[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/uni/ general

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 235
Thread images: 41

File: 1499785035495.jpg (60KB, 693x663px) Image search: [Google]
1499785035495.jpg
60KB, 693x663px
School starts in a month or so boys, are you ready? What classes are you taking?
>>
>>38620131
Indiana University, starting up sophomore year.
Classes:
Calculus II
Classical Mythology
Beginning German II
CASE required class, some weird thing I gotta do to get in

I'm a statistics major

What about you, OP?
>>
>>38620131
Still torn between CS and English Studies, probably the former. I just hope I'm autistic enough for it
>>
>>38620180
Accounting

Macroeconomics
Business statistics
An anthropology class
Biology
Financial accounting

Looks retarded but I gotta take a humanities and science credit
>>
>>38620205
I'd go CS if you can handle the math and actually want a job
>>
I was NEET for the latter half of this semester. On the second of August I'm going in the army as a conscript (scandinavia is an interesting place to live). Having a break from uni, and moving away from this town will be nice.

Wish me luck fighting the cold.
>>
>>38620227
I was thinking about taking a business statistics class but it's blocked off since I'm not strictly a business major

feels bad man

Also what year are you?
>>
mine starts in about two months. I'll be taking QM, statistical physics, probably also optics and condensed matter and the rest is just a lot of astrophysics classes
>>
>>38620289
isnt uni in scandinavia fuckin' sick? ive got an online friend from Finland who goes to uni and he said it's p. much the best

why would you want to take a break?
>>
>>38620131
Who else /community college/ here?

Starting again next month and have no idea what I'm doing there. I'm starting to think I want a comfy should crushing office job, or a job at my school.
>>
>>38620356
I can't compare it to a university of any other country, as I have never gone to one. It's tuition free, but you still need money to live. I have aspergers (I lied about that to the army interviewer guy) so I don't really fit in anywhere I go. I just want a change of scenery, and I do enjoy nature, so I decided to do my best on the conscription tests and boom now I'm joining an artillery battalion.

In Finland you get money for free for studying at a university though, or at least some finns I know do.

I just want to move out of the house for a while, and get paid for doing so. It'll probably be terrible for a while but hey at least it's better than being NEET.
>>
File: 1421859493499.jpg (141KB, 680x1020px) Image search: [Google]
1421859493499.jpg
141KB, 680x1020px
>graduated one month ago with a master's
>still no job offers

Escapism was so much easier when I was still a college student.
>>
>>38620334
Going into year two currently, excited because I fucking love economics.

I know that feel, I was hoping I could take a life drawing class since I enjoy it but they're blocked off to art majors
>>
File: 1500971403061.jpg (57KB, 482x549px) Image search: [Google]
1500971403061.jpg
57KB, 482x549px
>>38620131
>graduated top of my class
>got a full ride scholarship to my uni
>went for cs because everyone said I was smart and that's what smart people do
>wrecked my gpa trying to stay in it
>eventually failed too many times
>had to switch to meme major
>currently doing fine
>have a job lined up for when I graduate
>only about a year left
>need 2.5 gpa to graduate though
>only have a 2.2
>probably going to have to do an extra year just to raise gpa
>parents are getting mad about having to pay for me
>can't support myself with my shitty minimum wage job I'm having to do with uni
who else here /burned out/
>>
>>38620437
What was your major?

I really hope you got a masters in a degree that'll open up more opportunities with one
>>
>>38620432
Agreed. I've been a NEET before, or at least had a little taste of the life, and Idk if it's something I'd want to do with my youth

sort of wish i could live in scandinavia desu : ^(
>>
Woo State, 3rd year bio/chem. The classes i'm taking aren't interesting trust me.
>>
>>38620468
lol, im the statistics guy previously in the thread

i tried CS my first semester and got fucked hard.

it was p. confusing, we used this really REALLY weird ass software language that was p. much just used because a Ph.D student at my uni made it, and it was super boring

glad i switched out
>>
>>38620506
>sort of wish i could live in scandinavia desu : ^(
It's nice here. I didn't get NEETbux though, or autismbux. I can get them if I want probably, but I'd rather not resort to that. I have been living on student loans for this whole time. I should have gotten a job but oh well.

Being NEET is kinda neat though, just laze around and do nothing all day. Really, livin' the dream.
>>
>>38620565
The languages were fine I still do very light coding in my free time working on making a game, I failed because of math, I went to a shitty high school so I never did any sort of real math and it fucked me once I got to uni I was just too far behind.
>>
>>38620131
I'm done trying to aim for a better life. Halfway through my last semester I lost all motivation to continue and I don't understand it because I was doing well. I let my grades fall, dropped out of the morning class I had because I could not get myself out of bed anymore. I'm living with my mom and going through the motions of applying to classes and when the time comes, I'll have to decide on a schedule where I get the car and get out of the house for several hours being "at school". My mom doesn't deserve what I am and I'm thinking that winter solstice is when I'm done with it all.
>>
>>38620503
Biochemical engineering, the worst of all engineering fields.
>>
You kids have no clue how lucky you are. I'd murder someone for 1 month off of work. All you have to do is study and take notes, pass tests. Not dealing with the day to day hell that is work life.
>>
>>38620437
Did you do any interneships? Have you ever had a serious job whether it was related to the major or not? Is you're resume actually decent? Are you including a cover letter and doing follow up calls to the places you're applying to?
>>
File: 1491025884376.gif (152KB, 500x516px) Image search: [Google]
1491025884376.gif
152KB, 500x516px
>>38620853
Sounds like you're just a bitch I work near full time and still do uni fine
>>
File: e8f649b7af-1486691472827.gif (2MB, 383x288px) Image search: [Google]
e8f649b7af-1486691472827.gif
2MB, 383x288px
>>38620131
Am I ready he asks. Heh, I've already started...kid.

Calculus II
Physics I
Biochemistry I
English (is fucking 4 credit hours for some reason)
More biology

>>38620468
How the mighty fall.
Makes me happy knowing those high school pricks aren't at the top anymore. It's my turn.
>>
>>38620820
Electrical engineering here, I'm praying it's not that bad
>>
>>38621233
Fuck off normalfag I had nothing but my grades in high school
>>
>>38620820
Why would you major in that? That's a meme degree like biomechanical engineering.
Why not just major in chemical engineering? It's basically the same thing.
>>
Computer science. I should probably start studying soon.
>>
>>38620131
>School starts in a month or so boys, are you ready? What classes are you taking?

Other than my standard course load for my major I'm taking a cool fun class about geological exploration

go into the mountains near campus twice a week, learn about geology in the field
>>
>>38620131
Have to go talk to a professor in a few days to ask him to not kick me out of a course because I don't meet the course requirements in a prerequisite course (got a 53 in a course that needs 63). There's still 4 slots in the course and I'm already enrolled. Hopefully he lets me take it, or I'll be extending my stay in uni from a total of 5 years to 6 just because of shitty course scheduling.
>>
>>38621438
Is this american education?
>53

So you got an F in the class when you needed at least a D?
>>
File: 1496356480495.png (358KB, 492x482px) Image search: [Google]
1496356480495.png
358KB, 492x482px
>>38621299
I didn't have anything, not even the grades. I was only able to get better in my senior/junior year.
The staff didn't give a fuck about anybody that wasn't in the honors program (that you had to pay to get in). You couldn't get help from teachers, dumbasses in the honors program were prioritized for classes before you, including AP classes, you weren't allowed to take certain classes (AP classes), the school counselors didn't care about you, and you were looked down on.

I was already that weird kid, but when everyone in your class goes on a trip (only honors students got field trips) but you, it really fucks with you and makes you hate ""smart"" people.
>>
File: large.jpg (44KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
44KB, 600x400px
>>38620131

>work as a media production internship
>working with the student association as a videographer/media content creator
>interning at the student newspaper as a features writer
>finishing up my media studies degree
>advanced doc with a few of my friends in the department
>media theory, and new media classes
>can't wait to start school and see my friends and mentors in the department
>also working some freelance video gigs this summer and into the fall
>probably going to make 50K this year alone while still in undergrad

This is literally what being a normie feels like, isn't it? lmao

inb4 some angry stemautist chimes in with some fake news"hurrr i'm 330k starting making 120k in an internship and still in middle school cover of forbes magazine hurr stay mad, nancy queers.
>>
File: image.jpg (144KB, 680x882px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144KB, 680x882px
Gonna start senior year boyos. Wish me luck
>>
>>38621477
Canadian oreganios
>>
File: 1488855541168.png (324KB, 494x484px) Image search: [Google]
1488855541168.png
324KB, 494x484px
Taking physics 1 for the 6th time.
>>
File: 嬉しいLさん.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
嬉しいLさん.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>38620131
>mfw Cambridge so I got 2 months left
>>
Polish cinema, Russian 2, Post Soviet politics, Russian history 1917, and Russian fairy tales.
>>
>>38621584
>Taking physics 1 for the 6th time.
dude...
>>
>>38621564
Final stretch nigga, you can do it. You got a job lined up yet?
>>
auburn pre-nursing

i got like 5 prereq classes, but i only have two days where i have classes (tuesday and thursday), and i have off monday wednesday and friday.
it's fuckin lit my boys
>>
>>38621584
Get it right this time senpai, read the textbook ahead of class schedule and actually do the textbook questions that nobody ever does. Physics will throw a lot of random ass calculations with different methods so you need to be at least vaguely familiar with most of them. Doing textbook questions helps with that. Always be on top of the class material, talk to your TA or prof 1 on 1 if you have any problems understanding class material or how to do a question.
>>
>>38621566
Is a 53 bad???

idk how canadian uni works

like what is that in terms of a grade scale
>>
>>38621584
>Can't pass physics 1
I don't think this major is for you
>>
>>38621616
Not yet, though i'll finish up my internship in 2 weeks. Should be a great resume booster
>>
>>38621610
Wtf are you doing...
>>
>>38621584
How do you feel about minorities and women?
>>
>>38621705
He fell for the /studywhatyouenjoy/ meme and he unironically enjoys learning about history like a fag.
>>
Currently in community college, had to retake 3 out of 4 classes. My gpa last semester was good so retaking these classes is just going to improve it. The time was wasted, but it's whatever.
>>
I'm taking the final required course for my BA program which is called "capstone" in the CSU system.. It's almost over for me lads
>>
>>38621683
It's bad, 53%, barely a pass but I got the credit (some stricter disciplines consider 60 a pass). My gpa is fucked because I lost all motivation in 2nd year and my grades tanked. Trying to pick up the pieces now and see if I can struggle through and graduate.
>>
>>38621748
>California
Don't post here ever again.
>>
File: 1499239913449.png (9KB, 446x399px) Image search: [Google]
1499239913449.png
9KB, 446x399px
this is the semester boys, this is the one where I turn it around and get all A's

I mean it this time
>>
>>38621830
Best st8. Suck it m8.
>>
Mechanical Engineering here boys, I'm still thinking of last minute changing it...
>>
>>38620205
CS if you want a fucking job. I thought I wanted to major in history and then I realized I don't want to be a poorfag for the rest of my life.

>>38620227
Anthropology was pretty cool. Hardest thing was remembering all the species of hominids and their characteristics.
>>
File: 1417291200380.jpg (33KB, 563x593px) Image search: [Google]
1417291200380.jpg
33KB, 563x593px
>>38621348
Because I'm an idiot. My parents expect me to get a good job fairly soon too.
>>
File: 8585843.jpg (82KB, 700x685px) Image search: [Google]
8585843.jpg
82KB, 700x685px
Things are either getting better or getting worse, and i'm not entirely sure which direction it will go.
good things that could happen:
>improved social life
>more engaged with coursework
>healthier lifestyle
>less drugs
bad things:
>drug abuse
>suicide
>apathy towards schoolwork
>continued social isolation

anybody here tried phenibut? i'm interested in using it for social anxiety.
>>
>>38620131
University of Kings College: Halifax
Year one German
Four credit arts program where I do a lot of reading and an essay every 2 weeks
>Tfw I'm the slowest reader ever and can't write an essay for shit
>>
>>38621670
I don't know why, but at some point early on the semester I just give up. Then the last month approaches and I suddenly care. How can I stop this?
>>
>>38622440
Think about it like this. You're paying to take that class. Doing badly in it reflects badly on your transcript.
Make sure to take the easiest professor you can.
Don't just write down your notes. Look back over them in another class. Unless you want to, you don't have to look at your notes when you're relaxing.
Study Groups.
Use your hatred for other ethnic/gender groups to help you. Them doing better than you means they're smarter than you, so get to it.
>>
>>38620180
i dont get uni in amurica... what is the point of doing all those scattered classes
>>
>>38622533
Before anybody gets the wrong idea. I'm not racist/sexist, but the poster I'm responding to most likely is, so this should motivate him/her.
>>
>>38621606
good luck getting fucked in the ass for 2-3 months at a time
>>
>>38622212
You probably won't listen but you really shouldn't take drugs for things like anxiety, depression, or adhd. Your brain literally grows dependent on them to function after a while and you're basically fucked for life. If you're not even 30 yet you've still got room for growth, don't fuck with chemicals in your head before then. A lot of kids are just energetic or unruly as children and are prescribed medication very early on which fucks them up for life.

>less drugs
Most of the normies I know smoke weed recreationally and that's their get together reasons and how they relax. I don't get it so I end up being the one guy that doesn't smoke up when they invite me.

>>38622440
You just have to keep in the mindset that you need to get through this, because you really do. I'm guessing your other grades aren't so great either. Check your college/university for graduation requirements. Some of them have a required GPA you need to graduate. One semester passes by very quickly, as long as you stay on top of your work and studies you'll get through. I got through my fuck up by looking at my grades and seeing that I was about to be suspended from university due to a low GPA so I had no choice but to work hard to bring it up. Still probably will have some trouble graduating, but if the next year and a half goes fine I should be able to slog through it.
>>
>tfw senior

I HAVE ONE MORE YEAR TO FUCK THE AZN QT'S

I CAN DO THIS
>>
>>38620131
Going on mandatory 5 week vacation next week, have fun in school faggots
>>
>>38622731
I was a senior but then I changed majors. Oh well, it was a good idea I think.
>>
1 year left of my software engineering study. First 2 years were loaded as fuck but the final 2 are comfy, having lots of free time to have fun with my roommates
>>
File: al gore.jpg (26KB, 650x507px) Image search: [Google]
al gore.jpg
26KB, 650x507px
>>38620131

Im enrolled in community college:

Online Intro to Photoshop
Online Intro to Web Development
English 101
Math 151 (College Algebra)

Im almost 27 years old, I still dont even care to do web dev. I don't know what other options I have at this point
>>
>>38622534
Universities in Murrica require elective credits, AKA making you take classes unrelated to your major to squeeze out more money with the excuse of "making you more well rounded".

It's beyond retarded, look at >>38620227. What fucking accountant needs to know anthropology and biology.
>>
>>38620131
Either nursing or nautical science for merchant navy. Wish me luck lads.
>>
>>38622660
Already done a year of it.
It's awful, but I do get a transient social life.
>>
File: 1447386943817.png (60KB, 207x198px) Image search: [Google]
1447386943817.png
60KB, 207x198px
>tfw i wish i was back in uni
recently graduated and no job, hate my meme degree as well, cant find anything I enjoy because depression meme, cant get a normal job since social anxiety/autism, parents starting to get on my ass, what the fuck do i do?
>>
>>38623566
How meme was your degree?
>>
>>38623586
civil engineering, but i cant stand construction
>>
>>38623367
Do accounting. Apparently it's very easy to get into, you literally only need to know high school level math, and your community college should offer an accounting program. Then you can get get a basic accounting job for experience while getting your other certifications. Work your way up or keep getting better certs and apply for better jobs with better pay.

>>38623566
A lot of engineering disciplines are in bad spots because senior engineers are only going to retire in 5-10 years so they don't need fresh blood. Honestly, if you hate your degree/job/job prospects that badly get another degree that you find easier/more interesting while you're still young. Once you get old you won't be able to pick up new things anymore. Alternatively apply for government jobs. An engineering degree is a good standard anyways so looking for general jobs should be easier.
>>
>>38623742
>You only need to know high school level math
Don't assume Accounting is a walk in the park because it's simple math. The concepts can be difficult and it involves a lot of memorization of when to do what and where. I remember struggling a fuck ton on debit and credit when I first started, though it becomes second nature.
>>
Struggling to finish writing my bachelor's even though the required length is only 20 pages. Why must writing be so difficult and boring? I even aced most of my courses so far but I just can't write for shit. I've been doing nothing but procrastinating on imageboards and youtube the past few days.

Also starting my 4th year in uni and not american.
>>
>>38623742
You need to at least be a normie to succeed in accounting.
>>
>>38623889
>20 pages
Christ I'm so sorry anon, most I ever had to write was 5 double spaced and even that was painful.
>>
>>38623874
That's true, but there aren't as many abstract concepts like in cs or chemistry. It's all there for you if you're willing to remember.

>>38623904
I knew this guy who had low grades across the board in high school, absolute trash social skills, nobody really liked him because he couldn't take a hint so he ended up alone most of the time, he was probably slightly autistic too. He went to community college and did accounting, no friends throughout college. I remember him telling me later on that they literally did fractions in first year and only in the subsequent years did they actually do high school level math. Regardless he found himself a low level job out of school very quickly and started getting certified and found a better job with as much starting pay as an engineer, while everyone was still shitting it up in university/college.

In accounting you don't need to interact with people for the most part, all you need to do is your job with numbers. I think they made some b movie about an autistic operator accountant called the accountant. But you get my point
>>
>>38624175
That's not how accounting works.
T. Accounting major
>>
>>38621549
can you hook me up with some connections or even better some gigs or just anything pls, I'm a very talented 20 year old boi living in Poland with a lot of experience, knowledge and skill in the area of film and media

I don't want to spend the rest of my life just eating pizza,
watching/reviewing films and having no one care about it
>>
>>38620627
Aim for the brainstem
>>
>>38624219
Oh yeah it definitely isn't on the same level as CS or Chemistry, but a lot of people go into it expecting an easy ride because of the high school math meme then get fucked.

And you definitely have to be social to get by in Accounting. You don't have to be Chad but you have to know how to speak with someone professionally and have good presentation skills if you want to make it.
>>
>>38624385
meant for
>>38624175

origionaliso
>>
>>38620627
yea thats the depression meme for you
>>
>>38621498
I feel you. I hated all the smart normie types at my school and I hate them.in college. Nothing more demoralizing then seeing chad and stacey do better than you even in school
>>
>>38620227
>accounting

my nigga, have fun with macro, financial, and biz stats at least
>>
fall quarter I'm going to have to commute for 2 to 3 hours per day
guys on have any tips? problem is that I get extremely carsick trying to read on the bus so I don't know if I can study or anything
>>
File: 1498155099702.jpg (98KB, 640x625px) Image search: [Google]
1498155099702.jpg
98KB, 640x625px
>>38624228
please someone help me

I need financial security and just money in general really badly

pls
>>
>>38624499
Yeah I can't wait, I'm loving this degree tbqh

>>38624539
Make sure you sit in a seat that's facing forward, I get carsick easily too and those seats that face sideways are hell.
>>
>>38620131
>School starts in a month
Thank god desu. No one is hiringcollege students where I live, so I'm stuck at home all day with no money to do anything with. At school I'll be able to do stuff and get a job at the tutoring center.
>>
>>38624582
Move to the UK and get a job as a plumber you fucking e-begging Polack nigger
>>
>>38620131
>Intro to mathematical reasoning
>number theory
>computer science I
>micro economics
>metaphysics
>>
>>38620131
Im doing computer science bois.
>>
>>38620131
Intro to parallel and distributed programming,
Computer networking,
Discrete Math,
Introductory Mechanics,
Seminar in bio-informatics

This is my third year, already took discrete math in the CS department, as well as the course after, but the Math department (want to get a minor) doesn't count it. Fucking cunts. What's annoying is that the CS department counts the Math department's equivalent.
>>
>>38624631
kill yourself you racist cunt, the UK is literal hell on earth so try and conjure up a more logical reply you actual moron.
>>
File: 1486011124684.png (233KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
1486011124684.png
233KB, 540x405px
>going into senior year
>haven't made a single friend in the past 4 years
>>
>scrounging for any classes that fit the bill because I'm late on signing up
>this looks good
>this class requires you to be taking another class I already completed at the same time
fuck you
>>
I'll be skulking the local community college

Calculus 1
Intro to chemistry
Intro to computer programming

I've got all the bullshit classes out of the way at this point
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (158KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
158KB, 1440x1080px
>>38624712
>the uk is hell on earth
see pic related
>Come up with a more logical response
All I have seen from your post anon is personal attack and nothing of logic. You are a hypocrite.
>>
I'm in engineering but I want some CS to put on my resume that I can just teach myself
do any of you CS students know what kind of projects look the best on a resume? I feel like it's a dumb question but I want something to prove that I know enough to be of use. not just a self-made game or anything
>>
>>38620131
>still haven't found housing
in the off chance any of you are at the university of st thomas please help
>>
File: spurdo_face.jpg (28KB, 600x459px) Image search: [Google]
spurdo_face.jpg
28KB, 600x459px
Anyone ever have the dream that you show up to class and you're the only one that forgot about some assignment that takes up over half the classes grade?

I graduated 5 years ago and I still do
>>
Do any of you niggers study your text books before classes start to get ahead of the curb?

All of mine just came in the mail and I have nothing else to do
>>
>>38624712
Conjure yourself a plunger and clean my kurwa you fucking bug eyed Slav
>>
File: 94.png (53KB, 1025x737px) Image search: [Google]
94.png
53KB, 1025x737px
>>38623742

not so sure about that desu
>>
File: 1359513186730.jpg (71KB, 500x658px) Image search: [Google]
1359513186730.jpg
71KB, 500x658px
>>38624819
Last semester I took an ISTA class to fulfill my unit quota. There were 2 exams that were 30% of the grade each, a presentation that was 30% and the rest was participation. Ended up attending about 5 lectures in total and managed to get an A, but the feer of missing an exam haunted me well after the semester ended.
>>
>>38620131
I wanna kill myself already.
>>
File: 1386740225025.jpg (114KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1386740225025.jpg
114KB, 960x540px
If any of you go to college, you're fucking retarded. I sincerely hope for your sake that your idiot parents are putting up the money and you're not getting yourselves in debt to fund your Marxist re-education. By the time you finish your degree, if you live in a Western country, your country will already have a program in place to bring in other people with your degree from foreign countries who are willing to do the job for much less money and fewer benefits.

>but i'm gonna do science and make sure i have job credentials for the robotic future ;^)
>>
>>38625006
this is only applicable for IT majors desu
>>
>>38624819

yeah that shit happens to me, but im 27 and still have no degree

I actually have dreams where I know I need to be in class but I am unable to find the classroom. Its like a weird recurring nightmare , but probably has something to do with my age and the fact I still am in community college
>>
>>38625006
this is why you should study liberal arts
>>
File: 1499629693362.jpg (741KB, 1280x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1499629693362.jpg
741KB, 1280x1440px
>>38624735
It hurts as you watch people you recognize from your major become close while you remain aloof.
>>
soon starting with poli sci. should i start calculating how long i will survive with only ramen after i get my degree ?
>>
File: pepe glasses paper hand.jpg (59KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
pepe glasses paper hand.jpg
59KB, 655x527px
>this first year accounting student talking like he knows everything
>>
>was supposed to be studying to make up for the classes I failed last year
>instead did nothing but work and play vidya
fug
>>
>>38624439
> Nothing more demoralizing then seeing chad and stacey do better than you even in school

haha that brings me back to college, amazing how I spent so much time beating myself up about some dumb shit I can't change. Some people are just better than others but what can you do
>>
S.hemisphere fag so I'm already back, but
>put on academic probation because of typical /uni/ behavior, anxiety, etc
>actually take it as a wake up call
>go to class 90%+, hand in everything on time because I look at it before the last minute
>made 2A 2B+
Now I just feel like shit with the realization that I could have been doing so much better but I'll keep going and finish strong. You too can do it.
>>
>>38624735
Better than making a friend and then losing them because they suddenly think you're just riding off them for A's

Fuck you, Eric
>>
File: pepe.png (86KB, 327x367px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.png
86KB, 327x367px
>>38620131
Bunch of bullshit upper level computer engineering classes and some requisites for a sociology minor. I hate everything but I'm sitting on a 3.95 so I guess I have to finish out one last year.
>>
>>38625341
Pitt checkin in. Returning to CS this upcoming spring.
>>
File: hat1.png (1MB, 918x1632px) Image search: [Google]
hat1.png
1MB, 918x1632px
>>38625370
You on co-op or just took a break?
>>
>Have to take master's accounting and master's investments in the same semester
I fucking hater finance, it's so tedious
>>
Public Accountant here (3 years out). If anyone is thinking about going that route, don't do it. They work you like a dog. I travel all the time; everyone i work with are college bros; and I barely have time to play games, watch anime, or browse 4chan.
>>
>>38625448
Why the fuck would you ever go public, private accounting is the dream
>>
>>38625415
Break. I only went for 2 semesters and then just left basically.
>>
>>38623367

what have you been doing for the past 10 years
>>
>>38625611
Neat, see you round probably
>>
>>38624846
lmao are you actually mentally challenged or just a pathetic moron, at least use the word properly.
>>
i already finished college, been neet for a year now, my only plan is to waste away
>>
Calc 2
Biochem 2
Cancer cell something
Immunology
And fucking us gov
>3 hour labs for each science course
>all in one day because of scheduling

How fucked am I
>>
eh not sure

Microcomputers II
Lab
Electromagnetics I
Electrical Analysis
World History
>>
File: IMG_2836.jpg (936KB, 2662x2662px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2836.jpg
936KB, 2662x2662px
Friendly reminder that if you don't integrate into a friends group within the first week you will NEVER get any college friends.
>>
>>38620131
None because I graduated. I don't have a job either and I was going back to grad school anyway. God I regret trying/wanting to take a gap year.
>>
Anyone else going to college just because they don't know what the fuck else to do with their life? That's my case. I have literally zero clue what to do after college. If my life doesn't improve by 28, I'm jumping in front of a truck.
>>
>>38620131
Programming 1
Physics 1
Japanese 1
Gay Writing class 2

comp sci major here, finished literally all math requirements before college (up through diff eq), pretty much just have to take some stats and physics classes.
>>
>>38623609
>but i can't stand construction
the fuck did you major in the only engineering field where you would have to be in construction
>>
the worst part about college is that I still have to live on campus and you can't read loli on campus
>>
>>38620131
>be me
>18
>fail half my classes
>school has been the same since 3rd grade
>80%+ of my depression comes from being in a shithole away from home for 10 hours a day

>what classes are you taking

doesn't matter because im dropping out as soon as i get a long break and can move in with my mom and my father can finally disown me for not finishing high school

>tfw i could have a college degree right now if my father didn't hold me back from dropping out when i was 16
>literally says he'd rather i finish high school than get a GED and a college degree

absolutely cucked

/rant
>>
>>38626393
shiri keeps me alive
>>
>>38626704
>fails HS classes
>thinks he could get a college degree
wew lad
>>
>>38620565
Let me guess, racket?
>>
>>38626601
>comp sci major here
>finished literally all math requirements before college
Is "discrete structures" something that your uni offers? Definitely take it if you can. It's a CS requirement in most unis. That and linear algebra.
>>
>>38620348
I've got a quatum course, statistical mechanics, thermodynamics, and rounding it out with a collection of math courses
>>
>>38626951
how do you look at that class schedule and not want to kill yourself
>>
File: 1499614966110.jpg (32KB, 400x382px) Image search: [Google]
1499614966110.jpg
32KB, 400x382px
>>38627075
he isn't a brainlet
>>
>>38626672
I know I fucked up, but Im wondering what I should do now. I only got the degree since I had nothing else better to do and heard civil engineering was the easiest.
>>
>>38627230
You go into construction. If you don't want to, go back and go into grad school. If you get a PhD you can probably just consult and not have to actually go to construction sites/zones. At worst you'd still be able to teach.

Or go work at macdowells.
>>
>>38627075
Because I've got work experience in physics, and getting my degree means I can finally get out of the shitty small town where I grew up with an alcoholic stepdad, a workaholic mom, a sister who tried to murder me, and where the guy who molested me when I was five lives.

I also swore off killing myself because so many councilors thought they helped me when they made things worse that I refuse to die until I can call them and the mental health system out for being garbage and actually be heard
>>
>>38627187
>>>/sci/
Your memes aren't understood here.
>>
>>38627281
ah so ill just kill myself.
>>
File: 1500858606237.png (1MB, 943x943px) Image search: [Google]
1500858606237.png
1MB, 943x943px
>>38620131
I'm only taking 3 classes this semester because I have some wiggle room with AP credits, and I want to improve my study habits/GPA and join a club.

Starting my sophomore year with a 3.1
>>
Anybody else live on campus during the semester? Anybody else out of state? Are you excited to go back? I fucking hate living at home
>>
File: 1500588430303.jpg (109KB, 938x821px) Image search: [Google]
1500588430303.jpg
109KB, 938x821px
>>38628083
Here. My parents live out of state, and I would have no chance of making friends if I wasn't constantly surrounded by other people my age. I'm considering living on campus all 4 years.
>>
>>38628083
my parents don't trust me to not kill myself if I live alone. I hate living with them.
>>
>>38620131

GPA of 4.6/5, taking some cool classes, specially one about the story of Islam, should be interesting.
>>
>>38620131
Journalism, already got my student loan finalized today.
>>
I'm just looking for an excuse to drop out (again). I thought working some shitty minimum wage jobs would change my mind about college, and it kinda did for a while, but I just hate everything about college.
>>
>>38628234
>GPA of 4.6/5, taking some cool classes, specially one about the story of Islam, should be interesting.
What school do you go to anon?
>>
>>38626826
Yes.
DrRacket.

h-how did you know, anon?
>>
File: 1483919253713.jpg (66KB, 522x360px) Image search: [Google]
1483919253713.jpg
66KB, 522x360px
>>38620227
>>38620131

Accounting major too

im taking:
Accounting 2101
Business admin
Religious studies
Geography

hopefully ill like accounting because I honestly dont know what i would change it to. Im decent at math, anything higher than algebra like precal would rape me. and i do like working with people. any advice for an accouning major?
>>
File: 1500845025183.jpg (215KB, 640x1079px) Image search: [Google]
1500845025183.jpg
215KB, 640x1079px
>>38628880
>Im decent at math
>anything higher than algebra like precal would rape me

Fucking hell senpai. American I'm guessing? Where I come from Calc I is highschool level math, knowledge of which is required to enroll in any university no matter what degree you are seeking.
>>
>>38628991
Sounds comfy, what year?
>>
>>38620131
Medieval African History
Eastern European history of genocide
Religious texts
Early history of the United States
Japanese
>>
>>38629008
Sophomore year, first year was pretty similar though
>>
Anyone here go into the military before college? Thinking of joining the military to beat some motivation and discipline in me and finishing my college degree later.
>>
>>38620131
>are yo uready
I'm in engineering and we have trimesters, so I'm actually starting my finals in a week, and then a small break before restarting at the end of the month. God damn it man can't wait for a real break (but I wont have one).
>>
I'm taking NEET 101 because I was smart enough to work for a couple years to fund self employment so I'm essentially retired at 20.
>>
>>38629258
Care to explain what you're planning on doing?
>>
File: 1483999132592.png (145KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1483999132592.png
145KB, 550x550px
>>38628987
you guessed right, I am American. why would I remember something like that if I don't need it? I mean I did well in my math classes in high school so I'm not that bad, but calc or trig would destroy me. perks of American education.
>>
>>38625542
Because in order to be taken seriously in the profession you need at least two to three years of public accounting to get exposure and experience with particular accounting situations. Contrary to what these robots are saying about automation, a lot of accounting is about interpreting tax and regulatory statutes and applying them to company transactions. Usually, only the hacks or the very unlucky go directly into private. You get put out to pasture, get a good (not great) salary that tops out to about $75 - $80k, and do the same fucking transactions in the same industry for the rest of your life. If you want to go higher, like C-Suite or upper management, you have to go into public accounting.
>>
Computer science at Sussex uni here
>>
PSA: ALL INTROVERTED ROBOTS WHO DON'T LIKE LEAVING THE HOUSE AND HAVE FAST FINGER DEXTERITY FROM VIDEO GAMES OR INSTRUMENTS -- get into fucking Court Reporting and Captioning school right fucking now. You can work from home writing closed captions for television if youre willing to put in the work. Amazing job prospects.
>>
Computer Engineering

Differential Calculus
Linear Algebra
Programming fundamentals
Chemistry

That's it for this semester
>>
>stratigraphy
>statistics
>entomology
>microbiology
>a sort of thesis course but not really

>babby's physics
>/herp/ so reptiles and amphibians
>orinthology
>genetics
>more not thesis
>>
>>38629708
My dad is an entomologist, pretty neat shit desu. Have fun
>>
>>38629638
The fuck you need chemistry for...
>>
lads im going to community college for the first time, i still dont know what i want to do. what should i expect and do within the first days
>>
Having to take a foreign language for uni and thinking about going with Japanese, anyone else tried this? I'd like to think this is a good idea because I'd be at least a bit interested in learning it which will mean I'll be more motivated. But at the same time I know it's a harder language to learn. Also worried that the class will be filled with obnoxious fedora tipping Reddit weebs, but I guess that's not too different from a class filled with normalfags.

Also, how about ASL? My dad says I should take this since it's a blow off class, is it really that easy?
>>
>>38629778
not him but I did chemistry as well because its one of the core engineer class that we all have to do
>>
>>38629840
Take French anon.
Benefits:
first year is quite easy, very similar to English
beautiful language
high class, yet applicable
classes are mostly friendly girls, rarely stakes (they go for Spanish)

Drawbacks:
pronunciation is a bit tricky
not applicable unless you plan on traveling, in which case it's actually pretty useful.

Overall, great language!
>>
>>38620131
Major is Forensics so I'm taking a bunch of Criminal Justice classes and various computer related ones.
Of course I've also got English and boring Math classes.
>>
>>38629746
Seriously? That's awesome! What's his day to day like? How much schooling did he do?

I love biology and bugs and fish are my passion, but I've accepted biology is my "fun" major and I'll have to go into mining.
>>
Mechanical Engineering major.

Transferred for this semester. My only real life friend is moving away so I have no idea what to do. It's a pretty small place so there are few clubs available and they're all built around identity politics. I'm hoping there's maybe an engineering club or something but it's just unlisted.
>>
>>38630173
He has a PhD.

His day to day is doing risk analysis on crops that overseas farmers are trying to import to the US, focusing on the risks associated with the introduction of potentially harmful insects to the US. He evaluates the treatment methods an exporting country uses and whether or not those methods are sufficient to deal with whatever pests are/might be present on that product in that country. He also advises foreign farmers on how to improve their treatment methods to comply with US import standards.

That last bit has given him the chance to go overseas a few times, and my whole family actually got to live in Ghana for a few years.

Although the day to day is a bit dry he still loves bugs and has some amateur collections, so definitely don't give it up even if you're mining.
>>
I'll be going to Notre Dame this year. I went to the tiny Catholic school across the street from Notre Dame last year.

I'm a transfer student, so I don't get my classes until orientation. I have to take 9 core business classes sophomore year, though, so it will probably be 4 or 5 of these 9 for the first semester:

Accountancy I
Accountancy II
Business Law: Contracts and Agency
Corporate Financial Management
Statistical Inference in Business
IT Management Applications
Principles of Marketing
Principles of Management
Principles of Business Ethics

My tenth class for the year will probably the American Studies gateway course, since I plan on getting a double major in that.

As to whether I'm ready -- I honestly have no idea. I kind of know what to expect because I went to the tiny school across the street last year, and I spent a lot of time at the school where I am now doing activities, making friends, and chilling/working in the student union and library. It's better than going in cold, but transferring still makes me nervous because you have to do all the orientation/friend making silliness again, yet everybody has already solidified their groups of friends and cliques
>>
>>38630529
Principles of Marketing and Business Ethics sound pretty interesting. What are you most looking forward to?
>>
>>38630466
Thanks anon, this was appreciated. The traveling part sounds neat. I have started a couple collections but it's only bugs I already found dead.

>tfw I really want my phd but I'm terrified this means I will never have a family
>>
Hey anons.

Your mom told you "Don't worry son. Once you get out of school, and you're rolling in the big bucks, you'll have your choice of women", didn't she?

She lied.

-t. 2016 Aerospace Engineering graduate who's probably a 6ish/10
>>
>>38630641
It's pretty disgusting that your mom tried to encourage you to go to school so that you can buy whores.
>>
>>38620131
IT with Cyber Security concentration

Digital Communication Systems
Lab for Digital Communication Systems
Fundamental Network Security
Lab for fundamental Network Security
Network Environment 3
Lab for Network Environment 3
General Physics 1
Lab for Gen Physics
Grimms' Fairy Tales (humanities course kek)

Switched from CS to IT, I have taken calc 1 and calc 2 and im not sure if i should take university or gen(algebra based) physics. Everyone says algebra based physics is retarded though but im too much of a brainlet for hard physics.
>>
>>38630660
Okay buddy. Keep deluding yourself that this is, in any way, what the post was about. Keep racking up student loans for Shlomo. Wouldn't want that student loan bubble to collapse.
>>
>>38630609
Yeah a PhD can take a toll, my Dad lost like half his hair while getting his. He and my mom had me while he was starting his program, so I wouldn't discount having a family even if it's more difficult.
>>
>>38620131
I go to Georgia Tech. going into my third year.
As always I expect to take it up the ass as a chemistry major.
classes:
Survey of biochemistry
organic chemistry 2
physical chemistry
synthesis lab
macroeconomics
soft-nano biomaterials
>>
>>38630565
Ehh, I'm not the biggest fan of marketing. I'm an IT Management major, so on the spectrum of the fields within the business school, those two things are pretty far apart. Business Ethics should be interesting, though

Are you a business student? Business majors catch a lot of shit on here because it isn't a "robot field," and I think that it's an unfair characterization. There are plenty of wealthy businessman robots. Personally, I want to start a consulting company that solves technology problems for other companies that are too small to have full time IT people, but are big enough to need infrastructure. It could make serious bank, but I need to have a solid business background to pull something like that off, ya know

Starting your own company is the ultimate robot endeavor. You determine your own hours, and you call all the shots -- it's total freedom

sorry for the business /rant/
>>
>>38630753
>what the post was about
Why does that matter? Why does my point being tangential disprove it?

>student loans
Nice assumption, my dude.

>>38630770
It's more about taking time off related to having a child and how that might leave a massive gap in my resume.
http://www.slate.com/articles/double_x/doublex/2013/06/female_academics_pay_a_heavy_baby_penalty.html
This is about tenure / academia, but it's something that gives me anxiety nonetheless.

That's crazy, though, about having a baby while getting a phd. My friend's parents are both profs and had her during their masters. It's pretty wow.
>>
>>38630809
Sounds like a great plan.

I'm not a business student; I'm in math (much more robot lol) but my degree has a financial concentration. I'm taking a fair amount of econ and finance classes which means I'm in the College of Management buildings often.

Starting a business is the dream, but a lot of hard work needs to go into it so idk if I'm cut out for it or not.
>>
Senior Year Chemical Engineering

UNIT OPERATIONS I
CHEM KINETICS & REACTOR DESIGN
MASS TRANSFER OPERATIONS
ANAL & DESIGN TRANSPORT EQUIP
POLYMER ENGINEERING

im gonna die
>>
anyone else /pharmacy/ here?

this semester I'll have pharmacodynamics, pharmacochemestry, physiopathology and microbiology
>>
File: spaghetti girl.jpg (91KB, 394x394px) Image search: [Google]
spaghetti girl.jpg
91KB, 394x394px
>tfw I, a robot, am now the head of the graduate teaching assistants in my department
>not only do I teach Composition to freshmen but I also teach the other TAs the ropes
>the university pays my tuition, fees, and I can take the TAs out to lunch at any restaurant in town up to twice a month on their dime
>coming out of my shell, being social, loving life and academia
>know that once I graduate it'll be a dizzingly fast descent back to rock bottom

For but a brief moment, I was as God.
>>
>>38630920
Interesting article. It sucks that you're in that position; I'm definitely thankful that my mother was able to pull of having me while doing a masters, but the point definitely stands: she never got farther than a masters. I guess it's all about what you believe will be more fulfilling once you're forced to make a decision like this? I think career is more important early on, but growing old without a family seems like just about the most lonely life experience. It's hard to know what the future you will want lol. Best of luck in any case.
>>
europoor so im just finishing up my exams for this semester.
just biochem and pharmacology (both leftovers i failed during my third semester) and ill be free. then ill be work and travelling for a year to stall for time and figure out what the hell i want out of life before i decide on a masters degree.
>>
>>38631000
Your job will be automated in nine years
>>
how do i join you normies and get into uni
>>
>>38631198
apply to one. they dont typically ask you.
>>
>>38630986
>anal
kek
>>
>>38631184
I don't plan on working on private pharmacies
>>
About to transfer in for poli sci at a meh tier state school. Gonna try and get internships and network in clubs so hopefully things will turn out ok. Ideally id like to find a cushy gubment job.
>>
>>38631154
Thanks a lot for the sympathy, anon, I wasn't expecting that. Hope you have a nice night.
>>
Biochemistry 2nd year

>Molecular cell biology
>Protein biochemistry
>Signalling and integration
>Immunology
>Tools for biochemical discovery
>Labs
>Tutorial assessments (essays and stuff)
>>
Oh boy, it's my last year.

I remember thinking I'd get a gf and finally become a social guy. In a sense I've learned a lot about social skills, but I really didn't have much fun. I made a few friends but they're robots too so it's not like we really party or anything like that, it's nice to have friends though. My friends are graduated now.

I feel very depressed. I had a clearer idea of what I wanted to do with my life before coming here.
>>
>>38630964
Very nice, the ACMS kids where I go to school (Applied Computational Mathematics and Statistics) tend to get some great finance jobs when they get out
>>
>>38630800
Good Luck Necking yourself.

How are they letting you take PChem without finishing Orgo 2?
>>
File: 1371283118255.jpg (10KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1371283118255.jpg
10KB, 250x250px
>>38620131
English writing comprehension (writing essays N sheeeeiiiiit)
AWS/Certification Welding (welding scrap N sheeeeeiiiiiiit)
>>
>>38620131
>want to get into theoretical research
>assigned textbook to go through independently at my "own pace" to learn the material
>tfw just started reading for the first time in 10 days
Need to get off this site and stop binging drone albums desu
>>
Going to begin working at my Master thesis in Material Physics, topic is about amorphous silicon.
I how to find a job in the semiconductor industry later as a physicist.
>>
University of Texas, doing a master's in public affairs mostly because the job I had in the real world sucked.
>>
File: 1388307176852.jpg (141KB, 601x583px) Image search: [Google]
1388307176852.jpg
141KB, 601x583px
>>38632422
Do you play college ball?
>>
>>38627284
>thought they helped me when they made things worse that I refuse to die
looks like the councilors did their jobs
>>
>>38620180
Holy shit I'm starting sophomore year at IU too, small world. Majoring in CS, and took calc 2 this summer
>>
>>38620131
CS
Intro to algorithms
Data structures
Signals and systems
Theory of computation
French III
>>
Tfw finished uni this year
>>
>>38620131
Oral Communications
Calculus 3
Computer Science 2
Principles of Physics
>>
>>38632623
>french
die
>>
File: 238753287253.jpg (7KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
238753287253.jpg
7KB, 300x168px
>tfw want to get into VFX
>Everyone says its incredibly hard and competitive and basically hell on earth

Wat to do?
>>
>>38622151
Did you do any internships while you were getting your degree? If not, then thats your main problem, because they would've let you get a foot in the door.
>>
>>38623370
This. There is no other reason except money for anything here in Bugerland
>>
Graduate with a degree in studio art in fall. I'm so fucked. I worked super hard and couldn't even get an internship got rejected by 50 studios. What can I realistically do with an art degree and a portfolio that's too shitty to get a job? Can't even get a teaching job since it's not an ed degree. I'm gonna be living the star bucks meme aren't I. What options do I even have
>>
>>38632925
You fucked up, best you just start over with a new degree then drown in debt
>>
I thought we were either all NEETs or wagecucks
Thread posts: 235
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.