[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should we be able to "play God" with gene-editing?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (43KB, 800x700px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 800x700px
Should we be able to "play God" with gene-editing?
>>
>>38601760
what, are you scared of space jesus getting mad at you?
>>
>>38601760
Fuck yes. Maybe we can make something better than "humanity."
>>
>>38601778
I'm personally not religious, but we don't even know what the possible consequences of gene editing are yet. If we were to make a mistake, what would be the price?
>>
I'm scared to die. No
>>
>>38601849
Do you mean that you'd rather have it because you don't want to die or that you don't want it to exist because it could potentially kill you
>>
If he can plau with us
Why should we not play with him?
>>
>>38601760

Sooner or later it will be the norm, then it will become obselete because we advance into becoming artificial hybrids or some shit until we all live in a hivemind mothership roaming around the universe pointlessly afyer finally achieving our goal of immortality and securing our species continued existence.
>>
>>38602041
Do you think a future like that is one to strive towards?
>>
No. It would seem good at first because people would use it to ensure healthy babies and shit, but eventually you'd get a bunch of fucking idiots using it to ensure that they have all kinds of retarded shit like 8 sex chromosomes and shit
>>
File: 1496129234256.png (293KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1496129234256.png
293KB, 633x758px
>>38601760
>2568
>St' Acie had parents that bought her genes to make her hot as fuck
>Ch' had had parents that bought him chad genes
>mfw i'm too poor to buy a good life
>>
Absolutely. Uu
>>
>>38602123

I'm not sure honestly.

If one wants to find meaning in life there isn't much set in stone beyond ensuring our species continued existence. So in that regard it's a noble goal to honour your genes and instincts.

But when you reach endgame as a species, then what? Populate the entire universe and discover what we can? Harvest solarsystems for >quantumcomputers in chains of trillions to aid us in figuring the universe out?

Or just fuck all that and be a neet and play videogames and not give much of a fuck about tomorrow.

I dunno man
>>
>>38601760
It doesn't really matter, slowly robots will take over organic life
>>
File: IMG_1043.png (479KB, 837x1203px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1043.png
479KB, 837x1203px
>>38601760
Absolutely. I want monster girls.
>>
Can I get some tentacles?
Tentacles are cool
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.