[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth it to keep producing music in hopes of a career.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_4341.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4341.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
Is it worth it to keep producing music in hopes of a career. I mean I'd still do it if it wasn't but it would be waaaaayyyyy less.

When I first started I had people asking to buy and use my music views for no reason I've slowly been learning theory and the program and it kinda took away from the creativity and even tho I'm better I don't get views and no one wants to use my music.

Before I had someone ask to buy a song that was one fuckibg melody and it had a kick drum that was timed wrong and sounded awkward now I have like 4 melodies and perfect drums (but shitty mixing due to my computer) and I can't get views likes or anything. Though I'll admit before I took more time on beats and it was a lot of of a creative explorative thing but I was still trying to capture the same sound.
>>
>>38656834
Also before all I did was post songs with a title this time I used tags end screen annotations and got 800 followers on a twitter account before I was just shooting in the dark
>>
>>38656834
It's up to you if things look fucked then a career out of it may not be feasible but there is still a chance that you may have some success like the one you used to have.
>>
>>38656961
My friend told me he could see me producing and actually making money off it and no one else has really said that to me about a job except generic shit anyone can do (cop corrections civil service shit)

I don't really know what to do in college but I'd do anything for my career and I'd spend 24/7 working at it (I already do)

I mean selling on YouTube pays pretty damn good for the ones doing good at it but Jesus Christ that career would be insane. Or something music I wouldn't even mind being the performing artist.
>>
>>38656986
I think you are putting too much emphasis on making it, That mentality is fine, but sometimes it can backfire, try a switch of pace and do a mental switch. Focus on more realistic goals and keep challenging yourself instead of focusing on whatever you are making it or not. If things still look sour then you may reconsider how much of your time and effort you are dedicating towards producing music
>>
>>38657060
I had unrealistic goals before when I was reaching small ones and I went for small goals this time and got nothing

"Aim for the stars at least you'll land in the clouds" is what normies say
>>
>>38656834
Music isn't about making money.
>>
i've been programming for years but i've yet to make any money from it. not everyone will make it.
>>
>>38657160
It depends on your genre and you

The genre I make happens to be a very high profitable and selling genre

It's going to be very rare that someone pays for euro video game electronic music

But also I feel you're right I know I won't succeed in any way I want to because it just doesn't happen
>>
serious question: do you wanna collab and create music together? I've written and recorded songs but have 0 experience with creating instrumentals and FL Studio seems spoopily intimidating
>>
>>38657187
It looks complicated but isn't look up tutorials on your genre of music and everything clicks slowly one thing at a time

I had a life time of drum experience tho so I could do kicks and 808s hi hats and snares all instantly but I'm still working on 808s
>>
r u a joji type beat, you should keep improving and evolving ur self
>>
>>38657245
Then I will get money and grill?

My old beat video has 1200 views and offers on my channel I put up a shit ton of views and one got to 300 views. Maybe I'm just putting too many up there... I was just kinda dumping them for attention and to see what people like

Maybe instead of evolving my music I evolve my marketing
>>
>>38657260
Offers, on my current channel*
>>
>>38657290
And shit ton of videos not views* damn it
>>
>>38657212
I did, watched about 3 hours worth of tutorials and I felt like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdlLdQHvsv0

I know I will find the time and motivation to fully learn FL Studio one day (hopefully soon). But I'm guessing I'm just looking for the easy way out by trying to find a partner to create stuff with - I'm very creative with vocals and rhythms but momentarily hopeless with instrumentals.

I'm also always creating film reviews/analyses so I'm not being thaaat lazy, I think.
>>
>>38656834
post music so we can judge
>>
>>38657528
Watch this

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7A1F0lqykNE

Ignore the parts of the vocal chops and reverb you don't need that now
>>
>>38657588
I was going for a more 80's synthwave mixed with a li'l bit of jazz and blues kind of vibe, so idk by that title man
>>
>>38656834
honestly OP U need to keep making music ive seen the future and you're the biggest musician in the world most famous
>>
>>38657539
This is what I'm working on right now. I had to lower the quality to upload.

https://instaud.io/17WM
>>
>>38657607
That music is deader than shit but it's 3 minutes of all highlights also ignore the automations parts

Also 3 hours lol :^) try 3 years of feeling that exact way before I could do it easy and mindlessly now it's bland I gotta find that spark again

Also do you know keys and scales? If not go to your piano drop down menu select chord and pick a scale and program it in the notes and use that to follow all your notes should like up with it
>>
>>38657628
Im op and I am NOT this fag but it reminded me sooo much of this

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yLa8Br569gA
>>
>>38657654
No, I don't know anything, I went on a virtual piano one time and created a li'l tune randomly (can't even play the piano but yeah).

3 hours is a lot of time wasted for me, if I'm not being creative when I feel I should be I get even more depressed - I have around 30 analyses written but only about 20 videos made on my YouTube channel because I'm so OCD when it comes to editing that I take way longer than I should.
>>
>>38657701
Just watch the videos and make music man stop doing it like that
>>
File: 1499170833096.png (232KB, 514x462px) Image search: [Google]
1499170833096.png
232KB, 514x462px
>>38657731
Sounds good mane

still kinda want a buddy/partner in crime though ;-;
>>
>>38657677
I'm actually OP though. You didn't even attempt to copy my style of prose.
>>
hEY GUYs XD

lets do a storytime lol
>be me
>be a tard
>get 'tarded idea
>shit myself on the bus
>black guy tells me he smells a shit
>so I tell him
>no that wasn't me lol
>then the bus driver stops and tells everyone to getttttttttt out
>and I'm just all like
>"whatchu talking about william (he's bbblack)
>farts
>>
>>38657749
I'm 3 years deep of constant non stop like Buddhist mountain style studying though you need to find someone just starting off I would literally be showing you the ropes to a style and genre of music you don't even want to make

Your style of music should be easy to start with tho at least download a drum kit or 3 for your genre of music lay down a chord progression that plays through the whole song just 3 chords loop them and use an ambient sound that the 80s would have use a simple drum pattern loop that on top of it and make a lead melody and mix it from there
>>
>>38657628
not trying to be mean but i think you should just take the normie road
>>
>>38657803
Thanks for the tips mane, I just have a shit ton on my plate right now and, hopefully this doesn't sound pretentious, but I'm way too ambitious about the songs I wrote and recorded - I feel like the rhythms are originally catchy and deep sounding enough to not be meme/normie music, if that makes sense.

I just want the instrumentals to be perfect if I do decide to make them, I don't wanna rush the potential...
>>
>>38657828
No that's exactly how writing is. I'm telling you man chords drum pattern and melody and it'll all start to come together when you mix it just drop the drums for 2 bars or something and the drums aren't even hard for that music you could literally put a kick drum at every 1 and set the hi hats to 2 step and fl would literally make the song for you lol not sure how hi hats would be chopped up for that but I'm guessing slowly and progressively
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.