[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinking of getting a pet. Hate dogs, thinking of a snake. What

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

File: Smooth_Green_01.jpg (53KB, 700x400px) Image search: [Google]
Smooth_Green_01.jpg
53KB, 700x400px
Thinking of getting a pet. Hate dogs, thinking of a snake. What kind of snake should I get?
>>
Sand boas are very docile and easy look up a care sheet for the, despite their names don't use sand as a substate
>>
pythons are CUTE
>>
>>38629229
Go out in the woods and capture one. Let God decide what kind meets your path.
>>
Get a sugar glider anon. They're as sweet and smart as dogs while not being dogs
>>
thought about this, but snakes are considered weird, aren't they?
>>
>>38629229
I had a dog that was with me since i was born.When he died i was extremely sad but i wasn't able to cry.Till this day i have not paid my respects and i regret it.
>>
>>38629939

>snakes are considered weird

Fuck off normie. Your chad pets deserve to die.
>>
>>38629229
Mites are the biggest killer of pet snakes, make sure you take precautions. That and obviously feed/water it, get heating lamp, etc.
>>
>>38629229

whatever it may be, make sure you get it from an animal shelter
>>
>>38629229
Get a collection of peacock spiders
>>
Corn snakes or rosy boas are considered great starters
>>
>>38629229
don't get a sand python, or you'll just end up raising a magical pile of aspen chips. instead, go for a python; you can get a small one or a big one, according to your preference.
>>
>>38629229
There are many reptiles you could get, of course there are probably thousands of species of snake you could get, but lizards, turtles, and geckos are good options too. I've always wanted a chameleon, and I've heard monitors are very intelligent, like dogs of the reptile world. They can get pretty large though.

Personally I have a tarantula, they make great first pets as they are very easy to care for. No heat lamp required, only have to feed it once a week, doesn't make any noise/smell. To me it's the ideal pet.
>>
>>38629360
Wild animals aren't suitable for captivity.
They're always going to be stressed, nervous and unpredictable in your presence.
They're also full of bacteria and parasites that captive bred animals don't have to worry about.
>>
>>38629229
Snakes are heartless reptiles. Mammals are based and probably evolved emotions which is why we exist. Lizards and birds are unthinking cold calculating machines. The only reason they don't break out and choke you in your sleep is because they aren't hungry. They only exist to look cool in a terrarium.
>>
>>38630020
What happens if it's container falls over and gets out?
>>
>>38629229
Want a interactive, easy to care for snake that looks cute? Corn snake, want to say you own a snake but really only want a pet rock? get a Ball python, your probably to autistic to own anything harder to take care of if you have never owned one before so stick to those two.
>>
>>38629939
not really, snakes a pretty common, not dog or cat common but pretty common, most people would just think its kinda cool, and if they think its weird its probably more because they think your weird in general.
>>
>>38629229
Ive had plenty of reptiles anon. Dont get one

They are like having a robot as a pet. They feel no love or emotion, they also are not entertaining. They just sit in the same spot all day and wait for you to change their shit water
>>
Depends on how much space you have, what you're looking for and what you think you can handle.
My first snake was a boa constrictor.
>>
>>38629896
can't. they're illegal in my state.
>>
>>38630505
their bites are painful but never fatal. it would probably end up outside and get picked up by a bird or something.
>>
BEARDED DRAGONS
>>
are snakes social?

would they be lonely without another snake?
>>
Are there any friendly reptiles that show you lots of love?
>>
>>38631755
>>38631827
no, idiots.
>>
Milk snakes are fun. They have similar markings to coral snakes so you can fuck with people and tell them its venomous.
>>
File: hqdefault (3).jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (3).jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>38629229
>Hate dogs
Can non-whites stop coming here?
>>
What about turtles? They're good pets right?
>>
>>38630246
>Lizards and birds are unthinking cold calculating machines
Corvids are more intelligent than most mammals, by a huge margin.
>>
>>38631359
Not everyone needs pets as an emotional crutch.
I have them because they look nice and their behavior is interesting. That's all I want from a pet.
>>
>>38632504
They need very large enclosures, a varied diet, very powerful water filtration systems and they're a lifelong commitment. They'll probably outlive you.
Only get one if you have a lot of space and money for the enclosure and you're sure you'll never get tired of them.
>>
File: 20170114_223508.jpg (764KB, 2240x1344px) Image search: [Google]
20170114_223508.jpg
764KB, 2240x1344px
Guinea pigs are a true patricians pet
>>
>>38632820
What about those small ones you can fit in your palm?
>>
>>38630165
>They're always going to be stressed, nervous and unpredictable in your presence

I wonder if my parents caught me from the wild
>>
>>38632501
>butthurt dogfag
Dog is normietier pet
>>
File: smugwojak4v2.png (32KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
smugwojak4v2.png
32KB, 640x400px
>>38629229
A venomous one, so you have a suicide method if you decide to end your own life.
>>
>>38633828
They'll only stay small for so long.
If you want a small aquatic animal that's easy to care for try african dwarf frogs, they're very common in stores.
>>
>>38632504
Get a Tortoise, call it Tarter Sauce.
>>
Why not get a cat or a dog, something with the capacity to actually enjoy your presence?
>>
>>38629229
If you get a snake, feed it less often and it will grow slower, but also age slower.
>>
>>38634668
>feed it less often and it will grow slower, but also age slower.
But thats wrong you fucking retard.
>>
>>38632329
>>38632329
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeNx07qEElw
Tegu's a cute, CUTE!
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.