[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Answers to Life

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 13

File: truth.png (8KB, 704x535px) Image search: [Google]
truth.png
8KB, 704x535px
Every human being on this planet is searching for an everlasting gratification. Something that will bring endless satisfaction until we die. It is the pursuit of pleasure born of desire that keeps us all going. However pleasure cannot exist without pain and desire cannot exist without disappointment. That is if you desire, you also suffer. So the search for an everlasting fulfillment is futile because no such thing exists. The human psyche is never satisfied; it was born of evolutionary survival after all. And survival is a competition that doesn't end.

If one realizes these things then you naturally ask what is it all about? What is this thing called life? And what does it mean to be human?

To answer these questions we'll pose one more question. What is the difference between existing and being?

To exist you must survive. But to be you don't have to do anything.

We all think we are in control of ourselves. We are always choosing, judging, deciding and acting. We think that 'we' are doing this, but who is the 'we'?

Is the experiencer of thought in control of thought? How can the controller be the controlled? Obviously he can't be, but we like to think otherwise. The person that you think you are, who you call the controller, is in fact the controlled. So you are not a controller at all, you have no say in the matter. You are a cart riding the rails of life and you have no say in where the cart goes, only the rails get to choose that.

But you say I must be more than this. You believe in a higher or lower self, but all of those are creations of thought. And thought is yourself. You cannot be your own creation because your creation is always a part of you, not the whole you.

The only way to know exactly what you are on the whole is to stop existing and just be. Existence is a struggle while being requires no effort. Is there an action which requires no expenditure of energy?

If anyone is interested we can go into this and you can find out who you are for real.
>>
>autism: the book
>>
>Just bee yourself

GEE THANKS OPIE
>>
>>38654960
I'm not saying that at all. The ego is an illusion. I'm just looking for fellow truth seekers. I'd like to try and show them the light that they seek.
>>
>>38654902
Sure OP, let's find out who I really am
>>
DUDE DETERMINISM LMAO
YOU DON'T EXIST LOL
tell me something i don't know
>>
>>38654984
Pay no mind to these autists. I have a different theory about what we are- basically I think we are a gene surrounded with flesh and the gene trying to be dominating and procreate and it has aways been here we are just the current representation of it. that is why we feel tfw no gf or tfw hungry because the gene is threatened.
>>
>>38655065
There are no such words as "me" or "mine." Words of this nature were introduced into society as a control mechanism which systematically divided the subjects first individually, and then as a collective.
>>
>>38654984

But generally yes. Ego is just an illusion. Civilisations are an illusion. We are an illusion.
>>
>>38655097
Thr ego "i" call "i" knows that me and mine don't exist. "I" have my doubts about your latter statement.
>>
>>38654902
>OP turned 15 : the post
>>
>>38655121
From now on, any person or object whatsoever that requires your attention is something that has veered from its path and preordained destiny of total enlightenment.
>>
>>38655089
>evolution and natural selection: as explained by and to a retard
wow so ground breaking
>>
>>38654902
This sounds like cult recruitment.
>>
File: Smugkin.png (1MB, 836x815px) Image search: [Google]
Smugkin.png
1MB, 836x815px
>>38655145

It's classic Metzinger.

>Dude we don't exist because materialism lmao!!
>>
>>38655136
>implying you can veer from preordained destiny
m8...
>>
>>38655179
Free will, normative scum.
>>
>>38655190
but free will is the norm on which society operates
>>
File: Jon_Irenicus.jpg (30KB, 380x600px) Image search: [Google]
Jon_Irenicus.jpg
30KB, 380x600px
>Existence is a struggle while being requires no effort
You can pretend to be a sedentary rock as much as you like. Even the rock is subject to the natural dialectic of conflict and synthesis. The mere act of existing is strength as you affect the world around you.
>>
>>38654902
This is not the board or even website to get into detail about these subjects op.
I suggest hip forums
>>
>>38655212
>freedom is normal
I think you need to look up what those words mean.
>>
>>38655231
i don't think you understand what i'm trying to say, feel free to read your posts and all the responses once again
>>
>>38655097
>reads foucault once
>>
>>38655241
I'll feel free to ignore your unenlightened, course-veering, normie ass.
>>
>>38654902
Are you indirectly advocating for the Buddhist way of thinking? "Desire is the root of all suffering", therefore to never suffer one must eliminate all desire from their mind?
>>
>>38655267
you're confused about your own beliefs and you're trying to enlighten others, you're a snake oil salesman who thinks he's peddling somrus
>>
>>38655312
You don't even own a fucking dictionary, you lazy, uneducated, belligerent idiot. How hard is it to just look up what a norma is?
Fuck off and don't talk to me.
>>
>>38655055
If you really want to know who you are you must realize that the truth of it has nothing to do with 'you'. If 'you' seek the truth you'll never find it because it is 'you' that blocks you from the truth. 'You' being the only obstacle blocking you from the truth is dispelled when you realize the truth has nothing to do with anything you've ever thought, felt or done. If you realize this, not believe it or take my word for granted but actually realize it, then the mind will become very very quiet. And the truth will be known to you.

>>38655089
It's easy to say "I am the evolutionary product of survival" and think of that as your drive. As if that is the reason for your existence. But then the question what is it all for still arises. Do not fall into the trap of theories. There is no belief where truth is concerned. Only reality.

>>38655097
Indeed words are not the thing they describe and language is a terribly finicky structure that plays tricks on us. There are no words that convey the truth, though I speak in words they are not important. What is important is to see the entirety of what is conveyed.

>>38655103
You're only an illusion if you identify with your ego rather than seeing the ego as a product of yourself. Once you see truth, you no longer rely on your ego as a means of identification. Because in truth you realize you are unidentifiable.

>>38655145
I offer you no theories or propaganda. This is also not a lecture. I don't want you to believe me or worship me or anything. I want you to figure out the truth for yourself because only you can see it. I can't show it to you. So you might ask why I'm here then. Because if my words ring correctly with you then you will already be on your way.

>>38655218
But the world around you has an equal strength upon you as you do it. In reality the two aren't any different. You are the world.
>>
>>38654902
Isn't this how you permanently perceive reality after you've done shrooms?
>>
ITT: OP regurgitates tidbits of buddhist philosophy with a pessimistic twinge and calls it 'truth'
>>
>>38655329
i said free will is the norm on which society operates, and it's true, one could even say it's the normiest of norms
i didn't say i did or didn't believe in free will, i just said it because you implied free will is what causes one to veer from preordained destiny (might want to look up what preordained means btw) and called me a normative scum, which is downright hilarious
hope your peanut brain is able to graps all this
>>
>>38655379
>peanut brain is able to grapes
lellesy
>>
>>38655376
you don't even need to add any pessimistic twinge, buddhist philosophy does that on it's own
>>
>>38655297
What I say may overlap with Buddhism, Hinduism and some 'mystic' western religions. It is not possible to eliminate desire from the mind. One who desires to eliminate desire is still in desire. The pattern is only broken when you're no longer concerned with the past or future, but totally still in the present.

>>38655355
A friend of mine says he learned the truth after doing acid. I was just sitting in my room meditating when I came to the realization that if thought is time and the answers I was searching for were in the timeless, then thought could not ever encounter truth. This made the mind extremely silent as it realized futility, and in a state of non being I came to realize what I actually was.
>>
>>38655391
>one spelling mistake is the get out of jail card the other poster
welp, time to close this thread, purge the thread watcher and never return again
>>
>>38655425
That's what you get for not owning a dictionary.
>>
>>38655435
m8, you misunderstood my words completely, and you know this, don't blame me
>>
>>38655452
>doesn't own a dictionary
>tells others to look things up
You lazy, stupid trash monkey from a heap of rotten milk boogers.
Do your own fucking homework.
>>
>>38655415
Give me a break. You're undergoing depersonalization, not stumbling upon the capital T "Truth" of reality. What your spouting isn't a philosophy hammered out from arduous study and profound experience, it's the symptoms of a serious personality disorder.
>>
>>38655348
>But the world around you has an equal strength upon you as you do it. In reality the two aren't any different. You are the world.
Pantheistic sophistry. While technically correct no one could possibly function as a human and not distinguish between different faucets of the same universe.
>>
>>38655493
If that is what you think, so be it. I won't try to convince you otherwise. I'm not here to do any convincing.

>>38655523
Functioning as a human being requires thought, and thought requires identification to register and categorize. I don't disagree that the initial perception of most people is that I am here and the world is out there. However I am putting forth the notion that this perception is an illusion created by time. And that such a state as the timeless exists, but to enter it you can't be human anymore. You can only be. Another way to phrase it is as long as I am thinking, I can never know reality.
>>
File: 1473882588154.jpg (67KB, 700x714px) Image search: [Google]
1473882588154.jpg
67KB, 700x714px
>>38654902
Your original post seems to have a lot of parallels to Buddhism. The Four Noble truths are all about how life is suffering and cravings/urges/attachments are the origin of suffering. The Heart of The Buddha's Teaching by Thich Nhat Hanh https://soc2011.wikispaces.com/file/view/heartofteachings.pdf goes over all the main concepts of Buddhism which you may enjoy it. Another concept is The Non-Self in that if we're composed of cells which are in turn composed of atoms which are in turn composed of sub-atomic particles then what are we?

You seem to take The Non-Self from the angle of Determinism. So just say the world is Deterministic then if we didn't put criminals in jail they would know ahead of time that they'll get away with it so we have to imprison them so they won't do it. In similar fashion, we have experiences which alter our opinions and ideals which in turn alters the way we behave. We have things like urges and desires which are beyond our control (The Id according to Freud) but the Ego and The Super Ego can overrule them when we are strong enough.

I guess our opinions and ideals is who we are, but there's the waves of urges and desires which push or pull us in one direction or another but always somewhere in the middle.

Mastering your urges is a big part of Buddhism.
>>
>>38655747
Every action has a reaction, but then that action must have a pre-cursor action. This creates an infinite cause and effect line. What's important to see is not the cause and effect, but the connection between the two. For that connection has no precursor and no after effect. It is what it is.

If we suppose that as a human being I am a system, and that this system takes inputs (experiences) and creates an output (actions) then I am nothing more than a machine. But it is totally silly to think that if I am the machine that I also control the machine. A knife cannot cut itself.

Let me try to explain something briefly. The brain is a computer, but unlike a computer it is self aware. However if thought is thinking about thought, then that thought is not above thought. It is a continuation of thought. And thought by it's very nature is limited since it relies on knowledge which relies on memory. However thought is a divisor, it can never remember anything as clearly as the moment in which it happened. So since knowledge depends on memory and memory is always incomplete, knowledge will always be incomplete about anything. If you think that you can someday think of the truth, that is an impossibility. Because the truth is not limited. So thought plays no part in the truth. Truth cannot be an experience because experiences are stored in the brain as thoughts. However when the self is not there, when the brain is completely still, the truth is there.

It's like your entire life is a movie and then suddenly the projector stops projecting and you're faced with the reality that you've been staring at a screen and nothing more. But for the first time ever you see the screen.
>>
File: eww.jpg (107KB, 1786x1030px) Image search: [Google]
eww.jpg
107KB, 1786x1030px
Man, you're doing mistake here. The one that I've managed somehow to overcome without much of personal experience required.
You know, I have very similar worldview to yours, but the thing is, that such ideas are too alien for most of the normalgloids, including some part of /r9k/. The are simply incapable of deeper understanding.
So, in order to prevent unpleasant situations to occur, you simply dont share the inner contents of your brain WITH FUCKING ANYONE. NO ONE WILL UNDERSTAND. You will be laughed at. I'm not kidding. I saw enough of this shit to happen to people who I can relate to.
>>
>>38656071
Thank you for your concern but I'm not here to be 'liked' or anything. I'm not here for pleasure or my own enjoyment or anything like that. I just want people to wake up. Yes I know 99% of people who read my posts will think I'm crazy, but that doesn't bring me any dissatisfaction or anger or sorrow. Talking about the truth is all I have to offer anybody. I've gone my own way.

There's also the whole anonymous image board thing. This thread will have little repercussions on me if things turn out for the worst.

Thanks again though, and stay well.
>>
File: 1486553193434.jpg (914KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1486553193434.jpg
914KB, 1600x900px
>>38656108
If you really want this and you feel like it, then so be it, I have nothing against, but I know how can be sad sometimes trying to reach out for others and receiving nothing but dismissal. Sooner or later you just burn out and go deeper into the pit, but this is inevitable for people like us.
Have a good one too.
>>
>>38656071
It's not that people 'dont understand', it's that the world view the OP is describing is quite literally just personalization with a thin veneer of philosophical rationalization. Calling it 'the Truth' like it's the complete and definitive end of philosophy, like reality has been totally and utterly 'figured out' is suggestive of delusion, more warning signs of psychological dysfunction.

Preemptively anticipating people calling you nuts is a sign that you recognize your abnormal (disordered) mental state, another symptom of depersonalization.

I'd seriously recommend seeing a mental health professional about this. What's being spewed in this thread isn't serious philosophy, it's practically a cry for help.
>>
OP You have seen the light. You can't put that light into words, but please give me a method to see the light. Samsara is cancer.
>>
File: 1500328809998.jpg (157KB, 530x619px) Image search: [Google]
1500328809998.jpg
157KB, 530x619px
>>38656265
>like reality has been totally and utterly 'figured out' is suggestive of delusion
There is no truth at all.
There are multiple viewpoints, all reaching desperately out in the search of truth.
>signs of psychological dysfunction.
Please, go play in doctor somewhere else.
>I'd seriously recommend seeing a mental health professional about this
Dont you think that kinda half of this board needs to visit professional too?
>>
>>38656378
There is no method. The method in itself is nothing. You want to see the truth so you're searching for it, but how can you search for something you do not know? If you are searching for the unknown you'll never find it because the unknown cannot be known. If you get this then you'll see.

It is your very desire for truth that prevents you from seeing truth. But if you desire not to desire then you are still caught in desire. If you're looking for a starting point begin by being aware of yourself as you are; your thoughts, feelings and actions and don't try to delude yourself about them. See them as they actually are, in complete honesty. Then start making connections between them until you realize there is no connection at all between the ego and the truth.

If you understand this next part than I have nothing I can teach you. Thought is time as thought is only concerned with the past, future and present. Obviously that is all of time. Thought takes the past, modifies it through the present and projects into the future. But time like thought is just an illusion. The only barrier between you and truth is yourself but if the self is an illusion then there is no barrier at all.

Realize that a being of time can never come across the timeless. Not as an idea but as a fact, that there is nothing you can do to 'summon' the truth. Then you will realize that the truth has always been present and you just never noticed it was there. But it was meant to be that way.

The past and future don't exist. We live in an eternal present. You don't have to think hard about this, have you ever existed in a moment that wasn't now?
>>
>>38654902
Stop wasting your time with this garbage, humans are monkeys and there is no meaning to life, just enjoy your life.
>>
>>38656396
>There is no truth at all.
Well you're at odds with the OP who is frequently and explicitly labeling his half-formed pseudo-philosophy as "the TRUTH".

The rest of your post is an anemic defense against what are clear indicators of psychological dysfunction, trying to hand-wave them away, or insulting the messenger is just dodging the point.
>>
File: 1496834449580.jpg (25KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
1496834449580.jpg
25KB, 640x800px
>>38656578
He can see his viewpoint as the truth, that's logical.
But why do you see your point here to be better then his? You have your own truth which you are now imposing on him by calling it "psychological dysfunction" and thinking of yours as the better guide just like he does, regardless of what source it was acquired from, normalfag society or thinking in solitude.
I am no better, lol. But whats the point in judging others? You don't like it - you shut up and go somewhere else. It doesnt make any difference at all, hence all the dialogues on Earth are so miserably small in comparison to Universe.
>>
>>38656725
I'm not imposing anything. I'm pointing out clear indicators of personality disorder. If you believe psychology is just a bunch of made up mumbo jumbo and isn't worth anything then that's fine, but I tend to side with the psychological establishment that there are certain collections of symptoms that can be termed 'mental illness' and 'personality disorders' for good reason.

Spare me the wikipedia-version of moral relativism next time.
>>
>>38656535
Here's what I get. Basically I have to stumble upon the Truth. To increase the probability of this "stumbling" I need a higher level of awareness. So the question is how do I develope awareness. By trying to be aware of my thoughts and feelings is yet another thought. The loop continues. It's an unsolvable paradox.

I guess in the end I can just hope to be influenced on the right path. Influence me!
>>
When do you get mental illnesses like depression? When you make bad decision?
>>
File: 1495243580078.jpg (241KB, 1024x1336px) Image search: [Google]
1495243580078.jpg
241KB, 1024x1336px
>>38656777
>'m not imposing anything. I'm pointing out clear indicators of personality disorder
Yeah, but who said that this is disorder in the first place? Did you speak personally to those people who did even create this word combination? This is your normalgloid truth, OP has his own autistic truth.
I'm just pointing out at that fact.
>If you believe psychology is just a bunch of made up mumbo jumbo and isn't worth anything then that's fine
But its kinda funny to see all those efforts and appreciation towards one big milestone called normality. But yeah, it has its own value, flaws, pros and cons.
>moral relativism
Man, I have no clue about morals an sheit. You're on r9k, the most autistic board around, and you're on your own. Just dont bother too much and let us die off already.
>>
>>38656797
I have no desire to influence or persuade you. As a matter of fact I can't. I cannot tell you anything you don't already know, for if I do you have to take my word for it and believe me. And truth has no place where belief is concerned.

You ask me "How do I get to the truth?" and I can't give you a correct answer because it's a wrong question. It's like asking "How do I get to where I already am?" and the answer is "you're already there."

If we start with being aware of ourselves, we'll take an example. I am aware that I am attached to another person. In that emotional attachment there is great desire; to possess, to manipulate, to fulfill, etc. So I notice that attachment creates corruption. How? By creating fear that you'll lose them, by fighting to keep the object of your desire which is violence. But all these notions are caught in the realm of thought (by the very nature of attachment) and caught in the realm of time (I have them now, I didn't have them then and I want to keep them in the future). But time is an illusion.
If you see the truth of this, then why are you attached to anything? Don't answer me, just think it over for yourself.

Another example is discipline. When you discipline yourself you are creating suppression and suppression is violence. But you don't want to be violent, so you keep suppressing your violence but the suppression is violence! You are fighting fire with fire so why do you discipline yourself?

If you do this for all your thoughts and feelings, that is be aware of them and stick with them not try to change them by judging them but simply observe them, then you're left with what is.

And that's what the truth is. It's what is. The truth cannot be attached to, or disciplined or suppressed or judged. It merely is. And you are what merely is. So why do you play this game over and over again where you think you're a separate entity in this universe and wander aimlessly looking for something outside of yourself?
>>
>>38656918
>OP has his own autistic truth.
No, It's not OP's 'own' truth, he has been nothing but explicit that his truth is meant to be a universal truth, he even named the thread 'The Answers to Life' with a picture that says "the truth of >>YOUR<< existence". He made this thread for OTHER people, so he could share >>THE TRUTH<<, not 'A truth'.

>Yeah, but who said that this is disorder in the first place?
Did you speak to the people who invented English? Do you still find the language useful as a means to communicate? Social conventions may be subjective but that doesn't mean they're totally inapplicable.

>This is your normalgloid truth
I guarantee I've been on r9k longer than you have, probably longer than you've even known about 4chan.
>>
>>38654902
The truth to your post is that youre loony. Only crazies and religious nuts think they have life figured out. Fuck off
>>
>>38654902
i'll bite, lets do this
>>
File: 1487047942183.jpg (55KB, 1456x910px) Image search: [Google]
1487047942183.jpg
55KB, 1456x910px
>>38657046
>No, It's not OP's 'own' truth, he has been nothing but explicit that his truth is meant
If it annoys you this much, then whats the problem to hide/put it into fucking filter then, if you
> been on r9k longer than you have, probably longer than you've even known about 4chan.
>Social conventions may be subjective but that doesn't mean they're totally inapplicable.
I said already that things have their own pros and cons, just they may vary from person to person. But in my context it was rather pointing out that there is no such simple answer, such is >>THE TRUTH<< or teh psychological disorder.
>>
>>38656823
There's no such thing as a bad decision because good and bad don't exist. All decisions are what they are and turn out how they're meant to. It is only your own personal judgement that classifies them as bad when the universe sees them as completely natural since the universe did your decision for you. Because you are the universe.

Most mental illnesses like schizophrenia are very serious and I'm not going to say I know anything about it. Schizophrenia is an actual shrinking of the brain, so I can't say it's a person's own fault they got schizophrenia and that a couple ideas will cure them.

However natural human conditions like sorrow, pain, envy, etc that are a part of illnesses like depression stem from the ego and identification with the ego. Someone says something nasty about you and it hurts your self made image. You're the one who made the image, you're the one who judged their comment as negative and you're the one ruminating over the negative approval.

The ending of suffering occurs when the identification with the ego is abolished. Th ego itself is not abolished, but identification with it is. Because in truth you find a new way to identify. And it's not to.
>>
>>38657141
Huh, interesting. What do you think causes fear of intimacy? Disconnection from universe?
>>
>>38657140
You are one dense idiot. Trying to shroud everything in grayscale with cries of subjectivity isn't a substitute for nuanced understanding. It's a smokescreen for ignorance. Equating OP's ramblings about discovering the truth of reality with the academic and scientific process of categorizing of observable symptoms into conventions we call 'mental illnesses', as if there's really no difference between them makes you an idiot, not an objective third party who can see through both sides.
>>
I thought this was a quote from Evangelion.
>>
>>38657190
I can answer your question by answering an even shorter question. What causes fear? Because if we can figure out the root of fear, then 'fear of' becomes moot because it falls under the category of fear.

Time causes fear, in particular the future. You only have a problem when you think you have a problem. So thought is responsible for problems and actually thought is only capable of operating on problems. If you never had a problem you wouldn't think.

Coming to terms with reality, which is seeing the truth, ends all personal problems. And you begin to tackle global problems because you realize everybody else is you because everything is you.

To look into fear we'll look into the nature of thought. First an experience occurs, which is stored in the brain as memory. This memory is knowledge. That knowledge taken into the present is projected into the future, and fear is created. So you can see how fear and time are directly related. So the root of any fear is thought because thought is time. But all thoughts have nothing to do with the truth, they're all partial truths or straight up illusions. The truth is timeless and your brain is made of time. But the truth is all there is so time is an illusion created over top of truth.

In reality there is only the eternal moment. We can divide time up into categories but all of which are just thoughts and not actual. If you feel fear, it's because you're identifying with an ego that believes in the future. But the future never happens, only now happens. And now is always happening.
>>
>>38657044
I have studied non-duality and all this here and now stuff. I have had profound epiphanies while meditating or tripping acid, but nothing ever sticks. I feel I have developed a great logical framework to understand the meaning of life, but I guess I haven't had the absolute experience yet. I know all about trying to let go of attachments but these attachments are so subtle so it's tricky to become aware of them.

I feel like I'm missing one crucial piece of the puzzle that would start a chain reaction and catapult me to the here and now. Give me that piece.

If you recall your awakening wouldn't you say that there was one element that awoke you? If so what was it?
>>
File: 1484799709460.jpg (1MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1484799709460.jpg
1MB, 2000x2000px
>>38657244
>You are one dense idiot.
Who knows, maybe I am.
>Trying to shroud everything in grayscale with cries of subjectivity isn't a substitute for nuanced understanding.
And you're out of free will bitching so hard with somebody who does such idiotic and irredeemable thing? Lol, I have no wonders, you truly belong here
>It's a smokescreen for ignorance.
So, its like you're honestly concerned about this thread?
>Equating OP's ramblings about discovering the truth of reality with the academic and scientific process of categorizing of observable symptoms into conventions we call 'mental illnesses',
Oh, and here comes glorious you, who just points out this difference, but instead of doing something like
>discovering the truth of reality with the academic and scientific process
all what he does is bitching with idiots. Congratulations, you're no different.
>if there's really no difference between them makes you an idiot, not an objective third party who can see through both sides.
Maybe, but my penis knows better.
>>
>>38657367
Typical 90IQ brainlet, attacks the speaker and thinks he's addressed the point.
>>
>>38657054
>hurr durr I'm a little kid who doesn't have his life figured out
sort yourself out
>>
>>38657324
>future
That makes sense. I'm afraid of losing myself in the moment because i dont feel like myself but merely as a person who's body is different entity.
>>
File: 1486257227022.jpg (2MB, 1921x3132px) Image search: [Google]
1486257227022.jpg
2MB, 1921x3132px
>>38657407
>Typical 90IQ brainlet
I skipped half through IQ test, it was boring as shit.
Got 103 tho.
>attacks the speaker and thinks he's addressed the point.
And you seriously believe that we're doing here something important and productive, instead of trying to waste time on pointless dialogues? At least attacking the speaker is much more fun
>>
>>38657350
I was sitting in my bedroom trying to stop my thoughts. I knew that thought was time and that the truth was timeless, therefor not within the realm of thought. I got my mind incredibly silent to the point I was just observing nearby sounds without any chattering going on about them. After a few minutes of this I thought "There's nothing I'm thinking about, yet time still continues. What am I missing? What piece don't I have yet?" so I turned to awareness. Perhaps there was an underlying thought or emotion that was preventing my state of complete thoughtlessness. So in analyzing myself, I discovered I had an unpleasant feeling in my gut. Upon further observation I discovered it was fear. So I thought "What am I afraid of?" and the answer was I was afraid I would never know the truth, that someday I would be lying on my death bed and even if I had made it 99% of the way that wasn't good enough for me because I might as well have been 0% of the way. Then the great insight hit me. If my thoughts are time and the truth is timeless, then nothing I've ever done, am doing, or will do can ever bring forth the truth. That in fact, nothing in life was even related to the truth. They didn't overlap whatsoever! My entire struggle had been completely pointless because I was trying to figure it out when there was nothing to figure out. At that moment knowing there was nothing at all I could do, the mind became extraordinarily silent and I did nothing. In that instant I did nothing; I became nothing. And in becoming nothing I discovered I was everything.

The moment of truth, which is always in the present since the present is all there is, cannot be approached by a mind that is concerned with the past and future. This is where freedom from attachment comes in. NOTHING in this subjective reality has any value to the truth. So why do you cling to it? Just let go and experience the smallest amount of time possible, which is an instant, which is zero time. The timeless.
>>
File: IMG_0284.jpg (71KB, 600x305px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0284.jpg
71KB, 600x305px
>>38654902
hmm, I'm listening OP. Go on...
>>
>>38657435
What you feel doesn't matter. Now saying that probably frustrates you. Use that frustration as fuel to investigate further. Eventually you hit a point where you realize investigation won't get you anywhere, but was necessary up until that point.

You're afraid of the moment but you're in the moment right now. You see the moment as something that could happen in the future, but it's not it's happening right now. You haven't woken up yet because you're not ready to wake up.

You are not performing yourself. The universe is performing you. The entire act of the universe is making you behave how you are now. If you understand that then you realize you are the universe, and since you are the universe you can 'experience' the universe as a whole. I say 'experience' in quotation because experience always comes with an experiencer, but at the moment of thoughtlessness there is no experiencer anymore. The ego dies.

The vision of the truth is synonymous in my mind with ego death.
>>
>>38657494
Wow thanks! That resonated.
>>
>>38657591
That really doesnt say anything, besides that i suck at experiencing moment.
>>
>>38654902
You've got me very intrigued... when I see myself drifting along in life with a preset end state I initiate a change. I don't like the notion of predetermined actions that I cannot control. But then again, maybe my pathway in life is to do just that and I'm deluding myself just like everyone else. I want to be free from this notion of "fate" but I don't really know how to get around it. I'd like to believe about half of my thoughts are my own and the rest are just a result of reactions of the day to day interactions with people and situations. Knowing this much time is wasted on droning out is really depressing. What makes it worse is that I know people who don't think about this at all. This knowledge makes me think I'm alone over here...
>>
>>38657494
I really enjoyed that perspective. Thank you.
>>
>>38657713
Let's see if this speaks to you any better. Are you in control of your life or is your life being controlled? Obviously there must be some sort of controller, as you don't make an active effort to 'go on' everyday. You just do right? You keep pursuing desires, you keep being ambitious, you judge yourself like you are now (I suck, etc) but who is doing all this?

If we speak metaphorically, you're always chasing this person who dictates you. Who tells you what you want, who tells you what to do, who tells you what you like and dislike, you're always trailing in this persons footsteps. They're always one upping you. But when you finally catch up to them grab their shoulder and spin them around, you realize you're staring right into your own face. YOU have been doing all this. And for the first time ever, you see yourself as you actually are instead of convoluted by the illusionary lens of thought. You realize you aren't some self made image with a name, possessions, a body etc but that you are the eternal, the moment, the truth.

Coming to the moment means coming to the truth, it's an action that takes no effort, expends no energy and is completely holistic. The mind operates in the past and projects its ideals into the future. A mind that lives in the moment has no notion of a past or future. It just is.

We could also ask what is the thought that occurs in a moment? Obviously there can't be one, since thought is a language and languages take time to convey. No time means no language.

Do nothing without being passive. Ponder that one over. Doing nothing requires no experiencer.
>>
>>38657841
I understand this whole "moment" stuff as putting your foot the best your can on the stair - you dont look what's at the end of the stairs but also you dont look behind. I agree that fear of future is holding me back but i cannot defeat it because i'm afraid because the might be negative consequences because of doing what i think is right.
>>
>>38657761
When I was searching for the truth I thought there had been countless great philosophers before me, millions of people, and none of them could find the truth. So what chance in hell did I have? But I was determined to do it, no matter what the cost.

But once I discovered the truth, I realized that a handful of people besides myself also knew it. It's just that everybody called those people crazy and dismissed them because the truth cannot be proven, it can only be known. No one can help you see the truth, you may listen to my words but you interpret them so you're not really listening. You're not alone, you won't be the first and you won't be the last. The only thing that is truly alone is the eternal, because it's the whole universe.

Imagine if you could stand outside the universe and look in upon it. It would look like a tiny pocket of energy sitting in space, but is that not what the big bang was? Time is an illusion, we never left where we began. What has been has always been and forever will be. And you are this thing that is eternal, you just don't remember it because it cannot be remembered.

All of humanity shares the same psyche. That is if your brain operates on human nature, then human nature is fear, sorrow, pleasure, pain, desire, happiness, jealousy, anger, etc things that every single human being is familiar with. If this is indeed the operating system of your head, then everybody on earth is running the same operating system. You just have different files saved on your hard drive then the guy sitting beside you. But his files and your files are composed of the same materials.

Did that help at all?
>>
>>38657885
Embrace the fear, don't resist it. Hold it in your hands and be still with it. Why are you afraid of fear? Why do you fear fear? Ask yourself that one. Is fear really anything to fear? Or is fear an illusion to keep us away from the truth?

Unfortunately I cannot teach you freedom from fear. It requires being taught freedom from time, which is letting go of all attachments. The key is to see the reality of this situation, not the idea of it.

The good news is only you can teach yourself freedom from fear. You must have some deep personal fear yes? Be aware of that fear and summon it. Let it terrify you. Then observe it by being aware. Let the fear explain itself to you and you'll realize you're not scared of the unknown, you're scared of the known coming to an end. Which is what the truth is. Something unknowable. But its real.
>>
>>38657976
I'm afraid of my ass getting beaten because i voice my opinion. I remember that being mindful of your fears is a good thing - like seeing trains going by you but you're not sitting in them.
>>
>>38657913
Yeah it is nice to have the thoughts put to structure like that. I definitely have had them. As shitty as it was I had discovered this at an early age (16) due to some traumatic social events that led to what could be called an "ego death". It opened my eyes in a painful manner. I am unsure about one thought though: if I could go back and undo this series of epiphanies, would that be better than this?
>>
>>38654902
this is some of the most pretentious pseudophilosophical shit I have read in a long while. It's almost as bad as listening to people talk about buddhism, which you might as well be doing.
This thought clearly does stem from buddhist tradition after all. Consider the monk Suzuki who justified the Japanese atrocities during WW2 as a metaphysical "movement" of the universe itself to facilitate these events, the soldier raping the chinese women and butchering their civillians never had any influence on this, it was always a greater movement of the whole.
This of course is reminiscent of some schools of Hindu thought, which equate the atman (the metaphysical self) and the brahman (the whole of everything else).

Naturally your thought also walks the same paths as a few of the post-nihilist thinkers, but it has a much more spiritual bent, so I figured I'd focus on the religious things.
>>
>>38658018 cont.
Additionally this is exactly why I enjoy adrenaline fueled/life risking activities. It brings my thoughts and I out of the past/future and forces me to be in the moment. No worries can exist when your only struggle is to survive (Maslow's hierarchy essentially). You forget everything that ever bothered you or clouded you mind and you just "are" for those instances.
>>
>>38657996
Can you go deeper? Why would getting your ass kicked be so bad? Because you might die? Because you could be paralyzed or horribly disfigured? Or perhaps it's because someone is so opposed to your opinion they got violent, so you're afraid of the opposition. I don't know because I'm not you, but this is what I mean by letting the fear 'unravel' itself.

>>38658018
You can't go back, so why bother thinking about it? Even if you could rewind time, the exact same events would just play over again. It was what was meant to happen.

>>38658030
I didn't know I was practicing spirituality until I went online talking about the truth and got called every religious name in the book. I now realize my train of thought borrows from all of those things, but at the time I didn't.
>>
>>38658098
>Why would getting your ass kicked be so bad? Because you might die?
I'm afraid of physical sensations.
>so you're afraid of the opposition
I'm afraid of being opposition to someone as i rather take passive/observation position.
>>
>>38654902
Being, meaning, and everything else you said are a bunch of spooks
>>
>>38658172
The truth is not a physical sensation, nor does the truth have any opposition. The truth is not of the known. Keep going deeper, are those really the deepest recesses of your fears? You don't have to answer me, you can ponder it on your own. All attainment comes with fear, that is you attain to run away from something else that is fearful. An example is I want to be a great leader, so I fear being a poor leader. So I try my best to run from the fear by attainment.

>>38658222
I'm not sure what you mean by spooks. I'm not trying to 'spook' anybody.
>>
>>38658269
>You don't have to answer me,
But i have to. I'm afraid of not being perfect, hence the conflict means that i havent found the perfect solution. Now i do nothing because i'm afraid of wasting time by not doing the perfect thing.
>>
>>38658346
The fact is you're not perfect. To anybody. Not even yourself. The only person who thinks you're perfect is the universe. You only need a solution because you're in conflict, and you're only in conflict because you're confused and have contradicting desires. Now why are you in contradiction? Because of authority? Authority is a form of suppression and suppression is violence. A man who is violent can never know the truth. It's possible to be your own authority, which is also not okay.

What if I told you it's not possible to waste time because time isn't worth anything? Or more so, since it's an illusion you can't waste a trick. Because the trick isn't real.

I said earlier that investigation is necessary up until a point. Keep up the investigation work, if you leave here and decide never to touch this subject again then that is the true waste. You must be aware and observe yourself at all hours of the day to figure out what you really are and why you are this way.

The perfect solution is no solution, because the truth doesn't need a solution to be understood.
>>
>>38658269
Spooks are nonexistent, entirely subjective, artificial ideas that you think matter. Society is a spook. Truth is a spook. Meaning is a spook. Property is a spook. Spooks are spooks. What I'm saying is spooky. What you're saying is spooky.

Is that to say it doesn't "matter?" Beyond "matter" being a spook, it's up to each individual to say whether they want that to matter. Is it possible to be a truly 'spookless' individual? I can't say, but I think it would be interesting to see such a man.

In essence, I'm not refuting you per se, but you should realise that just because you found the "truth" doesn't mean anyone cares or that it's actually real, and maybe you should spend your time becoming more dehumanised and furthering yourself along your own path instead of seeking new recruits.
>>
>>38658490
'Spooks' are what make us human. But if you want to wallow around like an unspooked animal, go ahead
>>
>>38658482
I feel like an outcast, a person who's so afraid of "letting loose" and showing vulnerability through human instincts that he wants to be perfect being. Basically a human who's afraid to be human because of fear being dragged out into animal "domain" - being dirty, raw and sexual.
>>
>>38658514
I never said that. I said that what he is saying is untruthful and he should focus on himself instead of others, if he's actually looking to further his ideology. Life is about choosing what spooks to believe and I have my own. I think it's important to realise they are spooks though and to not shove them down everyone's throats, which I'm not saying OP is doing mind you.
>>
>>38658490
I leave it up to you to figure out if what I'm saying is real or not. I leave it up to everyone to find out for themselves. Does the truth matter? No, only to those who think it does. And thought is very meaningless. If nobody cared no one would speak to me, but since people are speaking I try to listen.

>>38658560
This thing you're experiencing called life is humanity. Humans by nature are violent, possessive, authoritative and greedy. You may say "I am not those things" but you are, you just don't see them or acknowledge them. If you say "I must not be greedy" then that very act of wanting to have more non greed is exactly why you're greedy. There is no way around it.

You are one thing, and you want the other. The thing you already are is fact, but you're always focusing on the non fact; the desire or thing that isn't real. The thing you're searching for cannot be attained, in an attempt to be perfect you will only become more non perfect. Again we're going back to the images we keep about ourselves, that is our ego and the ego is a myth.

You look out the window and see a tree. That tree is you, it is constituting your reality. Without that tree being there you wouldn't be there either.

When I listen to you speak, I know your words are honest. That is to say you mean what you say. But I keep wondering why you're deceiving yourself. You are already the perfect being who never judges and loves all for he is all. You just don't know it yet and continue to live in the illusion you can be better when you simply can't. You're already at your best.

I can call the truth by different names. Such as the nameless, the timeless, the eternal, love, the void, the nothing, the everything. And it's all just as much you as it is me, because we're the same being. We are humanity.
>>
>>38658812
>humanity
How do i become human?
>>
>>38658844
How do you become what you already are? You don't. You just be it.

Sit down somewhere you feel safe and try to meditate. Don't sit in some silly position, that's not meditation. Meditation is being honest with yourself to unravel the inner workings of the ego or self. As you discover more and more you'll make connections and then you'll make more connections and see the connections between the connections. Then you'll see it all leads up to one big umbrella fact, which is a fact that encompasses all other facts. And you'll see the truth will be undeniable.
>>
>>38658969
>Meditation
Should i think about something specific or about nothing?
>>
>>38659006
Don't force any thoughts. Do not judge whatsoever. Let everything happen naturally and just observe. You're not meditating with intent, because that's not meditation at all. You just want to be aware of the whole happenings of your mind and body. Not categorize them and say "this is good and that is bad" because then you're judging.

A friend of mine asked me if he could meditate while he had a song stuck in his head. He didn't know if that was appropriate or not. I didn't see the issue, if the song was natural let it flow on.
>>
>>38659045
Will i be able to live in the moment? Besides what are you doing in this cesspool of misery and sadness?
>>
>>38659063
Existing in the moment means to see the cracks in between time, or the instant. Which is zero time. It's only possible if you conquer fear which is to conquer time. Until you have no fear you can never enter into the timeless. If you're wondering how you will know what happened to you was the truth, trust me you'll know. It's pretty unforgettable even though its not memorable.

And to answer what I do, I live. I write music and watch youtube videos and hang out with friends. The truth to me was just a cessation of suffering caused by identification with a false ego. After that I had to keep on trucking, per se. I used to suffer from major depression but ever since I had my encounter with truth the world gets to me much less so long as I'm aware.

I strongly believe society won't change until we change ourselves. I've already awoken. Now it's everyone else's move.
>>
is op 12? anyone who thinks about life for even just a few minutes can piece this shit together

entry level people who think they've discovered something groundbreaking are the most phony faggots to ever exist
>>
If one wants to realize the truth, that is desire. If one desires, one can't be free from struggle, and thus can't get to the truth. I don't know about others, but if I stop desiring the truth, I revert to my habitual instinct of living while consumed by thought. Therefore, it is impossible, at least for me, to acquire truth.

Was it not like that for you, OP?
>>
This is bullshit

it's like saying a book is just random marks on a piece of paper and the story is just an illusion
>>
>>38654902
>The answers of life
There is no fucking answer. We exist and thats it. There is no point to our existence there are no reason why we exist. Its either deal with it or questions yourself until you find a stupid answer that will satisfy you.
Thread posts: 109
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.