[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/uni/ general

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 18

File: 1499589513245.png (762KB, 850x616px) Image search: [Google]
1499589513245.png
762KB, 850x616px
College is starting again in a month or so.
Are you prepared?
What do you plan to do this semester?
>>
>>38644961
>Are you prepared?
what does prepared even mean
Academically prepared? Sure. Mentally prepared? I wasn't when I started college and I still aren't now.

>What do you plan to do this semester?
Same shit I did the last 4
just lay around in bed posting on r9k watching anime
>>
>>38644961
Quarter system for me, I feel pretty prepared. Starting my second year, just need two more classes to declare my major, they aren't that hard either. My hardest waslast quarter, I'm comp sci.

I plan on just doing what I was before. I am very much motivated and interested in my field, so no troue academically.
I've been also keeping my eye on the previously learned material so I'm always refreshed and current, not rusty on much.

I just hate the math though, linear algebra sucks atm desu
>>
File: 1497899867835.jpg (301KB, 650x780px) Image search: [Google]
1497899867835.jpg
301KB, 650x780px
>>38645010
>what does prepared even mean

both of those things
>>
>being in education
>having at least some direction in life
>r9k

Why lads?
>>
File: 1499868631625.jpg (41KB, 339x501px) Image search: [Google]
1499868631625.jpg
41KB, 339x501px
>>38645079

Most degrees are frankly worthless and overpriced. The STEM meme is just that: a meme. Bachelor's degrees are the new high school diplomas. The job market is shit for almost everyone, and the massive debt education drops on kids prevents them from contributing to the economy for years, even decades.

To be honest most people are living out the college meme because a misguided group of parents, counselors, and teachers convinced it's still 1965 have been tirelessly pushing the "college is the only way" meme for years.

But if you don't get a degree you're fucked regardless, because so many people fell for the meme that applicants with degrees are a dime a dozen.
>>
>>38645054

>Compsci major

>Can barely handle basic lower division linear algebra

Why do people do this to themselves
>>
>>38645079
>Why lads?
my parents forced me to
it's not like I have a choice
>>
>>38644961
>Are you prepared?
no
>What do you plan to do this semester?
hope fully study this time
>>
>>38645367
I didn't say I couldn't handle it I just don't like doing it.
>>
>>38644961
>are you prepared
as prepared as I'll ever be I guess

>plans
try and get my GPA back to a 3.0
>>
File: fiat-slug.png (114KB, 300x254px) Image search: [Google]
fiat-slug.png
114KB, 300x254px
>prepared
really should go over what i leaned last year but too lazy

>plans
get my gpa back up, fucked around too much last 2 quarters
>>
I'm going to be a chemistryfag. My plan is to stick with it.
>>
>>38645881
Good idea
Also bump
>>
>>38644961
I read my textbooks already but I'm not prepared for the Chads and Stacies that will inevitably ruin the fun
>>
File: 1458403416546.jpg (84KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1458403416546.jpg
84KB, 480x360px
Another episode of "this semester it's the semester, I'll do something for my life, I'll improve, I'm done with shitty grades, this time is for real". Feels bad man.
>>
>doing comp science
>all high level abstraction shit
>get bored, switch to robotics
>all math and physics shit
>don't get to build any robots
>get bored and switch to chemistry
>already wasted 3 years
>if I switch again the government will stop paying me

Any chem majors here? is it a decent topic?
>>
>>38645881
>doing chemistry only for the hope that I will one day be able to synthesize LSD and Ritalin because I'm to beta to find a dealer
>>
>>38644961
this shit sucks its literally like adult highschool
>im purposely riding it out and not graduating because i would be then transfered to another school
>taking useless general classes to pass the time and because my parents want me to
>>
I'm getting a degree in studio art. I really don't care about my life or the world around me
>>
File: pepe.png (86KB, 327x367px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.png
86KB, 327x367px
One more year, social life blows. Pretty confident about GPA and money and future jobs, yet I'm not looking forward to any of it.

What should I do my last year?
>>
File: 1468102277644.jpg (38KB, 393x393px) Image search: [Google]
1468102277644.jpg
38KB, 393x393px
>College is starting again in a month or so.
thanks for reminding cunt
>>
File: download (3).jpg (8KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
8KB, 236x236px
>>38644961
any buffs here? im a first year and need friends
>>
>>38644961

Who here /history/?

Why couldn't I be good at Maths
>>
>>38648290
fuck, I want to study history but I'm afraid that the degree is useless and waste of time
What are your experiences anon?
I'm on Junior College studying CS and I hate it. Need to finish the 4th year (where I need to find a 6 month internship) and I don't know how I'm going to do it.
>>
File: truth.jpg (33KB, 620x410px) Image search: [Google]
truth.jpg
33KB, 620x410px
>tfw will end up surrounded by blue haired landwhales, skinny beta males already balding at 20, and some angry whore screaming about something Trump never did again
I should just stay home, but I've already come this far, may as well fucking do it again
>>
>>38644961
The only way I'll survive this time is if I change my habits and stop procrastinating, and join some clubs and make some friends.
I feel like I barely survived last semester.
>>
>>38647950
>I'm getting a degree in studio art. I really don't care about my life or the world around me
that sounds like it might be pretty cool senpai

is there any medium you "specialize" in or something?

What year are you?
>>
one thread page 10 save rave
>>
I'm only taking 4 classes this semester. I've got intro to sociology, intro to psychology, public speaking, and English Composition I. All the teachers came up good on rate my profressor. I only go to school on Monday and Wednesday which is cool, but I don't know what I would do with the rest of the time I have off, people are telling me to get a job but I'm not so sure, nobody seems to want to hire me anyway. fresh out of HS, I'm staying optimistic, maybe it'll be good, but the real shit starts after I finish the 1st semester and transfer to the college I really wanna go to in the spring.
>>
Leaving my PC at home so I don't waste all my time playing video games.
>>
File: youngmarine.jpg (12KB, 225x300px) Image search: [Google]
youngmarine.jpg
12KB, 225x300px
im taking beginning french and a creative writing class to help me get better at my poetry/songwriting.
wanted to take a british literature class but i really don't feel like taking another english composition class to be able to take it, when i barely got by the first english comp one.
hopefully i'll see some qt's.
>>
File: Feels_good_man.jpg (20KB, 329x357px) Image search: [Google]
Feels_good_man.jpg
20KB, 329x357px
>>38648486
>tfw going to one of the few colleges that's generally conservative
have fun being berated by neoliberal landwhales
>>
>>38650086
That's pretty nice. My college seems to be pretty evenly mixed, so it hasn't been too bad. Are the professors openly conservative?
>>
File: zxc.jpg (30KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
zxc.jpg
30KB, 500x500px
>Changed major for senior year
Let's see how this goes, brobots. My education will be free this year but not so sure after this (I will certainly have to continue for an extra year), though the major I'm going into has lots of co-op and internship opportunities, unlike my old one, so I have high hopes.
>>
>>38650168
No pretty mixed on the professor side. The town and students are pretty conservative, though. That's just how Wyoming is I guess.
>>
>>38650192
from what to what did you switch?
>>
>>38650351
Spanish to Computer Engineering with a Software Engineering certificate (actually still keeping the Spanish major to maintain Phi Beta Kappa membership). Originally wanted to teach foreign languages but after a service learning activity I realized I was meming myself so I switched.
>>
File: 1498692529582.png (286KB, 482x427px) Image search: [Google]
1498692529582.png
286KB, 482x427px
>>38645340
>tfw made it into a really good engineering school
>tfw failed out of engineering and had to switch to history
>tfw no future for me
The worst is when i tell people that i study history. There's always an awkward pause after I say it. I had one guy who was working as a manager of a paint store tell me I made a mistake. He was a history major too, and now he manages a paint store. I know I fucked up, but they don't have to rub it in.
>>
>>38650535
>now he manages a paint store
being a manager of a store isn't too bad, is it?
>>
>>38650785
not him, but i imagine the debt he was put under while doing that just to be a manager at a paint store must make him feel like shit. could've just taken out a loan and opened up a comfy coffee shop for the same amount of $$$
>>
Stepping out of NEETdom and going to uni for CS lads
>>
File: images.jpg (9KB, 223x226px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 223x226px
I tried to be a music major in performing classical music but I'm too autistic for the shitty diva normie politics if you are talented plus too autistic to have conversations they will hate you and if a teacher senses you might be more talented than them while being autistic they might bully you. Art majors have highest instancws of academic bullying and I saw it

I gotta go solo everything they teach you can learn yourself easier
>>
>>38651115
how do you actually become a major in performing?
my uni doesn't have that, and that's about the only thing i can imagine staying in school longer than a year.
>>
>>38650535
What school did you go to anon?
maybe go back and get your engineering degree? Will they let you?
>>
>>38651186
Certain schools will have classes for instruments and vocals as well as the usual music theory stuff

If you can already play well I think you can send in recordings of yourself playing well tempered clavier to scholarship groups to get scholarships, get into actual conservatories etc
>>
>>38651186
also if you are autistic enough to do it you can learn to play sheet music flawlessly yourself and get into orchestras, the music degree is just a piece of paper
>>
>>38651285
>>38651306
my school has class piano, guitar, etc but i thought you meant like courses where they help eventually get you a career out of performing. my state is devoid of any actual conservatories, like there's zero within 100 miles of here. but i have an aunt in chicago where im hoping to move to to get into one. still need a lot of practice though.
>>
File: maxresdefault-1.jpg (252KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-1.jpg
252KB, 1920x1080px
>>38648290
History/English Lit here

Took the GRE (an exam for graduate school acceptance) in the U.S and fucking bombed the math, but did great on the other sections

Why does math have to fucking exist?
>>
>>38647980
Same here, I fucking hate the people I live with, and I still live on campus which FUCKING SUCKS. At least we both have one more year of this shit
>>
>>38644961
>gpa has dropped and now they took away my financial aid
>can't afford to take classes without financial aid, can't get my aid back until i take more classes to raise my gpa

fuck me boys
>>
>>38651474
do the finger stretches and fix your posture dont make the mistake that knocked me out of playing for 2 years fren
>>
>>38647313
The fuck do you want Ritalin for
>>
Just came to the realisation that when I graduate I'll actually have to become an engineer, and that even if I understand all the theory I will never be mentally capable of being one.
>>
File: 1422917235414.jpg (167KB, 414x667px) Image search: [Google]
1422917235414.jpg
167KB, 414x667px
Where my accounting niggas at
>>
Starting uni with aims for choosing econ finance or accounting by the end of the year when we specialize.

I'm moving to my own studio flat and in my country the studying is free with government paying my rent and leaving 200e/month to spend on living. Feels fucking grest man even if I'll make zero friends and become even mire reclusive than I am now.
>>
>>38644961
Not really. I'll probably end up killing myself soon anyway, so I'm not too concerned.
>>
>>38652387
The fuck? The government pays your fucking rent? What country are you from?
>>
File: 1497063441812.jpg (253KB, 2048x1447px) Image search: [Google]
1497063441812.jpg
253KB, 2048x1447px
>>38652342
Accounting bro reporting

Taking my first accounting class this semester. Hopefully i like it and get a good grade. Dont knoe what else i would change it to.
>>
>>38652020
I know that feel. My employers are finally starting to cotton on to the fact that while I'm a reasonably intelligent guy, I'm not cut out for the work environment.

I miss academia. I functioned better there.
>>
>>38652475

Finland. The rent for my apartment is 330e/m and I receive 550e/m from the government. Perfect sized apartment for me with shower, kitchen and absolute privacy.
>>
going back after two attempts and a "nothing" year... while working at mcdonald's on the side
I hope the depression will stay away this time.

At least it's free here, good luck to all those who have to pay exorbitant prices.
>>
>>38649622
so glad I did this. I have my laptop with a few staple games but if I bring my desktop I'll never leave my room. you're making the right decision. go lift instead or join organizations. just go do anything outside your room
>>
>>38652532
Finance is an option. It's pretty similar without the upper level accounting classes, obviously
>>
>>38652475

You can do this in America if you're a nigger with lots of children you are unable to provide for, it's called Section 8 housing
>>
>>38653125
Finance is much harder and much more forward looking than accounting desu. I didn't find finance and accounting similar at all. Accounting was much more focused on the regulatory environment, tax statutes, auditing standards and procedures, business law, etc.
>>
>>38650086
>he doesn't know what 'neoliberal' means
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.