[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/lit/

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 9

File: nigganya.png (181KB, 1051x1055px) Image search: [Google]
nigganya.png
181KB, 1051x1055px
what are some /r9k/ related books?
>>
>>38677335
nietzche was pretty /r9k/
except he was too much of a jewphile

But he sure was peak beta and emberassed the hell out of himself while orbiting some roastie
>>
>>38677335
Unironically "How to Win Friends and Influence People."
>>
File: 1499666149401.jpg (143KB, 401x1317px) Image search: [Google]
1499666149401.jpg
143KB, 401x1317px
Bump for interest.I don't read NEARLY enough. I can feel my brain rotting, I really need to start studying some more on my free time. I don't really judge people too much based on their knowledge, but I would like to be a smart guy, I think it'd just help me appreciate what happens around me more. I like history books, biology, biographies, and fiction of all kinds!

I'm going to bed soon, but before I do I'll talk about the last two books I read. I read 100 years of solitude, I enjoyed it quite a lot. I'd liked the ethereal, storybook kind of vibe the book has to it. I loved all the characters, and how vividly they were portrayed. Even though crazy stuff was always going on, I was never taken out of it, I was just entertained. I thought it was interesting that the sort of magic of the world slowly faded as the family fell into their solitude, and Columbia was an interesting setting.

I also read " The Hellenistic world from Alexander to the Roman Conquest". Very fascinating read, although it's not really a history book. It's more of a chronological collection of relent historical sources. That's very neat and adds some credence to it (Although a lot of the sources end up being Roman stuff that was written way after the fact and with bias anyway), it can make some of the reading a little try and confusing for a lay person such as myself. Still, very cool, I was working my way through it but I stopped a while ago and haven't gotten back into it.
>>
Notes from Underground, the main character is a crazy robot.
>>
>>38677335
The Master and Margarita by Bulgakov
>>
>>38678723
Great book but has literally nothing to do with r9k
>>
>>38677335
no longer human isn't exactly a robot book but it often questions the reasoning behind normies so you might enjoy it.
>>
Here are some books /r9k/ might enjoy:
Ivan Goncharov - Oblomov
Knut Hamsun - Hunger
Juvenalis' satires, especially II, III, VI and X
Catullus' poems, about his slutty oneitis.
Herman Hesse - Kleine Welt (contains a short story about a 30 year old virgin who is pressured by his mom to find a wife)
Herman Hesse - Klein und Wagner
Wieslaw Mysliwski - Stone upon stone (about an old man who is building his own grave, while reflecting on his life)
Fjodor Dostoyevski - The double (about a wagecuck who goes insane)
Goethe - The sorrows of young Werther
>>
>>38678748
>no longer human

overrated garage desu
>>
Check out stoner by john williams
>>
>>38677335
Mein Kampf by Adolf Hitler
>>
Diary of an Oxygen Thief
>>
Catcher in the Rye.

THE /r9k/ origin story
>>
File: why.jpg (36KB, 600x539px) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
36KB, 600x539px
The Rational Male
>>
Looking for a read this weekend.

Not really after a r9k story, but what is something enjoyable to read?
>>
>>38677335
The Communist Manifesto
On the Jewish Question by Marx
>>
File: 740fullmistresst..jpg (111KB, 740x933px) Image search: [Google]
740fullmistresst..jpg
111KB, 740x933px
>>38679783
The Millionaire Fastlane
>>
>>38679783
I've been reading some military genre fiction stuff by Stephen Hunter. It's not exactly high literature but it's fun.
>>
suicide by edouard leve :^)
>>
File: 1406783283712.jpg (754KB, 1235x2049px) Image search: [Google]
1406783283712.jpg
754KB, 1235x2049px
Haven't read half of these. I recommend the book of disquiet, Oblomov, steppenwulf and notes from underground.
>>
File: a confederacy of dunces.jpg (48KB, 345x500px) Image search: [Google]
a confederacy of dunces.jpg
48KB, 345x500px
Ignatius J Reilly was the first Robot.

Bonus points: the author killed himself before the book even got published. We only have the book because his tendie procurer harassed a publisher into reading it.
>>
>>38679716
This tbqh.
Only correct answer itt
>>
>>38677335
Status Anxiety by Alain de Botton. It's a great read if you've ever felt guilty/bad/sad about being outcast from society.
>>
File: 1452292749719.png (307KB, 494x456px) Image search: [Google]
1452292749719.png
307KB, 494x456px
>>38677452
>St. Patrick of Armagh, deliver me from writing.
>>
File: IMG_0413.jpg (27KB, 278x241px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0413.jpg
27KB, 278x241px
>>38677452
>Thank god, it will soon be dark.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (334KB, 2047x1377px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
334KB, 2047x1377px
>>38677335
Lolita by Nabokov

Somehow not original.
>>
>>38677335
Journey to the end of the night by Celine

WARNING: Will probably make you even more depressed
>>
Nausea by Jean Paul sartre

It's pretty chill but I'm only halfway through
>>
Look up a series on YouTube called academy of Ideas. It covers Neiztche as well as a lot of other philosophers with his ideologies. I know it's not reading, but you could technically read the slide show?
>>
>>38681320
Ive read the stranger. It's well written and fairly short possible to finish in one sitting. Very relatable lifestyle minus the girlfriend and murder
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.