[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Diploma/certificate fucker here. I live in the UK and want to

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: B5Y8FkyCAAMZ4d6.jpg (63KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
B5Y8FkyCAAMZ4d6.jpg
63KB, 600x800px
Diploma/certificate fucker here. I live in the UK and want to acquire some ABRSM music grade certificates, and since I've not yet found anyone willing to give or sell theirs to me, I'm wondering how hard it would be to complete at least the first or second grades, playing keyboard/piano, as that's what I have access to? I'm a total beginner, and have never played an instrument before besides secondary school music lessons 10 years ago.

Any other robots play anything? How hard was it to pick up, and is it possible to do through youtube/online tutorials? I have plenty of time to practice so that's a non-issue.

Thanks for any responses.
>>
I did piano lessons as a kid, took me 3-4 months to get to grade 2, I don't know any decent online tutorials but if you can practice 1-2 hours daily every day you can probably do the same.
>>
>>38634669
I'd be happy getting to grade 2-3, if I can get that far on my own I may as well continue.

What's the difficulty curve like between grades?
>>
Not OP, but what's a good first instrument for a total beginner?

I'm thinking of picking up a harmonica since they're dirt cheap and therefore a low-cost investment into determining whether I enjoy playing music.
>>
>>38634203
Grades 1 and 2 are piss easy. It's really basic things like simple scales (C major etc) and a couple of simple tunes. You can find books that teach you everything you need to know for around 10 GBP on Amazon. Grade 5 is equivalent to a GCSE for reference
>>
>>38635809
Don't choose an instrument based on how easy/hard it is to play. If you pick something you like the sound of and find interesting you'll have an easier time practicing it
>>
>>38635817
Good to know, thanks.

oblong original oregano
>>
>>38634203
what the fuck even is this

how would someone sell you this?
>>
>>38635875
The most important thing to do is learn to read sheet music. You can probably wing everything other than the scales if you can read it competently
>>
>>38635843
>>38635843
I'm just scared to spend something like $400 on a clarinet and then find out I'm not into playing music.
>>
>>38635956
Try and find a private music teacher who teaches the instrument you want to learn. They often have multiple and do taster sessions
>>
>>38635956
I'm starting with keyboard as my sister used to play it so I'm not investing anything other than time if I don't enjoy it. >>38635989 This is really solid advice.
>>
i started with classical guitar. a beginner tier classical fingerstyle guitar is rather affordable and the information and teaching methods for it are more than abundant. Great instrument to toy around with fundamental music concepts and theory on, simple to maintain, and can be a gateway into learning other instruments. And once you start getting to Giuliani. Carcassi, Sor,and Carulli's more basic etudes, it becomes pretty exciting.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.