[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Near death experiences

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 12

File: 1496793157137.jpg (468KB, 922x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1496793157137.jpg
468KB, 922x1200px
Tfw almost died today
Almost got hit by a car crossing the road just to buy some fucking beer. I think I scared the driver more than anything she had this look like she was about to cry, really it was all my fault.

Post your experiences about missing that golden train ticket.
>>
File: 1479231399879.jpg (33KB, 500x338px) Image search: [Google]
1479231399879.jpg
33KB, 500x338px
>26
>3 heart attacks to date
>first at 16, was at highschool in PE, ended up going to hospital mostly scared
>second 22, had been NEET since I left HS at 17 and horribly depressed doing nothing but sitting on my PC all day every day. Got off my PC, laid down on my bed in absolute agony and hoped it either killed me or just went away, eventually passed out and was woken up by paramedics cause my Mum called em and I just said it was nothing
>last one last year, did the exact same thing as before hoping I could finally die, ended up just passing out from the pain and waking up the next day

i reckon 4th's the charm
>>
File: 4L_ov0SHHDG.jpg (43KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
4L_ov0SHHDG.jpg
43KB, 480x480px
>>38678224
Had a couple guns pointed at my face and was in a car that hit a mailbox going 107 mph
Also cut my arms open in a LSA trip and passed out hitting my head
>>
>>38678224
>slit my wrists long ways
>blood everywhere
>lay in bed ready to die, close my eyes
>6 hours later i woke up
>missed the veins on both arms completely
>mfw
>>
>>38678273
Jesus anon. What's the cause?. Please don't tell me it's obesity.
Having a random brush of death is one thing but having a timer tick away is something else
>>
>>38678284
Sound wacky anon. Is your life still this adventurous.

>>38678308
Kek, subsequently this is actually how I want to die. In a warm bath high and forgotten by everyone where I won't be mourned while my blood pools out and I slip away.
>>
File: 1498621082959.png (129KB, 314x278px) Image search: [Google]
1498621082959.png
129KB, 314x278px
>>38678308
Wait but you bled out right? Did it heal or something? Did you see a doctor and figure out how you botched it?
>>
>>38678371
I was so pissed when i had to wash the blood out of my sheets and toss my mattress. Nothing feels worse than failing at suicide.
>>
>>38678391
I went to the ER the next day (then had a week long stay in the looney bin). Apparently i cut just wrong to miss the veins on both sides. Had i been a little more to the left or right on both sides, I would not be posting here right now.
>>
>>38678331
congenital heart defect, and well I'm doing it zero favours with my lifestyle of heavy drinking and eating shit food.
I'm actually 15.8BMI, so underweight.
it's actually kind of a comforting thought, in my mental state, desu. I mean I've felt how much it hurts so i'm not really scared - had toothaches that lasted longer and thus were worse.
>>
>be me
>around 6 or 7 not really sure
>trying to cross busy road with mom to get to bus
>being a dumb child I run straight across the road
>mom yelling at me but ignore her
>crossing center lines into oncoming traffic
>car going 50mph comes literally within inches of hitting me
>mom finally catches up to me yelling
>get on bus and wonder why everyone is staring at me

Only recently reflected on this event and can't believe it happened
>>
>>38678224
I got stabbed when I was 16 and now suffer with really bad anxiety because of it. One of my bones on my rib Cage actually stopped the blade from piercing my heart.
>>
>>38678308
>missed the veins on both arms completely
Can't even kill yourself right...
>>
>>38678224
>she
It wasn't your fault
>>
>>38678224
I was 14 and collapsed from hypoglycemia, would've died without emergency glucagon. Type 1's a bitch.
>>
Nearly fell off a giant cliff when hiking on a mountain in arizona
>>
>>38678224
>be me 7 years old
>really sick with massive ear infection or some shit and gastrointestinal disturbances
>wake up at night and feel very weird somehow
>stand up to go to the bathroom
>walking feels kind of funny
>enter bathroom and look in the mirror
>legs just give out, see myself collapsing like the WTC in '01
>go into minimal consciousness immediately, ie I'm sort of content, cannot remember or think about anything but still vaguely aware what that I'm existing somehow, some vegetable like state
>30-min to 1 hour later I start to come out of it, start being vaguely aware that I'm sitting in a weird position on the floor, feeling starts to return to legs
>still in some weird semi-consciousness state which slowly dissolves over the course of 15 minutes until I realize wtf happenend and where I even am
>crawl into bed and wake up in the morning feeling ok

never told anyone about it and the illness resolved a few weeks later, but this must have been some sick infection to cause shit like this. No idea what the whole event was in detail
>>
>>38680191
in retrospect I probably wasn't 7, was too high for that already and could think too clearly I guess, but probs ten or eleven. I remember this still in so much detail it feels as if I was way older though it's quite astonishing, didn't injure myself in the fall though except for awaking in a very weird half-sitting half lying position on the floor straining the legs
>>
>having a smoke in national park
>go there all the time pretty experienced climber
>climbing along this cliff face to get to a panorama
>decide to take new path
>its down a rock at about 45 degrees
>shift weight onto this new rock and immediately start sliding
>shear 20m drop approaching
>skidmarkedpants.mpeg
>manage to grab onto a crevice
>bag flies off edge
>left holding on looking off where i would have fallen
>Rock ledge about 10 metres down then another 15m drop to forrest

never been so scared in my life
>>
I was going 75 mph on the interstate when suddenly my front and back left tires popped. Somehow I didn't flip (was driving my family's big SUV), skidded all over the road but avoided hitting other cars, and drove off the side of the road into a ditch.

I have no clue how I lived, pretty much a miracle desu.
>>
File: 1436013906017.jpg (390KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1436013906017.jpg
390KB, 768x1024px
>was taking pain relief
>overdosed by accident
>remember having a really bad headache
>decided to lay down and sleep it off
>woke up 2 weeks later in hospital
>had been on life support for a few days and then in a induced coma
>spent about a month in hospital then returned to work

I will never do drugs again. For the most part everything is ok, but I am incredibly paranoid about everything.

The whole thing was really out of the blue.
>>
>>38681146
How many were you taking, because I found I was abusing them on a very light amount.
>>
File: 1472002480241.png (28KB, 655x509px) Image search: [Google]
1472002480241.png
28KB, 655x509px
>>38678224
Basically every day driving is a near-death experience for me. It never fails to make me feel like an idiot. The fact that everyone else tells me I'm a good driver is even worse.
Fortunately fear of pedestrians has been thoroughly driven into my head by my driving lessons, if nothing else, so with any luck I'll only ever cause property damage.
>>
>driving down street on my motorcycle
>car from my right runs stop sign
>the second he came into the intersection time slowed to a crawl
>feels like eternity as his car and me get closer and closer
>literally notice bird droppings on his hood. not just seeing them but also the shape and different colors
>impact
>in the seconds it took from impact to when I landed on the ground images flashed in my mind... my parents, my sister, the house I grew up in
>land on ground
>everything is quiet. Not sure if it's be cause I', concussed or if everything outside has just stopped (or, I'm dead)
>wiggle my toes and hands to make sure I'm not paralyzed
>eyes open and I'm in the back of an ambulance
>don't know how I got there
>>
>>38678224
>subway
>jump from stairs
>hit front of head in the archway
>fall on my back from 2 meters
>hit back of head
>I almost cracked open my head
>was wearing a white tshirt and by the time I got home it was all black/brown dried blood whatever
>even went to the dentist with my friend and the qt doctor had a look at my head, she was a real sport not like the other dentist when I broke my head a second time, cunt was all like "only teeth" fucking cunt
the second time was even more stupid
>be with friend I went to the dentist 1st time I broke head
>in his garage throwing knives, drinking beer and listening to Judas Priest
>throw knife
>squat
>bullseye
>jump in excitment
>hit head in the ceiling
>guy poured all his aftershave on my head because he couldn't find medicinal alcohol even tho his mum is a dentist
>>
>>38678224
That's not a near death experience you stupid shit
>>
>>38678224
ran in front of 2 different cars when i was kid and nearly got hit, have had bullets graze my head twice and have tried to kms like 11 times and accidentally overdosed a few times and ive jimi hendrixed myself twice immortal bitch
>>
>>38678224
>had TV fall on me when I was 4
>broken glass landed right on my chest
>not even a scratch or a bruise
>had pneumonia and doctors were sure I was going to die
>uncle somehow convinced me to start eating again and to put up a fight
>was 4 still
>had my dick severely cut on the side by getting it accidentally stuck in the wheel of those rolling animal carts
>was also 4
>nearly died drowning because neighbors didn't know I couldn't swim when they pushed me in
>still 4
>had a pitbull rush me and attack me
>still 4
Best one
>1 and a half ago driving in canyon with friend after fight
>offered to buy him and me burritos at Chronic Taco
>we're going 60 on a 45 road
>stick shift has problems
>clutch pops
>car does like a bunny hop
>lose control
>it does it again somehow
>go over a guard railing at 60mph
>land in a ditch 15 feet deep
>not a scratch on either of us
>only thing that happened was friend in passenger seat gets absolutely drenched in piss from the piss cup I had to use from my long commute
>>
>>38682939
>>only thing that happened was friend in passenger seat gets absolutely drenched in piss from the piss cup I had to use from my long commute

Is he still your friend?
>>
>>38682846
>going to the dentist for a head fracture
Are you actually retarded?
>>
>>38683087
Well, he does have a few skull fractures. The real question is why did his friend say "sure, let's go to a dentist"? Is his friend retarded?
>>
>>38683087
It was the closest medical facility and it was 3am
>>
>>38682846
If any of this is true you are a legit retard, if I had been any of the.... Dentists? That you went to see about... Head trauma? I would have euthanised you
>>
>>38683063
No he's actually a huge cunt and I look back at that memory very fondly. It got all over his grandfather's jacket.face,hair, and little in his mouth. I swear I'm not POS I paid for a vacation for him and 2 of our other friends to go to San Francisco because we went to a show and they brought up how it would be cool to do something like that and the next day I booked us all a nice room and paid for meals when they didn't have the dosh including taxi fare.
>>
>at a party with my normie friend
>both pretty drunk, can't stand the people so ask him to come with me to buy some cigs
>leave the house and turns out all the shops are closed and no 24/7 gas station nearby
>he was more drunk than me so I tried to take care of him as much as I could
>walking back to the party
>see a van approaching and I stop because I want it to pass us so we can cross a street
>it stops
>wave thanks and decide to cross
>friend speeds up
>another car slams right into him cause the woman didn't realize the van stopped for a reason
>windshield completely shattered but my friend was just fine
>mfw it should've been me
god I wish

I also almost crashed my bike into two cars at an intersection yesterday because bike got fucked midway home
>>
>>38678224
>4 years old
>see sister swimming in the river
>tell myself I want to do it too
>don't know how to swim
>struggle for a long while and eventually sink
>dad turned around and saw my cap floating with bubbles popping around it
>pulled me out

>be 7
>on a trip to africa
>dad begs me to get a picture next to a warthog
>tell him I'm too scared said it's just a quick picture
>do it reluctantly
>warthog charges at me hard
>pins me against a tree and tries to bite my leg off
>was lucky and he just bit into my shorts, warthorgs can bite through skin like paper
>don't remember much after that my mom told me I punched the warthog in the face but my dad told me he wrestled it off me
>dad actually filmed me and did not take a picture and it does show him running towards him when the warthog charged

>be 12
>on ANOTHER trip to africa
>my dad really loves Africa
>standing on coral
>dad (again) tells me to come with him next to the waves
>get swept up by the waves hard
>get ragdolled on the coral
>luck is with me again and slam straight into my mom who manages to catch me
>got 10 scars on my right arm now

Honestly I took these pretty well, we often make jokes about it at home.
>>
Forgive my shitty english im still learning
>about 6 months ago
>biking from job to house (on a pedal bike not a motorbike)
>awful day as usual, hate being a wagiecuckie
>was tired angry sad sleep deprived etc. all at the same time
>one block away from my house
>switch to one way street cuz its closer to my house
>im going the wrong way
>cars passing near my face,
>about 20 meters from my house this huge truck is coming
>there were cars parked on the street so I moved near the middle of the street instead of waiting at a side or walking
>huge truck coming didnt honk or shit
>maybe he didnt saw me it was at night or just wanted to kill me
> I didnt give a fuck and kept going
>passes right by my side maybe 10-15 cms away from me
>wheels were almost the size of my adult bike
>it almost blew my hat off when it passed me at full speed
>when its gone im slightly shocked but kept going
>too tired to even release adrenaline or whatever its called
>think about it maybe for 2 minutes max then forget about it

Thats the nearest I have been to death, I live a boring life and dont do shit besides use the pc, work and commute from work to house on my bike so there's that too. Now I havent killed myself because of my nan, as much as she bothers me she really loves me and I do too, if things are still bad when she passes away I'll an hero without a doubt.
>>
>>38678371
I've also had guns pointed at me, I was tear gassed 9 times in one day, I was in Arab Spring. My life isn't nearly as interesting. Now I'm fighting to get a research group funded for difficult to access populations. At least I don't have to walk around with half a lemon in a plastic bag.
>>
I literally just became a 23 year old normie like 4 hours ago after years of being KV and I honestly think she truly did suck my mana out, oh god I fucking wasted my gaining powers god fucking damn it. Life is now one long near death experience, fuck.
>>
This week just driving my car I have nearly been in two or three accidents that were all my fault. I have only been saved because people have had faster reflexes then me. At this point it would be easier if a truck hit me.
>>
>>38682751
>driving country roads at night
>stop at intersection
>double check bc "cross traffic does not stop"
>see motobro
>check rear view
>see headlights
>RAMMING SPEED
>must be drunk, doesn't even see me
>throw car in park, pull handbrake, turn on brights (yes there was enough time holy fuck)
>pray for motobro
>motobro susses the situation as he locks up and I get murdered from behind
>totals my mom's car
>car flies forward and runs over motobro
>only, motobro laid his bike down
>he's 30 yards away getting his road rashy ass out of the streets
>I only destroyed the bike, motobro lives to ride another day
And that was the day I almost killed someone but everyone walked away. Guy that hit me caught a DUI.
>>
>>38680266
The worst part for me would be shattering both legs off the drop ad dying of exposure and blood loss, desperately clinging to the last shreds of life.
>>
>>38680249
Hello, .br

You were hypotensive.
>>
>>38678224
I dont know if I was that near death but
>playing soccer last sunday
>first time in actual game in a while
>over 100 degrees out
>no water
>finish game and breathing very heavy and covered in sweat
>drive home in car with no AC
>on way home start to feel legs and hands go numb, cant stop breathing hard
>hands and legs start to twitch and move involuntarily while still going numb, still breathing crazy hard and fast
>have to pull over at a taco bell because cant move feet from pedals easily
>barely able to walk in and ask for food and water, almost collapse trying to get door open
>people staring at me hobbling in while shaking and slurring my words at order
>collapse on table
>still fucking breathing heavily and fast like 30 minutes after the game ended
>body going numb so I call 911 and eat taco bell slowly and drink water because can barely chew
>ambulance comes and says I had severe dehydration
>took me the rest of the day to get over the numbness and I had a severe headache as well.
>>
>just owner and I in restaurant
>start feeling weak, dizzy, and short of breath
>blame my heart condition
>hours go by
>"Anon, are you feeling?"
>"I'm OK, but my heart's acting up again."
>Explain symptoms
>Boss is having exact same symptoms
>Something is fucked
>We start feeling confused
>Boss decides eating gyro meat will save us
>Eat lots of gyro meat
>Too dizzy to stand, so I go sit in my boss' office
>Realize I'm going to die
>Happy to die peacefully and painlessly alongside a boss who cares about me
>Boss sees my eyes close and head slump down
>Snaps him out of his confusion long enough to open the back door and throw me out of it
>Boss calls 911
>Cops arrive and drag him out of the restaurant

tl;dr Huge carbon monoxide leak.

>inb4 why didn't you call 911 earlier

Carbon monoxide really fucks with your thought processes.
>>
>>38684282
>tfw no cool gyro guy to have a comfy death with
>>
>>38678224
Six Aboriginals jumped on me fought them off for awhile, but got knocked out. I was disappointed that I woke with some girl cradling my head trying to stop the bleeding.
>>
>>38678224
>get thrown out a second-story window by a drunken lunatic
>there were two windows
>underneath one of them was a pile of loose concrete and bricks
>underneath the other was a thick bush
>i fell on the bush
>woke up a day later in the hospital
>all i had was a sprained wrist and two cracked ribs and a very minor concussion
>would've died if i was thrown out the other
>>
>>38678224
I almost got shot in a road rage incident that I sorta caused
>>
File: 1500211446212.gif (1MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1500211446212.gif
1MB, 200x200px
>>38685786
What a considerate drunken lunatic.
>>
File: daytoday.jpg (62KB, 716x642px) Image search: [Google]
daytoday.jpg
62KB, 716x642px
Anyone reading this who hasn't died, you will never understand until it happens to you.
>fell onto head when younger
>escaped electrocution last year by the skin of my teeth
>>
>>38678224
Me and people in my family on my father's side constantly come face to face with death for random fucking reasons, but our genetics are blessed with godly fast reflexes. I almost die on a monthly basis and either react extremely quick or am just saved by dumb luck. I could probably start meeting the reaper for brunch since we've met so many times.
>>
File: 1474470117340.png (126KB, 564x538px) Image search: [Google]
1474470117340.png
126KB, 564x538px
>Driving with family in the mountains
>dangerous mountain roads
>dad stuck behind slow truck
>goes to overtake
>I thought it was bad area for the dashed line because it was a nearly S shaped piece of highway with a few hundred meters between
>guy comes around the corner another big ass truck like my father's
>dad speeds up to continue with the overtake
>we're passed the overtake area and on the wrong side of a solid yellow line with the other truck to our right
>dad gets into right lane not even a second between head on collision over the speed limit
>dude no big deal lmao
>notice all the little crosses and grave site on the road
>guy we all almost died trying to overtake passes us on their dozenth smoke break

>more recently
>driving with dad
>another sunday driver
>dad overtakes on a hill
>still passing people over double yellow lines

This is who you share the road with, he has a big ass fucking truck. You will not survive.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.