[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it a mental illness if I'm aware of the things I'm doing?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1498255960246.png (689KB, 744x801px) Image search: [Google]
1498255960246.png
689KB, 744x801px
Is it a mental illness if I'm aware of the things I'm doing?
>>
is it autism if you do autistic things
>>
Am I ill if I know I know I have Aids ?
Come on nigger.
>>
File: read.jpg (59KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
read.jpg
59KB, 655x527px
>>38609752
Yep, you still probably have a mental illness/disorder. Don't come to conclusions until you have been diagnosed though. Although I think I see what you mean. I have BPD and sometimes I'm not aware of when it's taking control but theres also moments where I do notice it and I try to prevent myself from blowing up in someones face and doing some stupid shit
>>
>>38609752
Yeah, there are mental illnesses that cause the sufferer to be unaware that they are ill and there are others that cause the sufferer to be aware of their illness. An example of a person aware of their illness is a schizophrenic patient. He/she knows that there is definitely something wrong. An example of an unaware patient is a narcissist. The two categories are ego dystonic and ego syntonic illnesses. Ego syntonic is the situation in which the person thinks that they are normal. Ego dystonic means that the person knows that something is wrong or different. I hope this helped.
>>
>>38613222
How do you get diagnosed with BPD? I'm 99% sure I have it after being diagnosed with anxiety and depression over the years but over the past few months I've realized my extreme mood swings for no aparrent reason aren't normal
It really sucks, I don't want to be this way especially since BPD seems to really affect your life and make you crazy
>>
>>38609752
Yes, you're just very self aware.
>>
>>38609752
Is it a mental illness if I actively meditate on such states and bring them about on purpose?

muh bipolar. Takes over a decade of meditating to reach and once there they just say you're crazy. lulz
>>
>>38614735
fuck it

Im not original.
>>
>>38616521
Wat are you talking about mate. What do you mean by "fuck it"??
>>
>>38609752
Yep,
Mental Illness is maladaptive behavior. I remember when I would go into my spiraling depressions, I knew the negative self comments were overgeneralizations and such, bu so many of them came so strong, I couldn't fight them off and it ended up overtaking me. I just ended up watching myself turn into a depressed little shit. I was wiped out by the end of the day.
>>
>>38616606
As in like I have it too. Fuck it. Or I got something similar.
>>
File: 1500963716939.png (25KB, 669x514px) Image search: [Google]
1500963716939.png
25KB, 669x514px
Most normies who are not interested/involved in psychology claim that if you're aware of your mental illness then you're not actually ill and just made it up. Like, they consider only full-blown psychotic people to be mentally ill.
Don't even remember why I even started to write this post though
>>
>>38617301
You must have mental retardation, sorry man. It makes you forget things
>>
>he performs his tasks FOR FREE >he moderates this board FOR NO COST
>>
>>38619867
What?
Fuck off homo
Wrong thread
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.