[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey robots. so i'm currently facing an issue in my life

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: glasses frog man.jpg (12KB, 251x201px) Image search: [Google]
glasses frog man.jpg
12KB, 251x201px
hey robots. so i'm currently facing an issue in my life that i dont see a way around. ill try to greentext to make it short and to the point

>be me, 22
>suffered from anxiety and depression for most of my life
>currently living with dad, who doesnt really get how it affects people
>constant pressure to get a job
>finally after over a year i got an interview today
>offered the position
>accept it because better than some of the alternatives

but now im freaking out, panic attacks and all that. its real now, im going to be working a full time job.

which brings me to my question. ive never really been a true NEET. what i mean is, while i fit the actual acronym definition, i dont get neetbux or anything like that.
i really dont know if im going to be able to handle this job, so im wondering how do i actually go about applying and receiving stuff like that?

>sorry for long post
>>
>bump

pls help, idk where else to go for this type of advice
>>
I'm going through something similar now. I just got offered a full time 12.50 per hour job working somewhere i thought i would like. Ended up ghosting it and I'm back to square one. This is the second time in the past few months, and this job was definitely the best job offer I've ever gotten considering my limited experience and the fact ive walked off like almost all of my previous jobs. I cant' hold down a fucking job. Sorry for the rant. At least im lucky enough to have some inheritance money but i won't be able to live off that forever. I still live at home with my mom and (gf) and im 24. I wish I could help you more but maybe my story will make you feel better. It could always be worse. Don't be like me and pussy out, at least give it a try.
>>
>>38606431
You might get used to it OP, just make sure to have a nice cup of coffee before you go to work to make you feel better.
>>
Guess what , you're only 22
yeah that's right I said "only 22"
I'm 30 and wasted my life shitposting and playing video games, if I could go backin time to when i was 22 I would do everything I could to not be a NEET, because you totally still have time
imagine being 30 trying to get a QT GF
not realize that you are are 22 and most women your age are braindead idiots anyway,
just go for it
>>
>>38606622
well ive been describing my ideal job for a few months. this fits it. its a boring office job, data entry. full time, 3:30pm to midnight which is great because im not a morning person

but now that i actually have this job, and im starting on thursday. its real. the panic is really setting in now. i just want to sit in a dark little apartment and play vidya and want to die. i dont want to leech off the system but sometimes i really do feel like i need to
>>
>>38606666
damn, quads check'd.

i totally understand where youre coming from, i have regrets from 8 years ago as well. i remember the one day, the one minute that destroyed the course of my life. i think about it a lot.

im suicidal but im afraid to die. so i just sit in this pit of anxiety and panic, getting my depression dumped on top.

i appreciate your advice either way though. thank you
>>
>>38606685
yeah dude >>38606622 here and I would love to fucking live off the government somehow but im pretty sure i dont qualify unless i did some drastic mental health shit like get admitted to a mental hospital or something but that would complicate my life and might now even be worth it. Do you have a history of disability or illness documented? I know you said you have depression and anxiety so depending on your local rules maybe you could milk that for some government cheese, if it's actually diagnosed. Or just pretend to go off the deep end and see if that gets you anything. IDK man if you want something bad enough even if it's NEETbux just come up with a plan
>>
>>38606789
also have you ever considered starting your own business or becoming self-employed? Could be better on your anxiety since you would be more in control. The best of both worlds maybe.
>>
>>38606655
i'm really hoping i do get used to it. i want to make my dad proud. he's always been there for me and my brother, given us everything we needed.

the only thing he ever asked for in return is for us to do well in school and live a better life than he had. hes never said it to me, but im failing him.

>>38606789
yeah, i was in an outpatient mental health program last summer, been seeing a therapist and psychiatrist for meds for a year now. i do have the proper documentation and stuff, i just dont know how to go about doing it. especially with my father, he wont have me in his house if i do that, hes told me. so i dont know where i would live, i doubt theyd give enough for rent plus everything else
>>
>>38606885
no, never thought about that. my main work-related issues have to do with customer interactions. i just cant handle when a customer gets angry or frustrated, nothing freaks me out more.

so in my own business, id probably have to deal with that.
besides that though, i dont have anything that i could make a business out of. i play vidya, jerk off, and shitpost. thats pretty much

ive always enjoyed writing, maybe being a writer for a newspaper or a site or something would be good for me. i dont know.
>>
>>38606890
I don't know much about it but im sure they would try to address it on a case-by-case basis or something so if you told them the situation maybe they could get you cheap housing. Do some research and make some phone calls. Are you in the US?
>>
>>38606965
i am. new york state. ive been in contact/worked with the department of social services, applied for foodstamps and for temporary cash assistance. ive also applied with social security disability, i did their medical and psych exams, but i dont know how that panned out, didnt hear anything from them. maybe ill speak to my therapist about it tomorrow
>>
>>38606960
Yeah I hate interacting with the public at work too. Have you thought about a night time security guard? Or a janitor? Something like that?
>>
>>38607013
security guard would probably trigger my anxiety. even laying in my bed right now im on edge. like what if someone broke in? i have a 6 inch boot knife that i keep by my pillow.

and im a fat lazy piece of shit, so id really hate a physical labor position

i just want someone to tell me what im going to do. just hold my hand and walk me through life. fuck man im 22 but mentally i feel about 14-16 usually. right now i feel about 10. why am i like this
>>
>>38607061
i feel you. i just wanna lay in bed all day eat food, get my dick sucked by whores while i watch fucking spongebob or something. Lifes not fair. I'm gonna start peeing on strangers
>>
You'll be kay op.
Just fulfill your duties, it's that easy.
Getting fired is hard to do.
>>
>>38607126
well i dont know if i feel you back lmao

my disdain for working has gotten so bad that im seriously considering becoming a trap so some big strong dom can take care of me.
(im already a complete sub slut anyway so)
>>
>>38607191
its very easy to do if you stop showing up and you avoid calling in sick because having to hear the voice at the other end of the phone sound even the slightest bit disappointed or frustrated is way too much to handle. thats how i got fired from my last job
>>
>>38607196
oh well in that case you should post a pic ;)
>>
>>38607235
oh no trust me you wouldnt enjoy it. im fat and hairy. id need to put in work to get trapmode. i do have a little dick though

your interest flatters me. i whore myself around in a discord im in lol
>>
>>38606431
Had same feelings before. All I can suggest is to give it a go, and I cannot stress enough not to put over expectations on yourself. You're new so it's expected you will struggle. Try to not stress about asking for help. People would rather you learn than hide things, which always end up worse off eventually.

tl;dr give it a go, and don't give a shit what you how people judge you.
>>
>>38607292
>dont give a shit what you how people judge you

i dont understand. that concept is foreign to me. not caring what people think
>>
>>38607385
It's not easy. Only really made it after I was 18 or so.
>>
>>38607504
well i think ill make it through the night without a panic attack. i took two benzos (which usually knocks me out for about 14 hours) but i'm staying up after taking them. i'm gooooooooooooooooood. thanks for all the advices robots. i love you all so very much
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.