of my lack of progress I get intensely anxious ;_;
>>
To any anons just starting college:

It is NOT this:
>le funny procrastination meme xDD
>lol so stressed xDD *sips IPA beer*
>le skips class nearly all semester and makes A's

College will destroy you at first, you have to stay on top of it like someone riding a raging bull. Don't fuck with it, it will snowball the first chance it gets an opportunity.

I'd imagine you eventually get into a routine but I suck at college so I dunno.
>>
>>38693861
Well I'm almost 30 so I had zero intention of being a lazy shit in college. Just a waste of time in money, I already used all my fun lazy time being a NEET for 9 years. I'm going to college to get it done quickly and leave.
>>
>>38693951
so, how are you going to explain that to an employer?
>>
>>38693861
I actually skipped pretty much all of my mythology class and got an A. For some classes it's just about doing all the assignments.
>>
>2nd year starts in a month
>made no friends
>talked to no girls
>didn't go to any events
Just skipped as much as I could and still was on the top of the class without studying. Might start to take it seriously now. But it'll probably only last a couple of weeks until I get depressed again and lose the motivation. Should have gotten a job this summer too but I've been sitting on my ass for the last 3 months without sending a single application. To be honest, it wont get any easier to socialize because this year most of my classmembers are adults with families and wives or guys who spend all their time with their gfs.
>>
File: 80s.jpg (79KB, 550x542px) Image search: [Google]
80s.jpg
79KB, 550x542px
>>38693757
im hitting 26 and im going to college next month as well, but I don't feel any kind of "being behind". That's also because I already went through a training where I was the oldest, in the same situation. I had an excuse ready "I had to do this thing for finanical reasons, I'm a poor fag" just in case but a barealy needed it, noone really pushed the topic on me.

What I'm trying to say is you will be just fine (tl;dr JUST be urself m8 famalama)
>>
>>38693973
In my case since I'm going to be a dentist, they don't care what my past work history was because it's kind of irrelevant. It's extremely common for most people for this to be their first job.

That said, my college offers shitty jobs in college to make a little money on the side so I'll probably do that.
>>
>>38693861
Only if you're dumb, I never went to class and got A's
>>
>>38693070
I was a 31 year old wizard, then I became a nursing major... I didn't stay wiz for long. Age 19-22 girls will love you OP; just befriend your classmates.
>>
>>38694363
how did it come about, mind expanding on that?
>>
File: Elizabeth-Turner-13-500x758.jpg (69KB, 500x758px) Image search: [Google]
Elizabeth-Turner-13-500x758.jpg
69KB, 500x758px
>>38694053
Yo. you a veteran as well? I'm 26 going to hopefully be starting in the spring semester.
>>
Same here OP, I'm also 27. I'm going to be a doctor though instead of a dentist. I hope you succeed.
>>
>>38694460
nah man doing economics+cs meme degree but combined with training so I can't dick around will be serious from day 1
>>
>>38693616
>so its not so much dentist kill themselves more

It is though. They kill themselves even more than the professions that average more than them.

It turns out staring into peoples mouths and soaking in the smell of chemicals for 90 hours a week isn't good for your mental health.
>>
>>38694547
>It is though. They kill themselves even more than the professions that average more than them.
physicians kill themselves at a higher rate than them
>>
>>38693070
Are you a military cat that just got off of a 6 year contract? Damn that's kind of old.
>>
>>38694569
No they don't dummy
>>
>>38694546
now I'm confused, what kind of training did you have to do and are doing?
>>
>>38694593
Care to post some citations dickbutte
>>
>>38694593
they do according to the centers for disease control physicians are 1.87 times more likely to commit suicide compared to dentists who stand at 1.67 times
>>
>>38694660
Being a physician would suck ass too.
>>
>>38693616
I'd reccomend against dentistry at the moment. The market is flooding and it is extremely hard to get into dental school.

Maybe try dental research? I don't actually know how valid that is, because I'm only vaguely familiar with dentistry, but research is usually less commonly pursued.
>>
>>38693070
>27
>starging college

the fuck??
>>
>>38694645
what I meant to say is I have to go to college and do an apprenticeship at a company at the same time. Instead of semester breaks I have to work at the company, that's what I meant by training.

Prior to this dual study, I've done another training but which pays poorly, that's where I got over the "being behind"
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.