[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your opinion on fat shaming?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8

File: 1474885555255.png (595KB, 634x880px) Image search: [Google]
1474885555255.png
595KB, 634x880px
What is your opinion on fat shaming?
>>
>>38628559
It's like...it may motivate some fatties, but will probably discourage others. Unless you're just mean and want to be hurtful then who cares? But I think it's most destructive as opposed to being constructive
>>
It's good, we need more of it on the "cute belly gf" threads
>>
>>38628559
>What is your opinion on fat shaming?
fuck that dumbshit fag
that being said I think fat shaming is a net positive on the world
>>
No need to make fun of fat people at the gym, they're there for the same reason you are and just have a longer journey.
>>
>>38628559
I agree fat shaming should be done, but not to fatties in a gym. At least they're trying.
>>
I can no longer take people seriously when they use the word "shaming".
>>
>>38628559
>fat shaming

I don't give a fuck about fat people or what they do, i'm not in middle school anymore, i've got my own problems to deal with.
>>
>>38628601
I agree. At the end of the day it's hurtful, it just tells fatties to stay inside. I hate that our two options in mainstream society are:

>fatties are shit (edgelord fags like Milio)
or
>fatties are healthy (retarded tumblrinas)

They're both lies. Fat people need to get in shape, but we shouldn't mock them in the meantime. If I pass a fatass running in my neighborhood in the early morning, I just say "good morning" or "how ya doing". No sense in humiliating a person who recognizes that they have a problem and is working to fix it.
>>
File: 1442199809712.jpg (44KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
1442199809712.jpg
44KB, 500x364px
Pretty much what this >>38628721 anon said. I've got my own shitty life to worry about.
>>
Making fun of fat people at the gym is just shitty..they're trying at least..making fun of fat people like boogie2988 is another story
>>
File: 1494563321159.gif (479KB, 400x297px) Image search: [Google]
1494563321159.gif
479KB, 400x297px
I don't think fat shaming is a huge problem, but I'm not going to tease fatties when they're at the gym trying to take control of their lives. I actually admire gym fats. Good for that guy for trying to lose some weight and get healthy.

Also, judging by the haircut and profile picture of the guy who is doing the shaming, he's probably a fag and faggots are catty towards everyone.
>>
my opinion on fat shaming is that milo is a disgusting faggot who needs to be burned alive
>>
>>38628894
Do you know know who that is? He's a famous alt right YouTuber who is openly gay. Do you were right lol
>>
Think about it...it's the only reason people give a fuck to loose weight. When in reality most adults aside from girls checking you out don't actually give a shit about your weight, you're just not that important.
>>
>>38628894
That's Milo Loosenmypoopernoose. He's the giant flaming BLACKED cheerleader for the alt-right. So, there's no probably in this scenario about his chances of being a catty fag.
>>
Fat shaming is alright, I'm a fatty myself. But not to those actually in the gym trying to better themselves.
>>
>>38628721
they are potentially driving up medical costs, as well as other accommodations
>>
Making fun of fat people at the gym is like making fun of a heroin addict for going to rehab.

All you're doing is discouraging them from bettering themselves.

This guy is a cunt.
>>
>>38628559
If you're fat shaming someone, you want them to be not fat.

If they're at the gym, they're trying to become not fat.

Why hate on someone who's actively doing what you want them to do?
>>
>>38628559
Why fat shame someone while they're in the gym? It's okay to fat shame when they're not doing anything to make themselves healthier but the guy in the picture knows he has a problem and he's working to fix it.

This is why I get so anxious to go to the gym. I'm not fat but I'm skinny as fuck and I know some jackass is watching me pathetically lift weights. It probably took that fat fuck months to build up the courage to even set foot in a gym and this is what happens when he finally does.
>>
>>38628559
Whatever, this guy just trying to be edgy
>>
>>38628559
Fat shaming at a gym is like making fun of people at a rehabilitation center for doing drugs or at a hospital for being sick.
>>
>>38628559
OK at McDonald's.
Not OK at the gym.
>>
>>38629087
>doing drugs
Having done drugs*

One of those things that make more sense while writing it than reading it.
>>
>>38629022
>>38629023
>>38629087
Agreed, but this mammoth is sitting down and on his phone it looks like.

I see fat people doing literally nothing at gyms pretty often, and if I was a little younger or single I can imagine talking shit to them. The point is that they look disgusting and already wear their lifes work of mistakes; it's as natural to shame them as it is to announce your support of someone who's highly successful/a role model. Filters may be appropriate but it's not like it says anything about you if you hate on fatties. If they don't want to be shamed, they can lose the weight in or out of a gym.
>>
The fuck? You should fat shame people who actively make retarded statements like "its genetics" but not fat people who are actively trying to get skinny at the gym

fuck those guys
>>
>>38628649
At the gym is fine, but outside and shit they make me puke.

I orefer them clogging up the gym
>>
>>38628946
But you make my tax burden bigger with your fat ass
>>
File: Fucken roasties.jpg (5KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
Fucken roasties.jpg
5KB, 245x245px
>>38628559
I don't give a fuck what people do or how much they weight just don't be a dick to me and I'll be chill. Which is sadly something I am not much.
>>
>>38628559
this is retarded because the fat guy is at the gym
he's missing the whole point of fat shaming
the fat guy has been shamed enough and is trying to unfat himself
also milo is a niggerlover and pederast apologist
>>
>>38628875
Yeap...
Fat "acceptance" is like smoker "acceptance", except instead of playing into the hands of tobacco companies, the fat-acceptance movement plays into the hands of food laboratory companiesand fast food restaurants. Being fat is not healthy, it certainly isn't "ok", and it sets a bad precedent for the future generations. I know families that basically raised their kids on fucking fast food, which is just terrible. What the world (most US) needs is a health-acceptance movement that isn't funded by the dairy industry or the meat industry or McDonald's wherein we accept responsibility for our health and childrens' health
>>
>>38628559
fuck milo for making fun of a fat dude at the gym. he's trying to change. Fat acceptance and HAES people however should be encouraged to lose weight in a respectful but firm way.
>>
File: 1471472487980.jpg (38KB, 640x383px) Image search: [Google]
1471472487980.jpg
38KB, 640x383px
I don't get the fat hate threads on /fit/ and never did. Just because someone is struggling with an eating and mental disorder gives you a right to openly mock them? What kind of insecure piece of shit do you have to be to act like that? Nobody over the age of twenty in their right mind thinks its funny. Its sad really.

As someone who suffers from severe depression and obesity if someone came up to me and openly mocked me for being fat, I'd just drink whiskey and eat more, because I'm not mentally all there.
>>
>>38629272
>this mammoth is sitting down and on his phone it looks like.
To text his mom that he'll be there after her cancer treatment, or to look up proper form for his planned exercises, or to set up his playlist or he's watching anime and browsing this godawful place, why should it fucking matter if he's on his phone or what he's doing on it? Being fat doesn't require you to not use your phone at the gym. That's his business, the important part is that he's there at all.

>If they don't want to be shamed, they can lose the weight in or out of a gym.
Shaming at the gym gets less people in the gym who need to be in a place like a gym. Gyms prime the mind for exercise and easily allow myriad routines and activities many people can't do or afford out of them.

I don't really care about the subject in particular but in the abstract your side of things is universally harmful, way I see it.
>>
>>38629566
It reinforces the idea that fatness is unacceptable and if one were to become fat, then one would also become the subject of mockery. It's a fear-based motivational tactic.
>>
>>38629566
Society has always shamed people who fall outside the norm and it worked in 99% of the cases.

Stop overeating you fat subhuman.

>because I'm not mentally all there.

Being fat releases hormones that make you depressed, what you're doing now is just making shitty excuses.
>>
>>38629946
>it worked in 99% of the cases.
Depends on what you mean by worked.
>>
>>38629566
wah wah my behavior is excused because its a "mental disorder"
shut the fuck up nigger, wanting to eat more food than you need is not on the same tier as schizophrenia
>>
>>38628559
first of all, Milo should be put in a bog with all the other fags.
that being said, for the most part, fat people are disgusting and shaming them for it should be done in order to motivate them.
BUT, since the whole reason for fat shaming is to motivate them to get in shape, fats should not be shamed while they are exercising, because they are trying to be not fat anymore, and it will be harmful because they will be discouraged from going to the gym
>>
File: 3 fingers of milk.jpg (63KB, 809x569px) Image search: [Google]
3 fingers of milk.jpg
63KB, 809x569px
>mfw milo has already peaked and he will never be let back into the club because of the pedo thing
>>
>>38628939
>>38628961
>le leader of le alt right
Maybe last year when this photo was taken. He's completely irrelevant now, the pedo allegations destroyed him.
>>
This is actually a good example of why I can't give a fuck about Milo. Here he is making fun of a fat guy going to the gym. But a while ago he was complaining about some leftists making fun of some guy because he was overweight too. Not to mention Milo clearly has body issues if he's getting a liposuction with his body.

Anyways my general stance is leave them alone unless they try to start trying to convince people it's healthy. At that point go ahead, and tear into them. But so many people like to assume the inner workings of the head of some fatass and it just comes off as projecting most of the time to me.

>>38629272
This is a good example of this projecting I mentioned. You don't know what's going on. Maybe he's taking a break. Maybe he's responding to an important phonecall. The fact is all we do know is this self professed narcissistic man started taking pictures of fat people at the gym.
>>
>>38628559
My opinion is that Milo is a faggy little bitch who would never say half the shit he tweets to people's faces without like minded people around to protect him

And that fitness is important and should be encouraged
>>
File: 1496324410728-r9k.jpg (14KB, 240x198px) Image search: [Google]
1496324410728-r9k.jpg
14KB, 240x198px
>>38628559
>people exist that get this immensely upset when they see a fat person
>they get on social media and post about how upset it makes them
>they unironically believe that this will make fat people suddenly stop existing around them
Wow this the kind of vanity you hear about in greentext or fiction
also
>milo had to get liposuction because he was literally too lazy to go to the gym for a little belly fat
sides exiting stage left
>>
>>38628559
Your fuckin fat. Get your shit together and stop making excuses
>inb4 muh genetics
>>
i think you shouldn't try to console your insecurities by being a total asshole and calling other people stupid cause they're fat.
that guy is at the fucking gym, hes trying to loose his fat.
fat shaming is only good if you're trying to get them to help theirselves. but treating them like dogshit wont help themselves feel any better and make them more angry to you.
>>
>>38630611
>they unironically believe that this will make fat people suddenly stop existing around them

I've lost 80 lb now, still have some more to do. I ate like a pig as a stress relief. These people seem to believe that adding more stress would have somehow countered these destructive habits. Then some dude on the internet, always only the internet, claimed it would have been all he needed to start his weight loss.

Feels like the internet is just stuck on r/fatpeoplehate or the HAES bullshit, never something realistic between the two.
>>
>>38628559
Isn't this the gay pedophile guy?
>>
I think that only really really fat people should be shamed. I also think that nobody at a gym should be shamed.
>>
File: 1488306248826-mu.jpg (397KB, 956x720px) Image search: [Google]
1488306248826-mu.jpg
397KB, 956x720px
>>38630695
goddamn good on you man, keep it up! You will fucking make it!
also I think fat shaming can work and should be done when the person is entirely entrenched in the idea that it's ok for their health to be fat, or think that they defy the laws of physics and "can't get thin" because of their metabolism. Anyone can do it, for some it takes more effort but it's not impossible.
That being said mental health can fuck a person up and sometimes they need to have people care about them before they care about themselves. The whole love yourself before you can love others bullshit is normie doublespeak in denial of their continuous social acceptance and lack of ant knowledge of any form of social repulsion
>>
>>38629272
That guy is drenched in sweat, he's obviously trying. Don't make fun of someone for trying to right a wrong :(
>>
>>38628559
At least this guy is trying to lose weight.
>>
>>38630749
Nah it was a misunderstanding.
>>
>>38628559
>fat guy at the gym working out
>fat must be shamed whenever and wherever it occurs
>WHEREVER
Not even when a fat fuck is trying to improve himself he gets peace.what a joke.
>>
>>38628559
If you're living in a part of the world with mandatory healthcare, I think fat shaming and all kind of unhealthy shaming are a moral obligation for everyone.
Every asshole living an unhealthy life drives up the cost for everyone, you are still allowed to life like that, but you should be shamed for it, it should at least be stigmatized as an immoral act, as hurting society as a whole
>>
Fat shaming at the gym is dumb as fuck. What are you shaming them for? Actively trying to lose weight? One of the reasons some fatties dont go to the gym is they're scared of being judged because of stuff like that.
>>
>>38628559
The man was fucking working out, he did nothing wrong and is probably a nice guy. This is fucked up.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.