[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buddha Bot here again! AMA. Meditation/Buddhism thread! You all

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

Buddha Bot here again! AMA.
Meditation/Buddhism thread!
You all seem very stressed.
Breathe!

What meditation you guys do?
Growing any?
I just want you guys to know that I love you. Been browsing here a lonng time and I want help you guys in anyway I can.

"If you truly love yourself then you are never alone."
-Gautama Buddha
>>
OP
of course I make spelling errors.. grrr.
>>
>>38624011
How has meditation helped cope with being a robot? What areas of your life have been improved?

I used to meditate around 4 to 5 years ago. Helped me with stress but I only did it regularly for about 3 weeks, really want to start again
>>
OP
>gave up on my desire for a woman.
>depression is kept at bay
>anxiety is always at a minimum if I dont miss my meditation
>Ive become more loving towards strangers and myself
>More gentle
>feel compassion for people in bad situations when I used to not.
>>
>>38624141
How often do you meditate and for how long?
>>
>>38624076
OP
best way to start again is just make yourself do it.
>wake up
>shower/brush teeth
>eat your breakfast (if your eat breakfast)
>meditation

My meditation sessions are 30 min in the morning and 30 min at night.

If im not working its possibly more but it depends.
>>
>>38624011
>"If you truly love yourself then you are never alone."
>-Gautama Buddha
you made that up right?
source: MA in Japanese Religion, focusing on Zen.
>>
>>38624241
OP

I wouldnt recommend 30 min starting out though, ive been doing this since my teens. If I were you id shoot for 15 once a day. twice if you really want to get into it. gradually push yourself. thats what I did.

>2 15 mins for a month
>then 20 for a month
>then 25
>then 30

why a month? Its important to know im keeping consistant.
>>
>>38624308
OP
those are in my own words but Siddhartha stresses this a few times
>>
>>38624141
Also how did you get into Buddhism and why?

>>38624319
Since you were 15? So is your family Buddhist? How/why did you start?
>>
>>38624011
I read through 2 sutras and I feel like I have some understanding of Buddhism
I just think it's very hard to act the right way even tho I know it's better
>>
>>38624352
no, he never said that. if anything, he stressed seeing past oneself (anatman), not "loving oneself." thats one stupid, stupid hallmark phrase you came up with.
>>
>>38624359
>how did I get into buddhism

when I was 13-14 my brother showed me meditation through qi gong, or chi kung. he gave me a book called 365 Tao and I just started practicing. My parents raised me christian but I hated it and thought there was a whole lot of judgement involved. My dad was an alchoholic and there werw fights between him and my brother a lot so I grew up hating conflict and now here I am.
>>
>>38624402
OP

Okay man. Whatever you feel is right. I very well could be wrong. But theres no need call any of this stupid.
>>
>>38624011

Is meditation supposed to make my legs feel constant agony trying to get that stupid sitting pose correctly?

I've tried to meditate in the past but couldn't last more than 5 minutes without stopping because it was just physically uncomfortable.
>>
>>38624492
it's not about feeling. its a simple fact you would know if you actually knew what youre talking about.
>>
>>38624359
Buddhism got introduced me a little while later after i learned about the tao and i just delved right in.
>>
>>38624141
>gave up on my desire for a woman.

nice meme. and so destructive.

Desire of females is so intoxicating that it can help a man get through any pain.

but its desire, NOT desperation.
>>
>>38624519
OP

but thats not true anon! You are allowed to feel, its the attachment of the feeling you should watch. Feeling is inevitable in this world, however we just need to observe it and nothing more. Like a scientist looking through a microscope.
>>
>>38624502
OP

Look up Half Lotus position, and full lotus position. If you cant quite get it its fine, really all that matters is you are comfortable while you meditate. To this day I only do half lotus. If I do full my legs fall asleep and becomes a distraction
>>
>>38624575
youre an idiot. saying "whatever you feel is right" is a way to defend your made up quote without bothering to look at fact. that was my point, which you chose to ignore, or are too dumb to even get. keep playing pretend teacher though.
>>
>>38624545
OP

What I meant by that is I no longer cling to the idea of a romantic relationship with a woman. I should have been more descriptive, I appologize anon.
>>
>>38624678
OP

okay anon. you win, I lose.
>>
I have a question for you, OP.
Will meditation turn me into a indolent passive beta(even more so than I already am)?
And where do I start? Please link me to a good and complete website.
>>
>>38624545
>>38624683
Yeah... but the idea of romanticism and relationships are literally the only reason I work for a better day. Without that motivation, I'd be nothing.
>>
>>38625930
OP

not really. Youll realize these ideas of beta and alpha mean nothing.

http://dharmawisdom.org/teachings/resources/buddhism-beginners

this source sucks. websites suck in my opinion. most information youll find on meditation is through books, at least through my experience anyway. maybe someone will stumble across this thread and help.
>>
>>38625995
OP

Its good to have motivation anon! Just dont cling or suffering will follow from not having expectations met.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.