[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hypothetical Single-Issue Blue Pill

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: Bluepill.jpg (18KB, 390x388px) Image search: [Google]
Bluepill.jpg
18KB, 390x388px
All of us live in societies where lies, illusions, and misconceptions are spread memetically to control us. The comforting illusions provide a cover under which great evils can be committed, and yet most of us never delve too deep to uncover the truth.

Some of us just aren't very bright. We go through life not noticing the things we aren't supposed to notice.

Others, consciously or subconsciously, are afraid of discovering how deep the "rabbit hole" goes because we know there is no going back if we learn too much.

But others of us can't help it. We have at least glimpsed the man behind the curtain, or the card up the magician's sleeve. We have seen at least part of the true horrors that lurk beneath the surface, and it's true...there is no going back. We have to live with this knowledge until our dying days. We may try to teach others, with varying degrees of success, in some attempt to stop it, to bring change. Those who do this will likely attain some limited success, but will also experience ridicule at best, and who knows what at worst?

In this thread, just for a little escapism...let's say you can go back.

You are given the choice to take the blue pill.

With respect to one issue that you have learned the horrors of, if you choose to take the pill, you will forget it and never be able to learn of it again. You will have a "normal" outlook on it, similar to that of typical people in your society, and will never be swayed back to a deeper understanding by any argument. The cognitive dissonance will not touch you. You will live in happy ignorance--neither able to help others affected by whatever particular travesty you choose to forget, but neither yourself can you be pained by the conscious knowledge of it.

All other effects from whatever it is are still in play. If the issue you choose to forget about has affected you physically or financially, you will not overcome those effects.

Will you take the pill? And if so, what will you choose to forget about?
>>
>>38689972

I took the blue pill and I've had a raging boner for the past four hours. This wasn't what I expected.
>>
>>38689972
Yes to forget that everything you do. Won't matter in the end.
>>
>>38689972
No. Jews must be stopped.
>>
bump, hoping for some better and more detailed replies desu
>>
File: emoji.jpg (22KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
emoji.jpg
22KB, 540x540px
>>38690003
>>/pol/ BTFO

Uh oh, you friccin bot, you just got originallio content'd
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.