[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have been applying to jobs online and am having no luck. If

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

I have been applying to jobs online and am having no luck. If I were to print out physical copies of my resume and walk into the locations of the places I am applying to and ask for a job, would that be a proper method for getting one?

How else do I go trying to get jobs in real life?
Can anyone tell me if there is like an agency or office where you can go to and they help you to get a job? Do places like that exist? I'm fine with temporary work too.

Please do not tell me to keep applying online or do volunteering, I am broke and starving.
>>
>>38671772
what type of job are you applying for?
if it's something like foodservice, you should just be walking in to places and asking for the manager
>>
>>38671772
I can't even get work for free, I am still in education and we got this "in-work learning" shit where you are supposed to go to some workplace related to the shit we are learning for sometime with no pay etc. its part of our education
i have sent few mails to some places and i have 0 answers
how the fuck can I ever get a job after school when nobody takes me to do work even for fucking free? I got only few weeks left and I feel like I am out of options here, fuck
>>
>>38671891
>I am still in education and we got this "in-work learning"
it's called an internship
>>
File: 1500502253832.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1500502253832.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
>>38671820
I forgot to mention in the OP that I am 21 years old and I have a high school diploma. I am not looking for any particular job, just literally ANY JOB. It can pay like shit, it can pay minimum wage. I just need to be able to support and feed myself and have something to do.
>>
dont bother with volunteering to try to get your foot in the door, that was a good idea like 30 years ago, today no one cares.

what are you trying to get a job in? Have you tried callign everyone in your family to see if you have a relative who does it? if not do that, if there is one, meet them, and see if they can help you get a job
>>
>>38671772
>If I were to print out physical copies of my resume and walk into the locations of the places I am applying to and ask for a job, would that be a proper method for getting one?

For the most part, yes. There is truth to the handshake dad meme.

Managers and owners have to mindless click through online submissions everyday and barely look at them before deleting them. When they get a physical resume handed to them, ideally by someone who asks to see them in person and give them the meme handshake, that definitely gives more of an impression than some lazy shit who hit "submit" from home while not wearing any pants.

Some places though not only prefer online applications but will even sometimes not accept resumes at all. It's pretty rare though.

>Can anyone tell me if there is like an agency or office where you can go to and they help you to get a job? Do places like that exist? I'm fine with temporary work too.

Yes. There should be government resources unless you live in America or something. There are also private organizations that just gather people and send them out to random jobs that pop
>>
>>38671928
sorry i don't know the terms as english is not my native language, I am not aware of the correct term of this thing we got
Point is, nobody answers, I can't even get a job by doing it for free, and I am running out of time. I am so fucked
>>
>>38671989
restaurants always need servers, tell them you can memorize the menu easily and can work any hours you need
big box stores (target/grocery/walmart) always need stockers, tell them you can lift 50 pounds all night and don't mind working until 2am
>>
>>38672048
if you want to get more specific what area are you in
I'm bored, I'll find you 5 different jobs you should be able to get
>>
>>38671989
>support and feed myself and have something to do
>minimum wage
Pick ONE.
>>
>>38671772
Try to apply to a night job. The turnover is insane so they're always hiring, and it's robot heaven if you pick the right job.

>no customers
>no talking
>get to listen to music
>>
>>38672636
*Also, they nearly always pay above minimum wage because night work sucks for normies. I got $13 per hour right out of HS to shift boxes at night at Target, minimum wage in my state is only $8. I worked there full-time in college, best years of my life.
>>
>>38671772
Since the help is all TLDR.
You'll probably need a lot of fancy meme degrees to even be considered otherwise the employment gap or lack of employment will net you no jobs.
>>
>>38671772
Honestly, you have to keep applying on line. Speaking from experience, if you go in and ask for an application, they'll tell you to apply on line. I also know from working a multiple stores if you bring them a resume or an application you did online, they'll file it away with a stack of others or just throw it away before you're out the door. It's really just a numbers game and you have to just submit submit submit at every job you find online that you can do until you finally get an answer. It sucks, but that's been my experience. People will tell you going in in person is better but most managers will not look at your application unless they're already in the process of hiring. If you really want to continue asking IRL, make sure to preface it with "Are you hiring now", because otherwise you'll be wasting your time if they aren't.

>>38672636
This is true, though. You might have better luck with a night shift job.

Also, I believe there's a thing (if you're in the States) called Job Corp that can help you find a job. They'll take your resume and send them to employers, I believe. I know people who've had success with it, but I've never done it myself so I can't tell you much more than it exists.

Good luck, anon. I hope things pan out for you.

t. Someone who was in your position this time last year
>>
File: 1497402247819.jpg (87KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1497402247819.jpg
87KB, 500x375px
>>38672001
yeah volunteering is a pretty laughable meme, any job really the easier the better

>>38672589
shut up faggot i have had a minimum wage job and have been able to manage just fine

>>38672676
tell me about your target job
>>
>>38671772
You're forgetting the key component. A firm handshake
>>
>>38672782
>and have been able to manage just fine
yeah if you still live with your parents.
>>
'Apply for jobs on the internet' is a meme
Leaving your resume with the wage-cuck out front is a meme
Employment agencies are a meme
Volunteering is a meme

Physically handing your card/resume to the hiring manager or boss and having a (good) talk with him is the only way of getting any job; it is not worth talking or listening to anyone other than the hiring manager

If you need a job asap or job that requires as little previous references as possible apply for jobs that have higher turn-over (usually little training but personality reliant), retail doesn't fill this as they always want references and previous retail exeprience

>>38672104
Is right; if you can fake a personality enough for your shifts you can pull these jobs off well enough, else you can be a kitchen-cuck and wash or bus-boy
>>
I hate this fucking bullshit. A few thousand years ago having meaning and happiness was as simple as going hunting with your family or helping build a house or whatever and today in our so superior society we have to jump through arbitrary hoops in a specific way in order to be granted permission to do a shitty repetitive task for 8 hours a day it's all so tiresome
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.